Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 102381 times
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #1357: Feb 02, 2023 07:38:14 pm
      A basic understanding is all people need - I know that’s a struggle for some

Just out of interest…. If FSG do sell up, would you prefer a similarly run business or total fantasy football finances by some erratic billionaire ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #1358: Feb 02, 2023 07:38:36 pm
      Just out of interest…. If FSG do sell up, would you prefer a similarly run business or total fantasy football finances by some erratic billionaire ?

Similarly run business please
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1359: Feb 02, 2023 07:45:12 pm

See, it’s the same view as me then.
      I don’t think there is anything wrong with FSG except they are in lawless society.
      If the town had a sheriff we would be fine.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #1360: Feb 02, 2023 07:48:19 pm
      See, it’s the same view as me then.
      I don’t think there is anything wrong with FSG except they are in lawless society.
      If the town had a sheriff we would be fine.

Will take FSG the way they allow the club to run over a Boehly just going mad

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1361: Feb 02, 2023 07:50:25 pm
      A basic understanding is all people need - I know that’s a struggle for some

Or...wait for it...maybe people don't want to have to understand any of it at all. Maybe they just want to watch their team play footy and not have to have someone inundate them with financial tomfoolery whenever they question why the team looks like it needs updated but doesn't get updated.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1362: Feb 02, 2023 07:55:36 pm

Imagine a world where there were actually options that fell between those two ends of the spectrum?

Almost like you could literally run the business reasonably, but occasionally do some reasonably low risk speculation to take advantage of positions of strength, or to bring the team out of a position of weakness. As opposed to just sitting back and saying "We only spend what we make, we can compete financially with anyone though, we just choose not to".

Just sayin.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #1363: Feb 02, 2023 08:00:38 pm
      Or...wait for it...maybe people don't want to have to understand any of it at all. Maybe they just want to watch their team play footy and not have to have someone inundate them with financial tomfoolery whenever they question why the team looks like it needs updated but doesn't get updated.

1. Then don’t read the post

2. Don’t F***ing cry about money not being spent
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1364: Feb 02, 2023 08:36:34 pm
      1. Then don’t read the post

2. Don’t f**king cry about money not being spent

Oh I’ll do whatever I want bud. You can piss off if you think you somehow can tell anyone on this forum how to post or interact.

By the way, thought you had me on ignore? Guess you just can’t stand not having the last word.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1365: Feb 02, 2023 08:37:56 pm

Chelsea are spending like kids in a sweet shop, a LOT of new players coming in, huge money spent.
      Remains to be seen if Potter and staff can get the best out of them.  But they have a lot of new young players to work with.

We are at the opposite end. Spending jack sh*t.

Would settle for something in between. We don't need to throw money around. Just back Jürgen when he needs players. He's shown he doesn't need crazy money.

But definitely not like FSG, we need someone who is prepared to invest more in players, and back the manager, then them with their sell-to-buy, uncompetitively low net spend model.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #1366: Feb 02, 2023 09:44:50 pm
      And probably will never be properly enforced

There will of course be multiple loopholes for people to get around
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1367: Feb 02, 2023 09:51:04 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1368: Feb 03, 2023 02:00:51 am
      I am sick of hearing do gooders say how FSG are not a problem.

Absolute bollocks.

They are running this club like a sh*t show and fell right on their F***ing feet with Klopp. The second he had big money to spend he F***ing did but that took Coutinho blagging a back injury.

Sell the F**k up. Not good enough. We are getting left behind. Blind if you can't see it but most probably stubborn to an argument that you invested in a few years back.

Weirdos.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #1369: Feb 03, 2023 06:40:12 am
      I'm probably in the minority on here but I don't think FSG have been terrible owners. They took us from a top 6 club with limited aspirations and not significant silverware to a European powerhouse that has CL, PL trophies among others. They renovated the stadium and surrounding area and have bought players while breaking transfer records.  I do think they should have spent more money on transfers and feel they have not taken advantage of what they had. I think they should sell and unfortunately if we want to compete with City, Chelsea, Newcastle, Madrid, Bayern etc....We need a big investor with big pockets. But, I remember the wilderness years. I remember H & G and bad players and worse coaches. But FSG don't deserve all the hate that they're getting. They made us relevant again and I wouldn't trade the last 8 years for anything. It's been amazing.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #1370: Feb 03, 2023 07:04:53 am
      I'm probably in the minority on here but I don't think FSG have been terrible owners. They took us from a top 6 club with limited aspirations and not significant silverware to a European powerhouse that has CL, PL trophies among others. They renovated the stadium and surrounding area and have bought players while breaking transfer records.  I do think they should have spent more money on transfers and feel they have not taken advantage of what they had. I think they should sell and unfortunately if we want to compete with City, Chelsea, Newcastle, Madrid, Bayern etc....We need a big investor with big pockets. But, I remember the wilderness years. I remember H & G and bad players and worse coaches. But FSG don't deserve all the hate that they're getting. They made us relevant again and I wouldn't trade the last 8 years for anything. It's been amazing.

