Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 98343 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #2116: Feb 25, 2023 11:54:03 pm
      So all of this posturing and rumour making spin by the owners only led to unsettle the actual staff, manager and team oh announcement before a Champion league game too just to add more we are in charge onus on the whole thing, ahh wow what inconsiderate owners we have, such a clumsy bunch of fake tw*ts. I detest them.

When you put it like that, it does seem to have been a massive own goal by our owners.
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #2117: Feb 26, 2023 09:55:09 am
      They never had any intention of selling the club.. it was a smokescreen to have an excuse for not giving JĂźrgen any money to fix the midfield problems. They waited a couple of weeks after the Window had shut to announce its not up for sale anymore.

Next transfer window they're going to use the excuse that they didn't get the investment they needed and that we didn't qualify for the UCL.

Club up for sale again around Oct 2024, and once again not up for sale again in Feb 2025.

They will eventually sell up in 2025 when the new NBA stadium is fully built by Jackie Robinson in Las Vegas, they will buy the project off of him for €3.5bn and FSG and LeBron will own the first NBA team to play out of Las Vegas.

That's my prediction.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2118: Feb 26, 2023 11:25:14 am
      They never had any intention of selling the club.. it was a smokescreen to have an excuse for not giving JĂźrgen any money to fix the midfield problems. They waited a couple of weeks after the Window had shut to announce its not up for sale anymore.

Next transfer window they're going to use the excuse that they didn't get the investment they needed and that we didn't qualify for the UCL.

Club up for sale again around Oct 2024, and once again not up for sale again in Feb 2025.

They will eventually sell up in 2025 when the new NBA stadium is fully built by Jackie Robinson in Las Vegas, they will buy the project off of him for €3.5bn and FSG and LeBron will own the first NBA team to play out of Las Vegas.
      That's my prediction.

FSG never said they were selling the club, their modus operandi was to persuade an investor to buy into LFC therefore create some capital to address their failure of backing the manager financially.

The underlying issue is no investor will back an owner who refuses to invest in the proven asset that is LFC.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #2119: Feb 26, 2023 11:30:00 am
      Missing out on the CL won’t change the value and it won’t decline

I think it does if a team doesnt qualify for more then a couple of seasons. Not saying it will happen to us, but in generally.

Less tv time and less income from not playing in champions league will surely lead to a less value of the club. A season or two won't do that but being away for more then couple of season would hurt the club.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2120: Feb 26, 2023 12:14:55 pm
      I think it does if a team doesnt qualify for more then a couple of seasons. Not saying it will happen to us, but in generally.

Less tv time and less income from not playing in champions league will surely lead to a less value of the club. A season or two won't do that but being away for more then couple of season would hurt the club.

No doubt the hypothesis you suggest was behind the decision to put a part of LFC up for sale!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2121: Feb 26, 2023 12:16:55 pm
      I mean maybe we're not actively for sale.

I think any business is saleable if the right offer comes in but maybe we weren't as open to a sale as the social media reports made believe.

Pretty sure Tom Werner said they were “exploring” a sale. My opinion is they thought when word got out in the media that we were for sale, they’d have people knocking down their door with 5b offers left and right. When it didn’t happen, they settled on the “investment” angle hoping supporters would be placated thinking that meant there would be fresh money to rebuild the squad and compete with the likes of City. That’s just my take. Just because FSG didn’t make an official statement that they were selling the club doesn’t mean we weren’t put in the shop window.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2122: Feb 26, 2023 02:42:37 pm

Depends on which gang of beheaders want to buy us!! Not many at the moment by the looks of things. Maybe FSG don't think they're not the right Guardians etc etc :laugh:
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #2123: Feb 26, 2023 03:34:01 pm
      For the value to change we need to be missing out on UCL for 3 seasons or more. 1 season out of the CL won't change much look at United for example.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2124: Feb 26, 2023 03:42:20 pm
      For the value to change we need to be missing out on UCL for 3 seasons or more. 1 season out of the CL won't change much look at United for example.
      I think the difference there is

