Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 100222 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,683 posts | 3357 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #874: Dec 04, 2022 04:00:35 pm

Seems to be the same old story just regenerated- will be amazed if there is any joint bid between the two
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,247 posts | 2799 
      Reply #875: Dec 04, 2022 04:28:09 pm
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,480 posts | 1486 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #876: Dec 04, 2022 05:01:47 pm

Seems to be the same old story just regenerated- will be amazed if there is any joint bid between the two
      Weren't Saudi Arabia and Qatar mortal enemies not so long ago? Not even the companies were allowed to trade with each other.

Not sure how legit this is now I think about it.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1082 
      Reply #877: Dec 04, 2022 05:24:49 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,683 posts | 3357 
      Reply #878: Dec 04, 2022 05:42:21 pm
      Weren't Saudi Arabia and Qatar mortal enemies not so long ago? Not even the companies were allowed to trade with each other.

Not sure how legit this is now I think about it.

Yep lots of sanctions between the two , Qatar accused by Saudi of Terrorism etc
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #879: Dec 04, 2022 07:32:01 pm
      Yep lots of sanctions between the two , Qatar accused by Saudi of Terrorism etc

Think some.Saudi companies were dumping toxic waste into Qatar's water supply or something like that.  Just a little neighborhood tiff.

So are we thinking now this is leaning more toward outside/new investment in the club rather than an outright sale? That's what I took from the Boston Globe article (best source of all re FSG).
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #880: Dec 05, 2022 04:53:48 am
      I will never get why FSG or whatever they want to be called, that's a load of billionaires group and red bird whatever that is helping them, never kept giving to receive, it wasn't or isn't even that big a gamble. So stingy, where are you taking the billions? into the afterlife nah.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,596 posts | 139 
      Reply #881: Dec 05, 2022 11:52:00 am
      The real world is different to places like reddit, online fans forums where some people are saying they gonna stop supporting if we get bought by an oil state. People said the same thing about the world cup and look how the world cup is popular now with record breaking viewership everywhere, in fact some people are already calling it the best world cup ever.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #882: Dec 05, 2022 12:00:12 pm
      The real world is different to places like reddit, online fans forums where some people are saying they gonna stop supporting if we get bought by an oil state. People said the same thing about the world cup and look how the world cup is popular now with record breaking viewership everywhere, in fact some people are already calling it the best world cup ever.

Defo best world cup for a lack of hooliganism. l o l

Ive still not watched a full game. 15mins max I think.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,596 posts | 139 
      Reply #883: Dec 05, 2022 12:09:22 pm

Ive still not watched a full game. 15mins max I think.

Some games have been legendary:  Saudi vs Argentina, Australia games, Japan and South Korea.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,155 posts | 717 
      Reply #884: Dec 05, 2022 12:18:57 pm
      Some games have been legendary:  Saudi vs Argentina, Australia games, Japan and South Korea.
      Quite a judgement considering you're not watching it! (Should have been tagged onto Breizpool)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #885: Dec 05, 2022 01:13:43 pm

I did see messi's goal the other day. still got it he has.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,683 posts | 3357 
      Reply #886: Dec 05, 2022 01:31:27 pm

The issues in regards the World Cup are still going on , just because it’s not being reported doesn’t mean it’s just disappeared

And the current World Cup is a perfect example of sports washing
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #887: Dec 05, 2022 05:29:39 pm
      I will never get why FSG or whatever they want to be called, that's a load of billionaires group and red bird whatever that is helping them, never kept giving to receive, it wasn't or isn't even that big a gamble. So stingy, where are you taking the billions? into the afterlife nah.

Do you know how hedge funds work?

Same as 2002. Too expensive a trip to go fighting.
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #888: Dec 06, 2022 10:05:06 pm
      With the anti state ownership views

How do you feel with some of our current sponsors?

We have Standard Chartered who have been guilty of money laundering and having worked with the government of Iran to hide billions in transactions in order to evade sanctions as well as a host of other similar incidents across the length of our sponsorship.

Also we have Nike, who been guilty in the past of having sweatshops, and poor working conditions. They are also currently being accused of using forced Uyghur labor in Xinjiang China.

Why isn't this being scrutinised? The club and our shirts are plastered with these brands for the whole world to see
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,480 posts | 1486 
      Reply #889: Dec 07, 2022 05:27:45 pm
      With the anti state ownership views

How do you feel with some of our current sponsors?

We have Standard Chartered who have been guilty of money laundering and having worked with the government of Iran to hide billions in transactions in order to evade sanctions as well as a host of other similar incidents across the length of our sponsorship.

