Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 102585 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #667: Nov 16, 2022 09:59:12 am
      Oh cool, we have one genuine buyer identified. It's the guy who can't afford us unless he gets others to chip in.

www.empireofthekop.com/2022/11/15/genuine-suitor-for-liverpool-takeover/

Happy days  >:(

these fellas dont declare an interest unless they can guarantee winning as they dont like getting beat. The Banks will be doing their bit privately if anyone has shown an  interest they will deal with it and we will probably  only know when its a done deal and Jude Bellingham is wearing a LFC shirt
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #668: Nov 16, 2022 10:22:11 am
      No more Amercian billionaires please they will only come here to make more money Unless FSG are going to leave a Ā£1billion pot of money to strengthen the club on and off the field that is.  With all the clear and obvious bribery and corruption in Fifa ,Uefa and FA/EPL why should we take on a moral Crusade they usually end in defeat. The notion if spending what you earn is why Moore sold in the first place he knew it would not be enough and it still wont without massive player investment thanks to City and now Newcastle every top player will have a huge premium on them .
      UEFA and the FA had their chance to stop this and did f**k all about it football is doomed in the long run so lets play on a level playing field for a few years at least

I've no issue with American billionaires coming here to make money. As long as they have the funds to buy the club ... I don't care how much money they make on their purchase. The key for me , is that whilst making money they are ready to invest from time to time, when JĆ¼rgen needs it.

Fsg are not prepared to invest when the squad needs it. And that is the biggest thing for me. Investment from time to time, when needed helps to keep us competing at the top. And if we have a couple of prudent windows to balance out after that investment then that's fine.

We don't need to , nor do I want to see us spending 150m every window/6 months. JĆ¼rgen doesn't need that to compete.

This squad, its ageing and has run its course. We need some investment so we can build the next team and replace the ageing ones who are leaving for free or will only be able to sell for low fees.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,385 posts | 2823 
      Reply #669: Nov 16, 2022 10:22:20 am
      Oh cool, we have one genuine buyer identified. It's the guy who can't afford us unless he gets others to chip in.

Seems a very sideways move that.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,308 posts | 773 
      Reply #670: Nov 16, 2022 11:43:12 am
      Surely you arenā€™t serious.

His buddy Jeffrey Epstein ring a bell?
      I'm not serious in as much as BG wouldn't be interested in buying LFC....It was more to do with his benevolent character. You seem to suggest some guilt by association, Perhaps you should take out a page of the Miami Herald and make your accusation there, or if you somehow have evidence of BG having committed a serious crime, present it to your local law enforcement.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #671: Nov 16, 2022 11:54:31 am
      I'm not serious in as much as BG wouldn't be interested in buying LFC....It was more to do with his benevolent character. You seem to suggest some guilt by association, Perhaps you should take out a page of the Miami Herald and make your accusation there, or if you somehow have evidence of BG having committed a serious crime, present it to your local law enforcement.

His wife literally divorced him over his relationship with Epstein (among other questionable behavior/relationships) but itā€™s all good because of his benevolent character. 🤣🙄
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,308 posts | 773 
      Reply #672: Nov 16, 2022 12:05:20 pm
      His wife literally divorced him over his relationship with Epstein (among other questionable behavior/relationships) but itā€™s all good because of his benevolent character. 🤣🙄
      You might not be surprised to know I'm not BG's bessy mate....Like you I have no idea what he does, or doesn't do with his time. What I am pretty sure of is he won't be buying LFC.....and sadly neither will I.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #673: Nov 16, 2022 12:07:52 pm
      Seems a very sideways move that.

Backwards, not sideways.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #674: Nov 16, 2022 12:24:00 pm
      I've no issue with American billionaires coming here to make money. As long as they have the funds to buy the club ... I don't care how much money they make on their purchase. The key for me , is that whilst making money they are ready to invest from time to time, when JĆ¼rgen needs it.

Fsg are not prepared to invest when the squad needs it. And that is the biggest thing for me. Investment from time to time, when needed helps to keep us competing at the top. And if we have a couple of prudent windows to balance out after that investment then that's fine.

