Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Derby?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      54 (84.4%)
      Calvin Ramsay
      2 (3.1%)
      Nat Phillips
      2 (3.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      0 (0%)
      Bobby Clark
      1 (1.6%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      2 (3.1%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      1 (1.6%)
      Melkamu Frauendorf
      0 (0%)
      Layton Stewart
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Ben Doak
      2 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Nov 13, 2022 10:05:22 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Derby County: (3-2 pens) In game and Post Match discussion

Read 8456 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Derby County: (3-2 pens) In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #230: Nov 09, 2022 10:45:40 pm
      Full credit to Derby fans. Gave great support. Paid their respects at Hillsborough memorial earlier. Bad luck lads, look out for your results.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #231: Nov 09, 2022 11:08:36 pm
      Kelleher has saved more penalties in shoot outs than anyone in Liverpool’s entire history

https://twitter.com/iandoylesport/status/1590470586626498560?s=46&t=46CkqaMhOJnBPrpiaxC0xg
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #232: Nov 09, 2022 11:32:04 pm
      Ramsay keeps looking like a player to me. I think we have something there. Couple of the young lads look promising. Unfortunately for Ox, he didn't really separate himself from the kids. Glad to finally get the win, hate penalties though. Kelleher was immense.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #233: Nov 09, 2022 11:57:04 pm
      If we get the right result against Southampton we will have won 8 out of the 10 games leading up to the World Cup which is a lot more promising than the first few months of the season.

But the issue is that the two we lost should be on board too. They were not teams on our level but got a brilliant result against us.

Kelleher, Doak and Ramsey well done 👍
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #234: Nov 10, 2022 12:08:31 am
      Am I right that the League Cup 4th round is due to be played before Christmas?

I'm being honest here, I was kind of looking forward to the early winter break.

Doubt we will even have first team players on the bench if that's true.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #235: Nov 10, 2022 06:39:58 am
      Kelleher easily motm last night one hell of a keeper and as many have already pointed out we can expect a fair few bids for him in the summer the lad is excellent.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #236: Nov 10, 2022 07:15:51 am
      Am I right that the League Cup 4th round is due to be played before Christmas?

I'm being honest here, I was kind of looking forward to the early winter break.

Doubt we will even have first team players on the bench if that's true.

Probably 20-21st December yep. Would expect no World Cup player to be involved but might be a useful game to get some match sharpness back into the lads that have stayed at home?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #237: Nov 10, 2022 09:02:27 am
      Mission complete. Young lads played and won.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #238: Nov 10, 2022 09:36:53 am
      I knew Kelleher was good at pens but that surpassed my expectations, thanks to him we are through.
      Tbh no one really stood out in the game and Ox does my head in, because you just know when he eventually plays he will be selfish trying to prove something because he's scored in the past from outside the box, the ball goes to him and he's not thinking about the team, he's thinking about his own glory, does my head in, don't want to see him play for us again.
      That young goalie can move like a spaghetti wizard, some team is going to be very pleased if he does move for first team football, because he is an all round great goalie, distribution etc too.
      As was mentioned by a couple of people, if Gomez does another no look back pass, I'll shave off his can't grow a full beard, what's with that 'beard'? Scruffy face scruffy football, and sell him.
      It was good effort by the team for energy whole game but no one really stood out that much for me to go oh yeah, good moments from a few players, rush of blood to the head when it came to the crunch which is to be expected even senior players have that, Ox comes on and has only a rush of blood to the head and no in between every time.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #239: Nov 10, 2022 09:38:28 am
      Probably 20-21st December yep. Would expect no World Cup player to be involved but might be a useful game to get some match sharpness back into the lads that have stayed at home?

Load of kids Mo and Bobby. The 2 Scots at full back and some of those kids again.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #240: Nov 10, 2022 10:09:24 am
      One thing I noticed in the penalties was their keeper came a yard off his line for nearly every penalty and wasn't pulled about it once.

Referee and linesman doing a sterling job.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #241: Nov 10, 2022 10:21:36 am
      One thing I noticed in the penalties was their keeper came a yard off his line for nearly every penalty and wasn't pulled about it once.

Yeah! See how inconsistent officiating is because last season they made a thing of that and now ah well anything goes, It shouldn't be overlooked just because we won.
       btw their managers bobble wooly hat is so stupid, I'm glad we beat them, he's got it on in the post match interview too, he's a strange banter guy from what he's coming out with, likable guy in a way but still can't stand his bobble girly hat.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #242: Nov 10, 2022 10:46:36 am
      Load of kids Mo and Bobby. The 2 Scots at full back and some of those kids again.

Diaz will be back for then . Milner , Ox,Naby ,Matip,Gomez ,Ramsey, Mo ,Bobby with a few youngsters
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #243: Nov 10, 2022 10:51:07 am

We all noticed that  ;D

Even the ref noticed, and just had a little chat after each time. "I'll let that go, don't do it again" x infinity :roll:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #244: Nov 10, 2022 12:24:00 pm
      I’m hoping in all hope we never see Ox again in a club shirt, there are kids at the academy that he is holding back, Naby the same, tbf though to Ox he hasn’t been the same since his injury, however he has had opportunities to improve but the sad thing is he hasn’t  so therefore to me he should bow out now and allow someone else the same opportunity he had way back in his Saints days, in Naby’s case we should just give him to to some lab rat to experiment on and find out why he’s so fragile,

If you think the trappings of our academy isn’t working then you are as blind as Stevie Wonder is wearing a blindfold, a few stand outs last night were, Ramsey, Bajcetic, Fruendorff, Stewart, remember some of  these lads were debutants  and probably nervous so fair play to them, but but young Ben Doak he is special this lad, we only seen 10 mins but ‘Kinell’ talk about making a impression??

