Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 102406 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #805: Nov 26, 2022 04:16:06 pm
      Scum saddled with debt and need a ton of investment, but possibly still more popular globally so the upside is still there. If the owners want to win now, I think we have to be the more attractive option.

Possibly? Take rose tints of and just tell the truth for once.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #806: Nov 26, 2022 07:27:41 pm

Over the last ten years of you lot winning F**k all and us with Klopp in charge we've eclipsed you and are now the biggest English club in the world.

Deal. With. It!!

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #807: Nov 26, 2022 08:01:30 pm
      Over the last ten years of you lot winning f**k all and us with Klopp in charge we've eclipsed you and are now the biggest English club in the world.

Deal. With. It!!

Erh  :roll: You better check that as you’ll find out we’ve won couple of trophies  :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #808: Nov 26, 2022 08:08:00 pm

Erh  :roll: You better check that as you’ll find out we’ve won couple of trophies  :f_whistle:

So have we  :f_whistle:

I think the FA and League Cup last season definitely has us ahead in the overall trophy count now  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #809: Nov 26, 2022 08:46:39 pm

So have we  :f_whistle:

I think the FA and League Cup last season definitely has us ahead in the overall trophy count now  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      I didn’t say you didn’t, you did.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,315 posts | 279 
      Reply #810: Nov 26, 2022 10:37:08 pm
      I'm expecting us to be bought by oil rich owners. Football was semi fu**ed when Abramovich bought Chelsea but City have ruined football in this country its not a level playing field. I don't like it but its all going that way I reckon.
      I've not heard it mentioned yet but the rise in interest rates could be responsible for both us and Utd being available? Any debt repayments will be significantly higher now.
      I don't think we'll have much choice as supporters but to carry on, it's either that or watch Prescot Cables or someone similar.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #811: Nov 27, 2022 07:26:59 am
      I'm expecting us to be bought by oil rich owners. Football was semi fu**ed when Abramovich bought Chelsea but City have ruined football in this country its not a level playing field. I don't like it but its all going that way I reckon.
      I've not heard it mentioned yet but the rise in interest rates could be responsible for both us and Utd being available? Any debt repayments will be significantly higher now.
      I don't think we'll have much choice as supporters but to carry on, it's either that or watch Prescot Cables or someone similar.

With higher interest rates any new owner would prefer to buy the club with full on equity instead of financing from banks. Hence a consortium of sort or a group of investors.

Not sure about debt repayments being significantly higher unless the owners didn't choose on getting a fixed rate on their debts.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #812: Nov 27, 2022 07:35:32 am

Thankfully when it comes to our loans they were taken out by the owners and they pay the interest
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #813: Nov 27, 2022 10:27:51 am
      With the current financial crisis, I’m not sure either clubs will be sold.
      The only chance of something happening will be if apple are seriously interested in either club, as for them money is clearly no object.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #814: Nov 27, 2022 10:36:36 am

We've crossed over into a grey are now.
      Liverpool have won everything over the last few years.
      United Commercial Machine has kept you guys signing big name but winning nothing.

Both teams on the precipice of being left behind by City, PSG (and now Newcastle).
      It's a strange time.

United plagued by unhappy sponsors wanting out of their deals recently.
      That two commercial behemoths are being left behind by shady commercial "deals" by the likes of City
      speaks volumes of the lack of regulation and abdication of duty by FIFA.

Football is fu**ed.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,315 posts | 279 
      Reply #815: Nov 27, 2022 01:25:29 pm
      With higher interest rates any new owner would prefer to buy the club with full on equity instead of financing from banks. Hence a consortium of sort or a group of investors.

Not sure about debt repayments being significantly higher unless the owners didn't choose on getting a fixed rate on their debts.

Maybe I'm wrong , I'm just guessing that could be a reason with the timing of Utd being available. I'm normally wrong anyway  8)
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,315 posts | 279 
      Reply #816: Nov 27, 2022 01:30:37 pm

Thankfully when it comes to our loans they were taken out by the owners and they pay the interest

Well that's a positive at least. I wonder whether the owners are thinking with the emergence of Newcastle who'll only become stronger CL qualification will become increasingly difficult if we can't match the investment.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #817: Nov 27, 2022 02:50:20 pm
      Well that's a positive at least. I wonder whether the owners are thinking with the emergence of Newcastle who'll only become stronger CL qualification will become increasingly difficult if we can't match the investment.