Yes you got that right the top bit at least .
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #1371: Feb 03, 2023 08:36:43 am

FSG have been good owners of the club - there have been some bumps along the road but their ownership has seen the club massively improve both on and off the pitch

In 91 we started a fall from Grace as we watched Utd over take us - they sorted out off the pitch and built on the pitch , they turned themselves into a commercial monster and they took advantage of the new money and the Prem - we stood still , we had the odd fleeting glory moments - 01 , 05 but we never really got near get that league again and then we nearly fell apart under H&G

FSG went about getting the club back to the top and we have done - some will give them fa credit for anything but they have played their part being where we are and what we have done over the last 8 years.

If anyone thinks they haven’t been good owners then either they weren’t around before 2012 or they only look at ownership in regards spending money on players. And right now a drop in form gives some the fuel to go at them again - Christ imagine what it would have been like when we went 7 years without winning anything under Shanks

If they do sell the club then I hope people would have the grace to thank them. And let’s hope whoever comes in fits everyone’s wishes
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1372: Feb 03, 2023 08:47:42 am

Exactly right - their time has now ran its course. Looks like they’re comfortable dropping out the champions league / European places which confirms they have no more ambition for this club.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,215 posts | 916 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1373: Feb 03, 2023 08:51:01 am

The biggrst reason we have done so well isnt FSG the only reason if Jürgen Klopp and nothing else now FSG are exhasting even Klopps powers sell up for me
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #1374: Feb 03, 2023 09:10:46 am
      Can only imagine the sh*t they'd get if we hadn't won everything there is to win under their watch. ;D

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1375: Feb 03, 2023 09:12:44 am
      I don't see how people can credit fsg. They've not put a penny into the club ... that the club hasn't paid them back.

The value of their 200m purchase has gone upto 3.5bn ... that's down to Jürgen Klopp.

Yes they hired Klopp ... not exactly a genius move. They also dragged the king to Boston to sack him. They also hired brendan ... God knows who'd they hire post klopp. They tried to up ticket prices to ridiculous levels and tried to get us into a super league for their own gain.

Imagine what we'd have done under klopp if they'd supported him. And now in our most desperate time ... with a midtable finish on the cards they've decided to bail and cash their chips in.

Only ever interested in making money for themselves. Just sell up and f*ck off you parasites.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #1376: Feb 03, 2023 09:29:16 am
      I don't see how people can credit fsg. They've not put a penny into the club ... that the club hasn't paid them back.

The value of their 200m purchase has gone upto 3.5bn ... that's down to Jürgen Klopp.

Yes they hired Klopp ... not exactly a genius move. They also dragged the king to Boston to sack him. They also hired brendan ... God knows who'd they hire post klopp. They tried to up ticket prices to ridiculous levels and tried to get us into a super league for their own gain.

Imagine what we'd have done under klopp if they'd supported him. And now in our most desperate time ... with a midtable finish on the cards they've decided to bail and cash their chips in.

Only ever interested in making money for themselves. Just sell up and f*ck off you parasites.

Why didn’t the two previous owners do anything then 🤷‍♂️
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1377: Feb 03, 2023 10:19:47 am
      the preceding 12 years prior to FSG which the FSG devotees often remark as insignificant and lacking trophies had 2 FA Cup's 2 League Cups 1 Champions league and 1 Uefa Cup missing out only on the league so dont make out FSG did anything more to make us win silverware that is down to Jürgen and his team.
      What about the finals we lost which with more investment would have been wins. They came here for one reason they could smell the money the profit and when Chelsea sold so quickly they went giddy at the thought of the profit they could now take.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #1378: Feb 03, 2023 10:28:31 am
      the preceding 12 years prior to FSG which the FSG devotees often remark as insignificant and lacking trophies had 2 FA Cup's 2 League Cups 1 Champions league and 1 Uefa Cup missing out only on the league so dont make out FSG did anything more to make us win silverware that is down to Jürgen and his team.
      What about the finals we lost which with more investment would have been wins. They came here for one reason they could smell the money the profit and when Chelsea sold so quickly they went giddy at the thought of the profit they could now take.

Why just 12 years ? Why not the 20 plus years before FSG bought the club ?

8 trophies in 20 years

Think it’s 6 since 2012

Can you even remember the day before they bought us the state we were in and how far behind we were from the likes of Man Utd , Chelsea and Arsenal at the time.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1379: Feb 03, 2023 10:36:29 am
      Exactly right - their time has now ran its course. Looks like they’re comfortable dropping out the champions league / European places which confirms they have no more ambition for this club.

While Anfield is sold out evey game and the brand is globally successful FSG will remain.
      The only factor that will change the set up is if a mad offer comes in that meets their bloated estimation of the club's worth.

They sit in their offices in Boston and watch the asset that is LFC increase in value while they do F**k all.
      Their greed has no boundary.

The only thing that might effect a change is the day Jürgen Klopp decides he has had enough of the speculators .

Quick Reply