Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 98460 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #1426: Feb 04, 2023 08:31:39 am
      Just think a super league compounds the problem of money in the game, rather than addresses it.

I totally agree..
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #1427: Feb 04, 2023 08:54:22 am
      My main problem with whats happening is, I dont think we should be bad mouthing and yelling "F**k You" as FSG are going out the door. They did what they said they were going to do. TBH that's a rare thing when it comes to Owners. They were clear about their process of not overspending and buying for direct need and situation. They promised a Title and to fix and add to the stadium. I think if were protesting at games and flying "FSG OUT" banners is a bad look. It makes us look selfish and arrogant. I dont know. I think its a bad look considering what we were before FSG and what we are now.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #1428: Feb 04, 2023 09:36:05 am
      My main problem with whats happening is, I dont think we should be bad mouthing and yelling "F**k You" as FSG are going out the door. They did what they said they were going to do. TBH that's a rare thing when it comes to Owners. They were clear about their process of not overspending and buying for direct need and situation. They promised a Title and to fix and add to the stadium. I think if were protesting at games and flying "FSG OUT" banners is a bad look. It makes us look selfish and arrogant. I dont know. I think its a bad look considering what we were before FSG and what we are now.

Im with you. I don't see them as angels who rescued us, because they got one of the biggest clubs in the world for cheap.

That said, they have been open on how they will operate. They have rebuilt the team on and off the pitch, and they are one of the reasons why we won cl and the title.

I do think they should have spend more to compete with other teams, but overall they have done well imo.

The sad thing is that uefa, fifa and fa only care about the money and the game is fu**ed. If the FFP worked, then FSG would have been the perfect owners. I don't think they deserve to be booed. When the time comes, i will be thanking them for what they have done for us.

As the game is as it is now, unfortunately we need owners who can throw money at the squad, since its the only way to stay at top all the time.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1429: Feb 04, 2023 10:13:18 am

you keep saying were we were before FSG well 2009  we were 2nd in the league and qtr finals of the CL the year before 4th in the league and semi final of the CL you need to stop listening or reading the propaganda and deal with FACTS .
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1430: Feb 04, 2023 10:38:51 am
      you keep saying were we were before FSG well 2009  we were 2nd in the league and qtr finals of the CL the year before 4th in the league and semi final of the CL you need to stop listening or reading the propaganda and deal with FACTS .

Are you really trying to suggest the club was in a good state when FSG bought the club 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

Think we were 12th best players leaving , a mountain of debt and under the control of the banks
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #1431: Feb 04, 2023 10:54:52 am
      Are you really trying to suggest the club was in a good state when FSG bought the club 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

Think we were 12th best players leaving , a mountain of debt and under the control of the banks

The statement only works if you say directly before FSG. Believe or not we've been quite successful under previous owners as well.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1432: Feb 04, 2023 11:11:22 am
      The statement only works if you say directly before FSG. Believe or not we've been quite successful under previous owners as well.

Yes we have had the odd success for a year or two
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1433: Feb 04, 2023 12:14:40 pm

And look what happened. Again F**k all to do with ownership and all to do with managers!! In 2009 we finished 2nd and then Rafa got a piss poor transfer fund and everything went to sh*t  it was still going to sh*t a lot more than now. David Silva lined up by Rafa only for the move to break down as we didn't have a pot to piss in. And still under the ownership of bad yanks!!

We've won the league under FSG!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1434: Feb 04, 2023 12:20:39 pm

Itā€™s nice and simple

The club runs as self sustainable, stands on its own , uses its own income to spend , doesnā€™t need to rely on a billionaires personal fortune , it should be about who recruits the best , coaches the best , develops their players the best - exactly how the sport used to be for years

And as I said itā€™s now very sad for the sport when itā€™s seen that the only way for success is for a club to spend beyond its means and have ti rely on a rich person spending their own money - so itā€™s not about which club is run the best on and off the pitch but which club has the richest owner

I know which method I prefer all day long.

The club has been running itself, it has been self sustaining, we have been standing on our own & been using our own income to spend, we havenā€™t relied on JWH millions cos the tight Cnut wonā€™t spend any of itā€¦ā€¦on us, and yes you are right, it is about who recruits the best, coaches the best & develops their players to be the best, exactly how the sport was and has now moved on, for the worse imo, but the key words are ā€˜Moved Onā€™,

Doing all the above was all well and good in the good old days of build & conquer, but unfortunately those days are consigned to history,  itā€™s no longer about having the best coach, building a team from scratch, improving what players he has to work with, nurturing young players to become the heroes they look up to,

Think most of us believe in the old way being the best way, but sadly itā€™s more about how many Millions it takes to outdo the Millions your rival is spending, weā€™ve already seen a very high bar being raised further with players being bought & sold in the 100ā€™s of Millions, where the F**k will it stop ?

