Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 98421 times
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #736: Nov 18, 2022 06:50:38 pm
      We all pay companies and use services that make their products with slave labour and killing kids in the process

They also cause cancer in the process for making their products which we pay them to do

We also invest in these businesses for returns in pensions and so on, we put money in banks who finance these things as well

Yet Arabs are worse

Like I said, I hope we get bought out by a fan from the Arab world who cares about the club and not making a big profit from us, their morals would be better than a lot out there
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #737: Nov 18, 2022 07:26:29 pm
      I did but you are ignoring them

We do Under handed and support indirect human rights abuses by supporting companies that commit them

Oil and gas, clothes, even medicine and so on
      Bp and Iraq for example

Clothes made in Asia

Cotton made in China in slave camps that are used by us

Yet you have an issue with Arabs

How is killing someone different than paying someone to kill people whilst they make goods for us ?

It’s death at the end but because we need the items, we turn a blind eye

Sorry but your comparisons are way off

Huge stretch to try and compare someone buying a t shirt to a country who have laws that mean if you are gay you could be hung
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #738: Nov 18, 2022 08:46:48 pm

Huge stretch to try and compare someone buying a t shirt to a country who have laws that mean if you are gay you could be hung

Yea and that shirt led to kids forced out of homes, and held in Detention, women raped and forced to make the ingredients for the shirt. People even killed if they refused

Sure way off
      Prime
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts | 12 
      Reply #739: Nov 18, 2022 10:28:07 pm
      Given our relatively low spending it is down to the genius of Klopp we are not mid-table fodder every season.
      Look, Klopp is good, but it’s always been and will always be about the players. The players are the main reason Liverpool has been good.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #740: Nov 18, 2022 11:20:28 pm
      Is that “human rights” ?

Is that the same as killing someone because of who they are attracted too ?

It's not the same, but it's similarly evil, murderous sh*t (and on a larger scale).

I don't want us to be bought over by authoritarian Arab regimes either, but the double standards we have over the things we condemn and the things we turn a blind eye to (or are actively complicit in) is quite something.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1192 
      Reply #741: Nov 19, 2022 12:35:00 am
      It will be hard to find any billionaire who is squeaky clean but I think you judge each prospective buyer according to their merits and not general notions about 'Arabs' or 'Yanks'.

I'd personally rather a professional sports outfit come in if FSG are indeed to sell up and not another oligarch or member of a Middle Eastern royal family. I get the temptation in the absence of FFP but if anything is hypocrisy it would be completely reversing your opinion on that point only because it's your club that stands to benefit.

It is also open to debate whether in the years to come  people will see unlimited money from the likes of the oil states as so much of a benefit over and above all of the other considerations that make a football club successful and, just as importantly, worthy of that success.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #742: Nov 19, 2022 01:27:10 am
      Ultimately we all want to see our team win , if we want to sit here and take the moral high ground and do a Tottenham fine , Fck that I want to see us winning , the days of taking the moral high ground finished the day you all bought a club shirt made in a sweat factory in a foreign land ,
      NitoLF
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #743: Nov 19, 2022 03:49:12 am

Have you got one case of a gay person being hung in Qatar?

Also why are you okay with one type of human rights abuse but not okay with another? You seemed to be fine with the Hindutvas who've been going around murdering Indian Muslims, even slightly justifying it, but have a problem with others being hanged for breaking the law in their country.  Hmmm you seem to have a thing against Islam which is clouding your judgement from speaking fairly and making you look like a hypocrite in the process
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #744: Nov 19, 2022 08:08:36 am
      Haha. This thread is as screwed up as the game is. All arguing over which human rights abusing country is worse and who would make us 'proud' 👏  . Give yourselves a big clap.

I'll sum it up for all of you. Shanks didn't build this club for it to be owned by sportswashers and for us to be a cheating horrible entity all in the name of winning.