We don't need to , nor do I want to see us spending 150m every window/6 months. JĆ¼rgen doesn't need that to compete.

This squad, its ageing and has run its course. We need some investment so we can build the next team and replace the ageing ones who are leaving for free or will only be able to sell for low fees.

where do you think the tipping point is. If we sell for Ā£3.5billion now and then in 5 years they want Ā£6billion in 10 years Ā£10billion that will be profit taken out of the club. What about when JĆ¼rgen goes if he doesnt like the new owners set up and when you say we need some investment how much is some because over the next 3 to 4 seasons you are probably looking at 70% of the squad will need replacing that will require a bit more than "some" investment. Its bizzarre that you think JĆ¼rgen doesnt need to match City's spending to compete he isnt quite a miracle worker as we have seen in the first part of this season the lads had a poor start and he couldnt really understand why.
      Interesting times indeed I dont think we can really say with confidence where we will be at the end of this season it could go either way especially with the WC thrown into the mix.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #675: Nov 16, 2022 12:27:19 pm
      where do you think the tipping point is. If we sell for Ā£3.5billion now and then in 5 years they want Ā£6billion in 10 years Ā£10billion that will be profit taken out of the club. What about when JĆ¼rgen goes if he doesnt like the new owners set up and when you say we need some investment how much is some because over the next 3 to 4 seasons you are probably looking at 70% of the squad will need replacing that will require a bit more than "some" investment. Its bizzarre that you think JĆ¼rgen doesnt need to match City's spending to compete he isnt quite a miracle worker as we have seen in the first part of this season the lads had a poor start and he couldnt really understand why.
      Interesting times indeed I dont think we can really say with confidence where we will be at the end of this season it could go either way especially with the WC thrown into the mix.

Why do you keep saying ā€œĀ£10bnā€ profit ā€œtakenā€ out of the club when itā€™s a complete nonsense of a statement
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #676: Nov 16, 2022 12:30:15 pm

Not surprised - consortiums will be all over it
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #677: Nov 16, 2022 01:26:24 pm
      where do you think the tipping point is. If we sell for Ā£3.5billion now and then in 5 years they want Ā£6billion in 10 years Ā£10billion that will be profit taken out of the club.

Jesus H Christ Walt.

Please stop talking about profit from a sale being taken out of the club.

Don't expect anything to happen before January window I'd imagine.

Sale before the end of the season perhaps do we think folks?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #678: Nov 16, 2022 01:42:51 pm
      Jesus H Christ Walt.

I don't think it will happen fast, I think for the supporters it would be better if it did, but FSG really have no reason they can't wait a bit, especially since they will want to get the highest offer. If you have something of high value, you aren't going to just give it away. I can see it maybe getting done prior to summer, I would think a new owner would want to have the summer transfer window to start making any purchases to put their mark on the club.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #679: Nov 16, 2022 03:52:40 pm
      Jesus H Christ Walt.

why is the truth not worth mentioning or do you simply not understand where this will end up.I have been on this for many years I will not let up now but you and your mates can post whatever you want and I will do the same,
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #680: Nov 16, 2022 04:41:38 pm
      why is the truth not worth mentioning or do you simply not understand where this will end up.I have been on this for many years I will not let up now but you and your mates can post whatever you want and I will do the same,

Because it is not the truth, you just lack a basic understanding on how sale of a business works 
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #681: Nov 16, 2022 04:42:32 pm
      Jesus H Christ Walt.

Yep

I think new owners by new season.

I just hope they are the right ones.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #682: Nov 16, 2022 07:10:50 pm
      Because it is not the truth, you just lack a basic understanding on how sale of a business works 

you know nothing about me and I intend to keep it that way. So you can keep your superior feelings I dont want to upset you.
      Meanwhile the Billionaires taking Billions from the Club a club that is in one of the top 10 most deprived areas in the Country.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #683: Nov 16, 2022 07:22:54 pm
      you know nothing about me and I intend to keep it that way. So you can keep your superior feelings I dont want to upset you.
      Meanwhile the Billionaires taking Billions from the Club a club that is in one of the top 10 most deprived areas in the Country.

