Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 98333 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #1403: Feb 03, 2023 04:21:41 pm
      Your pretty good at this agenda malarkey, if you want to keep on believing we spent a billion outright weā€™re talking mind then there really is no point in carrying on the conversation ,

So simple question- how much did we pay Southampton for VVD ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1404: Feb 03, 2023 04:26:36 pm
      I love how everyone thinks football finances are so black and white and there are no shady grey areas like for example what Juve were doing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1405: Feb 03, 2023 04:39:51 pm
      I love how everyone thinks football finances are so black and white and there are no shady grey areas like for example what Juve were doing.

The whole sport is clearly morally bankrupt and clubs know that the governing bodies donā€™t have the balls to apply any rules
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1406: Feb 03, 2023 06:29:28 pm
      The club is up for sale, and the owners will consider minority investors.

There's something going on behind the scenes with all the people leaving and the stuff over the doctor.

The twitter/social media supporters have gone off like a F***ing atom bomb, the stupid cu*ts, letting it dominate everything to the point where they almost hate the team as much as Evertonians hate theirs.

And the whole circus has clearly irked Klopp, who spent the start of his reign building good vibes only for the crying tw*ts to demand Man City in red.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1407: Feb 03, 2023 06:33:10 pm

What it does show is how bad a state the sport is when itā€™s believed that the only way for a club to be successful is to have rich owners who spend lots of their own money - it comes down to who is richer

When they sell they'll be heading off with BILLIONS, off the back of this club, so excuse those of us who feel they should have done more to support JĆ¼rgen, particularly in more recent seasons.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1408: Feb 03, 2023 06:35:24 pm
      When they sell they'll be heading off with BILLIONS, off the back of this club, so excuse those of us who feel they should have done more to support JĆ¼rgen, particularly in more recent seasons.
      In what way is that relevant to what I posted apart from just to have another cry about them 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1409: Feb 03, 2023 06:45:13 pm
      In what way is that relevant to what I posted apart from just to have another cry about them 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Interesting, that when you look at the other side of the argument to you, you reckon people are 'crying'.  Nice.
      I really have absolutely no clue why you feel the need to defend them, 24/7,  constantly - when it's pretty clear, if asking the question / when looking at the squad currently - have they consistently done enough - and the answer for most is no - but for you is yes.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1410: Feb 03, 2023 06:51:16 pm
      Interesting, that when you look at the other side of the argument to you, you reckon people are 'crying'.  Nice.
      I really have absolutely no clue why you feel the need to defend them, 24/7,  constantly - when it's pretty clear, if asking the question / when looking at the squad currently - have they consistently done enough - and the answer for most is no - but for you is yes.

Itā€™s nice and simple

The club runs as self sustainable, stands on its own , uses its own income to spend , doesnā€™t need to rely on a billionaires personal fortune , it should be about who recruits the best , coaches the best , develops their players the best - exactly how the sport used to be for years

And as I said itā€™s now very sad for the sport when itā€™s seen that the only way for success is for a club to spend beyond its means and have ti rely on a rich person spending their own money - so itā€™s not about which club is run the best on and off the pitch but which club has the richest owner

I know which method I prefer all day long.
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #1411: Feb 03, 2023 06:51:25 pm
      It's all about balancing the books  :roll:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1412: Feb 03, 2023 06:54:44 pm
      The club is up for sale, and the owners will consider minority investors.

There's something going on behind the scenes with all the people leaving and the stuff over the doctor.

The twitter/social media supporters have gone off like a f**king atom bomb, the stupid cu*ts, letting it dominate everything to the point where they almost hate the team as much as Evertonians hate theirs.

And the whole circus has clearly irked Klopp, who spent the start of his reign building good vibes only for the crying tw*ts to demand Man City in red.

