Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 100797 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #1242: Jan 27, 2023 09:31:10 am
      Don't shoot the messenger but thats how our foreign fans especially the Arab feel right now.

You need to delete your tw@tter account.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,602 posts | 139 
      Reply #1243: Jan 27, 2023 09:52:29 am
      You need to delete your tw@tter account.

It's just not Twitter but also other social media. People took the " share the same culture" thing as SOS are only calling for western owners, hence why people shared the Familyguy race chart meme.  other English fans from other clubs are laughing about the situation  and saying to the Arab fans Liverpool has always been a racist city and has a history of slavery. Also you a  member of red men TV posting nationalistic sh*te that you'd here from a guy like Farage then backtracking saying things like " I'm black I can't be racist"

Our fanbase are more divided then ever and can't even hold a discussion without everyone shouting at each other and calling other fake names.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1244: Jan 27, 2023 10:04:04 am
      It's just not Twitter but also other social media. People took the " share the same culture" thing as SOS are only calling for western owners, hence why people shared the Familyguy race chart meme.  other English fans from other clubs are laughing about the situation  and saying to the Arab fans Liverpool has always been a racist city and has a history of slavery. Also you a  member of red men TV posting nationalistic sh*te that you'd here from a guy like Farage then backtracking saying things like " I'm black I can't be racist"

Our fanbase are more divided then ever and can't even hold a discussion without everyone shouting at each other and calling other fake names.

What do you mean by OUR? fan base? I've never heard or seen Salah get any abuse over here. 
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #1245: Jan 27, 2023 10:25:15 am
      It's just not Twitter but also other social media.

Well in that F***ing case, it must be true. If it's not just twitter but other social media as well!

People took the " share the same culture" thing as SOS are only calling for western owners, hence why people shared the Familyguy race chart meme.

That's why SOS made such a effort to get rid of Hicks and Gillett was it? We only want white Western owners.

other English fans from other clubs are laughing about the situation 

Who gives a flying F**k about other clubs? We're the most successful club in this F***ing country, so let them F***ing laugh. We're the biggest club in the country so let them F***ing laugh. We'll always have the last F***ing laugh because we're Liverpool Football Club.

saying to the Arab fans Liverpool has always been a racist city and has a history of slavery.

Yes we have a history of slavery and like it or not, that history is what helped shape my city into the best F***ing city in the world. It's brought so many different cultures, nationalities and races together.

We've got the largest Asian community outside of London in the country. The country's first mosque was opened in this city. We've got what is widely considered the country's best synagogue on Prinny Rd. And above all F***ing else, we've got a list as long as your F***ing arm of non-white people that this club has idolised. From Johnny Barnes right down to the modern day of Mo Salah, our F***ing Egyptian King. (sorry Howard Gayle but one decent turn out against Bayern Munich doesn't make you idolised even if you were the first black player in our history).

So go F**k yourself saying this city has always been racist. Yeah there's racist people living here, just like there is everywhere else in the world. I've witnessed it, I've been subjected to it at times. But on the whole this city isn't racist. It's F***ing boss. It's as welcoming a city as you can find. That's why Digger Barnes, a man born and bred in Jamaica, still lives here.

Our fanbase are more divided then ever

They're really F***ing not.

This is F**k all compared to what it was like 10-15 years ago during the Rafa/Kenny/Rodgers era. Between 2009 and 2015 was as divided as our fan base has been.

can't even hold a discussion without everyone shouting at each other and calling other fake names.

It isn't helped when people are labelling my city as "always racist" is it?
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,602 posts | 139 
      Reply #1246: Jan 27, 2023 10:54:44 am
      Where the f**k did I PERSONALLY  label Liverpool as racist city ? Don't f**king accuse me of things I didn't say telling me to go f**k myself . Maybe take your anger at people saying those things instead of insulting me. I know every place has racists in it, I'm not dumb.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1247: Jan 27, 2023 12:00:31 pm
      Where the f**k did I PERSONALLY  label Liverpool as racist city ? Don't f**king accuse me of things I didn't say telling me to go f**k myself . Maybe take your anger at people saying those things instead of insulting me. I know every place has racists in it, I'm not dumb.

