Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 98330 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #23: Nov 07, 2022 02:01:36 pm
      It’s a sour taste when football is coming down to this

The governing bodies not having the backbone to get things in order so that clubs can just pay their way through from deep pockets

If clubs want to be able to spend more money than they make then someone needs to fund it and swallow up there debt each year

I just hope we don’t start to see clubs even in the Prem start to go the way of Rugby

If a Middle East Prince decides to use £4bn of his pocket money to buy the club then that’s what will happen and we will be the next Newcastle

Feels like the writing is on the wall with absolute lack of regulation at top level.
      State owned clubs allowed in to nuke the transfer market to the point where
      a club either destroys itself trying to compete (Barcelona) or slowly starts to
      miss out on the targets it want because the market has become sickeningly expensive.

Newcastle being City Mk2, ultimately leaves Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs
      fighting over two spots in the long term. All on the whim of a State.

Meanwhile supposed governing bodies turn a blind eye to it because of the amount
      of money it is generating within football.

Sportwashing in full effect as the States in question become legitimised and
      slowly silence the voices of criticism with their vast wealth.

It's abhorrent.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: Nov 07, 2022 02:02:50 pm
      It is not bad thing if they think they are not the right people for us to continue to develop our team.

Yes but there's so much dirty money knocking around the planet and most of it in the hands of 5% or so. Elon is skint after twitter so  if they do sell it could be Middle East money.

'Sportwashing'...is what we don't want. But on t'other hand to compete with the likes of City and Newcastle even, can we afford to have a conscience.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #25: Nov 07, 2022 02:04:20 pm
      Interesting times there will be no shortage of potential buyers to get hold of one of the most prestigious brands in world sports.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #26: Nov 07, 2022 02:05:19 pm
      Yes but there's so much dirty money knocking around the planet and most of it in the hands of 5% or so. Elon is skint after twitter so  if they do sell it could be Middle East money.

'Sportwashing'...is what we don't want. But on t'other hand to compete with the likes of City and Newcastle even, can we afford to have a conscience.

Easy answer to that is yes - we can afford to have a conscience by not letting us be owned by those sorts
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #27: Nov 07, 2022 02:07:18 pm
      How many people are happy?
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #28: Nov 07, 2022 02:11:52 pm

Jürgen ... even a coach as good as him, has run out of tricks to wheel n deal.
      Honest people would look at the game day rosters of LFC vs. the bottom of the table clubs that have recently beat up on the Reds and declare: LFC had 8,9,10, even 11 better starters than say Nottingham Forest despite LFC's recent string of injuries

Yet apparently Klopp has his hands tied behind his back and FSG is forcing Jürgen to go with some of the most expensive and best players in the world on game day.
      Crikey!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29: Nov 07, 2022 02:12:54 pm
      Feels like the writing is on the wall with absolute lack of regulation at top level.
      State owned clubs allowed in to nuke the transfer market to the point where
      a club either destroys itself trying to compete (Barcelona) or slowly starts to
      miss out on the targets it want because the market has become sickeningly expensive.

Newcastle being City Mk2, ultimately leaves Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs
      fighting over two spots in the long term. All on the whim of a State.

Meanwhile supposed governing bodies turn a blind eye to it because of the amount
      of money it is generating within football.

Sportwashing in full effect as the States in question become legitimised and
      slowly silence the voices of criticism with their vast wealth.

It's abhorrent.

Yep - summed up well

And there are millions of fans who just don’t care.  They want to see clubs spending hundreds of millions on Mbappe etc

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #30: Nov 07, 2022 02:16:21 pm

Guess depends where you ask

Twitter, Facebook etc - millions are celebrating , expecting the oil state and Mbappe to arrive in Jan

Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #31: Nov 07, 2022 02:17:37 pm
      Easy answer to that is yes - we can afford to have a conscience by not letting us be owned by those sorts

Well it's obviously not in our hands. They've said it's 'investment' but that is a bit of a green light to oil rich countries looking to rinse money shall we say.

Been reported that Chelsea was sold for £4b +. FSG know that, they also know if that figure is genuine then we are worth in the region of £5b....that's a FOUR BILLION PROFIT  + profit........How much do they love this club...

Got to dress it up with saying 'looking for investment'. Take nothing for granted, trust nobody and never...ever..buy....pol o mints..there's a hole in every bleedin' one of them...what a con..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32: Nov 07, 2022 02:20:19 pm
      Looks like it’s what they have done with FSG as a whole in regards Redbird and looking for investors into the club as opposed to selling up

The Redbird owner was apparently interested in FSG because of us - so hopefully they may look at it

The sheiks are coming.  :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #33: Nov 07, 2022 02:20:36 pm
      Well it's obviously not in our hands. They've said it's 'investment' but that is a bit of a green light to oil rich countries looking to rinse money shall we say.

Been reported that Chelsea was sold for £4b +. FSG know that, they also know if that figure is genuine then we are worth in the region of £5b....that's a FOUR BILLION PROFIT  + profit........How much do they love this club...

Got to dress it up with saying 'looking for investment'. Take nothing for granted, trust nobody and never...ever..buy....pol o mints..there's a hole in every bleedin' one of them...what a con..

I think if they were looking for just pure profit they could have sold us a long time ago
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: Nov 07, 2022 02:23:22 pm
      Yep - summed up well

And there are millions of fans who just don’t care.  They want to see clubs spending hundreds of millions on Mbappe etc

All part of the plan really.
      Look at the amount of City and Newcastle fans that point score on Twitter.
      Mocking other fans and claiming that everyone else is just jealous.