If that's all that matters to you, above basic human morals and above the values this club stands for then it sums you up as a person. What message does it send to our kids when we tell em ... oh its alright what they do over there lad as long as they're pumping the dirty money in and buying us shiny new footballers

This is sportswashing at its finest. Too many just blinded by money. You've got this circus starting in Qatar on Sunday ... all about money. What a horrible horrible entity the Premier league is. Well, I refuse to call it football now. Its moneyball isn't it. A playground for sportswashers. At least further down the pyramid some dignity remains, some semblance of sport.

I'd be quite happy for fsg to sell the club to Americans who would run it much the same, but every now and again be prepared to invest when we need it. We've got everything we need. We've got stability with JĂźrgen and the best manager. He's proven what can be done. He just isn't being backed when he needs to be and now it's built up onto a situation where major investment is needed.

If people think we need to spend 150/200m of dirty money every window then you really are deluded.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #745: Nov 19, 2022 09:20:50 am
      Ultimately we all want to see our team win , if we want to sit here and take the moral high ground and do a Tottenham fine , Fck that I want to see us winning , the days of taking the moral high ground finished the day you all bought a club shirt made in a sweat factory in a foreign land ,

And that Ladies & Gentleperson’s is IT in a Nutshell, Do We Really, any of us Give a F**k ? Cos at the end of the day it’s what we do on the f***in pitch that matters more than anything, that’s what we are all here to Support, who gives a F**k who owns us at the end of the day, if those owners are willing and able to fund our transfers and allow Jürgen to at least compete with whoever for whoever then ULTIMATELY that’s what we all want, right ??

Nobody is right, nobody is wrong, it’s just the way it is, we all have to accept there are different laws in different countries, and if you happen to be in one of those different countries you should abide by their laws, it’s that f***in simple,

You maybe anti-gay, you maybe anti-trans, or anti-straight or indeed anti-f***in anything, you just need to keep that to yourself, support the club you love get the F**k on with it,

I’m sick of all this woke sh*te, and PC sh*te, and yes I have vented my feelings on both, it’s called freedom of speech, or it f***in used to be, I don’t like it any more than the next f**ker, but whatever I think or feel doesn’t matter cos nothing will change how I feel about Liverpool FC, and that my pedigree chum’s is all that matters, Isn’t it ??

EDIT; If your Offended by any of the above, You can F**k Off !!!

Y  N  W  A
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #746: Nov 19, 2022 09:25:29 am
      Haha. This thread is as screwed up as the game is. All arguing over which human rights abusing country is worse and who would make us 'proud' 👏  . Give yourselves a big clap.

I'll sum it up for all of you. Shanks didn't build this club for it to be owned by sportswashers and for us to be a cheating horrible entity all in the name of winning.

If that's all that matters to you, above basic human morals and above the values this club stands for then it sums you up as a person. What message does it send to our kids when we tell em ... oh its alright what they do over there lad as long as they're pumping the dirty money in and buying us shiny new footballers

This is sportswashing at its finest. Too many just blinded by money. You've got this circus starting in Qatar on Sunday ... all about money. What a horrible horrible entity the Premier league is. Well, I refuse to call it football now. Its moneyball isn't it. A playground for sportswashers. At least further down the pyramid some dignity remains, some semblance of sport.

I'd be quite happy for fsg to sell the club to Americans who would run it much the same, but every now and again be prepared to invest when we need it. We've got everything we need. We've got stability with JĂźrgen and the best manager. He's proven what can be done. He just isn't being backed when he needs to be and now it's built up onto a situation where major investment is needed.

If people think we need to spend 150/200m of dirty money every window then you really are deluded.

