Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 98341 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #46: Nov 07, 2022 03:13:36 pm
      so what leaves the club in a better financial condition FSG walking off with ÂŁ3billion profit all taken from the club or a source of investment that is oil based finance and pocket money. Anyone having to borrow to finance a purchase will place a lot of debt on the club.  Maybe they will leave JĂźrgen with a ÂŁ300mil transfer fund...fat chance. In truth its a bit of a non starter as a story.

What owner selling a club ever leaves money behind when they sell the club 🤷‍♂️

And if they sell for £3bn they are not taking money “from the club”
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #47: Nov 07, 2022 03:20:13 pm
      That would do my head in. Everything we may win in the future would be tarnished with those kind of owners…

It's what many here are pining for, though. From one side of their mouth, these people love to take the high moral ground when talking about the owners of City, Chelsea, PSG, etc and from the other they want big-name, expensive players. When talking about Bellingham and how he wasn't for sale this past summer, someone even said  "everyone has a price" alluding to just throwing enough money at Dortmund til they said yes. These hypocrites would not care of Kim Jong Un owned the club as long as the net spend was satisfactory to them.

I'm in favor of FSG selling the team.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #48: Nov 07, 2022 03:22:41 pm
      Wow, way to completely misunderstand what could be about to happen here.

does us a favour put me on ignore your one of the muppets who really dont understand the club or the city or what is going on in the EPL.
      Get an adult to read my last sentence to you and explain it
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #49: Nov 07, 2022 03:25:34 pm
      Sale or not it’s clear FSG are not funding the rebuild of the squad that is required hence their states today.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #50: Nov 07, 2022 03:28:03 pm
      Sale or not it’s clear FSG are not funding the rebuild of the squad that is required hence their states today.

They never had any intention to. They're cashing their chips in whilst the going is still somewhat good.

I doubt we will invest in January.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #51: Nov 07, 2022 03:32:12 pm

Well yes, we are looking to the January window thinking might we go for Bellingham and they're putting the 'for sale' boards up...
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #52: Nov 07, 2022 03:32:21 pm
      I think we can take Klopp at that word. He is very vocal when it comes to that level of funding

And if we want to spend more then it needs to be an owner or consortium etc that will be willing to take the losses ?

It’s hard to see who is the “perfect” owner as such

I think there's a space somewhere between Fenway and Saudi that would be interested.

Not so that we sign Mbappe, Vinicious and Bellingham next window but that we don't sign fat players with STIs on the last day of a window on loan.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #53: Nov 07, 2022 03:32:47 pm

How is it clear when their last statement clearly states they are still committed to the success of the club on and off the pitch ?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #54: Nov 07, 2022 03:33:15 pm
      I think there's a space somewhere between Fenway and Saudi that would be interested.

Not so that we sign Mbappe, Vinicious and Bellingham next window but that we don't sign fat players with STIs on the last day of a window on loan.

It would be interesting to see who the people are that can fill that space
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #55: Nov 07, 2022 03:37:48 pm
      How is it clear when their last statement clearly states they are still committed to the success of the club on and off the pitch ?

They know with FFP dead they can’t compete long term and have never really invested in the squad.
      So rather than see the value of their asset decline when we are over taken by the big spenders they want out.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #56: Nov 07, 2022 03:40:02 pm
      They know with FFP dead they can’t compete long term and have never really invested in the squad.
      So rather than see the value of their asset decline when we are over taken by the big spenders they want out.

Wow - all that from the statement about always looking for potential investment?

Do you think you are reading too much into it ?

__Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #57: Nov 07, 2022 03:40:06 pm
      If we are up for sale. We would be sold within months, look at Chelsea for example, they went very quick

A premium football club that has a big stadium and a stable revenue stream who has had a lot of success recently, I think they would sell if the offer was right

Just give us a an owner really willing to invest from their own pocket as we have found out sustainable source of funding within won’t work to compete against countries bank rolling clubs

To be fair that was a fire sale. It had to go quick. This could take years, let's just hope Fenway are good to their word and enable us to compete while they decide what it is they want.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #58: Nov 07, 2022 03:41:19 pm
      It would be interesting to see who the people are that can fill that space

When Chelsea went up about 5 or 6 came out the woodwork. I doubt it was because they love the CFC.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #59: Nov 07, 2022 03:43:06 pm
      They never had any intention to. They're cashing their chips in whilst the going is still somewhat good.