Klopp: Come play for us
      Target: Sorry, you can't offer me Champions league football

Ten Hag: Come play for us
      Target: Sorry, you can't offer me Champions league football
      Ten Hag: We'll give you ÂŁ400,000 a week
      Target: Where do I sign!?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2125: Feb 26, 2023 04:43:39 pm

United have a bigger ground and everything put in place in the 90s is why they can still motor on making big signings even when not in the Big Ears competition.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2126: Feb 26, 2023 05:16:51 pm
      So all of this posturing and rumour making spin by the owners only led to unsettle the actual staff, manager and team oh announcement before a Champion league game too just to add more we are in charge onus on the whole thing, ahh wow what inconsiderate owners we have, such a clumsy bunch of fake tw*ts. I detest them.

You really think professional players and managers would allow what the media to post daily to affect how they play

The owners looking for investment has sweet FA to do with the players not performing currently - and if they go affecting by wannabe ITK then they should find another profession.

They only people that got their knickers in a twist about it all were social media fans dribbling on each day people buying us .
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2127: Feb 26, 2023 05:22:04 pm
      They clearly got excited at how much Chelsea went for and wanted a slice of that.

Now it's become clear that they won't get their valuation they want to hang on to us and give us this fantasy about investment that will never happen anyway as we've been open to it for years yet no one is interested.

Potential buyers may be thinking they could hold fire and a couple more years of 4-5 clubs outspending us may see FSG more desperate to sell.
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #2128: Feb 26, 2023 06:50:47 pm
      I hope people realise that when these investors buy a chunk of Liverpool that the money they pay FSG won’t be going directly into the club. We may have a couple hundred million spent but the billions that are being quoted is for FSGs NBA franchise

Don’t be fooled by these guys. They are smart and calculate every move, that includes their press releases.

For me they’ve took us as far as they can.

I wonder if the U turn in a sale has had anything to do with this white paper that’s been published.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2129: Feb 26, 2023 07:14:42 pm
      I hope people realise that when these investors buy a chunk of Liverpool that the money they pay FSG won’t be going directly into the club. We may have a couple hundred million spent but the billions that are being quoted is for FSGs NBA franchise

Don’t be fooled by these guys. They are smart and calculate every move, that includes their press releases.

For me they’ve took us as far as they can.

I wonder if the U turn in a sale has had anything to do with this white paper that’s been published.

The billons being quoted is to sell the club - if they do sell the club then they would of course prob use that money to either buy a NBA or NFL team

If they sell a stake in Liverpool it won’t be for a huge amount and they will certainly keep the money within the club even if it pays off all the loans etc
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #2130: Feb 26, 2023 07:34:21 pm

The billons being quoted is to sell the club - if they do sell the club then they would of course prob use that money to either buy a NBA or NFL team

If they sell a stake in Liverpool it won’t be for a huge amount and they will certainly keep the money within the club even if it pays off all the loans etc

A minority stake is anything below 50%
      Club is valued around 4 billion. So even if they sell 25% they are in for a lot of money.
      Interesting to see how it unfolds
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2131: Feb 26, 2023 07:36:41 pm
      A minority stake is anything below 50%
      Club is valued around 4 billion. So even if they sell 25% they are in for a lot of money.
      Interesting to see how it infolds

I don’t expect any initial investment to be anything more than 10% with any investors then looking to build from there.

It’s why I still think Redbird will be involved- they will take small minority investments until they sell AC Milan and then a full takeover a number of years down the line.
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #2132: Feb 26, 2023 07:45:33 pm
      I don’t expect any initial investment to be anything more than 10% with any investors then looking to build from there.

It’s why I still think Redbird will be involved- they will take small minority investments until they sell AC Milan and then a full takeover a number of years down the line.

Personally can’t see it being RedBird. Only bought ac Milan in the summer.
      Lot of investment needed in Milan, mainly a new stadium.
      Think we are out of their price range as well tbh, their current assets aren’t much more all together than what we are valued at.