Once again deluded and a hypocrite

The big American and European money is also blood money but you are blinded by it

We are not innocent nor are those companies, they make their money from migrant workers who die in other countries providing them with resources

It’s simply hidden but some of it always comes out eventually like bp did and the cotton and so on

The Arabs are better moral owners than American owners who hide their cruelty of people in other countries as they hire third parties to do it for them and pretend they know nothing of it

Don’t talk about dignity when you ignore history, we have been responsible for terrible human right abuses Over the years as a country and even to this day we buy goods that are made from those abuses

Shanks also did not build us to be owned by Americans who make their money from blood

There is a clear agenda against Arab owners in the world and it stinks of hidden racism from the media like they have against black footballers such as Sterling and rashford

We criticise none quite people more and hold them to Higher standards whilst ignoring our own if we really look deep in it

Arab owners will give us more better moral ground and we will be owned by better people. I don’t expect the media and people brainwashed by the hidden racism agenda they have to want that or believe it as their minds have been twisted by the anti Arab agenda whilst they don’t realise they indirectly support American owners who use blood money in third world countries making their items and dying

I will not be a sheep and urge you to think of the bigger picture yourself and not listen to the agenda of the media, look at these American owners and their business dealings and don’t be a parrot
      « Last Edit: Nov 19, 2022 09:30:42 am by KeepTheFaith »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #747: Nov 19, 2022 09:47:32 am
      Look, Klopp is good, but it’s always been and will always be about the players. The players are the main reason Liverpool has been good.

Under these thrifty owners and their refusal back the manager financially with his guidance the players perform well, previous managers under the same constraints did not achieve the same success.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #748: Nov 19, 2022 10:03:38 am

The big American and European money is also blood money but you are blinded by it

We are not innocent nor are those companies, they make their money from migrant workers who die in other countries providing them with resources

It’s simply hidden but some of it always comes out eventually like bp did and the cotton and so on

The Arabs are better moral owners than American owners who hide their cruelty of people in other countries as they hire third parties to do it for them and pretend they know nothing of it

Don’t talk about dignity when you ignore history, we have been responsible for terrible human right abuses Over the years as a country and even to this day we buy goods that are made from those abuses

Shanks also did not build us to be owned by Americans who make their money from blood

There is a clear agenda against Arab owners in the world and it stinks of hidden racism from the media like they have against black footballers such as Sterling and rashford

We criticise none quite people more and hold them to Higher standards whilst ignoring our own if we really look deep in it

Arab owners will give us more better moral ground and we will be owned by better people. I don’t expect the media and people brainwashed by the hidden racism agenda they have to want that or believe it as their minds have been twisted by the anti Arab agenda whilst they don’t realise they indirectly support American owners who use blood money in third world countries making their items and dying

I will not be a sheep and urge you to think of the bigger picture yourself and not listen to the agenda of the media, look at these American owners and their business dealings and don’t be a parrot
      I think you've made your point,( Not convincingly)... but your repetition has become a bit tiresome.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #749: Nov 19, 2022 10:13:11 am
      It will be hard to find any billionaire who is squeaky clean but I think you judge each prospective buyer according to their merits and not general notions about 'Arabs' or 'Yanks'.

I'd personally rather a professional sports outfit come in if FSG are indeed to sell up and not another oligarch or member of a Middle Eastern royal family. I get the temptation in the absence of FFP but if anything is hypocrisy it would be completely reversing your opinion on that point only because it's your club that stands to benefit.

It is also open to debate whether in the years to come  people will see unlimited money from the likes of the oil states as so much of a benefit over and above all of the other considerations that make a football club successful and, just as importantly, worthy of that success.

That goes for me too.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #750: Nov 19, 2022 10:40:09 am
      The high moral ground is so overcrowded in this thread I better not try and squeeze in. We're being flogged and lets hope the deal doesn't drift on and on. We want it sorted ASAP.

Justice and rights are part of the service sector, integrity is not cheap either. They cheat on the field, cheating off the field is a given..ask the Tories and they run the bleedin' country.

We are on the outside, we the customer. Ours is not to reason why, ours is to do or buy.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #751: Nov 19, 2022 11:40:24 am
      Once again deluded and a hypocrite.

