Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dubai Friendlies

Read 8217 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Re: Dubai Friendlies
      Reply #46: Dec 05, 2022 11:02:37 am

I supported him till this season. I'm done now, I want him gone ASAP. Simply "unfit" for us.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #47: Dec 05, 2022 11:23:24 am
      Support him while hes here. Will be gone January or the summer anyway.

Such a shame, so unlucky with injuries. Possibly his body cant take the rigours of English Football.

Like the OX he will probably get a pay as you play contract somewhere. For him Id say a different league, France or scotland come to the well we will pay £800.00 a week. l o l
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #48: Dec 06, 2022 02:44:52 pm
      Squad for this training camp/friendlies.

Adrian, Kelleher, Davies, Mrozek, Pitaluga, Salah, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Elliott, Tsimikas, Ramsay, Robertson, Carvalho, Bajcetic, Phillips, Gordon, Keita, Matip, Gomez, Jota, Arthur, Diaz, Thiago, Firmino, Chambers, Quansah, Clark, Frauendorf, Stewart, Doak, Cain, Corness.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #49: Dec 07, 2022 08:34:12 am
      Squad for this training camp/friendlies.

Adrian, Kelleher, Davies, Mrozek, Pitaluga, Salah, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Elliott, Tsimikas, Ramsay, Robertson, Carvalho, Bajcetic, Phillips, Gordon, Keita, Matip, Gomez, Jota, Arthur, Diaz, Thiago, Firmino, Chambers, Quansah, Clark, Frauendorf, Stewart, Doak, Cain, Corness.

I count.13 of 33 from the U23s. Glad to see Ben Doak involved and also Kaide Gordon perhaps recovering from injury.

Wondering if Darwin's absence undercuts any tactical shift Klopp hopes to implement in these training sessions.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #50: Dec 07, 2022 09:14:45 am
      I count.13 of 33 from the U23s. Glad to see Ben Doak involved and also Kaide Gordon perhaps recovering from injury.

Wondering if Darwin's absence undercuts any tactical shift Klopp hopes to implement in these training sessions.

Yea good to see the lads involved.

Darwin on holiday, but im sure will be back in a week or so ?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #51: Dec 07, 2022 09:28:51 am
      Diaz back in training which is great to see.

Are all the World Cup players getting a week off after they leave the competition then? If so any semi-finalists will miss the City game and any finalists will miss the Boxing Day game against Villa.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #52: Dec 07, 2022 11:48:34 am

Are all the World Cup players getting a week off after they leave the competition then? If so any semi-finalists will miss the City game and any finalists will miss the Boxing Day game against Villa.

Yea I think all WC players get at least 1 weeks break.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #53: Dec 07, 2022 11:50:09 am
      Naby Lad & Matip both training again too.

Fingers crossed we will have a fully fit squad in January except for Jota.  :aaliverpoolwz0:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #54: Dec 09, 2022 03:35:06 pm

Diaz certainly is, F***ing injured again
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #55: Dec 09, 2022 09:47:34 pm
      Diaz certainly is, f**king injured again

Hearing out till  March
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #56: Dec 10, 2022 01:45:10 pm
      I hope these friendlies are really useful not like the ones we had in pre-season. I really think our pre-season caused our bad start, too many useless games and not enough preparation in training. What's the point of having U20/23 playing? One or 2, ok, but we need to sort things in this first team. It's not about fitness. Don't mess this up, please.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #57: Dec 10, 2022 03:26:38 pm
      I hope these friendlies are really useful not like the ones we had in pre-season. I really think our pre-season caused our bad start, too many useless games and not enough preparation in training. What's the point of having U20/23 playing? One or 2, ok, but we need to sort things in this first team. It's not about fitness. Don't mess this up, please.