Don’t think they’d bring anything more to the table than FSG currently do.

Like i said will be interesting to see how it unfolds over the next few months. Sounds like something is close
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2133: Feb 26, 2023 07:48:20 pm
      Personally can’t see it being RedBird. Only bought ac Milan in the summer.
      Lot of investment needed in Milan, mainly a new stadium.
      Think we are out of their price range as well tbh, their current assets aren’t much more all together than what we are valued at.

Don’t think they’d bring anything more to the table than FSG currently do.

Like i said will be interesting to see how it unfolds over the next few months. Sounds like something is close

It’s going to be a US investment- that’s the market they know , it will be someone who already owns a US sports team
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #2134: Mar 01, 2023 12:43:42 am

You really think professional players and managers would allow what the media to post daily to affect how they play

The owners looking for investment has sweet FA to do with the players not performing currently - and if they go affecting by wannabe ITK then they should find another profession.

They only people that got their knickers in a twist about it all were social media fans dribbling on each day people buying us .

Forget social media, I'm getting sick of this oh it's twitter talk, I personally don't use twitter but this is like oh upper class vs people who use twitter.
      I also apologise for the strong language to everyone, I try not to use it in written form or in life but when I'm speaking a swear word usually comes out sounding like any word, no aggression, I don't shout swear words in the pub like many do but don't really mind it, I'm just not a shouty sweary person.
      So football is unique in that if the owners are saying all your futures and the home you are in may be in the balance ooeeoo but you never know, that won't unsettle them? Common sense says that yes that would lead to a lot of unsurety no matter if those people are mega rich or everyday people, same diff.

I think the dismissive social media quips all over the gaff quite unrealistic, it's kind of how people talk in real life without all the pc brigade coming out of the woodwork, then retreating leaving nothing of value other than shutting down expression of thought.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2135: Mar 01, 2023 08:38:39 am
      Forget social media, I'm getting sick of this oh it's twitter talk, I personally don't use twitter but this is like oh upper class vs people who use twitter.
      I also apologise for the strong language to everyone, I try not to use it in written form or in life but when I'm speaking a swear word usually comes out sounding like any word, no aggression, I don't shout swear words in the pub like many do but don't really mind it, I'm just not a shouty sweary person.
      So football is unique in that if the owners are saying all your futures and the home you are in may be in the balance ooeeoo but you never know, that won't unsettle them? Common sense says that yes that would lead to a lot of unsurety no matter if those people are mega rich or everyday people, same diff.

I think the dismissive social media quips all over the gaff quite unrealistic, it's kind of how people talk in real life without all the pc brigade coming out of the woodwork, then retreating leaving nothing of value other than shutting down expression of thought.

Sorry but when did the owners say that “your future and homes are in the balance”

In what way would selling a club affect the players
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #2136: Mar 01, 2023 12:32:02 pm
      Sorry but when did the owners say that “your future and homes are in the balance”

In what way would selling a club affect the players
      Your persona on here is very tiresome, don't act like a stooge, I see you freaking out on RAWK and acting like a very different person, Stop with your fake quotes and shrugs, you know what I meant, don't act soft, I don't to and fro with people who want to pretend or remain stupid and more importantly fake liars. You and the owners have that in common fake and liars. No real ill will meant towards you or venom.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #2137: Mar 01, 2023 03:23:35 pm
      https://twitter.com/samwallacetel/status/1630871985977786371?s=46&t=H2pGJ6ceZK8a71SqWzVG1g

Owner is a hard-core Trump supporter, very rich though. As minority owners won't be an issue but if they buy the club in the future I could see our Muslim players feeling uncomfortable though.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2138: Mar 01, 2023 06:18:27 pm
      https://twitter.com/samwallacetel/status/1630871985977786371?s=46&t=H2pGJ6ceZK8a71SqWzVG1g

Owner is a hard-core Trump supporter, very rich though. As minority owners won't be an issue but if they buy the club in the future I could see our Muslim players feeling uncomfortable though.

Why would the Muslim players feel uncomfortable

Quick Reply