Ffs fella, you donā€™t poke a hornets nest then run the F**k off, the very fact you brought the subject into a Liverpool FC forum , messenger or not it still leaves you holding a smoking gun,

No one here is calling you racist, but are rightly calling you out and suggesting you F**k off with that sh*te from your Twatter buddies, you may have done so already but if you understood the culture and history of Liverpool as a city you should have jumped all over those fuckwits and put them in their place, the same way Billy has done with you.

Hereā€™s another suggestion for you, delete your twatter sh*t and anything else that isnā€™t a knowledgeable source of information, it might be a good idea to perhaps look in these boards for the latest updates regarding anything LFC, without stating the obvious itā€™s a much more reliable platform than the sh*te You believe in, you may as well believe in fairies or Everton winning a trophy!!!

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,602 posts | 139 
      Reply #1248: Jan 27, 2023 12:02:31 pm

Ffs fella, you donā€™t poke a hornets nest then run the f**k off, the very fact you brought the subject into a Liverpool FC forum , messenger or not it still leaves you holding a smoking gun,

No one here is calling you racist, but are rightly calling you out and suggesting you f**k off with that sh*te from your Twatter buddies, you may have done so already but if you understood the culture and history of Liverpool as a city you should have jumped all over those fuckwits and put them in their place, the same way Billy has done with you.

Hereā€™s another suggestion for you, delete your twatter sh*t and anything else that isnā€™t a knowledgeable source of information, it might be a good idea to perhaps look in these boards for the latest updates regarding anything LFC, without stating the obvious itā€™s a much more reliable platform than the sh*te You believe in, you may as well believe in fairies or Everton winning a trophy!!!

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A

I already did and my Twitter account got banned for 3 days for insulting City fans.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1249: Jan 27, 2023 12:54:20 pm
      The 'promised' signings supposedly in a few months or whatever could be more FSG bullshit!
      Who and how will manifest these 'promises?
      Either JĆ¼rgen Klopp gets his hand in his pocket or the more unlikely proposition of FSG stumping up the dosh are the only contenders.

Maybe FSG anticipated  being trampled in the rush of investors eager to take up their offer of part ownership of LFC, maybe potential investors are unwilling to join forces with owners who are unwilling to feed the investment that is LFC and the rush of investment is none existent.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #1250: Jan 27, 2023 03:51:06 pm

You're the one who brought it on this forum, so you're the one who my response will be aimed at.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #1251: Jan 27, 2023 03:58:02 pm
      I think most of the stick SOS are getting at the moment is ridiculous. That being said though, it would be good if they put half as much effort into the dodgy things directly related to the club right now (AXA, Standard Chartered for example) as they are doing currently for a situation that is purely speculation (unless SOS know of actual Qatari interest in the club).
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1252: Jan 27, 2023 05:10:07 pm

I already did and my Twitter account got banned for 3 days for insulting City fans.

Good man, keep the insults going for them cnuts 😁😁😁😁😁😁
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1253: Jan 27, 2023 05:43:58 pm
      What do you mean by OUR? fan base? I've never heard or seen Salah get any abuse over here. 

They crazy thing is Keith they're bitching essentially about FSG owning us and this would be the same owners who have told them they "belong" and are part of "the greatest football family"

The irony is lost on those wanting to stamp their feet and spit their dummy out.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1254: Jan 31, 2023 12:24:21 pm
      My mind is made up. FSG out. Simple

Their sell-to-buy format is not failing - it's failed. And before anyone says "that's always been their policy", I'll reply with, so? It used to be the policy that 4-2-4 was a very popular formation, it used to be that two substitutes worked just fine. But times change and we need to acquire owners who will hand over to our manager more than a net spend of around Ā£25m per transfer window over 12 years. They don't have to be stinking rich, just willing to invest in the squad when it's required.

Last season was the last hurrah for this squad. Reality is starting to bite hard and if something big doesn't happen soon, I fear we could find ourselves regressing back to pre-Klopp days. Perhaps we have one or two world-class players, but nowhere near enough to challenge seriously for pretty much anything.