Also we have Nike, who been guilty in the past of having sweatshops, and poor working conditions. They are also currently being accused of using forced Uyghur labor in Xinjiang China.

Why isn't this being scrutinised? The club and our shirts are plastered with these brands for the whole world to see
      I think the difference is, we found out about the Standard Chartered issues after they had signed up to LFC, whereas the human rights injustices by certain oil states are already known.

As for Nike, I personally didn't know about their dark arts, but no doubt others did because Nike is such a famous company.  Whereas Standard Chartered might fly under a few radars, Nike can't, and probably shouldn't have been recruited.

But what do I know.
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #890: Dec 07, 2022 06:30:37 pm
      I think the difference is, we found out about the Standard Chartered issues after they had signed up to LFC, whereas the human rights injustices by certain oil states are already known.

As for Nike, I personally didn't know about their dark arts, but no doubt others did because Nike is such a famous company.  Whereas Standard Chartered might fly under a few radars, Nike can't, and probably shouldn't have been recruited.

But what do I know.

Yes true indeed but if you can recall a couple of years ago we ended are sponsorship deal with Chinese company Tibet water for clear political reason.

So why hasn’t this been done with standard chartered, is it because of the amount of money they give us? Plus we have just signed a extension with them, so the can’t be no excuses.

Money is king and always will be.

IMO We can’t reject oil barrons money, because of human rights when we as a club and as fans walk around with these sponsors on us.

In for a penny in for a pound for me. We Can’t choose to ignore certain things to fit our narrative, FSG are as corrupt as any other billionaire out there.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,480 posts | 1486 
      Reply #891: Dec 07, 2022 08:40:43 pm
      Sure, but what can we do as supporters? Hit them in the pocket, but realistically, I think, for every one LFC fan who cancels this or that financial tie with the club, a thousand won't. I'd say protests, but does that ever work when the owners are raking in cash? Gillette & Hicks were ousted because of pressure from...can't remember, but it wasn't due to protests from the fans. FSG do at least listen to the fans; dropping the admission price, and walking away from the super league, but fans telling FSG not to take the £3 to £4 billion for a club they bought for £300m, to say "no thank you" to a 10x profit? I'm not sure that would persuade them. Money talks and everyone has their price.

I'm unsure what we can do other than support another team. And I'll be honest, I couldn't.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,155 posts | 717 
      Reply #892: Dec 07, 2022 09:13:28 pm
      Yes true indeed but if you can recall a couple of years ago we ended are sponsorship deal with Chinese company Tibet water for clear political reason.

So why hasn’t this been done with standard chartered, is it because of the amount of money they give us? Plus we have just signed a extension with them, so the can’t be no excuses.

Money is king and always will be.

IMO We can’t reject oil barrons money, because of human rights when we as a club and as fans walk around with these sponsors on us.

In for a penny in for a pound for me. We Can’t choose to ignore certain things to fit our narrative, FSG are as corrupt as any other billionaire out there.
      We can choose to ignore certain things because all of them are different and carry varying degrees of perceived malice. It might well be that FSG can be "creative" with their accounts, I am not aware of any charges of corruption against them...let alone torture, of which there there is a lot of evidence of in the Gulf States (and beyond).
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #893: Dec 08, 2022 11:46:27 am
      FSG again saying they would prefer new investors rather than selling up completely.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,480 posts | 1486 
      Reply #894: Dec 08, 2022 12:16:26 pm
      FSG again saying they would prefer new investors rather than selling up completely.
      Flip-flopping all over the place. Though whether that's to do with FSG changing their minds or web site owners going for the 'clicks', I don't know. I suspect the latter. Frustrating, either way.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #895: Dec 08, 2022 01:08:20 pm
      Flip-flopping all over the place. Though whether that's to do with FSG changing their minds or web site owners going for the 'clicks', I don't know. I suspect the latter. Frustrating, either way.

Will be what it will be. Personally I prefer new investment rather than full sale. For me FSG have been good owners very sensible, so selling some shares and having some new pals on the board seems sensible as well.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,480 posts | 1486 
      Reply #896: Dec 08, 2022 01:39:39 pm
      Will be what it will be. Personally I prefer new investment rather than full sale. For me FSG have been good owners very sensible, so selling some shares and having some new pals on the board seems sensible as well.

I'll be honest, a big part of me wants an oil-rich state to buy us. As you say, ideally, it will be a case of FSG remaining to run the club off the field and an investor coming on board and funding the transfer deals on the pitch. Win-win.

Quick Reply