Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 102461 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #1518: Feb 06, 2023 09:29:35 am
      Looks like FSG have Sky on their side now as well.

The Reddy article and yesterday Carra laying into Klopp, itā€™s getting ugly.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #1519: Feb 06, 2023 09:42:26 am

So was Carragher way off with what he said ?

It seems to me he was spot on

And it wasnā€™t ā€œlayingā€ into Klopp

And itā€™s not ā€œsidesā€ ffs

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1520: Feb 06, 2023 09:54:11 am

So was Carragher way off with what he said ?

It seems to me he was spot on

And it wasnā€™t ā€œlayingā€ into Klopp

And itā€™s not ā€œsidesā€ ffs

Well the official FSG mascot would agree 🤣

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #1521: Feb 06, 2023 09:57:49 am
      Well the official FSG mascot would agree 🤣

Arenā€™t you agreeing though in another thread ?

You are saying that itā€™s Klopp thatā€™s spending the money on forwards not midfield so itā€™s down to Klopp which is what Carra was saying
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1522: Feb 06, 2023 10:09:58 am
      Arenā€™t you agreeing though in another thread ?

You are saying that itā€™s Klopp thatā€™s spending the money on forwards not midfield so itā€™s down to Klopp which is what Carra was saying

I was saying Carra is laying into Klopp.

And I if you add in the leak, more than likely authorised by FSG, the dynamics at the club are changing - trying to land the blame on kloppā€™s shoulders rather than the lack of investment.

Yeah sure Klopp should have bought a Midfield instead of Gakpo, but why should he only have Ā£40M to spend in a window.

When those mingebag fuckers are sitting on a gold mine.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #1523: Feb 06, 2023 10:16:33 am
      I was saying Carra is laying into Klopp.

And I if you add in the leak, more than likely authorised by FSG, the dynamics at the club are changing - trying to land the blame on kloppā€™s shoulders rather than the lack of investment.

Yeah sure Klopp should have bought a Midfield instead of Gakpo, but why should he only have Ā£40M to spend in a window.

When those mingebag fuckers are sitting on a gold mine.

Carragher wasnā€™t ā€œlayingā€ into Klopp

And ā€œleakā€ 😂😂

Just stop believing nonsense maybe 🤔

They had money and spent it on a player just like they did in the summer and the Jan before that - not everything is the fault of FSG
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1524: Feb 06, 2023 10:57:46 am
      Maybe if City get hammered it may put off someone who thinks they can come in and ignore financial rules but somehow I doubt it and as the EPL have passed it onto an commission so who know when and what they will come up with.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #1525: Feb 06, 2023 11:03:47 am
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1526: Feb 06, 2023 12:01:48 pm

Not sure Reddy was laying into JĆ¼rgen, maybe I need to read again.

On Carra, the Tchouacemi deal not going thro is not news. He seems to have wanted to go to Real from the off, so was going to be a tough convince. JĆ¼rgen tried to bring him here. Was he fully backed in convincing him?
      We later spent the 80mill on Nunez.
      Would we have spent 80mill on each of them?
      Also, we took in 70mill in the summer, so again net spend as usual low.

Interesting though that the narrative seems to be switching to JĆ¼rgen.

Not going to rehash my thoughts on FSG, but this changes nothing.

As Reddy said "The only established midfielder permanently bought by the club since August 2018 has been the pedigreed Thiago, whose injury issues were common knowledge, in September 2020."

During the summer just gone, and previous windows, the people defending FSG wouldn't even admit that we needed to strengthen the midfield !!
      What does that say.

Now we have the focus switching to JĆ¼rgen w.r.t. this slump, again moving it away from FSG.   Was bound to happen, and noone is above question.  But after the miracles he's worked operating within the FSG 'model',  think will be giving him the benefit of the doubt.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,047 posts | 2097 
      Reply #1527: Feb 06, 2023 01:41:06 pm
      After reading the City headlines, it's remarkable that we still have fans who want us to join the sportswashing / financially corrupt clan.

How anyone cannot see that City's triumphs have been artificial and have devalued trophies to that of tinfoil is beyond me. And you get these twitter losers from nowhereseville crying racism against SOS and those who are bang against it.

Well those losers can come back to us when they can actually pinpoint Liverpool on the map. They can come back to us when they can espouse their knowledge of the wonders of Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish. When they know that the story of the city and the club and all it's glories and tragedies are intertwined to create one entity.

But so long as they can't do any of the above, they can swivel on it and continue with their try hard grievance agenda.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #1528: Feb 06, 2023 01:48:47 pm
      Not sure Reddy was laying into JĆ¼rgen, maybe I need to read again.

On Carra, the Tchouacemi deal not going thro is not news. He seems to have wanted to go to Real from the off, so was going to be a tough convince. JĆ¼rgen tried to bring him here. Was he fully backed in convincing him?
      We later spent the 80mill on Nunez.
      Would we have spent 80mill on each of them?
      Also, we took in 70mill in the summer, so again net spend as usual low.

Interesting though that the narrative seems to be switching to JĆ¼rgen.

Not going to rehash my thoughts on FSG, but this changes nothing.

As Reddy said "The only established midfielder permanently bought by the club since August 2018 has been the pedigreed Thiago, whose injury issues were common knowledge, in September 2020."

During the summer just gone, and previous windows, the people defending FSG wouldn't even admit that we needed to strengthen the midfield !!
      What does that say.

Now we have the focus switching to JĆ¼rgen w.r.t. this slump, again moving it away from FSG.   Was bound to happen, and noone is above question.  But after the miracles he's worked operating within the FSG 'model',  think will be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Why are FSG at fault for the club spend Ā£130mil on the wrong players ?

