Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 98468 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #690: Nov 16, 2022 11:42:01 pm
      listen pr**k this club has been going since 1892 they have owned a bit of paper since 2010 the club survived and thrived for 115 years until it was rescued by Hicks and Gillette so whilst you can worship people who steal wealth form the poor not all do and what is somewhat disgusting is that Anfield is one of the most deprived areas in the Country but you wouldnt know that because you have never been. Bit you and your ilk seem to believe you are an authority on the Club. So whilst your country men applaud the good business deal they are negotiating with god knows who people within yards of the ground will used food banks and be unable to heat their homes. So if we are playing this game give me DIC or any other state funded entity who can splash money about with out desperately looking for a profit.

You honestly have lost the plot. I get that you are frustrated but you aren’t making any cogent arguments. Settle down, maybe have a beer or a joint and RELAX.

I knew you were xenophobic and cranky but I never thought you were flat out ignorant. This post says otherwise unfortunately.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #691: Nov 16, 2022 11:44:26 pm
      The leaps Walton takes are extraordinary.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #692: Nov 17, 2022 08:02:55 am
      listen pr**k this club has been going since 1892 they have owned a bit of paper since 2010 the club survived and thrived for 115 years until it was rescued by Hicks and Gillette so whilst you can worship people who steal wealth form the poor not all do and what is somewhat disgusting is that Anfield is one of the most deprived areas in the Country but you wouldnt know that because you have never been. Bit you and your ilk seem to believe you are an authority on the Club. So whilst your country men applaud the good business deal they are negotiating with god knows who people within yards of the ground will used food banks and be unable to heat their homes. So if we are playing this game give me DIC or any other state funded entity who can splash money about with out desperately looking for a profit.

Hicks and Gillette rescued the club?! What are you smoking  :cool-smiley-027:

I am not saying that FSG are/were saints but we won the league (and so many seasons so close) and 3 UCL finals by hiring the best manager of this era.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #693: Nov 17, 2022 10:36:28 am
      I am not saying that FSG are/were saints but we won the league (and so many seasons so close) and 3 UCL finals by hiring the best manager of this era.

Quote from: BOB PAISLEY
      Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second.

It's not a dig at you mate, it's just how football has changed. We now consider coming runners up an achievement when it used to be looked at as the failure it ultimately is. It's the Arsene Wenger syndrome of thinking fourth was something to celebrate.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #694: Nov 17, 2022 11:03:47 am

Yes. But some would downplay this by saying they got lucky that Jürgen came to us, simply to downplay everything that FSG has done. But to be fair, there has to be an approach, an offer and an agreement. It would turn out to be important and very significant.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #695: Nov 17, 2022 11:06:18 am
      It's not a dig at you mate, it's just how football has changed. We now consider coming runners up an achievement when it used to be looked at as the failure it ultimately is. It's the Arsene Wenger syndrome of thinking fourth was something to celebrate.

It's all about the money and spending these days and we simply cannot keep up. And thus  given our relatively low spending, we have to deem ourselves a success based on league position per dollar spent!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #696: Nov 17, 2022 11:20:46 am
      Hicks and Gillette rescued the club?! What are you smoking  :cool-smiley-027:

Id say He was being a wee bit facetious with the HG remark. l o l
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #697: Nov 17, 2022 12:04:54 pm
      I don't think we as fans have any say in the matter. Fsg will listen to groups like sos and nod. Then sell to whomever have the highest bid. Could be a Nigerian prince for that matter.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #698: Nov 17, 2022 12:39:31 pm
      It's all about the money and spending these days

I can't be arsed getting into this argument again because it isn't F***ing true. If it was then Everton who've spent billions over the last couple of years would be the biggest club on Merseyside and they're clearly F***ing not. Spending money doesn't guarantee F**k all.

It's an argument people throw out there just to excuse us not winning and saying coming second is an achievement for Liverpool Football Club.

We can but we choose not to. It's not like we're on the breadline, risking going bust like Bury did. We're more than capable of spending a fortune but choose not to.

And thus  given our relatively low spending, we have to deem ourselves a success based on league position per dollar spent!

You carry on considering second is an achievement for our club. I know it isn't.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #699: Nov 17, 2022 01:17:51 pm
      You carry on considering second is an achievement for our club. I know it isn't.

Care to clarify? You know second isn't an achievement yet you said we now consider runners up as an achievement. Maybe I'm too stupid.

We now consider coming runners up an achievement when it used to be looked at as the failure it ultimately is.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #700: Nov 17, 2022 02:04:07 pm
      Care to clarify? You know second isn't an achievement yet you said we now consider runners up as an achievement. Maybe I'm too stupid.
      I don't think DLS is saying that it is an achievement. I think he's saying it is not an achievement - but more and more people, these days, say it is.