I doubt we will invest in January.

Think of the upside of new ownership: we could have shiny new managers every 1-2 years, owners buying the players THEY want even if the manager doesn't, work alongside Chelsea's new owner to get an All-Star game and, best of all, the net spend would be AWESOME. 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #60: Nov 07, 2022 03:44:33 pm
      When Chelsea went up about 5 or 6 came out the woodwork. I doubt it was because they love the CFC.

Looking at the list most seemed to be the same as FSG

US sports owners in some level of consortium

Middle East Consortium

Korean Consortium

Broughton and loads of Investors

Looks like Boehly was the less messy of them all
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #61: Nov 07, 2022 03:45:42 pm
      Think of the upside of new ownership: we could have shiny new managers every 1-2 years, owners buying the players THEY want even if the manager doesn't, work alongside Chelsea's new owner to get an All-Star game and, best of all, the net spend would be AWESOME. 

Don't worry we'll keep them in check.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #62: Nov 07, 2022 03:47:46 pm

And football is not exempt from recessions and nobody knows how bad it's going to get. The nutter in Moscow hasn't been reigned in and inflation hits everybody.

That might not be an issue but I can't see the value of this club getting any higher than it is now and all money men have an exit strategy. They're testing the waters to gauge the interest. What all this means re our transfer funds is uncertain.

Fans are in the dark and have virtually no say, ditto Klopp and the players.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #63: Nov 07, 2022 03:48:53 pm

Wow - all that from the statement about always looking for potential investment?

Do you think you are reading too much into it ?

Maybe but just as likely as what I said.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #64: Nov 07, 2022 03:50:03 pm
      does us a favour put me on ignore your one of the muppets who really dont understand the club or the city or what is going on in the EPL.
      Get an adult to read my last sentence to you and explain it

What part of all of this don't you understand? You like to blather on and on about the soul of the club and yet here you are not understanding that the soul of the club could very well be ripped right out of it depending on who comes along with the highest bid. FFS you xenophobic dinosaur.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #65: Nov 07, 2022 03:50:25 pm

did you see Chelsea supporters complaining about Abramovich changing managers every couple of seasons whilst winning everything they loved him still do. Football fans want nice bright shiny trophies and finals in far away places and parades around the City this higher morale value that some try to cling to is bollox. But hold your horses FSG havent maxed out the value of the club yet so they won't sell just yet they may use other peoples money to rebuild the squad though.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #66: Nov 07, 2022 03:50:44 pm
      Maybe but just as likely as what I said.

Really ?

They have always been out looking for investment , think they have mentioned it a number of times

But I have no doubt that the money will still be spent that the club is making
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #67: Nov 07, 2022 03:52:47 pm
      And football is not exempt from recessions and nobody knows how bad it's going to get. The nutter in Moscow hasn't been reigned in and inflation hits everybody.

That might not be an issue but I can't see the value of this club getting any higher than it is now and all money men have an exit strategy. They're testing the waters to gauge the interest. What all this means re our transfer funds is uncertain.

Fans are in the dark and have virtually no say, ditto Klopp and the players.

Even during Covid clubs will still getting money

During the last recession football still moved on because of media deals etc and they is always billions who want to watch football - money will still keep flooding in
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #68: Nov 07, 2022 03:55:36 pm
      did you see Chelsea supporters complaining about Abramovich changing managers every couple of seasons whilst winning everything they loved him still do. Football fans want nice bright shiny trophies and finals in far away places and parades around the City this higher morale value that some try to cling to is bollox. But hold your horses FSG havent maxed out the value of the club yet so they won't sell just yet they may use other peoples money to rebuild the squad though.

No, but you did. But if another Abramovich-type buys us, you will be cheering him as long as you get the shiny toys you want. Like a hypocrite.

Quick Reply