Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 100844 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #713: Nov 18, 2022 10:48:23 am
      At the end of the day it's about lifting trophies, getting to finals and coming away with silverware. But finishing 5th in the league would hammer home to all of us how much coming 4th is an achievement....perhaps even more so this season with the increased competition for places.
      You've got to be in it to win it.

It's the reality. Top 4 is important. Winning is obviously the real aim but C/L qualification is vital, financially as much as anything else. Not fighting for top 4 at the very least would see this club disappear down the plughole.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,406 posts | 204 
      Reply #714: Nov 18, 2022 02:57:42 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63679055

Warner has confirmed we are for sale and are looking to sell the club now but are in no rush

The investment thing was bs imo just to get a feeler of interested parties with big pockets

I hope we don’t get sold to some American hedge fund

Give me a state any day of the week rather than a fund saddling debt on us
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #715: Nov 18, 2022 03:25:47 pm
      Some owners (not only fsg, generally speaking) would say hey we are getting top four where the big money is. Let's keep doing this, we don't need to win anything. Its more money in just being top four every season.

I do want owners who want to compete every season and win it. If we don't compete for a season or two then I want them to try to fix the issue rather then being content with top four finishes.

That makes these hedge funds dangerous to me. All I am saying is that every type of owners have their own ups and downs. The sheiks, the Russian and these fund groups.

Reading this thread, I just wanted to say that not all the Arabs owned companies are bad, nor are all the western funds groups good. Whomever the new owner is, I want him to be a winner rather then being "safe"
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #716: Nov 18, 2022 03:30:40 pm

Warner has confirmed we are for sale and are looking to sell the club now but are in no rush

The investment thing was bs imo just to get a feeler of interested parties with big pockets

We're at the mercy of the market and to the highest bidder. Why were they not upfront from the off regarding the sale. "And it's business as usual"....but it isn't is it as we will just be ticking over. And they say "there's no rush"...well there is actually because we need to identify targets now....to line up for January and the summer so we need certainty of how much we can spend. Their very casual over it because they know they are billions up on the deal. All getting a bit shabby.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #717: Nov 18, 2022 03:37:22 pm

Not all US Hedge Funds pile debt onto a club - FSG didn’t and Chelsea’s new owners haven’t

Every oil state does though have human rights violations - do you want that associated with the club just because they have lots of money?

I’ll take a solid businessman who won’t put debt on the club , treat the club and fans with respect , don’t have human right violations or kill journalists

Preferably someone in England who knows the game
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #718: Nov 18, 2022 04:24:13 pm
      We're at the mercy of the market and to the highest bidder. Why were they not upfront from the off regarding the sale. "And it's business as usual"....but it isn't is it as we will just be ticking over. And they say "there's no rush"...well there is actually because we need to identify targets now....to line up for January and the summer so we need certainty of how much we can spend. Their very casual over it because they know they are billions up on the deal. All getting a bit shabby.

The sale has no effect on the January window, or summer window if it gets that far, for the simple reason that the club is self sustaining and not incrementally funded by external investment. How the club operates does not change.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,406 posts | 204 
      Reply #719: Nov 18, 2022 04:36:03 pm

Not all US Hedge Funds pile debt onto a club - FSG didn’t and Chelsea’s new owners haven’t

Every oil state does though have human rights violations - do you want that associated with the club just because they have lots of money?

I’ll take a solid businessman who won’t put debt on the club , treat the club and fans with respect , don’t have human right violations or kill journalists

Preferably someone in England who knows the game

Culture is different in various country, no country are saints, there is an argument that worse things happen in western countries but it’s dressed up as suits etc

I have no issues being owned by an Arab country

We can’t compete with a solid business man tbh unless we do everything perfect which isn’t going to happen as mistakes happen in the market

The time has come for us to spend 100-120m per window in the summer
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #720: Nov 18, 2022 04:39:41 pm
      Culture is different in various country, no country are saints, there is an argument that worse things happen in western countries but it’s dressed up as suits etc

I have no issues being owned by an Arab country

We can’t compete with a solid business man tbh unless we do everything perfect which isn’t going to happen as mistakes happen in the market

The time has come for us to spend 100-120m per window in the summer

So the only way a team wins now is via Arab oil money ? Is that the situation we are in now that for us to compete we need to get on the financial cheating bandwagon to just spend

And culture is a poor excuse for killing someone over free speech amongst many human rights violations.

They are not the type of people we would ever want owning the club

You don’t have to sacrifice any morals just to get more money spent
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,406 posts | 204 
      Reply #721: Nov 18, 2022 04:40:30 pm
      Some owners (not only fsg, generally speaking) would say hey we are getting top four where the big money is. Let's keep doing this, we don't need to win anything. Its more money in just being top four every season.

I do want owners who want to compete every season and win it. If we don't compete for a season or two then I want them to try to fix the issue rather then being content with top four finishes.

That makes these hedge funds dangerous to me. All I am saying is that every type of owners have their own ups and downs. The sheiks, the Russian and these fund groups.

Reading this thread, I just wanted to say that not all the Arabs owned companies are bad, nor are all the western funds groups good. Whomever the new owner is, I want him to be a winner rather then being "safe"

Exactly, if we made a list of things done by various countries, you will find horrid things from both sides

Western countries for example turn a blind eye on what their companies are doing to countries like Iraq, just look at how western countries are over looking bp giving cancer pretty much to poor villages, It’s killing them. Is that not human right violations ?

Just one of many examples of governments who have hand in businesses killing people yet the Arabs are the bad people

Hypocritical beyond belief

This is why I have no issues as someone who is western to be owned by an Arab company 
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,406 posts | 204 
      Reply #722: Nov 18, 2022 04:43:15 pm
      So the only way a team wins now is via Arab oil money ? Is that the situation we are in now that for us to compete we need to get on the financial cheating bandwagon to just spend

And culture is a poor excuse for killing someone over free speech amongst many human rights violations.