The cognitive dissonance to choose to ignore everything else and adopt
      the "You're jealous because now we are winning" mentality.

Thousands of keyboard warriors ready to pounce on anyone pointing a
      spotlight on their teams, just like when Klopp called it out.

Look at all the Newcastle Blogs and articles about
      "How Klopp got it wrong".
      The "Xenophobia" claim

All because Klopp said Newcastle had no ceiling.
      He's right. State owned clubs have no ceiling.
      Haaland on 900k a week. Bellingham for 120 million.

There are more articles having a go at Klopp then there are
      on State owned clubs and Sportwashing.

That's before we even mention the WC.
      And good luck with that because I won't be watching it.
      So many "Ambassadors" already cashing in to spout positivity.

At some point we have to say "no" that's enough for me.
      Football without fans is nothing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #35: Nov 07, 2022 02:25:23 pm
      All part of the plan really.
      Look at the amount of City and Newcastle fans that point score on Twitter.
      Mocking other fans and claiming that everyone else is just jealous.

The cognitive dissonance to choose to ignore everything else and adopt
      the "You're jealous because now we are winning" mentality.

Thousands of keyboard warriors ready to pounce on anyone pointing a
      spotlight on their teams, just like when Klopp called it out.

Look at all the Newcastle Blogs and articles about
      "How Klopp got it wrong".
      The "Xenophobia" claim

All because Klopp said Newcastle had no ceiling.
      He's right. State owned clubs have no ceiling.
      Haaland on 900k a week. Bellingham for 120 million.

There are more articles having a go at Klopp then there are
      on State owned clubs and Sportwashing.

That's before we even mention the WC.
      And good luck with that because I won't be watching it.
      So many "Ambassadors" already cashing in to spout positivity.

At some point we have to say "no" that's enough for me.
      Football without fans is nothing.

👏👏👏

I’m going to put my neck on the line and say that we would say No and we would be down at the stadium making ourselves heard that we don’t want to be part of any sportswashing
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #36: Nov 07, 2022 02:28:31 pm
      Wow. Big news.

There is no such thing as the perfect owner but Henry and co have done a very good job with us given what they were following after years of mismanagement.

A Todd Boehly would be bad, a blood soaked sportswashing regime would be even worse.

So, count me worried.

Don’t forget the Sheik’s  :couch:
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #37: Nov 07, 2022 02:30:56 pm
      Anyone worried if we do get in a big money sheikh who can spend an unlimited amount that it could actually cause Klopp to want to leave?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38: Nov 07, 2022 02:35:26 pm
      Anyone worried if we do get in a big money sheikh who can spend an unlimited amount that it could actually cause Klopp to want to leave?

Yep very worried

He is more important than any owner
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #39: Nov 07, 2022 02:45:42 pm

Yes this does worry me. I want an owner who wants to compete. An owner who when required, from time to time, will back Jürgen klopp when the team needs rebuilding. I'm not interested in an owner who wants to spunk 200/300m every summer. Klopp doesn't need that to win.

The day Saudis come in and sportswash the club that shanks built will be the day I turn the light out on it. No thankyou.

But fsg even with a profit over 10 times the purchase price will take their money ... that's what worries me.

We a falling behind ... the best manager in the game needs to be backed and this lot won't back him so they're cashing their chips in whilst the going is still reasonable.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #40: Nov 07, 2022 02:57:39 pm
      I've never been more worried for our club than now.
      When we've been put up for sale previously (in my lifetime) we were usually under achieving.
      Now we're finally a destination club for players and not a stepping stone the sale of the club is rocky unknown ground.

We could end up with another Gillett and Hicks and be stuck in the mud again.

We could also get a zillionaire that wants to invest and we'll be able to compete with City and Newcastle financially but at what cost? Klopp gone as he's spoken out? losing our community feel as a club and be too touristy and commercial?
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #41: Nov 07, 2022 02:57:53 pm
      If we are up for sale. We would be sold within months, look at Chelsea for example, they went very quick

A premium football club that has a big stadium and a stable revenue stream who has had a lot of success recently, I think they would sell if the offer was right

Just give us a an owner really willing to invest from their own pocket as we have found out sustainable source of funding within won’t work to compete against countries bank rolling clubs
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #42: Nov 07, 2022 03:02:05 pm
      Be careful what you wish for seems to apply here........

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #43: Nov 07, 2022 03:09:23 pm
      so what leaves the club in a better financial condition FSG walking off with £3billion profit all taken from the club or a source of investment that is oil based finance and pocket money. Anyone having to borrow to finance a purchase will place a lot of debt on the club.  Maybe they will leave Jürgen with a £300mil transfer fund...fat chance. In truth its a bit of a non starter as a story.
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #44: Nov 07, 2022 03:12:44 pm
      Mate of mine said the same about City.."I'm out" he said after oil money took over City...3 weeks he lasted..You can't turn off your support because of the owners.

We support the club because it's in our blood..we're stuck with it. Money men know that, count on it. I think it's inevitable that the FSG will sell at some point. Will oil rich countries be happy with 10% or whatever. I doubt it. We're on offer, up for grabs.

Personally I don't really care. This is the world we live in. Oil money or capitalist investors, is there all that much difference ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #45: Nov 07, 2022 03:13:04 pm
      so what leaves the club in a better financial condition FSG walking off with £3billion profit all taken from the club or a source of investment that is oil based finance and pocket money. Anyone having to borrow to finance a purchase will place a lot of debt on the club.  Maybe they will leave Jürgen with a £300mil transfer fund...fat chance. In truth its a bit of a non starter as a story.

Wow, way to completely misunderstand what could be about to happen here.

Quick Reply