Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 98332 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Nov 07, 2022 12:53:18 pm

Very interesting news!
      Not sure WTF is going to happen now.

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1589599834985537547?t=YT2H-25lA7ofYRgGjoFQQA&s=19

Second tweet, may shed some light? Are they after more external investments?

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1589600203308298241?t=T3Eb1fdYKI-kcRs1mnStDg&s=19
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #1: Nov 07, 2022 12:59:36 pm
      Second tweet looks like they are looking for other investors rather than an outright sale.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2: Nov 07, 2022 01:00:14 pm
      Shares always for sale eh.

But if a big enough offer comes in for all shares they may bite, according to Talkshite.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #3: Nov 07, 2022 01:00:36 pm

Just looks like they’re looking for investment to me? Doesn’t say anything about being up for sale
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Nov 07, 2022 01:01:59 pm
      Shares always for sale eh.

But if a big enough offer comes in for all shares they may bite, according to Talkshite.

Seems they've finally accepted that FFP is dead and external cash is going to be needed to move Liverpool forward.
      Either another investor or bought outright.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #5: Nov 07, 2022 01:05:31 pm
      Looks like it’s what they have done with FSG as a whole in regards Redbird and looking for investors into the club as opposed to selling up

The Redbird owner was apparently interested in FSG because of us - so hopefully they may look at it
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #6: Nov 07, 2022 01:05:40 pm
      There could be bigger external factors at play here with the current economic outlook but purely from an LFC point of view I'm not sure they had the inclination to spend what was needed to rebuild this squad and continue to challenge at the top of the table.

We have consistently stayed within our means but this squad only has Trent as a huge asset with our best players all hitting 30 together.

There's nobody really to sell to fund the next set of acquisitions the team now needs. As such it is probably the end of the road for them long term and time for them to cash in their prize.

I think whenever they walk away - if it's tomorrow or in 18 months they will do so with the good will of the fans and an eye watering return on their investment.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #7: Nov 07, 2022 01:09:51 pm
      They want a sale as that’s how they’ve briefed Ornstein to write that article. The statement is just written like that to cover all possibilities in case they can’t find someone to buy us outright at this stage.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #8: Nov 07, 2022 01:11:45 pm
      Seems they've finally accepted that FFP is dead and external cash is going to be needed to move Liverpool forward.
      Either another investor or bought outright.

It’s a sour taste when football is coming down to this

The governing bodies not having the backbone to get things in order so that clubs can just pay their way through from deep pockets

If clubs want to be able to spend more money than they make then someone needs to fund it and swallow up there debt each year

I just hope we don’t start to see clubs even in the Prem start to go the way of Rugby

If a Middle East Prince decides to use £4bn of his pocket money to buy the club then that’s what will happen and we will be tbe next Newcastle
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9: Nov 07, 2022 01:14:15 pm
      Shareholders coming in will want dividends..free entry into the Boys pen won't cut it so it will be money going out of the club. 10% would likely cost north of £250m. They would offer a percentage lower than the overall value.

Club probably worth £3.5B.....could be a profit taking exercise and part will go to stadium regen and some into squad development. Pure speculation at the minute but the squad needs serious investment.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #10: Nov 07, 2022 01:22:11 pm
      Not sure what to think, it doesn't look like they've "been put up for sale". It looks like FSG are looking for additional investment.

Also, my personal opinion of Ornestein is he's a sh*t stirrer and not a good media person. Your mileage may vary.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #11: Nov 07, 2022 01:34:07 pm
      If the club is sold to a Middle East state etc then I reckon that would be Klopp gone - he has been very vocal in regards his dislike of those clubs over the years
      NitoLF
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #12: Nov 07, 2022 01:38:13 pm
      One love to all my fellow reds ❤

I have had to join with such massive news everything is up in the air right now we dont know if the club is up for sale or just shares for investment. I think if the owners dont have the belly for it they should sell us to someone who does.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #13: Nov 07, 2022 01:43:35 pm
      If the club is sold to a Middle East state etc then I reckon that would be Klopp gone - he has been very vocal in regards his dislike of those clubs over the years

We will see, those clubs at the moment are our enemy. Seen many quotes from Klopp asking for politics to be kept out of the domain of footballers and managers.

I think Fenway will have contacts elsewhere though that would be interested from their own country.

It doesn't need to be an oil barren but an owner or consortium that will ne able to get the age of this team down without losing our position of being able to challenge richer clubs than ourselves.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #14: Nov 07, 2022 01:44:09 pm
      £130 million shares sold to fund Bellingham. l o l
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Nov 07, 2022 01:44:33 pm
      Could be a full sale on the cards. Global recession does effect football so from a financial POV now might be the best time to cash in.

Paid about £300m..now worth £3b +....what would you do?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #16: Nov 07, 2022 01:48:24 pm
      We will see, those clubs at the moment are our enemy. Seen many quotes from Klopp asking for politics to be kept out of the domain of footballers and managers.

I think Fenway will have contacts elsewhere though that would be interested from their own country.

It doesn't need to be an oil barren but an owner or consortium that will ne able to get the age of this team down without losing our position of being able to challenge richer clubs than ourselves.

I think we can take Klopp at that word. He is very vocal when it comes to that level of funding

And if we want to spend more then it needs to be an owner or consortium etc that will be willing to take the losses ?

It’s hard to see who is the “perfect” owner as such
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #17: Nov 07, 2022 01:48:38 pm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #18: Nov 07, 2022 01:48:58 pm
      It is not bad thing if they think they are not the right people for us to continue to develop our team.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #19: Nov 07, 2022 01:50:36 pm

That would do my head in. Everything we may win in the future would be tarnished with those kind of owners…
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #20: Nov 07, 2022 01:51:11 pm
      Wow. Big news.

There is no such thing as the perfect owner but Henry and co have done a very good job with us given what they were following after years of mismanagement.

A Todd Boehly would be bad, a blood soaked sportswashing regime would be even worse.

So, count me worried.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #21: Nov 07, 2022 01:55:07 pm
      They can see major actual investment is now needed and they are looking to bail before the value of their asset starts to fall due to results on the pitch from an ageing squad. Typical fsg. A CL asset worth more than a europa league asset eh.

Weve no assets left to sell ... the well has run dry. Jürgen ... even a coach as good as him, has run out of tricks to wheel n deal. As these cowboys arnt going to back him.

Take your eye watering profit, sell up and k'off.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #22: Nov 07, 2022 01:57:15 pm
      They can see major actual investment is now needed and they are looking to bail before the value of their asset starts to fall due to results on the pitch from an ageing squad. Typical fsg. A CL asset worth more than a europa league asset eh.

Weve no assets left to sell ... the well has run dry. Jürgen ... even a coach as good as him, has run out of tricks to wheel n deal. As these cowboys arnt going to back him.

Take your eye watering profit, sell up and k'off.

Bit hysterical that

Quick Reply