Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Man Utd also up for sale

Read 12569 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Man Utd also up for sale
      Reply #92: May 17, 2023 07:45:18 am
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #93: May 17, 2023 09:43:21 am

Why do you want Qatar and who they are anywhere near your club? Its not like United need anymore money to spend is it? Spending more than city and Chelsea ffs

Reading the article it states they'll pay off all your debts, all the money you owe for players you've overspent on and provide a large warchest for even more spending. Maybe that's why eh.

F*ck me Jürgen klopp must look at all this and sigh whilst he tries to rebuild a team with no sporting director and zero transfer funds whilst trying to sell what few assets he has to cobble together spends for the summer.

The have's and the have not' s eh.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #94: May 17, 2023 10:04:32 am
      Why do you want Qatar and who they are anywhere near your club? Its not like United need anymore money to spend is it? Spending more than city and Chelsea ffs

Reading the article it states they'll pay off all your debts, all the money you owe for players you've overspent on and provide a large warchest for even more spending. Maybe that's why eh.

F*ck me Jürgen klopp must look at all this and sigh whilst he tries to rebuild a team with no sporting director and zero transfer funds whilst trying to sell what few assets he has to cobble together spends for the summer.

Re Klopp: And doing a very good job of it as he continues to rebuild Liverpool 2.0
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #95: May 17, 2023 11:56:36 am

First of all don’t like the Glazers and their methods like so many of our fans. They’ve ripped us off far too long and like FSG if they do sell going to make billions from the sale. Of you can argue that’s just part and parcel of any club/ owners that want to make money, doesn’t mean I have to like it but that’s just me.

Sadly the days of history how our two great clubs were made and brought up seems no longer a priority in this modern age. I don’t like it but if United are ever going to catch city up this sale needs to happen as it won’t happen otherwise.

Now I’m the first to say some of my thoughts are hypocritical as I’ve called city/chavs for the obscene money that’s been spent on players and decided at my age I want some more success before I’m 6 foot under. Top and bottom of it it’s the new norm whether we like it or not it isn’t going away.

The fact they can write off our debt and bring ( guessing ) 100s of new jobs with development that we’ve seen around the likes of the city ground are quite astonishing to say the least, have you seen the complex?

Let’s put shoe on the other foot! I’m pretty dam sure the majority of Liverpool fans would love the idea of having new owners that spent money like confetti, not forgetting those that are against oily rich owners some of them change their minds when they see big transfers coming in be it by hook or crook.

Safe to say I’m a dinosaur that doesn’t like change that like the traditional methods but know those days are all but gone now. Unfortunately it’s called catching up with these shitty times. We have to like it or lump it. No one anytime soon is catching city, they’ve  manipulative the system far far too long and unless you fight fire with fire we’re sadly becoming a making up the numbers club.

It would be interesting if Sheikh Jasmim didn’t get the club then came for you lot. 😂 How many hypocrites would come out of the washing then and jump on the bandwagon like myself. 😉
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #96: May 17, 2023 01:42:49 pm
      First of all don’t like the Glazers and their methods like so many of our fans. They’ve ripped us off far too long and like FSG if they do sell going to make billions from the sale. Of you can argue that’s just part and parcel of any club/ owners that want to make money, doesn’t mean I have to like it but that’s just me.

Sadly the days of history how our two great clubs were made and brought up seems no longer a priority in this modern age. I don’t like it but if United are ever going to catch city up this sale needs to happen as it won’t happen otherwise.

Now I’m the first to say some of my thoughts are hypocritical as I’ve called city/chavs for the obscene money that’s been spent on players and decided at my age I want some more success before I’m 6 foot under. Top and bottom of it it’s the new norm whether we like it or not it isn’t going away.

The fact they can write off our debt and bring ( guessing ) 100s of new jobs with development that we’ve seen around the likes of the city ground are quite astonishing to say the least, have you seen the complex?

Let’s put shoe on the other foot! I’m pretty dam sure the majority of Liverpool fans would love the idea of having new owners that spent money like confetti, not forgetting those that are against oily rich owners some of them change their minds when they see big transfers coming in be it by hook or crook.

Safe to say I’m a dinosaur that doesn’t like change that like the traditional methods but know those days are all but gone now. Unfortunately it’s called catching up with these shitty times. We have to like it or lump it. No one anytime soon is catching city, they’ve  manipulative the system far far too long and unless you fight fire with fire we’re sadly becoming a making up the numbers club.

