Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 102544 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #69: Nov 07, 2022 03:58:09 pm
      Really ?

They have always been out looking for investment , think they have mentioned it a number of times

But I have no doubt that the money will still be spent that the club is making

That’s just it though £30-40M a season is not enough we need a major overhaul in midfield and then in another couple of seasons the likes of Salah and VVD will need replacing.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #70: Nov 07, 2022 03:58:11 pm
      FSG being open to investment and/or sale if the right offer comes along has pretty much always been the case. Slow news day
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #71: Nov 07, 2022 04:00:07 pm
      FSG being open to investment and/or sale if the right offer comes along has pretty much always been the case. Slow news day

The statement said they have recruited Goldman Sachs to help with valuation/sale etc so hardly the same position as before.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #72: Nov 07, 2022 04:01:48 pm
      That’s just it though £30-40M a season is not enough we need a major overhaul in midfield and then in another couple of seasons the likes of Salah and VVD will need replacing.

They have spent around ÂŁ110mil net in the last two seasons and will prob spend again in Jan

With the right recruitment as we always do then we can replace players just as we have done with the likes of Konate , Diaz , Nunez who have been bought recently

It’s a shame some just look at the levels of money
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,215 posts | 1221 
      Reply #73: Nov 07, 2022 04:02:17 pm
      I can't help but link the timing of this with the need for investment in the squad and the general economic climate. If the sale of shares would mean more investment in the club I'm all for it. If it means a sale outright I would be worried about the disruption that might cause, particularly as regards our manager. No doubt in my mind I would prefer the club being run sustainably by a professional outfit, albeit with a bit more investment at the right times, instead of oligarchs and sheikhs.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #74: Nov 07, 2022 04:02:47 pm
      The statement said they have recruited Goldman Sachs to help with valuation/sale etc so hardly the same position as before.

That’s a statement from a journalist at the moment

The statement from the owners didn’t mention selling
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,551 posts | 726 
      Reply #75: Nov 07, 2022 04:31:30 pm
      this is just them saying they're 'open to offers' and they're also looking for investment.

it's a bit alarmist.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,551 posts | 726 
      Reply #76: Nov 07, 2022 04:32:00 pm

That’s a statement from a journalist at the moment

The statement from the owners didn’t mention selling

i agree, its very much clickbait
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #77: Nov 07, 2022 04:35:36 pm

Show me where in their statement out says anything about recruiting anyone
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #78: Nov 07, 2022 04:35:52 pm
      Be nice if their leaving present from the massive profit would be Jude
      NitoLF
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #79: Nov 07, 2022 04:36:08 pm
      I doubt the owners would let so many "Liverpool for sale" articles run without saying hey hold on a minute no one said sale
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #80: Nov 07, 2022 04:50:34 pm
      No, but you did. But if another Abramovich-type buys us, you will be cheering him as long as you get the shiny toys you want. Like a hypocrite.

grow up idiot. its a big boys game now the rules have changed just like when David Moores could no longer compete with the new money coming in he sold out. You really havent a clue spend some time thinking before posting then you wont look stupid. FFP has failed general morality has gone missing so if you cant beat them join them as the saying goes., dont bother thinking about the billions of Dollars FSG will walk away with in profit as they are the good guys who came he to do exactly this make a sh*t load of money for themselves. So you can stick your higher moral values where the sun dont shine.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 558 posts | 109 
      Reply #81: Nov 07, 2022 04:57:49 pm
      Well I have no way of impacting the sale or otherwise but for anyone who has been keen to get rid of the current owners I'd be careful what you wish for.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #82: Nov 07, 2022 05:07:48 pm
      It's what many here are pining for, though. From one side of their mouth, these people love to take the high moral ground when talking about the owners of City, Chelsea, PSG, etc and from the other they want big-name, expensive players. When talking about Bellingham and how he wasn't for sale this past summer, someone even said  "everyone has a price" alluding to just throwing enough money at Dortmund til they said yes. These hypocrites would not care of Kim Jong Un owned the club as long as the net spend was satisfactory to them.

I'm in favor of FSG selling the team.

Your obsession with me is bizarre. All because I said kabak was crap too and you had a little bi*ch fit over it.

Every player does have a price. I don’t expect you to understand because you only started following football a few years ago, then Liverpool later.

But to elaborate on that, it doesn’t mean I want to be the next Real Madrid and sign a load of galaticos. It means that I expect our owners to back our manager if he wants a certain player. Our manager has proven he can be trusted with money and that his players are generally a success. Our manager deserves that backing after all the success he has brought us.

But FSG never did and now they’re selling up, conveniently at a time where Jürgen desperately needs backing.

Shithouses.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #83: Nov 07, 2022 05:12:23 pm
      https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/11/07/sports/fenway-sports-group-liverpool/

While I found the original article a bit clickbaity and I can't stand Ornstein, there's definitely something in this news.

