Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Man Utd also up for sale

Read 12568 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,975 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Man Utd also up for sale
      Reply #23: Feb 17, 2023 08:11:15 pm
      The Manchester derby will be like watching BP having a scrap with Esso.

The bid is in.  :clap: :clap: :clap:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,975 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #24: Feb 17, 2023 08:29:19 pm
      https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12813127/manchester-united-takeover-qatari-sheikh-jassim-bin-hamad-al-thani-makes-substantial-bid-for-club

I'm like a dog with two dicks at the moment if this goes through.  :lmao: All debts clear too.
      The 92 foundation, has a nice ring to it.  :D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #25: Feb 17, 2023 08:34:04 pm
      Is that not the same person that owns PSG ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,975 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #26: Feb 17, 2023 08:40:34 pm

Apparently not but i use that term loosely due to obvious reasons...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,975 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27: Feb 17, 2023 09:02:09 pm

Sky Sports News' Kaveh Solhekol:

"This is not Qatar buying Manchester United. Qatar Sports Investments own PSG. Will they be allowed to own another football club? I'm being told this has got nothing to do with QSI. This is a private deal. This is somebody who has a lot of money and wants to buy Manchester United."
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #28: Feb 17, 2023 09:07:32 pm
      Sky Sports News' Kaveh Solhekol:

"This is not Qatar buying Manchester United. Qatar Sports Investments own PSG. Will they be allowed to own another football club? I'm being told this has got nothing to do with QSI. This is a private deal. This is somebody who has a lot of money and wants to buy Manchester United."

I suspect that there will always be links back to the state money within the Middle East states.

Is it this guy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jassim_bin_Hamad_bin_Khalifa_Al_Thani - who is form the royal family

Or

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamad_bin_Jassim_bin_Jaber_Al_Thani

Who owns PSG

Or this guy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jassim_bin_Hamad_Al_Thani

Who is the son of the guy who owns PSG
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,975 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #29: Feb 17, 2023 09:26:57 pm
      I suspect that there will always be links back to the state money within the Middle East states.

Is it this guy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jassim_bin_Hamad_bin_Khalifa_Al_Thani - who is form the royal family

Or

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamad_bin_Jassim_bin_Jaber_Al_Thani

Who owns PSG

Or this guy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jassim_bin_Hamad_Al_Thani

Who is the son of the guy who owns PSG

Like you itā€™s impossible to say categorically and Iā€™m reading the same things as youā€™re through social media. Thing is this is just the first bid and you know the yanks will obviously/ understandably try and get more, who wouldnā€™t. Iā€™m just glad itā€™s looking like the Glazers are all but gone now.

I know you and a few of your fans are very much against ( Qatari/ oil/ sports washing  )  it and like Iā€™ve said many times fully understand why. I too once had the same opinion as yourself about not wanting a state taking over. Allegedly itā€™s not a state  ( itā€™s a banker ) but I take that with a pinch of salt because itā€™s all hidden in paperwork anyway.

United fans had ten years of making up the numbers, if this goes through should firmly put us back on the map now that we have a manager thatā€™s looking capable of matching  Klopp & Pep.

Not counting any chickens but by Christ itā€™s the best Iā€™ve felt in ten years as a supporter. Obviously many rival fans will jump on the bang waggon calling many hypocrites and understandably so. I said a while ago, if you canā€™t beat them join erm. Sadly thatā€™s the way football is going.

I think if this goes through Liverpool may well be the next club to follow. I know you hate the idea and said youā€™d walk but if you donā€™t chances are the season your having will become a regular thing.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #30: Feb 17, 2023 09:40:19 pm
      Like you itā€™s impossible to say categorically and Iā€™m reading the same things as youā€™re through social media. Thing is this is just the first bid and you know the yanks will obviously/ understandably try and get more, who wouldnā€™t. Iā€™m just glad itā€™s looking like the Glazers are all but gone now.

I know you and a few of your fans are very much against ( Qatari/ oil/ sports washing  )  it and like Iā€™ve said many times fully understand why. I too once had the same opinion as yourself about not wanting a state taking over. Allegedly itā€™s not a state  ( itā€™s a banker ) but I take that with a pinch of salt because itā€™s all hidden in paperwork anyway.

United fans had ten years of making up the numbers, if this goes through should firmly put us back on the map now that we have a manager thatā€™s looking capable of matching  Klopp & Pep.

Not counting any chickens but by Christ itā€™s the best Iā€™ve felt in ten years as a supporter. Obviously many rival fans will jump on the bang waggon calling many hypocrites and understandably so. I said a while ago, if you canā€™t beat them join erm. Sadly thatā€™s the way football is going.

I think if this goes through Liverpool may well be the next club to follow. I know you hate the idea and said youā€™d walk but if you donā€™t chances are the season your having will become a regular thing.