Jesus H Christ!
      You accuse others of being deluded while stating Arabs have higher moral standards than whoever.
      That comparison is ludicrous when the majority of Arab states are devoid completely of civil rights and public executions, floggings, trials without any legal parameters etc etc are common place.
      It appears you have a misguided agenda.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #752: Nov 19, 2022 12:13:37 pm

You're a F***ing idiot if you believe FSG built itself on blood money.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #753: Nov 19, 2022 12:15:54 pm

And that Ladies & Gentleperson’s is IT in a Nutshell, Do We Really, any of us Give a F**k ? Cos at the end of the day it’s what we do on the f***in pitch that matters more than anything, that’s what we are all here to Support, who gives a f**k who owns us at the end of the day, if those owners are willing and able to fund our transfers and allow Jürgen to at least compete with whoever for whoever then ULTIMATELY that’s what we all want, right ??

Nobody is right, nobody is wrong, it’s just the way it is, we all have to accept there are different laws in different countries, and if you happen to be in one of those different countries you should abide by their laws, it’s that f***in simple,

You maybe anti-gay, you maybe anti-trans, or anti-straight or indeed anti-f***in anything, you just need to keep that to yourself, support the club you love get the f**k on with it,

I’m sick of all this woke sh*te, and PC sh*te, and yes I have vented my feelings on both, it’s called freedom of speech, or it f***in used to be, I don’t like it any more than the next f**ker, but whatever I think or feel doesn’t matter cos nothing will change how I feel about Liverpool FC, and that my pedigree chum’s is all that matters, Isn’t it ??

EDIT; If your Offended by any of the above, You can F**k Off !!!

Y  N  W  A

Very good post Billy in more ways than one. Nobody right or wrong is how i have it too. I hate the sports washing but at the same time hate being the also rans. if having a oil baron brings success back so be it. Not my ideal choice but since when do us fans have a choice? never is the obvious answer.

NitoLF
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #754: Nov 19, 2022 12:47:10 pm
      You want to do some research you'll find we do the exact same.

Public execution: we bomb and kill our citizens abroad without trial. America execute their prisoners on death row in front of a crowd.

Public floggings: our police beat peaceful protestors and in America their police kill black people willy nilly.

We keep singing the moral high ground whilst our murder by bombing numbers can't be touched. We're miles and miles ahead of anyone else.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #755: Nov 19, 2022 01:01:37 pm

Another bellend out the woodwork. I'm not a hypocrite fella. I've never strayed from my opinion.

It's amazing how many in here who have stood in judgment of the likes of city and psg etc calling them cheats and plastic etc etc now want the club to be owned and run the same way 'so we can compete' . We've competed very well thanks very much. The issue we have is that we have owners who won't invest when it's needed. Now major investment is needed and they want to cash their chips in.

Then you've got other idiots on here saying nobody gives a f*ck who owns us. F*ck off. This is a special football club. We're not a plaything for sports washers. I'd rather win 1 title in 10 years without sportswashers and their atrocities than 3 or 4 with them.

If you think fsg are like the sportswashers then you really are an idiot. Fsg have got a rap sheet compiled since they've been here but human right atrocities isn't one of them.

Keith ... no offence intended here mate. But you're saying you would take human rights abusers at united as you don't want to be also rans. Mate, you're the biggest spenders in the league the last 10 years and you're not in the top 4. So spending money isn't an issue at united ... and isn't a guarantee of success. So unless you want sportswasher money to rebuild your ground I don't see why you'd want them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #756: Nov 19, 2022 01:15:29 pm

Players and Manager!!
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #757: Nov 19, 2022 02:08:46 pm
      You're a f**king idiot if you believe FSG built itself on blood money.

The stuff you read on here is amazing.

Henry was a farm boy who made his wealth trading soy beans and corn futures before getting into sports. Somehow that's blood money and worse than a human rights violating Arab.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #758: Nov 19, 2022 02:17:11 pm

It's amazing how many in here who have stood in judgment of the likes of city and psg etc calling them cheats and plastic etc etc now want the club to be owned and run the same way 'so we can compete' . We've competed very well thanks very much. The issue we have is that we have owners who won't invest when it's needed. Now major investment is needed and they want to cash their chips in.

That's the best part of this whole thing. Now that we can potentially be owned by a similar group of people, suddenly they're not so bad and what's best for the club because we'll be able to buy the best players. Can't make this sh*t up  :lmao:

Quick Reply