For context I believe JWH owns the Boston Globe so I doubt they'd print something like this if it wasn't factual.

We are getting sold, it's just a matter of when and to whom.

And if you aren't at least a little bit concerned who that "whom" is....then I don't know that you are supporting the right club to begin with.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #84: Nov 07, 2022 05:18:28 pm
      So it looks like the squad needs investment and the good old US of A investors are off as fasts sh*t of a shovel with there billons between there legs
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #85: Nov 07, 2022 05:26:00 pm
      What part of all of this don't you understand? You like to blather on and on about the soul of the club and yet here you are not understanding that the soul of the club could very well be ripped right out of it depending on who comes along with the highest bid. FFS you xenophobic dinosaur.

bla bla bla money money money that should be your national anthem because thats all that matters they came here to make money nothing more when and if they go they wont look back for one minute. you keep on telling us here how our game and club should be run.
      How the f**k would you know anything about the soul of the club that is f**king hilarious .
      Wonder how the soul of the club looke dlike when they tried to bring on the super league or trademark the Liver birds or Furlough staff FSG are SOULESS money is their only God. the question I asked from day one is what are they doing here they dont like football and dont like the City of Liverpool but they do love money and they are about to make a killing ath the clubs expense
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2022 05:33:32 pm by waltonl4 »
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #86: Nov 07, 2022 05:29:43 pm
      So it looks like the squad needs investment and the good old US of A investors are off as fasts sh*t of a shovel with there billons between there legs

Basically .... yes. Cashing their chips and legging it. As I've said all along ... cowboys propped up by JĂźrgen Klopp.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #87: Nov 07, 2022 05:43:55 pm
      Your obsession with me is bizarre. All because I said kabak was crap too and you had a little bi*ch fit over it.

Every player does have a price. I don’t expect you to understand because you only started following football a few years ago, then Liverpool later.

But to elaborate on that, it doesn’t mean I want to be the next Real Madrid and sign a load of galaticos. It means that I expect our owners to back our manager if he wants a certain player. Our manager has proven he can be trusted with money and that his players are generally a success. Our manager deserves that backing after all the success he has brought us.

But FSG never did and now they’re selling up, conveniently at a time where Jürgen desperately needs backing.

Shithouses.

I’m a bit confused - is this not what you want to see ?

Owners looking at ways to bring in more finance to the club to use or sell to others ?

What is it that they can do that mean they aren’t “shithouses” ?

The club have spent a lot of money under FSG even with Kenny and BR before that

The club are backing the manager - surely recent signings show that in Nunez , Diaz , Konate and a net spend of ÂŁ120mil so far over the past 2 and half seasons

Has Klopp ever stated out right that there was a player he wanted and the owners refused to buy him ?

So what is it some people want ? The owners to stay ? Or owners to sell up ?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #88: Nov 07, 2022 05:44:45 pm

So the owners maybe are doing what you want and you’re still crying like a child 🤷‍♂️
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #89: Nov 07, 2022 05:46:15 pm
      bla bla bla money money money that should be your national anthem because thats all that matters they came here to make money nothing more when and if they go they wont look back for one minute. you keep on telling us here how our game and club should be run.
      How the f**k would you know anything about the soul of the club that is f**king hilarious .
      Wonder how the soul of the club looke dlike when they tried to bring on the super league or trademark the Liver birds or Furlough staff FSG are SOULESS money is their only God. the question I asked from day one is what are they doing here they dont like football and dont like the City of Liverpool but they do love money and they are about to make a killing ath the clubs expense

“Make a killing at the clubs expense” 🤷‍♂️

I really can’t understand that ? What “expense” ?

Do you even know what you want
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #90: Nov 07, 2022 05:46:32 pm
      I’m a bit confused - is this not what you want to see ?

Owners looking at ways to bring in more finance to the club to use or sell to others ?

What is it that they can do that mean they aren’t “shithouses” ?

The club have spent a lot of money under FSG even with Kenny and BR before that

The club are backing the manager - surely recent signings show that in Nunez , Diaz , Konate and a net spend of ÂŁ120mil so far over the past 2 and half seasons

Has Klopp ever stated out right that there was a player he wanted and the owners refused to buy him ?

So what is it some people want ? The owners to stay ? Or owners to sell up ?

I want them to stay but would like them to invest a bit more money, not to match City or the Saudi’s just when there is a glaring need.
      Like at the moment.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #91: Nov 07, 2022 05:47:28 pm
      I want them to stay but would like them to invest a bit more money, not to match City or the Saudi’s just when there is a glaring need.
      Like at the moment.

Ok so if they are looking at bringing in outside investment is that not good ?

How else do they get the more money you want to see spent ?

Quick Reply