You have outspent us constantly over the last ten years whilst you have been dragging behind

Itā€™s not about spending money - bringing more money in doesnā€™t change that

I wonder how many Man Utd fans jumped on the train going at City for all their cheating and state backed and now wanting to be a part of that

If you want your club to be state owned just so that it can spend more money then away you go

It wonā€™t happen with us

Money doesnā€™t always bring success and your manager has won sweet fa so far
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #31: Feb 17, 2023 09:44:30 pm
      You have outspent us constantly over the last ten years whilst you have been dragging behind

I wonder how many Man Utd fans jumped on the train going at City for all their cheating and state backed and now wanting to be a part of that

If you want your club to be state owned just so that it can spend more money then away you go

All I have heard off Mancs for last few years has been slating City for their wealth and where it comes from . The fickleness is so prevalent now . In the wilderness,  lacked funding some.old.chestnuts despite the fact they have spent more than anyone . Couldn't make it up
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,975 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32: Feb 17, 2023 09:45:35 pm

Pretty sure every fan from every club at some time had a pop at city ( including myself ) but if this goes through weā€™re not state owned  ;D ( if you believe what you read )

As for not happening to us? Thatā€™s probably more wishful thinking on your side than anything else, time will tell.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #33: Feb 17, 2023 09:47:18 pm
      Pretty sure every fan from every club at some time had a pop at city ( including myself ) but if this goes through weā€™re not state owned  ;D ( if you believe what you read )

As for not happening to us? Thatā€™s probably more wishful thinking on your side than anything else, time will tell.

Of course itā€™s state owned - the guy is part of the royal family ffs 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

Itā€™s no better than City
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,975 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #34: Feb 17, 2023 09:49:15 pm
      All I have heard off Mancs for last few years has been slating City for their wealth and where it comes from .

Hang on a minute!!! Havenā€™t you lot! been saying the same thing Rossy. Like Iā€™ve said every fan at every club at some stage been saying the same thing. Thereā€™s nothing new here.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,975 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #35: Feb 17, 2023 09:53:49 pm
      Of course itā€™s state owned - the guy is part of the royal family ffs 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

Itā€™s no better than City

I agree itā€™s no better than city and not saying words to the contrary. It still wonā€™t take that smile off my face if it happens. Our history still intact (to date) as is yours if you become a state owned club.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #36: Feb 17, 2023 09:55:43 pm
      Hang on a minute!!! Havenā€™t you lot! been saying the same thing Rossy. Like Iā€™ve said every fan at every club at some stage been saying the same thing. Thereā€™s nothing new here.

Yes I have but then I haven't celebrated getting the exact same ie fickle Keith . As we don't have an owner from there so not sure how you can argue my point. If any fan from any club slags ownership but than welcomes exact same they are in the same boat fickle. Two faced whatever
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #37: Feb 17, 2023 09:56:04 pm
      If the offers are similar surely United choose Jim Ratcliffe to avoid the hassle?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,975 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #38: Feb 17, 2023 10:05:17 pm
      If the offers are similar surely United choose Jim Ratcliffe to avoid the hassle?

Nothing to say he wonā€™t chats. Pretty sure some gazumping will be going on for a bit. But yeah to save the hassle of bitter/envy/jealous supports yes.  ;D
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #39: Feb 17, 2023 10:09:31 pm
      Let the footballing whores battle it out.
      Chelsea and city have ruined football in this country.
      PSG have ruined France.

If we or united and Newcastle join them it will be a travesty in my eyes. No sporting merit. Itā€™s not all about winning, itā€™s about how you win.

A league of Lance Armstrongs.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,975 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #40: Feb 17, 2023 10:10:14 pm
      Yes I have but then I haven't celebrated getting the exact same ie fickle Keith . As we don't have an owner from there so not sure how you can argue my point. If any fan from any club slags ownership but than welcomes exact same they are in the same boat fickle. Two faced whatever

Iā€™m of the opinion Liverpool will follow. Thing is as fans we donā€™t really have a say anyway. We go with it or we donā€™t, the corporates donā€™t give a fcuk. 
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #41: Feb 17, 2023 10:10:35 pm
      Nothing to say he wonā€™t chats. Pretty sure some gazumping will be going on for a bit. But yeah to save the hassle of bitter/envy/jealous supports yes.  ;D
      Or even Human RIghts Keith missed that one off
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,975 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42: Feb 17, 2023 10:12:57 pm
      Let the footballing whores battle it out.
      Chelsea and city have ruined football in this country.
      PSG have ruined France.

If we or united and Newcastle join them it will be a travesty in my eyes. No sporting merit. Itā€™s not all about winning, itā€™s about how you win.

A league of Lance Armstrongs.

Like weā€™ve said before, sadly itā€™s the new norm. If you want to Lag behind and stay a also ran fine. Iā€™ve done that for the last ten years and it isnā€™t nice.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #43: Feb 17, 2023 10:16:57 pm
      Like weā€™ve said before, sadly itā€™s the new norm. If you want to Lag behind and stay a also ran fine. Iā€™ve done that for the last ten years and it isnā€™t nice.

Itā€™s the new norm but itā€™s all fake. If all you care about is winning then maybe football isnā€™t for you! Itā€™s not just about that.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #44: Feb 17, 2023 10:19:04 pm

But you have spent more than every other club Keith you have lagged behind due to sh*te managers and recruitment had nothing to do with the owners you had. Yes you can argue your ground falling apart and training facilties but the top and bottom of it you have lagged behind due to points above
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,975 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #45: Feb 17, 2023 10:24:35 pm
      Itā€™s the new norm but itā€™s all fake. If all you care about is winning then maybe football isnā€™t for you! Itā€™s not just about that.

Course itā€™s fake but Iā€™m 60 now so Iā€™ll take it for my remaining  years.  ;D

Quick Reply