Enough is enough. Whatever is happening behind the scenes, isn't happening quickly enough. This season is already a busted flush. I'm just hoping it's all sorted by next season.

/rant over
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2023 12:36:19 pm by Rush »
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,602 posts | 139 
      Reply #1255: Jan 31, 2023 12:31:59 pm
      No only FSG out but the whole medical team need replacing as welll.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      Reply #1256: Jan 31, 2023 12:37:00 pm
      No only FSG out but the whole medical team need replacing as welll.
      I don't think we have a medical team to replace!
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 390 
      Reply #1257: Jan 31, 2023 12:40:11 pm
      If ran well City, United, Chelsea, Newcastle could just blow us out of the water completely.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3365 
      Reply #1258: Jan 31, 2023 12:44:04 pm
      My mind is made up. FSG out. Simple

Their sell-to-buy format is not failing - it's failed. And before anyone says "that's always been their policy", I'll reply with, so? It used to be the policy that 4-2-4 was a very popular formation, it used to be that two substitutes worked just fine. But times change and we need to acquire owners who will hand over to our manager more than a net spend of around Ā£25m per transfer window over 12 years. They don't have to be stinking rich, just willing to invest in the squad when it's required.

Last season was the last hurrah for this squad. Reality is starting to bite hard and if something big doesn't happen soon, I fear we could find ourselves regressing back to pre-Klopp days. Perhaps we have one or two world-class players, but nowhere near enough to challenge seriously for pretty much anything.

Enough is enough. Whatever is happening behind the scenes, isn't happening quickly enough. This season is already a busted flush. I'm just hoping it's all sorted by next season.

/rant over

So now they only way we can be successful is if we have a model where we spend more than we make and we need someone to pick up the bill for the gap between outgoings and incomings ?

And that just leaves us with state ownership or finding some very rich consortium who are willing to lose millions each year
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,602 posts | 139 
      Reply #1259: Jan 31, 2023 12:46:20 pm

So now they only way we can be successful is if we have a model where we spend more than we make and we need someone to pick up the bill for the gap between outgoings and incomings ?

And that just leaves us with state ownership or finding some very rich consortium who are willing to lose millions each year

It's fine to hate state ownership for moral reason. But you can't deny they know how to properly run a club. Newcastle and City are properly run clubs at the moment.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3365 
      Reply #1260: Jan 31, 2023 01:03:46 pm
      It's fine to hate state ownership for moral reason. But you can't deny they know how to properly run a club. Newcastle and City are properly run clubs at the moment.

Depends on what you mean by ā€œrun properlyā€ ?

If you mean financially cook the books to get the rules then they do that
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1261: Jan 31, 2023 01:09:04 pm
      Newcastle and City are properly run clubs at the moment.

Are they really??
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,602 posts | 139 
      Reply #1262: Jan 31, 2023 01:10:15 pm

Depends on what you mean by ā€œrun properlyā€ ?

If you mean financially cook the books to get the rules then they do that

That would be Chelsea. City are actually being run sustainably now, they let go of Sterling, Jesus, Cancelo, Zinchenko and replaced some of these players with Haaland and Alvarez who is cheap. I gotta give them credit when it's due, they even lost 2 of their fullbacks and are using academy players to fill in the gaps.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      Reply #1263: Jan 31, 2023 01:11:38 pm

Do you believe the only way to own/run a football club is by state-owned villains or dodgy billionaires in a consortium?

If you believe, 'no' - could you tell me your third option?
      If you believe 'yes' - are FSG state-owned villains or a dodgy billionaire consortium?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3365 
      Reply #1264: Jan 31, 2023 01:12:12 pm
      That would be Chelsea. City are actually being run sustainably now, they let go of Sterling, Jesus, Cancelo, Zinchenko and replaced some of these players with Haaland and Alvarez who is cheap. I gotta give them credit when it's due, they even lost 2 of their fullbacks and are using academy players to fill in the gaps.

You really think that City arenā€™t cooking the sponsership books

Quick Reply