Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 102350 times
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,846 posts | 401 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #1495: Feb 05, 2023 10:17:36 am
      I dont see them as leaches taking money out the club. I see them as a group who took advantage of a great deal when they saw LFC available available 300m or whatever it was.

After doing their due diligence they saw what an amazing opportunity it was to own a sports team with the potential if ran correctly to sell on down the line at a huge profit.

No doubt in my kind we are 'ran well' and in a mile better position now then we were in 2008/2009.

But look now at the teams we are competing with. Being ran well alone has reached its limits. It has stopped us from winning a couple more league titles and another champions league. Just when we needed that tiny bit more the club just couldn't do it.

The difference between 1 league title and 1 champions league was probably a better goalkeeper than the Ā£5.3M goalkeeper the club went for to be our main keeper and an extra midfield and defensive option last season.

Basically the squad has always been the issue. The first XI before this season was right up there. But it wasn't too many injuries until we were scraping the barrel and it cost us from being the dominant force to being the challengers for the titles.

We are now as far away from those honours as we have ever been under Klopp. I have to say with competing with the capital City, Chelsea, Newcastle, and United have got and with the lack of assets worth selling at the club currently I don't see a way of turning this around under Fenway.

Outaide investment would be nice but I would definitely prefer they sell and I'll have no complaints with the huge profit they will walk away with. They did their due diligence well and in the main ran us well knowing full well the prize for doing so was a huge return on their investment.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1496: Feb 05, 2023 10:30:15 am

One midfield signing in three seasons for a club of our size is criminal.

Not saying our form right now is all down to FSG not investing enough.
      Some big players have lost form, Hendo, Fab in particular.
      BUT. Big but. This should not have been a bolt from the blue. You CAN'T keep going to the same well time after time and not expect the water to run out. And that's why imho this drop in form is different to the last one.
      We needed investment over time in the midfield and it didn't happen. FSG have made the bed, now we have to lie in it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,897 posts | 3394 
      Reply #1497: Feb 05, 2023 11:03:05 am
      Look at a team called AC Milan.

Red bird are not spending money on AC milan and are under investigation for embezzlment on the purchase. Why would they give 1b in transfer funds to another team?

Have you got links to this investigation 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,897 posts | 3394 
      Reply #1498: Feb 05, 2023 11:07:33 am
      We actually were extremely lucky to get the money from the sale of Coutinho to fund VVD and Allison. No way we would have signed them otherwise. They would both be at different clubs right now. So a lot of our success under FSG came down to financial luck.

One midfield signing in three seasons for a club of our size is criminal.

FSG have bled this club for all they can. We need owners with spending power who don't have a zero nett spend policy which is unsustainable in today's game.

1. The club were looking to buy VVD in the summer before Coutinho left

2. There is no ā€œzero Nett spend policyā€

3. They havenā€™t ā€œbledā€ the club dry

Just because they donā€™t spend their money on buying players letā€™s not make up bullshit to try and make them out worse
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 144 
      Reply #1499: Feb 05, 2023 11:09:16 am
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1500: Feb 05, 2023 11:32:53 am
      Not saying our form right now is all down to FSG not investing enough.
      Some big players have lost form, Hendo, Fab in particular.
      BUT. Big but. This should not have been a bolt from the blue. You CAN'T keep going to the same well time after time and not expect the water to run out. And that's why imho this drop in form is different to the last one.
      We needed investment over time in the midfield and it didn't happen. FSG have made the bed, now we have to lie in it.

FSG are bad bed makers
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 144 
      Reply #1502: Feb 05, 2023 11:52:38 am
      This is the time where the SOS need to speak up otherwise they would be seen as hypocrites. We don't want these dodgy Red Bird gaining influence in our club. Its that bad that I'd rather see the FSG remain majority holders than see Redbird gain any influence.

I'm praying these rumours are fake and it another made social media story otherwise we'd be doomed. The same source mentioned QIA want a majority stake in Liverpool but FSG are refusing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,897 posts | 3394 
      Reply #1503: Feb 05, 2023 12:32:57 pm
      This is the time where the SOS need to speak up otherwise they would be seen as hypocrites. We don't want these dodgy Red Bird gaining influence in our club. Its that bad that I'd rather see the FSG remain majority holders than see Redbird gain any influence.

I'm praying these rumours are fake and it another made social media story otherwise we'd be doomed. The same source mentioned QIA want a majority stake in Liverpool but FSG are refusing.

You do know that Redbird already own a stake in FSG

Why do SOS need to speak up

What is the issue with Redbird exactly
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #1504: Feb 05, 2023 12:52:56 pm

You paid your union dues?

If not, shut the F**k up!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1505: Feb 05, 2023 01:05:05 pm

FSG will retain their status as a major shareholder.
      The media have invented this headline of 'putting LFC up for sale, there has been no indication from the owners that this is the case!

