Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 98385 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #782: Nov 24, 2022 06:52:15 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #783: Nov 24, 2022 07:00:07 pm

He wants a rich oil state owned
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #784: Nov 24, 2022 07:09:07 pm
      What does everyone on hear do if we're bought by oil money? It's certainly a reality at this point
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #785: Nov 24, 2022 07:15:01 pm
      What does everyone on hear do if we're bought by oil money? It's certainly a reality at this point

For me I’m done with the sport - having the club being part of sportswashing for imo disgusting regimes in unacceptable
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #786: Nov 24, 2022 07:17:51 pm

Start dreading the "announce" tweets on the club's twitter from all the beauts wanting a real-life fantasy football team.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #787: Nov 24, 2022 07:21:18 pm
      Sky Sports saying FSG are asking for £2.75b

I think it's Kaveh Solhekol

Twitter going crazy and distraught that it's so cheap as compared to Utd  :D

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #788: Nov 24, 2022 07:49:45 pm

There's a line of what's acceptable and what's not acceptable. That crosses it by miles.

Aside from the vulgar moral equation that it spews out, the idea of being owned by a state is grotesque. It may all be silverware and glory for a decade or two but once that state becomes exposed to global economic, diplomatic or internal fallout then we go down with it.

To see the club subsumed for political purposes, to be used as a sticking plaster to try and stem the spurting neck of a beheaded  human...count me out.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #789: Nov 24, 2022 08:42:44 pm
      There's a line of what's acceptable and what's not acceptable. That crosses it by miles.

Aside from the vulgar moral equation that it spews out, the idea of being owned by a state is grotesque. It may all be silverware and glory for a decade or two but once that state becomes exposed to global economic, diplomatic or internal fallout then we go down with it.

To see the club subsumed for political purposes, to be used as a sticking plaster to try and stem the spurting neck of a beheaded  human...count me out.

Could say the same about the majority of prospective buyers.

And when did we become so moralistic? I missed that meeting!! The only reason their was so much bitching about Chelsea and City was because they could buy who the F**k they liked and we couldn't.

There may be some form of protest, that'll last until the new owners splash the cash, buy big time players and no one will say a dickie bird.

It could easily be a middle-eastern buyer and I don't bet against it as FSG will accept whoever is offering their asking price.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #790: Nov 24, 2022 08:57:16 pm
      Could say the same about the majority of prospective buyers.

And when did we become so moralistic? I missed that meeting!! The only reason their was so much bitching about Chelsea and City was because they could buy who the f**k they liked and we couldn't.

There may be some form of protest, that'll last until the new owners splash the cash, buy big time players and no one will say a dickie bird.

It could easily be a middle-eastern buyer and I don't bet against it as FSG will accept whoever is offering their asking price.

Yeah and it was all artificial success for Man City and Chelsea because of it! Until FSG start involving themselves directly in mass human rights abuses then I think we're pretty safe and willing to at least keep it that way for any other future owners. Don't you? Integrity does matter, even if it does mean having to seek and rely on it in the form of a cross Atlantic investment firm like FSG.

I dare say if it was the Conservative government selling another piece of the public's family silver to Qatari billionaires then you would fine a just reason to protest.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #791: Nov 24, 2022 11:33:37 pm
      From the BBC:

Saudi Arabia's sports minister says its government would "definitely support" private sector Saudi bids for Manchester United and Liverpool. Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki Al Faisal said there was a lot of "interest and appetite" in United and Liverpool. Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki Al Faisal: "From the private sector, I can't speak on their behalf, but there is a lot of interest and appetite and there's a lot of passion about football." Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki Al Faisal: "It's the most-watched league in Saudi and the region and you have a lot of fans of the Premier League."

F**k off Saudi Arabia. You are not wanted. Don't give a sh*t about your sugar daddy money, it's not worth the cost to our integrity as a club.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #792: Nov 25, 2022 12:00:14 am
      I’d rather we joined the super league than be state owned.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #793: Nov 25, 2022 12:01:24 am
      F**k off Saudi Arabia. You are not wanted. Don't give a sh*t about your sugar daddy money, it's not worth the cost to our integrity as a club.