Personally, I'm with Shanks, when he said, "if you are second you are nothing."
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #701: Nov 17, 2022 06:03:24 pm

Looks that way
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #702: Nov 17, 2022 06:22:33 pm
      It's all about the money and spending these days and we simply cannot keep up. And thus  given our relatively low spending, we have to deem ourselves a success based on league position per dollar spent!

Given our relatively low spending it is down to the genius of Klopp we are not mid-table fodder every season.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #703: Nov 17, 2022 06:42:43 pm
      Personally I don’t know of one fan of our great club that sees second as an achievement, it never was and it never will be ,
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #704: Nov 17, 2022 06:59:26 pm
      Finishing first is always the goal. But no club has always finished first. It's a competition. This club has competed better than all of them, but nobody wins every season. Nobody

In the pursuit of.goal one,  you try to win every game you can. That's it.

Oh, and we can try to show class and treat people with respect while we're at it, even on a message board.
      « Last Edit: Nov 18, 2022 12:21:35 am by Robby The Z »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #705: Nov 17, 2022 07:05:16 pm
      It isn’t, it has never been, and will never be, that particular accolade if you want to call it that are for the Arsenal’s Spuds, Chavs and everyone f***in else, because it’s constantly being thrown out there by the likes of Sky, Talkshite, etc etc,
      At the start of every season they’ll conduct a poll asking who finishes in the top 4, as if that in itself is a achievement it isn’t, but since the CL spots are defined by finishing in the top 4 positions at the end of a 38 game league campaign, it is assumed to be achieving something !!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #706: Nov 17, 2022 07:48:05 pm
      I don’t think any fan or the club will look for second place as an achievement

When we dominated we expected to win every year big trophies but those days left us 30 years ago and we had to watch the Mancs and Arsenal battle it out with Mancs dominating, then Chelsea and now City dominate each year

I think when people talk about getting to CL finals and missing out by single points it’s mainly to highlight how much as a club we have progressed over the last 6 years

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1194 
      Reply #707: Nov 17, 2022 07:50:03 pm
      It's a memorable quote and embodies the standards we as a club should seek to maintain, but taken too literally leads to an odd set of conclusions. If second or worse literally meant nothing we would surely have to conclude that every season under Klopp that didn't involve us winning the league was a failure. In some sense that is true and yet it doesn't preclude us from acknowledging the progress we have made or from feeling that it has been a successful period in our recent history.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #708: Nov 17, 2022 08:10:07 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #709: Nov 18, 2022 12:28:02 am
      It isn’t, it has never been, and will never be, that particular accolade if you want to call it that are for the Arsenal’s Spuds, Chavs and everyone f***in else, because it’s constantly being thrown out there by the likes of Sky, Talkshite, etc etc,
      At the start of every season they’ll conduct a poll asking who finishes in the top 4, as if that in itself is a achievement it isn’t, but since the CL spots are defined by finishing in the top 4 positions at the end of a 38 game league campaign, it is assumed to be achieving something !!

Remember that for our past two Champions League triumphs, we qualified for the competition those years by finishing lower than 1st place.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #710: Nov 18, 2022 08:58:17 am

Not an achievement but the money that we need to deal with is much bigger than the past.

I understand from where your thinking is coming too.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #711: Nov 18, 2022 09:56:02 am
      At the end of the day it's about lifting trophies, getting to finals and coming away with silverware. But finishing 5th in the league would hammer home to all of us how much coming 4th is an achievement....perhaps even more so this season with the increased competition for places.
      You've got to be in it to win it.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #712: Nov 18, 2022 10:22:06 am

You were on a conversation on how football has changed. I gave an opinion that money these days is important and we overachieved other clubs per dollar of spending by league position and cups. You disagreed to some extent if not all. Then I asked you to clarify two statements which appeared conflicting.

It’s all good till here. Everyone has an opinion and we all have differing viewpoints because each individual is different. We don’t have to convince others to ascribe or agree to our viewpoints. We can agree to disagree. Everything was fine up till this point.

I sought a clarification. It’s entirely fine if you didn’t want to clarify. But have no F***ing right to define or make a judgement on me as a person especially we only know each other online on these boards.

Over here, we can only talk. None of us have power to make an actual marquee transfer or guarantee three points in any particular match.

If you’re so smart, get that marquee player in or get us the three points in our subsequent matches or do even better, takeover the club from FSG. Otherwise, we’re all kind of equally powerless.

If anyone of us is really smart, don’t just talk about our problems. Get into the club and implement real solutions to bring about positive outcomes and make this board happier than now! Opinions come and go and they’ll sway or change. If you’re that good, make a real change rather than talk. With all due respect to you, I’m no worse than you and neither am I any better than you. We only talk. We should be walking together despite our differences and not walk alone.

Quick Reply