They are looking for a party to buy into the club but not to have a major decision making role.
      Possibly there is a case of raising capital to (hopefully) put an end to our downward spiral.
      Some hard decisions are a priority!
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 144 
      Reply #1506: Feb 05, 2023 01:30:40 pm
      You do know that Redbird already own a stake in FSG

Why do SOS need to speak up

Bunch of lying frauds ? Why would I want these frauds to gain even more influence?
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 144 
      Reply #1507: Feb 05, 2023 01:33:15 pm
      You paid your union dues?

If not, shut the f**k up!!

I'm starting to think the xenophobia claim have some truth based on how some of our fans are reacting right now. They are even going through to defend bunch of corrupt who destroyed a beautiful club like AC Milan.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,897 posts | 3394 
      Reply #1508: Feb 05, 2023 01:37:57 pm

Bunch of lying frauds ? Why would I want these frauds to gain even more influence?

How are they ā€œlying fraudsā€
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1509: Feb 05, 2023 01:40:05 pm
      Personally, I canā€™t see FSG going anywhere within the next couple of years. Their valuation of the club is unrealistic and any potential bidders know that if they bide their time, with a continued lack of investment from FSG, the asking price will eventually plummet.
      Obviously I could well be wrong, just the way I see it.

But whenever FSG do leave, thereā€™s a strong possibility they do so with us being in an equal/worse on pitch position than when they arrived as we are currently looking like setting our lowest ever PL finish. IMO Klopp leaves the club before FSG and if you think things are bad now, this is nothing compared to what will happen if that does end up being the case.

We have 8 away points out of a possible 30, which is worse than bottom of the league.

FSG basically want to keep majority ownership but spend someone elseā€™s money which simply isnā€™t going to happen because theyā€™ve been in the lookout for that since 2016.

Yes weā€™ve won every trophy under their ownership but the main people we have to thank for that are Coutinho and Barca because without that sale, I think we are kidding ourselves if we think Alisson and Virgil would still have arrived at the club.

I read today they are currently being investigated for embezzlement.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #1510: Feb 05, 2023 03:27:13 pm
      I'm starting to think the xenophobia claim have some truth based on how some of our fans are reacting right now. They are even going through to defend bunch of corrupt who destroyed a beautiful club like AC Milan.

F**k all to do with Berlusconi then you thick tw*t?

You keep banging on about SOS, they are a supporters union. So my F***ing question to you that you keep banging on about them is have you paid your dues? Cos if you haven't whatever they do has got F**k all to do with you!!

And F**k off with the xenophobia shouts you utter sh*t-stirring F***ing snide.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1511: Feb 05, 2023 03:29:42 pm
      Personally, I canā€™t see FSG going anywhere within the next couple of years. Their valuation of the club is unrealistic and any potential bidders know that if they bide their time, with a continued lack of investment from FSG, the asking price will eventually plummet.

But whenever FSG do leave, thereā€™s a strong possibility they do so with us being in an equal/worse on pitch position than when they arrived as we are currently looking like setting our lowest ever PL finish. IMO Klopp leaves the club before FSG and if you think things are bad now, this is nothing compared to what will happen if that does end up being the case.

FSG basically want to keep majority ownership but spend someone elseā€™s money which simply isnā€™t going to happen because theyā€™ve been in the lookout for that since 2016.

Without Klopp we are back to the multi-managerial none achievement seasons but as we experienced FSG are unaffected by lack of success while the asset that is LFC gives them a good return.

The manager's physical and emotional reactions during the game yesterday were not optimistic.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1512: Feb 05, 2023 03:32:02 pm
      I miss when all footy fans needed was the pink echo and not the financial times to know how their club got on.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #1513: Feb 05, 2023 03:34:58 pm
      I miss when all footy fans needed was the pink echo and not the financial times to know how their club got on.

All that financial sh*t does my head in, just an excuse to drive more copy fir the press and more sh*t to talk on SSN.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1514: Feb 05, 2023 04:17:03 pm
      Just get this man in.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,897 posts | 3394 
      Reply #1515: Feb 05, 2023 04:24:09 pm

How have they ā€œdestroyedā€ AC Milan ?

The same Ac Milan that spent years behind other teams and recently won the leage again

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,897 posts | 3394 
      Reply #1516: Feb 05, 2023 04:24:44 pm

We have 8 away points out of a possible 30, which is worse than bottom of the league.

Yes weā€™ve won every trophy under their ownership but the main people we have to thank for that are Coutinho and Barca because without that sale, I think we are kidding ourselves if we think Alisson and Virgil would still have arrived at the club.

I read today they are currently being investigated for embezzlement.

Seems a minority stake holder has made a complaint about the takeover process
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1517: Feb 06, 2023 01:22:33 am
      Never used to be too fussed about FSG as owners but Iā€™m at a point where I think itā€™s time they go. If for no other reason than we can all stop arguing about whether they are really holding us back and we will know once and for all. I donā€™t think they really care about the club outside of being an asset. They tried (vaguely) to make a connection but it always came across as contrived.

Iā€™m not ā€œFSG OUTā€, more-so ā€œFSG, kindly see yourselves to the door, thank you and good luck.ā€

The next owners won't really care about us how we'd like either mate but we need to be able to spend more. We are about to get left behind if nothing changes. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

Quick Reply