It would be interesting if Sheikh Jasmim didn’t get the club then came for you lot. 😂 How many hypocrites would come out of the washing then and jump on the bandwagon like myself. 😉

Looks like a dream offer, unless the details say otherwise.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #97: May 17, 2023 01:48:43 pm

Keith is no different than many here, including you. He doesn't give a sh*t about who owns the team, he cares about money.
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2023 01:59:12 pm by CT_LFC »
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #98: May 17, 2023 02:12:16 pm

As I think I've said to you previously mate ... the moment the club shanks built is a vehicle for sportswashing is the day I'm done.

That won't change. It will signal the end of the only thing left in football I love ... my club. The 'game' and everything around it now is a vile corrupt circus.

I'll never be an advocate of 'if you can't beat em join em' .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #99: May 17, 2023 06:08:46 pm
      As I think I've said to you previously mate ... the moment the club shanks built is a vehicle for sportswashing is the day I'm done.

That won't change. It will signal the end of the only thing left in football I love ... my club. The 'game' and everything around it now is a vile corrupt circus.

I'll never be an advocate of 'if you can't beat em join em' .

Yes you’ve said it before and totally respect your opinion, I use to think the same way. Maybe if I was a lot younger I would still be of the same views/opinions as yourself.  Trust me it doesn’t feel good but unfortunately what I can’t do is walk away from football, it’s in the blood.

If I could +2 your post I would. 😂
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #100: May 17, 2023 07:07:14 pm
      Yes you’ve said it before and totally respect your opinion, I use to think the same way. Maybe if I was a lot younger I would still be of the same views/opinions as yourself.  Trust me it doesn’t feel good but unfortunately what I can’t do is walk away from football, it’s in the blood.

If I could +2 your post I would. 😂

I'm not that old Keith at 45 🤣🤣🤣

See I wouldn't find it difficult ... all the things I grew up loving about football have pretty much gone. There's nothing left of that game. So for me ... not really something I'd struggle with.

My son has just started wanting to play football every night ... he's 7 so we have abit of a kick about ... and he's asked to go and see a game.

We usually have a day out somewhere on a Saturday so I think lower league ... somewhere like Southport for example is something I'd consider taking him to. He's been to Anfield twice ... he's got the kit ... loves Salah. But tickets are hard to come by. It's expensive for me ... let alone taking him on top.

So I think I'd still be in it in the sense of playing footy with him or getting him into a team or taking him to non league or lower league games. But I'd be done here if we become sportswashed.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #101: May 17, 2023 07:54:27 pm
      we need to get Real here Oil money is coming into the EPL more and more and you can claim the moral high ground but you will not see CL football or any European Football. SOmebody mentioned Shankly and sports washing he would have walked the day twit and tw*t turned up he would not have entertained them for one second.
      We have Jürgen for 3 or 4 more years hopefully but what then because he has turned water into wine so many times there isnt an other saviour out there for us the hard cold reality is in the future the biggest spenders will win everything as we are witnessing now with City. Having to get more than 95 points to win a league is just a joke and the EPL and UEFA are as much of a problem as the rich Oil Countries NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE.....enjoy these next few years
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #102: May 17, 2023 08:24:46 pm
      Looks like a dream offer, unless the details say otherwise.

That’s why I take the social media with a pinch of salt, that way you can’t get overly excited with what may happen.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #103: May 17, 2023 08:28:13 pm
      we need to get Real here Oil money is coming into the EPL more and more and you can claim the moral high ground but you will not see CL football or any European Football. SOmebody mentioned Shankly and sports washing he would have walked the day twit and tw*t turned up he would not have entertained them for one second.
      We have Jürgen for 3 or 4 more years hopefully but what then because he has turned water into wine so many times there isnt an other saviour out there for us the hard cold reality is in the future the biggest spenders will win everything as we are witnessing now with City. Having to get more than 95 points to win a league is just a joke and the EPL and UEFA are as much of a problem as the rich Oil Countries NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE.....enjoy these next few years

No moral high ground here. I've just got morals. I respect what the club stands for and those who built it to be something more special than any other club.