So you're not a fan of our club if a Saudi family or business takes ownership? Not trying to be smart or funny, just asking if anyone stops supporting our club due to something we can't help
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #794: Nov 25, 2022 12:59:37 am
      So you're not a fan of our club if a Saudi family or business takes ownership? Not trying to be smart or funny, just asking if anyone stops supporting our club due to something we can't help

You think people wouldn’t bolt if Trump bought us?

Everyone has their bugaboo I suppose.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #795: Nov 25, 2022 02:42:43 am

Assuming we'd become another PSG / City / Newcastle, I personally would not stop being a fan, but would certainly lose some level of interest knowing we'd now be part and contributing to what's wrong with the sport.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #796: Nov 25, 2022 03:43:06 am
      You think people wouldn’t bolt if Trump bought us?

Everyone has their bugaboo I suppose.

;D. We'd get a lot of redneck Republicans start following us
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #797: Nov 25, 2022 04:01:06 pm
      City, PSG, Newcastle, possibly united all state owned, if that happens thats it because the fair play rules wont and don't really exist. If we don't get similar owners we will not be able to compete its that simple.

What FSG and Klopp have done in the transfer market not spending big selling better creating Klopps vision is as miraculous as united class of 92... and guess what city have just spent and continue to be ahead. So forgive me for wanting an equal playing field in terms of owners and wealth, because if we don't I believe the miracles of the past 6 years won't be repeated as its not just city anymore it will be Newcastle and possibly United who will just outspend us.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #798: Nov 25, 2022 05:46:06 pm
      We're out there in Dubai doing warm weather training. UAE are just as bad as Saudi Arabia. Both countries have horrendous human rights records.

I take it as read, that we're all 'lifers'. Unconditional...implicit ..or is it.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #799: Nov 25, 2022 06:21:46 pm

Said previously that as a minimum I'd cancel my Sky subscription. Doesn't mean I'd stop supporting the team but I would no longer pay anything into the joke that PL football has become, even indirectly. If I had a season ticket I'd not renew it. No more merchandise purchases either.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #800: Nov 25, 2022 06:22:45 pm
      So Utd up for sale now as well. Billionaires spoilt for choice, but who would they favour ?  Utd who need a whole restructuring, top to bottom, or us, a ready, rebuilt club, top to bottom, with a better history and as much, if not more potential going forwards. Good deal cheaper as well.

Gotta be us surely !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #801: Nov 25, 2022 08:00:29 pm
      So Utd up for sale now as well. Billionaires spoilt for choice, but who would they favour ?  Utd who need a whole restructuring, top to bottom, or us, a ready, rebuilt club, top to bottom, with a better history and as much, if not more potential going forwards. Good deal cheaper as well.

Gotta be us surely !

History won’t come into really and let’s be honest since there the two most successful teams in the league both would be a good choice. Their billionaires so chances are they will look at the brand, that being the case it’s a no brainier being honest, it’s us all day unless their a actual fan of the club.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #802: Nov 26, 2022 03:07:34 am

Gotta be us surely !

Scum saddled with debt and need a ton of investment, but possibly still more popular globally so the upside is still there. If the owners want to win now, I think we have to be the more attractive option.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #803: Nov 26, 2022 12:05:40 pm
      It doesn't really matter too much, the amount of debt you've got if someone like Apple buys you. They are worth £2.4 trillion. Sure they aren't in the business of throwing money away, but I'm guessing they could resolve Utd's £500m of debt and not lose much sleep over it.
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2022 01:54:14 pm by Rush »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #804: Nov 26, 2022 04:15:29 pm
      It doesn't really matter too much, the amount of debt you've got if someone like Apple buys you. They are worth £2.4 trillion. Sure they aren't in the business of throwing money away, but I'm guessing they could resolve Utd's £500m of debt and not lose much sleep over it.

That’s spot on, £500m peanuts to them.

Quick Reply