Could be

It’s also worth looking at how old they are and what the succession plan is at FSG and maybe it’s about reducing assets
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #818: Nov 27, 2022 03:08:41 pm
      Where is the money for the transfers, that is what we need to compete. Whoever they are?!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,261 posts | 757 
      Reply #819: Nov 27, 2022 04:06:35 pm
      We've crossed over into a grey are now.
      Liverpool have won everything over the last few years.
      United Commercial Machine has kept you guys signing big name but winning nothing.

Both teams on the precipice of being left behind by City, PSG (and now Newcastle).
      It's a strange time.

United plagued by unhappy sponsors wanting out of their deals recently.
      That two commercial behemoths are being left behind by shady commercial "deals" by the likes of City
      speaks volumes of the lack of regulation and abdication of duty by FIFA.

Football is fu**ed.
      The game was stolen from the supporters long ago when the television cartels bought it up and were then allowed to rent it back to us via extortionate subscriptions.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #820: Nov 27, 2022 04:24:22 pm
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #821: Nov 27, 2022 04:46:21 pm
      Maybe i am being naive but i find it hard to believe that there are billionaires out there that would buy Newcastle, City and Chelsea and wouldn't be interested in buying the biggest Club in the world?

It really is a quandary we find ourselves in as supporters. As much as i admire FSG for trying to do things the right way, with integrity and morality, it is no secret that to compete now we need to be able to match the recruitment power of City and the like.

I'm not saying we have to match them pound for pound, Klopp is the great leveller when it comes to improving players. We need £150-200 million to rejig the midfield and we clearly haven't got it.

I'm not one for delving into the financial aspects of the Club, we have several posters on here who could maybe help out. Does anyone know what the Club makes in a year, clear profit after all outgoings are paid and do we make enough profit to continually invest each Season at a reasonable level to provide Klopp with what he needs?

By that i mean are we in a position to spend £40-50 million on a player or 2 players every Season? When i say 2 players i mean at a combined total of £40-50 million not £100 million.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #822: Nov 27, 2022 05:41:44 pm
      Maybe i am being naive but i find it hard to believe that there are billionaires out there that would buy Newcastle, City and Chelsea and wouldn't be interested in buying the biggest Club in the world?

It really is a quandary we find ourselves in as supporters. As much as i admire FSG for trying to do things the right way, with integrity and morality, it is no secret that to compete now we need to be able to match the recruitment power of City and the like.

I'm not saying we have to match them pound for pound, Klopp is the great leveller when it comes to improving players. We need £150-200 million to rejig the midfield and we clearly haven't got it.

I'm not one for delving into the financial aspects of the Club, we have several posters on here who could maybe help out. Does anyone know what the Club makes in a year, clear profit after all outgoings are paid and do we make enough profit to continually invest each Season at a reasonable level to provide Klopp with what he needs?

By that i mean are we in a position to spend £40-50 million on a player or 2 players every Season? When i say 2 players i mean at a combined total of £40-50 million not £100 million.

I'm no expert mate but it seems we run at a loss.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1499640083670052866?t=4S2JF3hKKt1kWnEh_GgKBg&s=19
      LiverpoolReds90
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #823: Nov 27, 2022 10:17:47 pm
      really hope its not a saudi buisness  no saudi buisness or qatar gets super rich without close ties to the royal family lets be honest.. also could lead to potential max fixing if playing newcastle down the road dont like it.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,315 posts | 279 
      Reply #824: Nov 27, 2022 11:18:11 pm
      Gary Neville is going out of his way to tell anyone who'll listen how better a buy and how bigger Man Utd are than us. I think he's underestimating the support around the world, we've seen huge stadium friendlies filled in Asia,US, Australia, Ireland and Wembley...well a buyer will get a better price then won't they with us....
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,261 posts | 757 
      Reply #825: Nov 28, 2022 12:08:21 am
      Gary Neville is going out of his way to tell anyone who'll listen how better a buy and how bigger Man Utd are than us. I think he's underestimating the support around the world, we've seen huge stadium friendlies filled in Asia,US, Australia, Ireland and Wembley...well a buyer will get a better price then won't they with us....
      He's paid to gob off, pay no attention to him
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #826: Nov 28, 2022 08:53:34 am

Rat boy beliving his own propergander
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #827: Nov 28, 2022 10:01:23 am

To cut a long story short, Liverpool earn around £500M a year and pay out about £300M in wages and salaries.  Obviously there are other costs but those are the two key elements of it all. 

Quick Reply