We played 5 friendlies over 20 days, with another 10 days of training. Not sure what was different about them. For these next two, I'm sure the kids are .mainly to supplement the roster and maybe some late subs as the first team players regain match fitness. I don't see a bad side to that.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #58: Dec 10, 2022 09:51:54 pm
      We played 5 friendlies over 20 days, with another 10 days of training. Not sure what was different about them. For these next two, I'm sure the kids are .mainly to supplement the roster and maybe some late subs as the first team players regain match fitness. I don't see a bad side to that.

Meanwhile Man City played 2 friendlies. Also, remember that we had one game just after the Community Shield for whatever reason. 5 friendlies and only a few days dedicated to preparation while most of these players played till May and had only 2-3 weeks of proper holidays, it's something. In those 10 days, it's more about fitness. It's clear that a lot has not been done in terms of tactical play etc. We were all over the place when the season started.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #59: Dec 10, 2022 10:02:22 pm
      Meanwhile Man City played 2 friendlies. Also, remember that we had one game just after the Community Shield for whatever reason. 5 friendlies and only a few days dedicated to preparation while most of these players played till May and had only 2-3 weeks of proper holidays, it's something. In those 10 days, it's more about fitness. It's clear that a lot has not been done in terms of tactical play etc. We were all over the place when the season started.

With 20+ first team players in a squad, it makes perfect sense to have the Strasbourg game the day after Man City. All the players need matches to help get ready for the season, not just the regular starters. I don't think preseason is why we were inadequate at the beginning of the season.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #60: Dec 10, 2022 10:04:06 pm
      Brazil and England players should be available for the League Cup match .

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #61: Dec 11, 2022 12:33:44 am
      With 20+ first team players in a squad, it makes perfect sense to have the Strasbourg game the day after Man City. All the players need matches to help get ready for the season, not just the regular starters. I don't think preseason is why we were inadequate at the beginning of the season.

Players weren't rested long enough and it was too short a pre season I think
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #62: Dec 11, 2022 02:15:45 am

I really hope so. Ali won't play, but TAA and Fab should be raring to go. I really want to start the second half of the season with a bang and beat City. They will have a lot of players raring to go too, so we need to go strong as possible IMO and abandon the youth mentality. Outside of Kellher I'd go guns blazing and try and prove a point
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #63: Dec 11, 2022 09:52:58 am

Davies
      Mabaya
      Konate
      Gomez
      Chambers
      Morton
      Bajcetic
      Milner (c)
      Elliott
      Carvalho
      Frauendorf

That's the team that played and got beaten 3-0.

Sure, it helped us start our season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #64: Dec 11, 2022 12:28:00 pm

But they probably won't.

Be more like the Villa game they'll be ready for.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #65: Dec 11, 2022 01:13:48 pm
      Davies
      Mabaya
      Konate
      Gomez
      Chambers
      Morton
      Bajcetic
      Milner (c)
      Elliott
      Carvalho
      Frauendorf

That's the team that played and got beaten 3-0.

Sure, it helped us start our season.

Konate, Gomez, Milner, Elliott, Carvalho are all first team players and presumably Jürgen recognized they needed a game. The others are right around the first team squad.

Konate got injured sure, but to say he shouldn't have been playing in this match is to ignore the true numbers in the squad.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #66: Dec 11, 2022 04:44:37 pm
      Konate, Gomez, Milner, Elliott, Carvalho are all first team players and presumably Jürgen recognized they needed a game. The others are right around the first team squad.

Konate got injured sure, but to say he shouldn't have been playing in this match is to ignore the true numbers in the squad.

Agree to disagree.

Last pre-season was detrimental to our season: too many useless games and it's clear that the (tactical) preparation was not right.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #67: Dec 11, 2022 05:11:46 pm
      But they probably won't.

Be more like the Villa game they'll be ready for.

Nah Fab and Trent will be involved can't expect to go into Villa game not having played for so long
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #68: Dec 11, 2022 08:05:38 pm
      Agree to disagree.

Last pre-season was detrimental to our season: too many useless games and it's clear that the (tactical) preparation was not right.

Yeah, we just don t agree.

Hopefully whatever the cause, we can get it sorted going forward.

Quick Reply