For years we accused Chelsea of buying trophies , then it was City with no history buying trophies ,

We won multiple trophies by imo doing it the proper way

Now itā€™s all about joining City and Chelsea and getting someone with deep pockets to start buying players
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1413: Feb 03, 2023 06:55:34 pm
      It's all about balancing the books  :roll:

Would you prefer they didnā€™t balance the books and just spent and piled up the debt
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1414: Feb 03, 2023 07:21:12 pm

Itā€™s nice and simple

The club runs as self sustainable, stands on its own , uses its own income to spend , doesnā€™t need to rely on a billionaires personal fortune , it should be about who recruits the best , coaches the best , develops their players the best - exactly how the sport used to be for years

And as I said itā€™s now very sad for the sport when itā€™s seen that the only way for success is for a club to spend beyond its means and have ti rely on a rich person spending their own money - so itā€™s not about which club is run the best on and off the pitch but which club has the richest owner

I know which method I prefer all day long.
      This is a different debate (and that's fair enough). But regardless, I do agree with all the above post. I think those days are looong gone though
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1415: Feb 03, 2023 07:31:42 pm
      This is a different debate (and that's fair enough). But regardless, I do agree with all the above post. I think those days are looong gone though

Itā€™s needs the governing bodies to grow some balls
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1416: Feb 03, 2023 07:50:16 pm
      Itā€™s needs the governing bodies to grow some balls

Spirit of shankly who I don't always agree with suggesred something similar and were accused of being racist by some of our more hysterical fans on social media
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1417: Feb 03, 2023 07:52:40 pm
      Spirit of shankly who I don't always agree with suggesred something similar and were accused of being racist by some of our more hysterical fans on social media

Yep - they got the accusations when they suggested that the owners proper and fit test needs to be more stronger , to ensure the owners have money and also to ensure the money isnā€™t from a state and isnā€™t gained illegally etc
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #1418: Feb 03, 2023 10:22:31 pm
      Would you prefer they didnā€™t balance the books and just spent and piled up the debt
      I'd rather they'd show some ambition and take a risk every now and again. They could have spent a little bit of their own money knowing they'd be making 4bn profit when they eventually sell up.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1419: Feb 03, 2023 10:30:41 pm

FSG will make billions. Billions.
      If they had spent more, it'd still be recovered. No problem.

Completely agree that football in general, the spending, the money etc. is rotten. It's putting me off it tbh.  The decision to have the WC in Qatar. Infantino and his mob of cloying jellyfish.
      But does anyone see anything changing much in the short/medium term?  This is water we have to swim in.

Oh - and would many REALLY be happy for FSG to stay, and spend like that did in the Jan window just gone?
      If they hadn't announced they were leaving, they would be under massive pressure to go anyway.

But FSG had already decided - we're not kicking them out - that THEY want to cash in and collect their winnings.
      They believe now is the right time, and from their point of view, I can see the financial reasons why, looking at 'their product'.

With JĆ¼rgen, Edwards etc, FSG had a team in place to maximise the resources given.
      Could anyone else have achieved what they did with the money available?  Almost impossible.

Think FSG are Saints in a world of corruption?
      Obviously they have done a lot of good, but they also wanted a super league, and some other stupid things they had to row back on.
      They're business men, who yes, ran the club in a fiscally sound manner, and as a result they will likely achieve their end goal - to make a LOT of money - BUT they are leaving us with a squad in need of a lot of work after their under-investment.

They are money men. They're leaving.  New money men will come in. And hopefully they will be able to back us more in the transfer market.  Is that a bad thing, wanting more investment? You make it sound like it is. 
      We need to refresh the team. FSG won't do it.

And even if FSG had not announced they were going, we would NEED them to leave. Their model ran it's course some time back. It's not a perfect world, and the fact is we need owners that are willing to invest more in players than FSG have been doing. It's a step into the unknown, sure, and can only hope whoever comes in is a decent fit.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1420: Feb 03, 2023 10:38:24 pm

Completely agree that football in general, the spending, the money etc. is rotten. It's putting me off it tbh.  The decision to have the WC in Qatar. Infantino and his mob of cloying jellyfish.
      But does anyone see anything changing much in the short/medium term?  This is water we have to swim in.

Oh - and would many REALLY be happy for FSG to stay, and spend like that did in the Jan window just gone?
      If they hadn't announced they were leaving, they would be under massive pressure to go anyway.

But FSG had already decided - we're not kicking them out - that THEY want to cash in and collect their winnings.
      They believe now is the right time, and from their point of view, I can see the financial reasons why, looking at 'their product'.

With JĆ¼rgen, Edwards etc, FSG had a team in place to maximise the resources given.
      Could anyone else have achieved what they did with the money available?  Almost impossible.

