Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre match: Liverpool vs Southampton - EPL: Saturday 12th November, KO 3pm

Read 4905 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Pre match: Liverpool vs Southampton - EPL: Saturday 12th November, KO 3pm
      Nov 11, 2022 08:20:29 pm
      Well, bit late for this topic to get to page 2 let alone page 3.

Obviously we know Klopp will be shouting from the stands as the Leagues brightest minds want their pound of flesh.

Southampton may have a new Manager bounce, but let's hope they get turned over.

Team news, well I'm not too sure who'll play, but after last weekends nice little win away to Spurs, lets prey we can carry the winning momentum into the pointless Winter Break that the EPL don't want, but the World Cup has given us.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool vs Southampton - EPL: Saturday 12th November, KO 3pm
      Reply #1: Nov 11, 2022 08:23:01 pm
      Allison

TAA
      Konate
      VVD
      Robbo

Thiago
      Fabinho
      Henderson

Nunez
      Bobby
      Mo
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2: Nov 11, 2022 09:18:59 pm
      Allison

TAA
      Konate
      VVD
      Robbo

Thiago
      Fabinho
      Henderson

Nunez
      Bobby
      Mo

That should do it 😊
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #3: Nov 11, 2022 09:45:38 pm
      Let's go into the break with a win and three polnts for the Reds !
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #4: Nov 11, 2022 10:21:01 pm
      Allison

TAA
      Konate
      VVD
      Robbo

Thiago
      Fabinho
      Henderson

Nunez
      Bobby
      Mo

Won't be far off . Would be mine anyway only question mark is whether Henderson starts
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #5: Nov 11, 2022 10:54:56 pm
      Elliott deserves the nod in midfield, think he's done really well in recent weeks and is arguably the in form man in that position right now.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #6: Nov 11, 2022 10:57:27 pm
      Won't be far off . Would be mine anyway only question mark is whether Henderson starts

Agree. Would rather see Harvey than Hendo. I imagine internationals all over the planet will be walking.on eggshells during their matches this weekend.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #7: Nov 11, 2022 11:50:39 pm
      Be nice to finish off with a win before the long WC break. Worry about the new manager bounce with Soton combine with a few of our guys minds looking ahead to the World Cup.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #8: Nov 12, 2022 12:02:05 am
      I'd be happy to see Oxlade Chamberlain feature somewhere in the game as a reward for a decent showing the other night..Be interesting to see how he'd fare with the "better" players around him.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #9: Nov 12, 2022 08:12:15 am
      Agree. Would rather see Harvey than Hendo. I imagine internationals all over the planet will be walking.on eggshells during their matches this weekend.

Was thinking the same, I’d put up as close to a non WC 11 as possible. Is Konate going?

Just checked and see that he is.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #10: Nov 12, 2022 08:29:21 am
      Elliott deserves the nod in midfield, think he's done really well in recent weeks and is arguably the in form man in that position right now.

I actually think his form warranted being considered as a late addition to the WC squad for England. For my mind he has been playing better than Connor Gallagher who is making the trip. If it was a summer tournament I think he’d be in the running for sure
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #11: Nov 12, 2022 09:31:09 am
      I'd be happy to see Oxlade Chamberlain feature somewhere in the game as a reward for a decent showing the other night..Be interesting to see how he'd fare with the "better" players around him.

You are kiddin, right ? The only time I wanna see Ox again in a Red shirt is if he represents a LFC foundation X1, our recent fall of the cliff was mainly due to ageing legs, playing Ox only compounds that issue, it’s time to start using the younger lads more, I’d prefer to see Bajcetic maybe or Carv even, Ox offers F**k all and only looked good against what was essentially a Div 1 X1,

We’re playing Southampton, not a top 4 side, not that that matters much, their still a difficult opponent, let’s be honest here, Ox’s days with us are counting down, and his involvement only hamper’s someone else’s progress, it’s not a slur on Alex it’s simply the case of moving forward and bringing a freshness into the team.   In a 4-2-3-1…….