If people want to f*ck all that off and have no morals and be f*cking hypocrites wanting this club to become the very thing they've slated other clubs for with some 'move with the times' bs excuse then that's upto the individual isn't it.

I've got morals and they're more important than win at all costs in some silly corrupt circus that is the premier league. We should be bigger than that. And we are. This club is worth more than being owned by sportwashers and their dirty money. Honestly its like some in here would sell their own mother to get Qatar on board and throwing the money at shiny new footballers. Sad. More to life ....
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #104: May 17, 2023 08:55:40 pm
      No moral high ground here. I've just got morals. I respect what the club stands for and those who built it to be something more special than any other club.

If people want to f*ck all that off and have no morals and be f*cking hypocrites wanting this club to become the very thing they've slated other clubs for with some 'move with the times' bs excuse then that's upto the individual isn't it.

I've got morals and they're more important than win at all costs in some silly corrupt circus that is the premier league. We should be bigger than that. And we are. This club is worth more than being owned by sportwashers and their dirty money. Honestly its like some in here would sell their own mother to get Qatar on board and throwing the money at shiny new footballers. Sad. More to life ....

its just the reality of it mate you cant escape it and our antidote to it Jürgen won't be here forever and I dont know who else apart from him could. We cant rely UEFA or the EPL/FA to do the right thing. You shouldn't have a go at people because they realise we could fall behind without the finance that only Oil rich owners seen to have
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #105: Jun 07, 2023 01:05:16 pm
      5th bid come in, who’s knows I might become a oily manc after all. 🤞🤞🤞
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #106: Jun 07, 2023 05:26:29 pm
      dirty manc using dirty money seems about right then.
      Wonder what the issue us other than GLaziers trying to screw for as much money as they can get.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #107: Jun 07, 2023 06:42:36 pm
      dirty manc using dirty money seems about right then.
      Wonder what the issue us other than GLaziers trying to screw for as much money as they can get.

Don’t tell me you wouldn’t take it if offered to you Walt as I know you certainly would. 😉
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3412 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #108: Jun 07, 2023 06:44:43 pm
      This sale is going on longer than the F***ing sale at DFS
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #109: Jun 07, 2023 06:48:49 pm
      This sale is going on longer than the f**king sale at DFS

That's the Yanks for you... Greedy bast@rds
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #110: Jun 07, 2023 09:57:15 pm
      Don’t tell me you wouldn’t take it if offered to you Walt as I know you certainly would. 😉

i dont know anything mate the world I thought I lived in is just not there who the F**k knows what is going on. Surely if its money Saudi money is there waiting to be picked up in suitcases the others seem to need to borrow money just .a form of partial leveraged buyout.
      Where the money comes from seems a side issue as who ever had £billions to buy a club didnt get it selling sweets and papers in a corner shop.
      meanwhile some argentina world cup winner chose Liverpool over UTD despite Hag speaking to him several times and having CL football
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #111: Jun 07, 2023 10:08:10 pm
      i dont know anything mate the world I thought I lived in is just not there who the f**k knows what is going on. Surely if its money Saudi money is there waiting to be picked up in suitcases the others seem to need to borrow money just .a form of partial leveraged buyout.
      Where the money comes from seems a side issue as who ever had £billions to buy a club didnt get it selling sweets and papers in a corner shop.
      meanwhile some argentina world cup winner chose Liverpool over UTD despite Hag speaking to him several times and having CL football

Probably print their own unofficial money in containers never mind suitcases. If we do become oily mancs one of the best things about it is the billion/s it brings into Manchester for jobs with new developments.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #112: Jun 08, 2023 01:10:42 pm
      Probably print their own unofficial money in containers never mind suitcases. If we do become oily mancs one of the best things about it is the billion/s it brings into Manchester for jobs with new developments.

will you use the same accountants as City they seem to have things boxed off and it will save you having to bung UEFA officials twice
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #113: Jun 08, 2023 02:40:11 pm
      not sure where to put this, but Phil Neville fired from Inter Miami (MLS) as they are in last place  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #114: Jun 08, 2023 02:43:16 pm
      will you use the same accountants as City they seem to have things boxed off and it will save you having to bung UEFA officials twice

Haven’t a clue who there’s using   :lmao:  I’ll worry about that if I become an oily manc.  :P Then again probably won’t worry about it anyway.

Quick Reply