What are you honestly F***ing talking about? How are they taking billions from the club? Do you mean when they sell something that they own they are going to make a profit? I hate to tell you but every business in the city of Liverpool (and every city in the world) functions the exact same way. They saw a good opportunity and they took it. We've since won every trophy available all while becoming financially sound with a new training facility, new stands and new streams of revenue. No the stupid Yanks never really "got" what the city is about but you should be happy that they are going to F**k off. Who cares if they make a couple of billion, that's what billionaires tend to do and that's what the next owners will look to do as well. There is no sentimentality when you are throwing those kinds of figures around. No one is going to buy this club for 5b and then turn around and pump hundreds of millions in every year for transfers, upgrades, charity or anything else you may think they should be doing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #684: Nov 16, 2022 07:30:11 pm

Ffs / they arenā€™t ā€œtaking billionsā€ from the club 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø🤦ā€ā™‚ļø🤦ā€ā™‚ļø
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #685: Nov 16, 2022 10:01:10 pm
      What are you honestly f**king talking about? How are they taking billions from the club? Do you mean when they sell something that they own they are going to make a profit? I hate to tell you but every business in the city of Liverpool (and every city in the world) functions the exact same way. They saw a good opportunity and they took it. We've since won every trophy available all while becoming financially sound with a new training facility, new stands and new streams of revenue. No the stupid Yanks never really "got" what the city is about but you should be happy that they are going to f**k off. Who cares if they make a couple of billion, that's what billionaires tend to do and that's what the next owners will look to do as well. There is no sentimentality when you are throwing those kinds of figures around. No one is going to buy this club for 5b and then turn around and pump hundreds of millions in every year for transfers, upgrades, charity or anything else you may think they should be doing.

listen pr**k this club has been going since 1892 they have owned a bit of paper since 2010 the club survived and thrived for 115 years until it was rescued by Hicks and Gillette so whilst you can worship people who steal wealth form the poor not all do and what is somewhat disgusting is that Anfield is one of the most deprived areas in the Country but you wouldnt know that because you have never been. Bit you and your ilk seem to believe you are an authority on the Club. So whilst your country men applaud the good business deal they are negotiating with god knows who people within yards of the ground will used food banks and be unable to heat their homes. So if we are playing this game give me DIC or any other state funded entity who can splash money about with out desperately looking for a profit.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #686: Nov 16, 2022 10:08:12 pm
      So, how are we all doing? Hope nobody is falling out....
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #687: Nov 16, 2022 10:08:45 pm
      listen pr**k this club has been going since 1892 they have owned a bit of paper since 2010 the club survived and thrived for 115 years until it was rescued by Hicks and Gillette so whilst you can worship people who steal wealth form the poor not all do and what is somewhat disgusting is that Anfield is one of the most deprived areas in the Country but you wouldnt know that because you have never been. Bit you and your ilk seem to believe you are an authority on the Club. So whilst your country men applaud the good business deal they are negotiating with god knows who people within yards of the ground will used food banks and be unable to heat their homes. So if we are playing this game give me DIC or any other state funded entity who can splash money about with out desperately looking for a profit.

1. Are you sure Hicks and Gillette rescued the club ?!

2. Who the heck is ā€œstealing from the poorā€

3. Why do you keep bringing up Anfield being deprived- what is the relevance?

4. You can stop the moral high ground if you only care about money and donā€™t care about the human rights violations behind it

When FSG sell any money they take with them is money someone has given them to buy the club

If you sell your house do you give the profit away ?!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #688: Nov 16, 2022 10:10:42 pm
      Yep

I think new owners by new season.

I just hope they are the right ones.

Next season would be more realistic

Being the right owners is a tough one when one personā€™s right could be the next persons wrong 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø
      Prime
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts | 12 
      Reply #689: Nov 16, 2022 11:10:00 pm
      Who is stealing from the club? FSG turning the club around helps the city of Liverpool. You should be thanking them for their service.

Quick Reply