Felt for Derby tbh, in the old days they would have deserved a replay, but quality shone thru again for us and Kells has to be the best No2 in the prem, this fella is just ice cold, nothing seems to faze him, and no I don’t think he’ll want to play anywhere else, unless someone offers silly money like £50m, that’s the price I’d put on his head right now, he’s that good !!

Well done lads, into the next round where they will get another chance to shine !!
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #245: Nov 10, 2022 12:35:03 pm
      I’m hoping in all hope we never see Ox again in a club shirt, there are kids at the academy that he is holding back, Naby the same, tbf though to Ox he hasn’t been the same since his injury, however he has had opportunities to improve but the sad thing is he hasn’t  so therefore to me he should bow out now and allow someone else the same opportunity he had way back in his Saints days, in Naby’s case we should just give him to to some lab rat to experiment on and find out why he’s so fragile,

If you think the trappings of our academy isn’t working then you are as blind as Stevie Wonder is wearing a blindfold, a few stand outs last night were, Ramsey, Bajcetic, Fruendorff, Stewart, remember some of  these lads were debutants  and probably nervous so fair play to them, but but young Ben Doak he is special this lad, we only seen 10 mins but ‘Kinell’ talk about making a impression??

Felt for Derby tbh, in the old days they would have deserved a replay, but quality shone thru again for us and Kells has to be the best No2 in the prem, this fella is just ice cold, nothing seems to faze him, and no I don’t think he’ll want to play anywhere else, unless someone offers silly money like £50m, that’s the price I’d put on his head right now, he’s that good !!

Well done lads, into the next round where they will get another chance to shine !!
      Ramsey isn't from our academy and doak did a brave impressive run then fluffed the rest? Wow so glorious this academy, I mean seriously is that it? We should be like Ajex pumping out great players into our first team, we are just as crap as we've been for ages, Nothing has been expanded even with the new training ground.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #246: Nov 10, 2022 12:39:52 pm
      Ramsey isn't from our academy and doak did a brave impressive run then fluffed the rest? Wow so glorious this academy, I mean seriously is that it? We should be like Ajex pumping out great players into our first team, we are just as crap as we've been for ages, Nothing has been expanded even with the new training ground.

Way to belittle Doak's first team debut.

I do find it funny how Internet slobs think they can just spit dismissive bile even for a 10 minute cameo for a 16 year old kid
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #247: Nov 10, 2022 12:40:48 pm

Come on now crispy...that's not right or fair. Getting into this team from the academy is 10 times harder than it used to be. Everybody including you demand instant success. We spend £80m on Nunez and within weeks insults abound..Carroll lookalike etc. Now you demand instant success from mostly young lads learning their trade, Very ordinary post crispy.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #248: Nov 10, 2022 12:42:00 pm
      Way to belittle Doak's first team debut.

I do find it funny how Internet slobs think they can just instantly spit dismissive bile even for a 10 minute cameo for a 16 year old kid
      Ooo wow forgive me for watching Lfc and expecting good players in the team, Doak did fine, where did I say otherwise you creepy meff?
      Ps In fact don't reply you said way to etc, eek leave me be, once you say that your opinion means nothing.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #249: Nov 10, 2022 01:47:03 pm
      Ooo wow forgive me for watching Lfc and expecting good players in the team, Doak did fine, where did I say otherwise you creepy meff?
      Ps In fact don't reply you said way to etc, eek leave me be, once you say that your opinion means nothing.

You're just making a tit of yourself now
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #250: Nov 10, 2022 02:01:04 pm
      On the penalty front I had a discussion many moons ago here or wherever about the best way to save pens. A lot of keepers decide which way to dive even before the kick is taken, which is why you see so many fling themselves the wrong way. Been said that they have little chance as a well struck pen will nearly always beat them so to counter that they dive slightly early thinking that gives them a better chance to make a save.

My view is it's far better to stand, I mean yes distract the taker, but stand and watch the ball and let your instinct take over. Many pens aren't struck cleanly or are side footed so if you keep your eye firmly on the ball and don't decide which way to dive you have a far better chance.

If it is struck with power and accuracy you have little chance anyway. But not all pens are struck powerfully. I think Kelleher uses this 'wait and see' policy rather than the educated guesswork pre determined dive.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #251: Nov 10, 2022 02:14:48 pm

Well pardon me for being f***in born, your the only one looking like a f***in tit, Doak was on for ten minutes fuckstick, and did more in that ten mins than most, what sort of Cnut are you to diss a 16 year old lad making his debut for one of the world’s best football clubs, your right though we’re not knocking out player after player like Ajax, but what we do do well is nurture those who show plenty of potential, and that’s all anyone can ever ask of academy players,

who knows how successful any of the academy prospects will fare long term but, I’ll tell you f***in what , they won’t get a better chance to do so under Alex Inglethorpe, he’s the academy manager in case you didn’t know, you ignorant Cnut, he along with his staff work closely with Jürgen and have a system in place to prepare those kids as ready as they can possibly be, and that you Tit is why the likes of Ben Doak, Frauendorf, Stewart, Clarke, and all the rest of the lads from the U12 - U21 at the academy will get at the Axa,

Get back to your PlayStation with yer FIFA game sh*te, your clearly not suited to live in the real world !!!

W⚓️

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #252: Nov 10, 2022 02:42:13 pm
      some nice words from the Derby manager about 7ft Klopp apparently, he wasnt offered the same courtesy from Pep not a big surprise really.

Quick Reply