Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Man Utd also up for sale

Read 12398 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Re: Man Utd also up for sale
      Reply #46: Feb 17, 2023 10:26:47 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #47: Feb 17, 2023 10:26:52 pm
      Or even Human RIghts Keith missed that one off

Right again. Doesn’t matter what we think as fans. You’ll have the same problem if a state comes in for your club.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,196 posts | 734 
      Reply #48: Feb 17, 2023 10:29:30 pm
      I agree it’s no better than city and not saying words to the contrary. It still won’t take that smile off my face if it happens. Our history still intact (to date) as is yours if you become a state owned club.
      Keith you say your club history would remain intact, Presumably you are referring to the broad proud heritage that has witnessed generations of supporters stick with the club through good times and bad. But time doesn't stand still and what happens today and tomorrow will soon be a part of that history. You can't just cherrypick which bits of history your club liked most....It's all one continuous history.
      I couldn't care less who owns your club, It would appear a lot of fans now just crave the prize, regardless of any link to murderous backward States.
      I think it's a great pity for your club, and a bigger pity for English football....We are on a slippy slope to a duller and darker place.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #49: Feb 17, 2023 10:32:22 pm
      But you have spent more than every other club Keith you have lagged behind due to sh*te managers and recruitment had nothing to do with the owners you had. Yes you can argue your ground falling apart and training facilties but the top and bottom of it you have lagged behind due to points above

That’s correct and if this deals goes through then a large % of that will be put right if what the proposed offers go ahead.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #50: Feb 17, 2023 10:35:22 pm

Apparently he has 1 billion but his family!!!! around 270 billion if we believe the media. 🤷‍♂️
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #51: Feb 17, 2023 10:39:29 pm
      Apparently he has 1 billion but his family!!!! around 270 billion if we believe the media. 🤷‍♂️

His family = the state ( royal family )
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,196 posts | 734 
      Reply #52: Feb 17, 2023 10:44:35 pm
      That’s correct and if this deals goes through then a large % of that will be put right if what the proposed offers go ahead.
      Since Sir A. left, your club has regressed due to hiring numerous bad managers,( who bought rubbish, or held onto rubbish) now you have a guy in Ten Haag who isn't afraid to ditch the deadwood and can get some effort out of the players.....Even some of your sh*te players.
      « Last Edit: Feb 17, 2023 11:06:22 pm by Longy-Shops »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #53: Feb 17, 2023 10:47:39 pm
      Keith you say your club history would remain intact, Presumably you are referring to the broad proud heritage that has witnessed generations of supporters stick with the club through good times and bad. But time doesn't stand still and what happens today and tomorrow will soon be a part of that history. You can't just cherrypick which bits of history your club liked most....It's all one continuous history.
      I couldn't care less who owns your club, It would appear a lot of fans now just crave the prize, regardless of any link to murderous backward States.
      I think it's a great pity for your club, and a bigger pity for English football....We are on a slippy slope to a duller and darker place.

Like I’ve said! doesn’t matter what I think as a fan the deal will go through one way or another.  I certainly can’t cherry pick who buys our club but nothing will take away THE BUSBY BABES - FERGIE TIME & THE CLASS OF 92. Like Liverpool we are tanked in history and nothing, I mean nothing can ever, ever destroy that.

Most of us know the world over the last 10/20 years has become a horrible state and this is just another episode of how bad the world is becoming.  Football will never be the same again for us diehard fans and that’s the sad reality of it all.  I’m fortunately to of been around long enough to appreciated just that.

Like the majority, which include many on here we’d love to go back to the way it was before the year 2000. Won’t be happening in our life time though.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #54: Feb 17, 2023 10:49:36 pm
      Since Sir A. left, your club has regressed due to hiring numerous bad managers,( who bought rubbish, or held onto rubbish) now you have a guy in Ten Haag who isn't afraid to ditch the deadwood and is can get some effort out of the players.....Even some of your sh*te players.

All very true, what a great turn around in 6 months.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #55: Feb 17, 2023 10:59:33 pm
      Ratcliffe's Ineos Group have put a bid in as well, just seen on BBC news.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,196 posts | 734 
      Reply #56: Feb 17, 2023 11:33:20 pm
      Like I’ve said! doesn’t matter what I think as a fan the deal will go through one way or another.  I certainly can’t cherry pick who buys our club but nothing will take away THE BUSBY BABES - FERGIE TIME & THE CLASS OF 92. Like Liverpool we are tanked in history and nothing, I mean nothing can ever, ever destroy that.

Most of us know the world over the last 10/20 years has become a horrible state and this is just another episode of how bad the world is becoming.  Football will never be the same again for us diehard fans and that’s the sad reality of it all.  I’m fortunately to of been around long enough to appreciated just that.

Like the majority, which include many on here we’d love to go back to the way it was before the year 2000. Won’t be happening in our life time though.
      Indeed we live in challenging times, having emerged out of the chaos of the global pandemic, we now have geopolitical tensions at fever pitch and a climate emergency we will do well to navigate. But I remain optimistic and have a firm belief in the common good....It's all around you, but the media and the tech guru's don't want you to see it....they have engineered a fantasy, a fantasy to scare everyone to stay at home and stream endless sh*t. Real honest people are the only currency of life. I appreciate you can't influence who owns a football club...but you don't have to glory in it being sold to the Devil. ............I hope Ratcliffe buys it.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #57: Feb 18, 2023 12:11:40 am
      If City get humped by the PL for breaching financial fair play (fingers crossed) it could make it a lot less attractive to be owned by a Sheikh. Reputation is also at risk. Oil money has transformed average teams who've previously done little of note but never before has a club with the standing and history of Utd been taken over by a state. They could easily be competitive without one.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,021 posts | 2089 
      Reply #58: Feb 18, 2023 12:18:10 am
      Jim Ratcliffe is a clever, successful businessman and someone transparent enough to fess up to media from time to time. His support to Mercedes GP has been superb in recent years as well. If Man Utd were to be owned by him, shunning Middle Eastern state ownership, then it'd be a big victory for football.