It seems a generation or so ago when Ā£1million drew gasps of air and screams of ā€œfor kicking a bag of f***in airā€ !!!

Ppl say itā€™s the death knell for football as a sport, they said the same when Trevor Francis went to Forest, so what do we do now then Lall ?

Do weā€¦..continue to not invest enough money and fall further behind those who doā€¦OR do we jump on the band wagon and go against the clubā€™s principles, bite the bullet so to speak so we too can join the party of potential winners of titles & tin ??

Caught between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, the land of hope & opportunity or the land of mediocrity or somewhere in between, right now were the inbetweeners, stuck in transition, we canā€™t move forward because no money is available, and we wonā€™t be able to either until either FSG sell and F**k off, or we eventually get bankrolled by some hairy arsed Arab in a dick swinging contest with other like minded hairy arses, and a couple of Yanks,

Again Sadly, this Is the only way forward, itā€™s not how weā€™d like to do conduct our business but, the financial goalposts have shifted, moved on, and we need to do the same if you want your club, our club to continue making history and winning titles & tin, now isnā€™t that Nice & Simple??

Hope over Fear !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1435: Feb 04, 2023 12:21:13 pm
      It's all about balancing the books  :roll:

Yeah F**k financial stability and just spend like the stupid c**t at Chelsea and stockpile players. Still no better than the mighty Reds are they?

Some of the crying shitbags might want to remember that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1436: Feb 04, 2023 12:51:39 pm
      And look what happened. Again f**k all to do with ownership and all to do with managers!! In 2009 we finished 2nd and then Rafa got a piss poor transfer fund and everything went to sh*t  it was still going to sh*t a lot more than now. David Silva lined up by Rafa only for the move to break down as we didn't have a pot to piss in. And still under the ownership of bad yanks!!

We've won the league under FSG!!

big f***in wow 1 league title after 12 years .  THe post I referred to suggested we were a basket case on the field before FSG when we had some incredible success under Rafa and David Moores sold because he could not promise more than about Ā£2omil per season for transfers pretty ironic when you look at our net spend.  Not sure what is going on with Chelsea's finances but reality is those expertswho said Newcastle would take several years to get into the top four are wrong and now we have a big problem which if we dont address  we will be struggling to make top 6 .
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #1437: Feb 04, 2023 01:01:33 pm

Hicks and Gillette had the Club on verge of serious financial disaster and their was talk of administration if FSG didn't take over. Which is also fact.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1438: Feb 04, 2023 01:03:48 pm
      big f***in wow 1 league title after 12 years . 

30 F***ing years!! Saying big wow makes you sound like the stupidest fuckkng spoilt tit going.

But they F***ing did it. Cry as much as you want but for 30 F***ing YEARS all we wanted was to win the league. Klopp and FSG did it!!

Go on about incredible success under Moores and Rafa. One European Cup and and an FA Cup. FSG and Klopp have done that too.

Your also conveniently forgetting G & H and the infighting with Rafa, the protests, nearly going F***ing bust.

Again we are in a better place now than we ever were when Moores or G & H were in charge.

But because were not spending what City, Utd or Chelsea are spending, people wanna bi*ch

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1439: Feb 04, 2023 01:05:29 pm
      big f***in wow 1 league title after 12 years .  THe post I referred to suggested we were a basket case on the field before FSG when we had some incredible success under Rafa and David Moores sold because he could not promise more than about Ā£2omil per season for transfers pretty ironic when you look at our net spend.  Not sure what is going on with Chelsea's finances but reality is those expertswho said Newcastle would take several years to get into the top four are wrong and now we have a big problem which if we dont address  we will be struggling to make top 6 .

That's right, it only takes a season or two to fall behind and it that short space of time others grow stronger and that obviously makes it much harder to compete in terms of buying the best. The added complication is we need more than just one or two decent signings. Our future hangs in the balance for sure.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1440: Feb 04, 2023 01:07:52 pm
      That's right, it only takes a season or two to fall behind and it that short space of time others grow stronger and that obviously makes it much harder to compete in terms of buying the best.

Why is it always about buying? Can't we bring younger players through too?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1441: Feb 04, 2023 01:10:26 pm
      Hicks and Gillette had the Club on verge of serious financial disaster and their was talk of administration if FSG didn't take over. Which is also fact.

