Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 98509 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #2093: Feb 24, 2023 10:54:12 am
      Am praying for a buyer. Nobody is going to come in and invest hundreds of millions plus just to fund an FSG transfer kitty whilst also not having substantial leverage at the Club.

I just can't fathom how all these other Clubs get taken over yet we are the most famous in Britain yet nobody seems to want it?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4878 
      Reply #2094: Feb 24, 2023 11:05:21 am
      I just can't fathom how all these other Clubs get taken over yet we are the most famous in Britain yet nobody seems to want it?

Because we're not actually for sale perhaps?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,981 posts | 666 
      Reply #2095: Feb 24, 2023 11:11:55 am
      .......nor are we objectively the most famous
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2096: Feb 24, 2023 11:15:11 am
      Am praying for a buyer. Nobody is going to come in and invest hundreds of millions plus just to fund an FSG transfer kitty whilst also not having substantial leverage at the Club.

That’s exactly how I see it and said the same thing. Apparently there’s a possibility if you listen to FSG though. I wouldn’t be surprised ( if true ) they pull out.
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #2097: Feb 24, 2023 11:17:44 am
      I think Klopp wanted either Tchouameni or Bellingham and after Tchouameni decided to join Madrid Klopp probably assumed we had enough quality in the team to challange and then wait for Bellingham to be available the season after.

Unfortunately Klopp didn't see what the fans saw and that our midfield was well and truly run into the ground. I mean we have Hendo at 32, Thiago who's nearly 32, Fabinho at 29, Milner at 37.. Then we have 2 injury prone players who's out of contact in the summer in Ox and Naby, and then the 2 young lads Bajcetic and Elliott who are teenagers who started the season with very little PL experience. That does not look like a title challenging Midfield, and it's proved it.

Since 2019 there is 8 teams that have spent more than us in the transfer market, so we are in the table exactly where we are based on investment.

Klopp really needs around £300m to invest in this team. If it's just Bellingham as a marque signing and a couple of Cheap risk signings then I'm afraid it'll be another season like what we've had.

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #2098: Feb 24, 2023 11:30:04 am

I think FSG would sell us if the price is right. They dont need the money atm, so they won't be saying it out loud but i would be surprised if someone came with a legit offer and they refused to sell.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,981 posts | 666 
      Reply #2099: Feb 24, 2023 12:11:29 pm
      I think FSG would sell us if the price is right. They dont need the money atm, so they won't be saying it out loud but i would be surprised if someone came with a legit offer and they refused to sell.
      Anything (...and everything ) that can be purchased with money is for sale. A Saudi prince bought Leonardo's Salvatore Mundi for $450M...I'm sure he'd let you have it for $20B
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #2100: Feb 24, 2023 01:02:14 pm

Profits are going to be lower this year, no long cup runs likely, fewer match days so less income,  reduced tv fees, reduced league position fees etc. Next season is likely to be a struggle so I can see the value of the club starting to decline without investment. So I guess now is the time to sell as we're likely at the top of the market.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2101: Feb 24, 2023 01:42:19 pm
      Profits are going to be lower this year, no long cup runs likely, fewer match days so less income,  reduced tv fees, reduced league position fees etc. Next season is likely to be a struggle so I can see the value of the club starting to decline without investment. So I guess now is the time to sell as we're likely at the top of the market.

Since people think this season somehow impacts value, then now it's not the best time to sell. The best time was after we won the league, which was just after the CL win. That was the peak.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2102: Feb 24, 2023 02:01:26 pm
      Interesting article from awhile back when it was announced FSG were open to selling the club. Seems Red Sox fans are having the same concerns as a lot of Liverpool fans. They were glad to hear FSG might be selling Liverpool because they assumed it would mean FSG would actually spend on the Red Sox (who are also flagging right now).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11399221/Red-Sox-fans-call-improved-investment-team-Fenway-Sports-Group-Liverpool-sale.html
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #2103: Feb 24, 2023 02:35:20 pm
      I think Klopp wanted either Tchouameni or Bellingham and after Tchouameni decided to join Madrid Klopp probably assumed we had enough quality in the team to challange and then wait for Bellingham to be available the season after.

Unfortunately Klopp didn't see what the fans saw and that our midfield was well and truly run into the ground. I mean we have Hendo at 32, Thiago who's nearly 32, Fabinho at 29, Milner at 37.. Then we have 2 injury prone players who's out of contact in the summer in Ox and Naby, and then the 2 young lads Bajcetic and Elliott who are teenagers who started the season with very little PL experience. That does not look like a title challenging Midfield, and it's proved it.

Since 2019 there is 8 teams that have spent more than us in the transfer market, so we are in the table exactly where we are based on investment.

Klopp really needs around £300m to invest in this team. If it's just Bellingham as a marque signing and a couple of Cheap risk signings then I'm afraid it'll be another season like what we've had.

Klopp didn’t see what the fans did 😂😂😂 what a statement
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2104: Feb 24, 2023 09:37:44 pm

That won’t be happening under FSG
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #2105: Feb 24, 2023 09:39:27 pm
      Klopp didn’t see what the fans did 😂😂😂 what a statement
      Would you have predicted the season the way its gone?  Be honest?

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2106: Feb 24, 2023 09:52:15 pm
      .......nor are we objectively the most famous

Wash your fkn mouth out!  :D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2107: Feb 25, 2023 09:25:13 am

He covers for trent already, when trent is on one of his wandering attacks.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #2108: Feb 25, 2023 11:52:46 am
      https://twitter.com/dansheldonsport/status/1629391203115364353?t=IXmLMd1OS3cxj21ksW-TuQ&s=19

Seems the Glazers are likely to stay then sell. If this is true it seems that neither the FSG or Glazers got the offers they wanted.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,955 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2109: Feb 25, 2023 12:17:00 pm
      https://twitter.com/dansheldonsport/status/1629391203115364353?t=IXmLMd1OS3cxj21ksW-TuQ&s=19

Seems the Glazers are likely to stay then sell. If this is true it seems that neither the FSG or Glazers got the offers they wanted.

More Green and Gold until they're sold!!

Oh dear that would be a shame.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #2110: Feb 25, 2023 04:54:51 pm

If the right offer comes in they will sell. If we fail to qualify for Champions League then i think they will want to let go before the value declines. The squad needs significant investment and i doubt very much FSG are going to fund it.

You don't honestly believe that FSG won't sell do you?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4878 
      Reply #2111: Feb 25, 2023 04:58:26 pm
      If the right offer comes in they will sell. If we fail to qualify for Champions League then i think they will want to let go before the value declines. The squad needs significant investment and i doubt very much FSG are going to fund it.

I mean maybe we're not actively for sale.

I think any business is saleable if the right offer comes in but maybe we weren't as open to a sale as the social media reports made believe.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2112: Feb 25, 2023 05:04:51 pm
      Ted DiBiase says we're for sale.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #2113: Feb 25, 2023 05:15:36 pm

Missing out on the CL won’t change the value and it won’t decline
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #2114: Feb 25, 2023 05:16:03 pm

If the price isn't right no . My feeling all along has been testing water and to look like they are trying to get investment. Use the word trying loosely all PR
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #2115: Feb 25, 2023 11:14:57 pm
      So all of this posturing and rumour making spin by the owners only led to unsettle the actual staff, manager and team oh announcement before a Champion league game too just to add more we are in charge onus on the whole thing, ahh wow what inconsiderate owners we have, such a clumsy bunch of fake tw*ts. I detest them.

Quick Reply