Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool v West Ham Carabao Cup QF Weds 20th Dec 20:00 GMT Kick Off

Read 2187 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v West Ham Carabao Cup QF Weds 20th Dec 20:00 GMT Kick Off
      Reply #23: Dec 19, 2023 08:30:32 pm
      Didn’t he take Spurs into CL , then into 2nd place and also a 3rd whilst also taking them to a CL final - they fell apart when he left

And many managers have been fired from PSG even if they win the title

Well yes, but still don't like him. Spurs, to be fair, fall apart on a regular basis.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v West Ham Carabao Cup QF Weds 20th Dec 20:00 GMT Kick Off
      Reply #24: Dec 19, 2023 08:40:09 pm
      Fullest team possible for me, including the big guns, if you want silverware this season this is the first opportunity, Moyes boys are no push overs and they won’t come with a depleted squad, their coming to win, so i say we go full on and knock these bubble blowers tae F**k oot, the next match is the most important so F**k Arsenal until the weekend,

F**k knows how Jürgen sees it but I’m chucking my penny’s worth in and going for this ……..

Alisson
                              Gomez Quansah Virgil Kostas
                                             Trent         
                                     Elliot         Macca
                                 Salah   Gakpo   Diaz

Dropped Szlobos to the bench, he’s went off the boil of late, we can’t afford hangers on and that’s what he’s been of late, Endo has done F**k all wrong, however I want to give Trent another go as DM, not because I think he should be there permanent but he’s a very handy stand in and will need game time there when we can, and Endo needs a rest,

Elliot, Macca & Gakpo get starts for me and all three should have started Vs Munts imo, Elliot for his energy, Gakpo poses a bigger threat than Darwin (arguably) and Macca brings some finesse which we missed on Sunday, Mo & Diaz complete the top shelf, if the sh*t hits the fan we can resort to type and swap Trent with Joe, with Endo on last 15-20,

This is a Q final so it’s within our grasp and we should be totally committed to winning it now, so please Jürgen, no half measures from now on !!

YNWA

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25: Dec 19, 2023 09:22:35 pm
      Tonight's game..Chelsea V Newcastle. I mean no disrespect but Pochettino* must be the most over promoted, over rated manager in the Premier League history. He did very little at Spurs. PSG took him on Jan '21 by July '22 they'd shown him the door.

He has guided a promising Chelsea squad into 10th position. A chancer given one to many chances.

* Probably batter Newcastle now

Half decent game tho..0-1..can see it going to pens.

Middlesbrough, Fulham and Chelsea* through...

*Still don't like Potty or his crappy bunch of poseurs..
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2023 10:12:12 pm by Harrisimo »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26: Dec 19, 2023 10:12:31 pm
      Fulham, Boro and Chelsea waiting in the semi's.

Get a win tomorrow night and we should fancy ourselves to win the cup again.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27: Dec 19, 2023 10:19:25 pm
      Fulham, Boro and Chelsea waiting in the semi's.

Get a win tomorrow night and we should fancy ourselves to win the cup again.

Be nice to stick it to the plastics in the final. Deal with West Ham tomorrow.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: Dec 19, 2023 10:40:31 pm
      Everton out...that's what happens when yer pay Bond Street prices for a bunch of 'jumble sale' players. Sean Dyche is a professional manager and he'll do a job there..but 3 years is the max, patience wise. Then he'll say 'sod this I'm off'.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #29: Dec 20, 2023 12:06:51 am
      I'd prioritise the league and try and rest players for this. Who to rest is trick though - ideally Trent, Mo, Diaz, Kostas n Endo. Finding somebody else to play instead of Endo could be hard though. And Doak being out  means no obvious back up for Salah.

I'd play Dom cos I'd be inclined to start Harvey ahead of him against the Arse. Would probably play either Harvey or Dom in Mo's position.

So -

Kelleher, Bradley, Qansah, Virgil, Gomez, Endo, Jones, Dom, Harvey, Darwin n Gakpo.

Bonus if Grav is fit - maybe put him on for Endo at half time.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #30: Dec 20, 2023 03:12:06 am
      Really worried about this one.

Let's hope they rest Kudos, Bowen, Paqueta and Souchez the tall fella whatever his name is.

Be gutted if we go out to this mob! F***ing hate them.

EDIT: OMG  For some reason, this whole time I thought the game was in London...F**k delete all that above...bring these cu*ts on!!!!
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2023 04:52:21 am by AussieRed »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #31: Dec 20, 2023 09:27:27 am
      As always, my opinion, if you wanna win silverware if any value, strongest side to start. Amend as per circumstances of match.
      If you’re gonna lose, lose with intent.
      Just don’t lose to west F***ing ham 😱
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #32: Dec 20, 2023 10:16:03 am
      I love the Milk Cup too.  Paisley love it more but but BUT Saturday is a huge game especially after what happen last week.  We need a positive result.  3 days between the fixtures.   Quansah is a no brainer in defence for me.   Kelleher or Allison is a key decision.   I'd rest Kosta and Gravenberch. 
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #33: Dec 20, 2023 10:24:06 am
      Cant see any player coming back from injury or niggles being risked.

It will be all about who is 100% fit.

IrishRed86
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts | 37 
      Reply #34: Dec 20, 2023 10:54:04 am
      Any update on Jota…will he be on the bench sat evening ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #35: Dec 20, 2023 11:24:22 am
      Not ideal but start Trent at No6 let’s see how he fairs, Harvey for Szobo and Cody for Darwin.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #36: Dec 20, 2023 11:34:58 am
      Really worried about this one.

Let's hope they rest Kudos, Bowen, Paqueta and Souchez the tall fella whatever his name is.

Be gutted if we go out to this mob! F***ing hate them.

EDIT: OMG  For some reason, this whole time I thought the game was in London...F**k delete all that above...bring these cu*ts on!!!!

Fck your cells took a bashing in Mexico bud😉😉😁 , two London clubs at home in a week need to dispatch the both of them .
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #37: Dec 20, 2023 01:25:23 pm
      Hope for a decent end to end game. None of this 'parking the bus' nonsense. Bout time managers realised it's supposed to be entertainment.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #38: Dec 20, 2023 03:13:04 pm

Yeah straight to pens after 90 if it's a draw
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #39: Dec 20, 2023 03:56:12 pm
      Double header V London mobs. To be fair London is a great footballing city. 13 league clubs, 7 in the Prem. Also 4 I think in the national league.

West Ham tonight, then first of a triple header V Arsenal. Sat 23rd at home, then Cup away on 7th Jan. Then another pop away on 3rd Feb. Bit of interest if nothing else.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #40: Dec 20, 2023 04:34:49 pm
      Hope for a decent end to end game. None of this 'parking the bus' nonsense. Bout time managers realised it's supposed to be entertainment.

I don't think that West Ham will come to "park the bus" both sides will be pl,aying for a result. Hopefully there will be a few goals. Mind you in the right direction in the back of the "Hammers" net.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #41: Dec 20, 2023 04:55:27 pm
      At this stage of a knockout tournament We've got to go big and get it won....having said that, if we come unstuck tonight it's just the Mickey Mouse Cup and we've got bigger fish to fry. ;)

Quick Reply