Nothing to do with FSG taking over , they were just lucky recipients of our under valuation. You're thinking of the decision by the high Court judge. That's what saved us from administration. But to say things were rosier then would be pure F***ing stupidity and revisionism at it's best.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1442: Feb 04, 2023 01:18:38 pm

The club has been running itself, it has been self sustaining, we have been standing on our own & been using our own income to spend, we havenā€™t relied on JWH millions cos the tight Cnut wonā€™t spend any of itā€¦ā€¦on us, and yes you are right, it is about who recruits the best, coaches the best & develops their players to be the best, exactly how the sport was and has now moved on, for the worse imo, but the key words are ā€˜Moved Onā€™,

Doing all the above was all well and good in the good old days of build & conquer, but unfortunately those days are consigned to history,  itā€™s no longer about having the best coach, building a team from scratch, improving what players he has to work with, nurturing young players to become the heroes they look up to,

Think most of us believe in the old way being the best way, but sadly itā€™s more about how many Millions it takes to outdo the Millions your rival is spending, weā€™ve already seen a very high bar being raised further with players being bought & sold in the 100ā€™s of Millions, where the f**k will it stop ?

It seems a generation or so ago when Ā£1million drew gasps of air and screams of ā€œfor kicking a bag of f***in airā€ !!!

Ppl say itā€™s the death knell for football as a sport, they said the same when Trevor Francis went to Forest, so what do we do now then Lall ?

Do weā€¦..continue to not invest enough money and fall further behind those who doā€¦OR do we jump on the band wagon and go against the clubā€™s principles, bite the bullet so to speak so we too can join the party of potential winners of titles & tin ??

Caught between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, the land of hope & opportunity or the land of mediocrity or somewhere in between, right now were the inbetweeners, stuck in transition, we canā€™t move forward because no money is available, and we wonā€™t be able to either until either FSG sell and F**k off, or we eventually get bankrolled by some hairy arsed Arab in a dick swinging contest with other like minded hairy arses, and a couple of Yanks,

Again Sadly, this Is the only way forward, itā€™s not how weā€™d like to do conduct our business but, the financial goalposts have shifted, moved on, and we need to do the same if you want your club, our club to continue making history and winning titles & tin, now isnā€™t that Nice & Simple??

Hope over Fear !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A

Not sure why people keep saying there is no money to spend when we spent Ā£40mil in the Jan window and we have spent Ā£135mil this season

There will be money available in the summer again , we arenā€™t skint , we just canā€™t spend unlimited levels of money.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1443: Feb 04, 2023 01:29:42 pm
      Why is it always about buying? Can't we bring younger players through too?

Coady, Wilson, Kent,Neco, Brewster,

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-liverpool/jugendarbeit/verein/31

There's the full list. Not many have gone on to prove they should've been kept. A few greats in there so it is vital to keep trying but the odds are stacked against them. Bajcetic and Doak have a chance but there still in the making.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1444: Feb 04, 2023 01:31:46 pm

Under Rafa we won 2 trophies - if thatā€™s incredible what the F**k is the last 5 years

The club is ten times the club it is was before FSG bought the club
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1445: Feb 04, 2023 01:33:29 pm
      30 f**king years!! Saying big wow makes you sound like the stupidest fuckkng spoilt tit going.

But they f**king did it. Cry as much as you want but for 30 F***ing YEARS all we wanted was to win the league. Klopp and FSG did it!!

Go on about incredible success under Moores and Rafa. One European Cup and and an FA Cup. FSG and Klopp have done that too.

Your also conveniently forgetting G & H and the infighting with Rafa, the protests, nearly going f**king bust.

Again we are in a better place now than we ever were when Moores or G & H were in charge.

But because were not spending what City, Utd or Chelsea are spending, people wanna bi*ch

Itā€™s staggering that people are attempting to make out the club was in a better position before FSG took over
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1446: Feb 04, 2023 01:47:31 pm
      Coady, Wilson, Kent,Neco, Brewster,

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-liverpool/jugendarbeit/verein/31

There's the full list. Not many have gone on to prove they should've been kept. A few greats in there so it is vital to keep trying but the odds are stacked against them. Bajcetic and Doak have a chance but there still in the making.

Think it's a little bit more than a chance with Bajcetic and Doak, plus Kelleher too!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1447: Feb 04, 2023 01:49:51 pm
      That's right, it only takes a season or two to fall behind and it that short space of time others grow stronger and that obviously makes it much harder to compete in terms of buying the best. The added complication is we need more than just one or two decent signings. Our future hangs in the balance for sure.

ā€œFuture hangs in the balanceā€ 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

Christ are we overreacting a touch
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1448: Feb 04, 2023 01:50:27 pm

no it isnt plenty of interest in Liverpool even when the other tw*ts from across the Atlantic bled us dry but interestingly what they took from the club is chicken feed compared to what FSG will take out of it.

Quick Reply