Surely Klopp and the recruitment are accountable for which players arrive ?

They made the choice to bring in players

Since Thiago arrived we have bought

Jota , Konate , Diaz , Nunez and Gakpo

Why didnā€™t they bring in a centr mid ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1529: Feb 06, 2023 01:53:59 pm

Why canā€™t one of the biggest clubs in the world have those forwards, and in fact needed but also have funds for midfielders 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

The F**k is the matter wrong with you?

At least pretend you are not on their payroll 😩

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1530: Feb 06, 2023 01:55:20 pm

Did you hear his comments?

Carra even said he's no FSG stooge before he made his comments, he just refuses to blame FSG for this one and thinks it's on Klopp - that's Carra's personal opinion.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1531: Feb 06, 2023 01:57:48 pm
      do you think FSG bought the club because of the fabric of the club was woven by hardworking men ex miners Scots and dockers or was it an obvious golden egg waiting to to be picked up for a song.
      Uefa tried and failed the Court of arbitration did F**k all so I cant see anything changing once the lawyers get involved and City can buy the best lawyers and they usually win. In the next 10 years we could well have a league within a league based on wealth of owners or their willingness to spend their money it whether or not we will keep crying foul from mid table or join in with new owners.
      For me personally I would like football to go bust and start again with players having to live off Ā£10k or Ā£20k per week how would they cope.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1532: Feb 06, 2023 01:58:22 pm
      I think Carragher has also said he thinks the whole team should go before Klopp. Heā€™s in no way trying to slag JĆ¼rgen over FSG, just pointing out his opinion on how itā€™s gone down. Itā€™s no secret Klopp can be very hard lined about getting only his first choice. And sometimes heā€™s been flexible, so in this instance maybe hardline isnā€™t the right choice. Itā€™s a valid argument.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1533: Feb 06, 2023 02:00:14 pm
      do you think FSG bought the club because of the fabric of the club was woven by hardworking men ex miners Scots and dockers or was it an obvious golden egg waiting to to be picked up for a song.
      Uefa tried and failed the Court of arbitration did f**k all so I cant see anything changing once the lawyers get involved and City can buy the best lawyers and they usually win. In the next 10 years we could well have a league within a league based on wealth of owners or their willingness to spend their money it whether or not we will keep crying foul from mid table or join in with new owners.
      For me personally I would like football to go bust and start again with players having to live off Ā£10k or Ā£20k per week how would they cope.
      No lawyers this time around. Itā€™s going to be settled by an independent panel. Thereā€™s no appeals process either. Iā€™m still not confident that what should happen will but at least this time there a chance.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1534: Feb 06, 2023 02:00:23 pm

Did I say FSG brought in the wrong players?
      Summer gone Mane, Origi and Taki left - so we needed a forward obviously, as well as midfielders. We bought Nunez. The net spend in summer was paltry.

Gapko this Jan window - no doubt that's an odd one.

This is the FSG sale thread, but you seem to want to make it about Klopp for some reason.

So you reckon the FSG model is working then?  And would prefer they didn't put us up for sale?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #1535: Feb 06, 2023 02:04:13 pm
      Why canā€™t one of the biggest clubs in the world have those forwards, and in fact needed but also have funds for midfielders 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

The f**k is the matter wrong with you?

At least pretend you are not on their payroll 😩

Because itā€™s a self sustaining club you idiot so it runs to a budget which isnā€™t unlimited so they buy the players within a budget- are you that stupid you canā€™t understand that

On the day that City are done for financially cheating people like you are still crying about the club not spending beyond its means

Do you expect the manager to be able to buy every single player he wants
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #1536: Feb 06, 2023 02:06:02 pm
      Did I say FSG brought in the wrong players?
      Summer gone Mane, Origi and Taki left - so we needed a forward obviously, as well as midfielders. We bought Nunez. The net spend in summer was paltry.

Gapko this Jan window - no doubt that's an odd one.

This is the FSG sale thread, but you seem to want to make it about Klopp for some reason.

So you reckon the FSG model is working then?  And would prefer they didn't put us up for sale?

Yes the model of spending what you earn works

Spending what the club earns works

The only club to have won more than us over the last 6 years are a club that financially cheats
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1537: Feb 06, 2023 02:10:33 pm

Because itā€™s a self sustaining club you idiot so it runs to a budget which isnā€™t unlimited so they buy the players within a budget- are you that stupid you canā€™t understand that

On the day that City are done for financially cheating people like you are still crying about the club not spending beyond its means

Do you expect the manager to be able to buy every single player he wants

Do you believe that JĆ¼rgen has never had to pass on a player or missed out on a player he genuinely wanted because he didnā€™t have the money? Just curious.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #1538: Feb 06, 2023 02:13:02 pm
      Do you believe that JĆ¼rgen has never had to pass on a player or missed out on a player he genuinely wanted because he didnā€™t have the money? Just curious.

No idea 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø - I know he has made a conscious not to pursue a player because of their demands - ala Werner

But I suspect that the club havenā€™t been able to afford every single player out there

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1539: Feb 06, 2023 02:20:17 pm
      No lawyers this time around. Itā€™s going to be settled by an independent panel. Thereā€™s no appeals process either. Iā€™m still not confident that what should happen will but at least this time there a chance.

even an ex finance bod from City has said if true it has to mean relegation. Pep will be hacked off as every press conference will involve the problem they face.  Then look at Chelsea pretty soon as they too are taking the piss big time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1540: Feb 06, 2023 02:22:48 pm

So brown envelopes stuffed full of cash that will somehow make it's way into the independent panel's briefcases!!

Quick Reply