Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 102002 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #1541: Feb 06, 2023 02:28:08 pm
      The statement only works if you say directly before FSG. Believe or not we've been quite successful under previous owners as well.

Which ones? AS in specific owners we've really only had G & H.

Before that there was no specific one owner, just a lot of shareholders. For instance David Moores being the majority shareholder for much of the 90s
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,525 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1542: Feb 06, 2023 02:37:23 pm
      Yes the model of spending what you earn works

Spending what the club earns works

The only club to have won more than us over the last 6 years are a club that financially cheats

It worked for a while, not going to argue the whys and wherefores.

You think we are in a good place now? That we don't need to invest heavily?  And it would be best if they stayed, and we continued to work under the same model?

Plus now they have us in an ownership limbo, and that is not a good thing either.

FSG are not our only problem right now - but we're up for sale - and just think the sooner they go, the better.   All this arguing about them isn't good for anyone.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1543: Feb 06, 2023 02:42:26 pm
      So let me get this straight, City are being investigated for financial irregularities going back 10 years. And they beat us to the title twice, by a single point? I can't help thinking that is what made the difference.

1 point. Twice.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,818 posts | 3382 
      Reply #1544: Feb 06, 2023 02:46:01 pm
      It worked for a while, not going to argue the whys and wherefores.

You think we are in a good place now? That we don't need to invest heavily?  And it would be best if they stayed, and we continued to work under the same model?

Plus now they have us in an ownership limbo, and that is not a good thing either.

FSG are not our only problem right now - but we're up for sale - and just think the sooner they go, the better.   All this arguing about them isn't good for anyone.

Take away City who we all know cheated- who else has been better than us ?

Are you judging purely on this season

Can we not recruit again in the summer and go again

No I don’t think we need to invest “heavily” - I think we need to invest right , get the right players in for the manager and go again

It’s clear most just thinking throwing hundreds of millions at the team will solve it all

Nah - we recruit properly
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #1545: Feb 06, 2023 02:48:50 pm

No I don’t think we need to invest “heavily” - I think we need to invest right , get the right players in for the manager and go again

It’s clear most just thinking throwing hundreds of millions at the team will solve it all

Our recruiting hasn't appeared to be proper for awhile. Otherwise we wouldn't be in this mess.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #1546: Feb 06, 2023 02:50:50 pm
      So let me get this straight, City are being investigated for financial irregularities going back 10 years. And they beat us to the title twice, by a single point? I can't help thinking that is what made the difference.

1 point. Twice.

Shows the amazing job Klopp has done keeping up with those cheating manc tw*ts.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,818 posts | 3382 
      Reply #1547: Feb 06, 2023 02:54:29 pm
      Our recruiting hasn't appeared to be proper for awhile. Otherwise we wouldn't be in this mess.

But that’s not down to the owners or the model

That’s someone deciding that Nunez and Gakpo were a higher priority than a midfielder
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,818 posts | 3382 
      Reply #1548: Feb 06, 2023 02:55:22 pm

Hence why when cu*ts try and downplay the achievements of the last 5 years to make it look like the way the club runs doesn’t work or we can’t “dominate”
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,525 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1549: Feb 06, 2023 03:26:30 pm

Who said we haven't been good in the past?  Am talking about the present, and the lead up to it.

I've yet to see you say yes, or no, to should FSG stay, and whether we could continue working under their 'model'.

I'm 'judging' / looking at the squad as it is now.

Hopefully we don't have to spend 100s of millions, but when over time you don't strengthen in areas of the team, you leave a bigger job to do.

We have been excellent at recruitment, though the Gapko signing is odd.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,525 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1550: Feb 06, 2023 03:27:07 pm

Performed miracles really.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,818 posts | 3382 
      Reply #1551: Feb 06, 2023 03:37:22 pm
      Who said we haven't been good in the past?  Am talking about the present, and the lead up to it.

I've yet to see you say yes, or no, to should FSG stay, and whether we could continue working under their 'model'.

I'm 'judging' / looking at the squad as it is now.