They are not the type of people we would ever want owning the club

You don’t have to sacrifice any morals just to get more money spent

Really? You buy oil from companies killing children by giving them cancer in bad practices ?

Our Uk government takes money from people doing that such as bp

Giving people cancer and sending them to a long painful death is bad as it gets but this gets swept under the rug

There are many examples of our government taking taxes from businesses and give them tax breaks who cause deaths or cancer

Like I said the only difference is one side wears a suit

Are you going to stop getting fuel as they kill poor overseas children in the process ? After all morals are important  to you right
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #723: Nov 18, 2022 04:49:47 pm
      Really? You buy oil from companies killing children by giving them cancer in bad practices ?

Giving people cancer and sending them to a long painful death is bad as it gets but this gets swept under the rug

There are many examples of our government taking taxes from businesses and give them tax breaks who cause deaths or cancer

Are you going to stop getting fuel as they kill poor overseas children in the process ? After all morals are important  to you right

I have an electric car 🤷‍♂️

But what does an oil company have to do with it ?

I wouldn’t want them buying us

Also our government doesn’t own the club as well ?

CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #724: Nov 18, 2022 04:55:59 pm

Shabs?
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,406 posts | 204 
      Reply #725: Nov 18, 2022 05:27:06 pm
      I have an electric car 🤷‍♂️

But what does an oil company have to do with it ?

I wouldn’t want them buying us

Also our government doesn’t own the club as well ?

You can’t understand the point as it goes against the media narrative

It’s simple as this, it’s hypocritical to have a go at other countries human rights where ours is worse

At least they do it in the open, we let businesses get away with it, then pay them and use their taxes to give the country a better existence

Same sht, just covered in more layers until you get to the truth

You can’t be this whole thing about moral when we buy things have been made with blood money, clothes and so on

So you give money to companies with poor human right issues such as giving cancer to kids  but you don’t have an issue with it as it’s a need for you, aka fuel or clothes but you have issues with other countries killing their own for going against their set rules

Not all countries run a democratic way of living, that’s not wrong; it’s a different choice and culture
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,406 posts | 204 
      Reply #726: Nov 18, 2022 05:32:08 pm
      I would be far more proud to be owned by a Arab country as they have better morals than American firms who invest in third world country projects that lead to deaths and cancer whilst making money out of it but it’s all kept in the low low. The recent Bp scandal is a clear example

there’s pros and cons to every country, I will be a supporter of a brighter future with money spent that doesn’t involve purposely allowing people to die (accidents happen)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,023 posts | 2089 
      Reply #727: Nov 18, 2022 05:39:58 pm
      I would be far more proud to be owned by a Arab country as they have better morals than American firms who invest in third world country projects that lead to deaths and cancer whilst making money out of it but it’s all kept in the low low. The recent Bp scandal is a clear example

there’s pros and cons to every country, I will be a supporter of a brighter future with money spent that doesn’t involve purposely allowing people to die (accidents happen)

Proud?

F**k me, this site is littered with idiots.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #728: Nov 18, 2022 05:50:07 pm
      Proud?

As I said on a previous page pick your poison.

Let's be honest some of them Arabs interested are gonna give more of a F**k about the club than any interested Yank buyers.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,406 posts | 204 
      Reply #729: Nov 18, 2022 06:00:17 pm
      Proud?

Yea, as it’s better than what your mind can understand to what we have now

Blood money is everywhere and you finance them

So yeah, I have no issues with Arab owners, their morals are better imo

I rather a Liverpool Arab fan who supports the club than a business running dodge operations in the USA or Uk whilst killing kids in third world counties
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #730: Nov 18, 2022 06:12:48 pm

It’s simple as this, it’s hypocritical to have a go at other countries human rights where ours is worse

At least they do it in the open, we let businesses get away with it, then pay them and use their taxes to give the country a better existence

You can’t be this whole thing about moral when we buy things have been made with blood money, clothes and so on

So you give money to companies with poor human right issues such as giving cancer to kids  but you don’t have an issue with it as it’s a need for you, aka fuel or clothes but you have issues with other countries killing their own for going against their set rules

Not all countries run a democratic way of living, that’s not wrong; it’s a different choice and culture

Sorry I’m confused

Since when were our human rights worse than theirs ?

Can you give some examples
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #731: Nov 18, 2022 06:28:53 pm
      Proud?

Embarrassing isn’t it
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #732: Nov 18, 2022 06:29:29 pm

Nah I’m sorry - facts are facts I’m afraid
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #733: Nov 18, 2022 06:37:03 pm
      Sorry I’m confused

Since when were our human rights worse than theirs ?

Can you give some examples

Does selling weapons to Saudia Arabia for them to bomb F**k out of Yemen count?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #734: Nov 18, 2022 06:39:54 pm
      Does selling weapons to Saudia Arabia for them to bomb f**k out of Yemen count?

Is that “human rights” ?

Is that the same as killing someone because of who they are attracted too ?
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,406 posts | 204 
      Reply #735: Nov 18, 2022 06:46:43 pm
      Is that “human rights” ?

Is that the same as killing someone because of who they are attracted too ?

I did but you are ignoring them

We do Under handed and support indirect human rights abuses by supporting companies that commit them

Oil and gas, clothes, even medicine and so on
      Bp and Iraq for example

Clothes made in Asia

Cotton made in China in slave camps that are used by us

Yet you have an issue with Arabs

How is killing someone different than paying someone to kill people whilst they make goods for us ?

It’s death at the end but because we need the items, we turn a blind eye

Quick Reply