Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Derby?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      54 (84.4%)
      Calvin Ramsay
      2 (3.1%)
      Nat Phillips
      2 (3.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      0 (0%)
      Bobby Clark
      1 (1.6%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      2 (3.1%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      1 (1.6%)
      Melkamu Frauendorf
      0 (0%)
      Layton Stewart
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Ben Doak
      2 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Nov 13, 2022 10:05:22 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Derby County: (3-2 pens) In game and Post Match discussion

Read 8469 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Derby County: (3-2 pens) In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Nov 10, 2022 04:04:05 pm
      Ooo wow forgive me for watching Lfc and expecting good players in the team, Doak did fine, where did I say otherwise you creepy meff?
      Ps In fact don't reply you said way to etc, eek leave me be, once you say that your opinion means nothing.

What a lovely fella you are...
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #254: Nov 10, 2022 05:14:09 pm
      Didn't know a lot about Ben Doak. As it happens he's 17 tomorrow. We signed him from Celtic in July this year. He's played one game for them. I mean it's all potential so we can't just expect him to progress from here as if it's written.

The energy of all the academy players was fantastic. They pressed from the start. First team used to press like that. Just hope these players get more chances. They certainly deserve it.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #255: Nov 10, 2022 11:16:36 pm
      Drawn away to Man City in the next round. Nuther chance to put one over on Pep. Pace will be key.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #256: Nov 11, 2022 12:06:08 am
      Drawn away to Man City in the next round. Nuther chance to put one over on Pep. Pace will be key.

They haven't beaten us for ages
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #257: Nov 11, 2022 08:36:37 am
      They haven't beaten us for ages

They will be up for this one.

1st game back after WC though. ffs.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #258: Nov 11, 2022 10:09:30 am
      What a lovely fella you are...

I was thinking has Trump invaded our forum.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #259: Nov 11, 2022 11:23:07 am
      Didn't know a lot about Ben Doak. As it happens he's 17 tomorrow. We signed him from Celtic in July this year. He's played one game for them. I mean it's all potential so we can't just expect him to progress from here as if it's written.

The energy of all the academy players was fantastic. They pressed from the start. First team used to press like that. Just hope these players get more chances. They certainly deserve it.

I Can tell my Celtic pals were ragin when we signed him, still are tbh. l o l

He has shown why, smashing it at all levels hes played so far.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #260: Nov 11, 2022 11:49:42 am
      They will be up for this one.

1st game back after WC though. ffs.

They put out a strong 11 V Chelsea. Plenty of Prem experience in their team. We will need to put out something similar. A line up of inexperienced youngsters would be a huge leap of faith. Yes some will play but we will have to go a lot stronger....

Or just park the bus and let Kelleher do the rest..
      « Last Edit: Nov 11, 2022 11:57:53 am by Harrisimo »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #261: Nov 11, 2022 12:20:46 pm
      They put out a strong 11 V Chelsea. Plenty of Prem experience in their team. We will need to put out something similar. A line up of inexperienced youngsters would be a huge leap of faith. Yes some will play but we will have to go a lot stronger....

Oh I have no doubt our team will be as strong as it can be, but will be dependant on when the WC players have returned.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #262: Nov 11, 2022 01:35:54 pm
      Oh I have no doubt our team will be as strong as it can be, but will be dependant on when the WC players have returned.

They have double the players in Quatar than us. Diaz should be healthy, and it's not out the realm to start a front line of Diaz, Bobby, and Mo. We will certainly utilize a younger squad, because Klopp sees this competition as a way to give the kids their chance to prove themselves. However, I think you see a stronger than normal side.

Kellher
      Robbo
      Phillips
      Gomez
      Ramsay

Thiago
      Barjetic

Carvalho
      Bobby
      Mo

We win
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #263: Nov 11, 2022 02:11:00 pm
      They have double the players in Quatar than us. Diaz should be healthy, and it's not out the realm to start a front line of Diaz, Bobby, and Mo. We will certainly utilize a younger squad, because Klopp sees this competition as a way to give the kids their chance to prove themselves. However, I think you see a stronger than normal side.

Kellher
      Robbo
      Phillips
      Gomez
      Ramsay

Thiago
      Barjetic

Carvalho
      Bobby
      Mo

We win

Nice team. 1 Player short tho. l o l

Matip & Diaz probably fit by then too.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #264: Nov 11, 2022 02:45:58 pm
      Nice team. 1 Player short tho. l o l

Matip & Diaz probably fit by then too.

;D. That's how confident I am, give them a man advantage. Still win
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #265: Nov 11, 2022 03:37:36 pm

The worst game plan we could go with.

ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #266: Nov 16, 2022 12:00:08 am
      Quote from bazspeedman
      He's absolutely brilliant isn't he.

Expect big bids for him in the Summer will be tough to hold on to him

Was never concerned about the shoot out with him in goal, as he's invincible at them. He probably would have saved another three if needed. He's faultless, and it's a crying shame that he's been ignored by the manager and largely forgotten about by everyone else since the cup final, but at least he can have the next game after the break, even if it is City away. One thing he won't need to worry about is a lack of things to do.

Dreadful game as expected. When you have a team full of inexperienced players who have never played together or not at all at this level, it's no longer a first team as we know it, but a team that the opposition can deal with. The scattergun line ups across the board have already seen a number of contenders for the competition kicked out, and this game looked a 0-0 banker from midway through the first half. People were even leaving before the end, but I'll never fear a penalty shoot out with Caoimhin around to keep them out.

Quick Reply