Allison
                                                      Trent.  Konate   Virgil   Robbo
                                                             Hendo.      Bajcetic       
                                                         Elliot.    Thiago    Nunez
                                                                      Salah

If you have watched us of late you would have noticed a good understanding between Mo & Nunez, they will feed off each other, with Thiago & Elliot joining the dots and providing the bullets in the final third, Hendo & Baj protecting with Hendo covering for Trent joining in the attack, and Robbo attacking from the left, we seen Konate carry the ball out from the back similar to what Joel does and Virgil will do what Virgil does best,

Can’t see Saint's giving us too many woes tbh, however that doesn’t mean we can be lax or complacent, we need these three points as much as if they gave us the title, then we can relax for 5/6 weeks for FIFA’s corruption filled WC debacle.

Who knows what state we could be in by then, ‘One day we’ll be Billionaires’ someone once said, maybe it was John H  & Tom W, Boston’s equivalent of Del Boy & Rodney(Dave) ??

4-0 Mighty Redmen

Y  N  W  A

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12: Nov 12, 2022 09:33:51 am
      Just need to get the 3 points, would settle for a scrappy 1-0.

Ally
      TAA Konate VVD Robbo
      Elliot Fab Thiago
      Mo Bob Nunez
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #13: Nov 12, 2022 10:50:43 am
      Can't see Soton coming into our half too much..fear of the white line syndrome. So again I say switch it quick. We have to see Mo & Nunez getting a yard or so, the quick darting run..and play the pass..spin the wheel..give these players a chance to get the drop on their defense.

No more slip up's against these "ale 'ouse" teams..
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #14: Nov 12, 2022 10:55:51 am

Agree. Elliott just gives us that bit more. He seems to be working on the defensive side to his game too.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #15: Nov 12, 2022 11:19:40 am
      The line up is:

Ali

Trent
      Konate
      Vvd
      Robbo

Thiago
      Fab
      Harvey

Mo
      Nunez
      Doak
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #16: Nov 12, 2022 11:27:17 am
      The line up is:

Ali

Trent
      Konate
      Vvd
      Robbo

Thiago
      Fab
      Harvey

Mo
      Nunez
      Doak

Doak ? Ballsy -would be great to see
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #17: Nov 12, 2022 11:46:29 am

It certainly would be but nah, can’t see Jürgen putting the lad under that amount  of pressure, he’s a very excited prospect that we have but  it’s too early for him, the odd 15/20 in the cup games will help him develop but he’s far from ready, plus he’s Scottish so he’s extra special, we don’t produce so many top class  players these day’s, if he were English he’d be f***in ruined already 😜

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #18: Nov 12, 2022 12:28:50 pm
      Would love to see young doak on the bench today as we are a bit short of attacking options. Would expect the same team as against spurs
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #19: Nov 12, 2022 01:13:14 pm

It certainly would be but nah, can’t see Jürgen putting the lad under that amount  of pressure, he’s a very excited prospect that we have but  it’s too early for him, the odd 15/20 in the cup games will help him develop but he’s far from ready, plus he’s Scottish so he’s extra special, we don’t produce so many top class  players these day’s, if he were English he’d be f***in ruined already 😜

I haven’t just pulled it out my arse, it’s the confirmed line up.

Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #20: Nov 12, 2022 01:15:40 pm
      I haven’t just pulled it out my arse, it’s the confirmed line up.
      And how did you get access to the line up then?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #21: Nov 12, 2022 01:19:26 pm
      And how did you get access to the line up then?

Because I’m in Liverpool. Look at my pre match team v derby.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #22: Nov 12, 2022 01:25:39 pm
      Because I’m in Liverpool. Look at my pre match team v derby.
      So you're like the Liverpool guy who lives in Liverpool whoa cool, lets see if Doaks name is on the team sheet later then. see ya later Liverpool secret sharer, should I admire that or think the opposite?

Quick Reply