Obviously they have done a lot of good, but they also wanted a super league, and some other stupid things they had to row back on.
      They're business men, who yes, ran the club in a fiscally sound manner, and as a result they will likely achieve their end goal - to make a LOT of money - BUT they are leaving us with a squad in need of a lot of work after their under-investment.

They are money men. They're leaving.  New money men will come in. And hopefully they will be able to back us more in the transfer market.  Is that a bad thing, wanting more investment? You make it sound like it is. 

And even if FSG had not announced they were going, we would NEED them to leave. Their model ran it's course some time back. It's not a perfect world, and the fact is we need owners that are willing to invest more in players than FSG have been doing. It's a step into the unknown, sure, and can only hope whoever comes in is a decent fit.

I agree with most of this but I donā€™t consider the super league a stupid idea.
      They knew that that was the only way to get the bonus money needed to compete with the oil clubs. They knew that FFP has failed and saw the super league as a level playing field for the elite.

Personally; I wish we had joined it. Iā€™d rather that than being the next Chelsea and Man City.

But now; like everyone is saying on here ā€œlook, everyone is shop lifting, we should do it as well!ā€

My main gripe with FSG is that they are not football men. They are money men. But without any knowledge of the club they have bought. If they were passionate about our game they may have realised that to compete and stay at the top you need to take a few more calculated risks.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #1421: Feb 03, 2023 10:50:55 pm
      They didn't have to be passionate about football but I think a few more calculated risks could have prevented this second extraordinary dip and ultimately affected the number of trophies in the cabinet.

It costs more to strengthen from a position of weakness. It also costs more as fees and wages go up whilst the likes of Chelsea are disrupting the market with their confetti spending.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1422: Feb 03, 2023 10:55:55 pm

Who exactly would have put them under ā€œmassive pressureā€ to sell just because they only spent Ā£40mil on Jan window ?

So unless an owner spends his own money they must leave the club

Itā€™s what your demanding yet you even admit itā€™s ā€œrottenā€ and putting you off

Did it put you off last season ? Or is always be the case when seeing other clubs spending beyond their means?

And are they leaving ? Or are they looking for an investment into the club

Wander what people would think if they took out a loan , it was spent on a load of players but the debt was paid by the club because the donā€™t have the cash just lying around
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1423: Feb 04, 2023 07:51:51 am
      I agree with most of this but I donā€™t consider the super league a stupid idea.
      They knew that that was the only way to get the bonus money needed to compete with the oil clubs. They knew that FFP has failed and saw the super league as a level playing field for the elite.

Just think a super league compounds the problem of money in the game, rather than addresses it.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1424: Feb 04, 2023 08:00:44 am
      Who exactly would have put them under ā€œmassive pressureā€ to sell just because they only spent Ā£40mil on Jan window ?

So unless an owner spends his own money they must leave the club

So the billions they will make off the back off us - is that 'their own money' ? 
      We're not talking just a few measly hundreds of millions ... rather/likely billions.
      And you DON'T want them to spend more to support JĆ¼rgen - but are happy with them walking off with billions 'of their own money'?

And to be clear - you are also saying that FSGs model had NOT run it's course - is that right?   And that under this model we would be able to sign the quality we need to get back challenging for titles?
      For the right here and now, we know what you are against, just want to try to understand what it is you are for.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1425: Feb 04, 2023 08:30:51 am

Personally; I wish we had joined it. Iā€™d rather that than being the next Chelsea and Man City.

But now; like everyone is saying on here ā€œlook, everyone is shop lifting, we should do it as well!ā€

My main gripe with FSG is that they are not football men. They are money men. But without any knowledge of the club they have bought. If they were passionate about our game they may have realised that to compete and stay at the top you need to take a few more calculated risks.

Bmck pretty spot on for me Bob when I look at the direction your club going in. Obviously I know from past discussions your a fan of the super league. Tell me though! do you go to many matches either now or in the passed?

Reason why I ask is the expense youā€™ll have to go to if your following the diehards that also go to the away matches. From my experience you did well if you could afford a season ticket just for home games let alone the away matches.

Going to these super league away games is basically like booking your  yearly summer holidays. Itā€™s a considerable expense and one that I donā€™t agree fans should have to pay. If a format was put up for the super league then surely theyā€™ll be at least 10 games you have to board a plane? 

Can only speak for myself but I couldnā€™t justify or wanting to spend that type of money to follow my club.

Quick Reply