Hopefully we don't have to spend 100s of millions, but when over time you don't strengthen in areas of the team, you leave a bigger job to do.

We have been excellent at recruitment, though the Gapko signing is odd.

Yes I have no issues with FSG staying and continuing with the way they run the club

I want to see the club work and continue to be successful spending within its means , not relying on huge debt or some billionaire personal fortune - it’s not sustainable and certainly too risky

If FSG did sell then I would hope the new owners would follow the same model of how the club works
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,525 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1552: Feb 06, 2023 03:41:16 pm
      Yes I have no issues with FSG staying and continuing with the way they run the club

I want to see the club work and continue to be successful

Fair enough.
      Unfortunately I couldn't see us continuing to be successful under FSGs model.
      Maybe they won't leave though, and we'll get to see how that pans out.
      One way or the other though, think it would be best for the club for them to stick or twist as soon as possible.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,818 posts | 3382 
      Reply #1553: Feb 06, 2023 03:51:21 pm
      Fair enough.
      Unfortunately I couldn't see us continuing to be successful under FSGs model.
      Maybe they won't leave though, and we'll get to see how that pans out.
      One way or the other though, think it would be best for the club for them to stick or twist as soon as possible.

With the income we will gain there is prob a chance we will be able to spend £150mil on players before anyone is sold etc

When loans are paid off that’s the potentially the year transfer budget

Is that enough to bring players in on a yearly basis

But I do agree it would be best if they cleared up their intentions exactly
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1554: Feb 06, 2023 05:43:59 pm
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,105 posts | 83 
      Reply #1555: Feb 06, 2023 06:27:12 pm

I doubt it. If you start a company you wanna make money thru your company‘s service because your main goal is to maintain your personal life and that needs money.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      Reply #1556: Feb 06, 2023 07:21:33 pm
      Exactly. It beggars belief there are some fans out there calling for him to be sacked. You could not make it up.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,818 posts | 3382 
      Reply #1557: Feb 06, 2023 07:24:05 pm
      Exactly. It beggars belief there are some fans out there calling for him to be sacked. You could not make it up.

Because that’s the standard call of the twitters

They see the likes of Chelse do it and think it’s the norm

Klopp will only leave when he decides it’s time
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,223 posts | 1387 
      Reply #1558: Feb 07, 2023 12:09:04 pm
      https://www.premierleague.com/news/3045970

The City charge sheet. Need to be a philadelphia laywer to understand the charge sheet.

Think the Premier League will fudge it and slap a fine on them. £5m or thereabouts. Draw a line under it. Obviously their achievements are now tarnished for good. But I doubt if the punishment will fit the crime.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #1559: Feb 07, 2023 12:16:40 pm

They're the people that aren't real fans, been supporting the club through twitter cos it seems cool but don't get what supporting the club actually means. Giving Klopp that leeway to change things because of what he has already done in the job.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      Reply #1560: Feb 07, 2023 03:06:02 pm
      Klopp has earned the time to put things right. I don't blame him for where we are. Some substitutions have been a bit ropey and the new signings are struggling a bit because they have joined a dysfunctional Liverpool team, but ultimately, the players are just not performing like they can

Wasn't so long ago (2019-2020 season) we chalked up 26 wins and a draw from our first 27 games – taking 79 points out of a possible 81. Best out of the top five European leagues. That's just insane! Best football I've seen us play and I've supported LFC for a long time.

Sack him? Give him a contract extension more like.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1561: Feb 07, 2023 04:03:01 pm

1 point. Twice.

2 points in 2014 so three times the filthy cheats stole the title from us and I think it may be 3 times for UTD too sadly.
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #1562: Feb 07, 2023 04:39:39 pm
      2 points in 2014 so three times the filthy cheats stole the title from us and I think it may be 3 times for UTD too sadly.
      I think it's only once for United the Aguero goal. The other 2 times United finished 2nd but were never in the title race.

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,633 posts | 141 
      Reply #1563: Feb 07, 2023 11:16:15 pm
      Qatar officially submitted a bid to buy United. Its becoming impossible to compete in this league. Super league is not a bad idea after all.

Quick Reply