Become state owned and you will inevitably, somewhere down the line, be caught up in vicious geopolitics that will threaten the very existence of your football club.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 284 posts | 43 
      Reply #59: Feb 18, 2023 12:32:43 am
      Utd have 5 players on 350k a week,ronaldo 500k.oil men are not changing F**k all there,whereas we have horrendous tight bas**rds in charge that hold club back,we will improve when these cu*ts F**k off back to baseball
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,021 posts | 2089 
      Reply #60: Feb 18, 2023 12:48:26 am
      Utd have 5 players on 350k a week,ronaldo 500k.oil men are not changing f**k all there,whereas we have horrendous tight bas**rds in charge that hold club back,we will improve when these cu*ts f**k off back to baseball

Just wait till you hear how much Salah is getting paid.

Wheesht with your cry bitching. I'd rather have a school tuck shop buy us out than a bunch of filthy rich bas**rds acting on the malign will of a corrupt state and then proclaiming to be 'life long fans'. F***ing cu*ts.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #61: Feb 18, 2023 07:48:54 am
      Ratcliffe's Ineos Group have put a bid in as well, just seen on BBC news.

My morning just got better. 😍😍😍 nice update Pete as this is the first I’ve read on it having just got up.  ;D I already woke up with a smile, this dog got 3 dicks now.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #62: Feb 18, 2023 07:52:07 am
      If City get humped by the PL for breaching financial fair play (fingers crossed) it could make it a lot less attractive to be owned by a Sheikh. Reputation is also at risk. Oil money has transformed average teams who've previously done little of note but never before has a club with the standing and history of Utd been taken over by a state. They could easily be competitive without one.

Thing is though but would they make the same mistake?  More so with the royal family allegedly  being involved. Apparently already said there not in it for financial gain and all profits being ploughed straight back into the club. ❤️

Now that Ratcliffe has also put his bid in it’s a case of the sports washing group Vs Greenwashing   :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2023 08:06:04 am by Keith Singleton »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #63: Feb 18, 2023 07:53:50 am
      Jim Ratcliffe is a clever, successful businessman and someone transparent enough to fess up to media from time to time. His support to Mercedes GP has been superb in recent years as well. If Man Utd were to be owned by him, shunning Middle Eastern state ownership, then it'd be a big victory for football.

Become state owned and you will inevitably, somewhere down the line, be caught up in vicious geopolitics that will threaten the very existence of your football club.

As usual the man with all the sense. Are you Richard Attenborough in disguise 🥸 I can listen to him all day too.  :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,021 posts | 2089 
      Reply #64: Feb 18, 2023 09:39:12 am
      As usual the man with all the sense. Are you Richard Attenborough in disguise 🥸 I can listen to him all day too.  :D

Ha ha! Love you too Keith!

But honestly, it beggars belief why Mab Utd would need let alone want Qatari owners. Unlike City back in 2008, United are big enough to sustain and be victorious on their own. Without the need to financially dope and corrupt their way to the top. As a Liverpool supporter, Ratcliffe would worry me more because he savvy and would probably develop United in a way that was self sufficient and sustainable long after he leaves / sells the club.

Those fans gagging for state ownership have to envision an end game years down the future. The chances are that with oil rich dictatorships it will end in tears.

Some have already tethered themselves dangerously close to Russia over the last year. It's not inconceivable that these states will find themselves on the wrong side of a diplomatic divide between East and West in future. And then what? Sanctions galore. City's owners are expunged from UK and assets are seized. Miraculously all the totally non UAE affiliated sponsors of City disappear and the club find themselves close to insolvency.

There's a lot of Qatari and Middle Eastern money flowing around Britain at the moment. Not least London and Manchester. So some will say, it can never happen because we're financially bound to these corrupt states. Well, that's what they said about Russian money in London throughout the last 20/30 years and now look at that.

And yet some Liverpool and Man Utd fans are gagging for that.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 295 
      Reply #65: Feb 18, 2023 12:29:24 pm
      There appears to be a significant difference between the Glazers and FSG. The Glazers are holding a very public auction and they appear to only care about how much money they get with no concern for the club's future. FSG are doing things slowly and quietly and appear to have a genuine desire to sell some or all of the club to people who will be good owners rather than accepting the highest bid.

A cynical person might suggest that FSG just have a better PR department but we'll not know if that is correct until the 2 clubs are sold (or United is sold and FSG get a significant investment and declare Liverpool is not for sale).
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #66: Feb 18, 2023 01:25:34 pm

It's funny how both are being hailed as lifelong Utd fans. I'd believe the stuff about Ratcliffe being a lifelong utd fan as he's from Oldham.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #67: Feb 18, 2023 01:28:05 pm
      My morning just got better. 😍😍😍 nice update Pete as this is the first I’ve read on it having just got up.  ;D I already woke up with a smile, this dog got 3 dicks now.  :lmao:

He's the fella you really should want, localish and will understand everything about the club.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #68: Feb 18, 2023 01:28:50 pm
      If Ratcliffe buys Utd there won’t be much change from the Glazers in that he will pile debt onto the club.

Quick Reply