Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Man Utd also up for sale

Read 12133 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Man Utd also up for sale
      Nov 22, 2022 10:29:50 pm
      Trying to steal FSG's thunder?  I wonder if all of these fellas have come to the same conclusion that they have reached 'peak football valuations'.

Manchester United's owners the Glazer family say they are considering selling the club as they "explore strategic alternatives".

The Americans bought the Old Trafford outfit for £790m ($1.34bn) in 2005.

It comes after years of protest from fans against their ownership.

A statement from the club said the board will "consider all strategic alternatives, including new investment into the club, a sale, or other transactions involving the company".

It added that the process "will include an assessment of several initiatives to strengthen the club, including stadium and infrastructure redevelopment, and expansion of the club's commercial operations on a global scale" to enhance "the long-term success of the club's men's, women's and academy teams, and bringing benefits to fans and other stakeholders".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63723992
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Re: Man Utd also up for sale
      Reply #1: Nov 22, 2022 10:57:10 pm
      Trying to steal FSG's thunder?  I wonder if all of these fellas have come to the same conclusion that they have reached 'peak football valuations'.

Manchester United's owners the Glazer family say they are considering selling the club as they "explore strategic alternatives".

The Americans bought the Old Trafford outfit for £790m ($1.34bn) in 2005.

It comes after years of protest from fans against their ownership.

A statement from the club said the board will "consider all strategic alternatives, including new investment into the club, a sale, or other transactions involving the company".

It added that the process "will include an assessment of several initiatives to strengthen the club, including stadium and infrastructure redevelopment, and expansion of the club's commercial operations on a global scale" to enhance "the long-term success of the club's men's, women's and academy teams, and bringing benefits to fans and other stakeholders".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63723992

Do they all think tv / broadcasting money has peaked or something?
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #2: Nov 22, 2022 10:59:53 pm

I think the failure of the Super League has strongly contributed to both clubs' owners looking for a way out.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #3: Nov 22, 2022 11:47:18 pm
      FFS! Hope this doesn't mean we get sloppy seconds.

Utd has around £500m in debt, compared to our £200m, and Utd need repairs done to the stadium. Whoever buys them better have deep pockets.

That said, our new midfield might cost anything from £150m to £200m. And if rumours are true and we land Bellingham, that midfield price tag could rise to around £300m.
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2022 12:10:07 am by Rush »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4: Nov 23, 2022 12:23:15 am
      Nothing to fear here, we as a club are a far better attraction than that f***in sh*t hole, where we are seeking new investment for transfer’s, that lot need a complete overhaul including Stadia, training facilities and the billions it’s likely to cost to build a competitive squad,

We’re but a couple of £hundred million away from a brand new shiny midfield and re-joining the title race, they are basically a rudderless raft of driftwood heading into a shitstorm, like I keep alluding to, Manure, before Fergie were a mediocre outfit languishing in mid table security, they say football is cyclical, looks like that isn’t far from being true, shitty club, shitty fans, shitty ground, have zero class and soon no f**ker will want them, once the Glazers have bled them dry 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, c**t’S !!!

Y  N  W  A
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #5: Nov 23, 2022 01:10:43 am

Don't underestimate the blanket effect of world inflation. There are so many layers of business and finance impacted.

We think "They've got it to spare. Why can't they spend a hundred million or two?" But that is not how they are wired. They wouldn't be at this elite level of economic status if they were.

They think "How can I make more?" Doesn't mean it's to the detriment of the club, and I feel pretty strongly that it hasn't been with FSG and Liverpool (it definitely has been bad for Man United what the Glazers have done). When the situation changes, and inflation has definitely changed the situation, savvy business people will make changes as needed.

So Liverpool's owners are definitely looking to improve their situation, and time will tell if that means taking on investors or actually selling.  And when conditions are such that they really aren't able to improve it further, then yes, they will find the best deal for leaving.

The United owners are seeing how borrowing is not as lucrative for them, so they probably just want out. Next owner will have a big reclamation project. It's a big brand, but it is in a big financial mess thanks to them.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #6: Nov 23, 2022 07:38:13 am
      FFS! Hope this doesn't mean we get sloppy seconds.

That said, our new midfield might cost anything from £150m to £200m. And if rumours are true and we land Bellingham, that midfield price tag could rise to around £300m.

I think the Man U squad needs more investment than ours.

They have a very rich fan- Jim Radcliffe who has previously said that he wants to buy the club. I assume he'll be the favourite to get United.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #7: Nov 23, 2022 09:21:51 am
      Imagine if they get Radcliffe and we get a dodgy oil baron. Unbearable.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #8: Nov 23, 2022 12:55:55 pm

It would be incredibly difficult to find owners who are worse than the Glazers.
      Quite easy to find owners worse than FSG.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9: Nov 23, 2022 01:09:29 pm
      Ronaldo has already done the pre-sale presentation..."place is crumbling"....cheers Rony..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #10: Nov 23, 2022 01:15:44 pm
      I think the Man U squad needs more investment than ours.

They have a very rich fan- Jim Radcliffe who has previously said that he wants to buy the club. I assume he'll be the favourite to get United.

I reckon they'll be a few bent British rich bas**rds who'll want the mancs and they still won't have the resources to fight the oil billions.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #11: Nov 23, 2022 01:19:07 pm
      It would be incredibly difficult to find owners who are worse than the Glazers.
      Quite easy to find owners worse than FSG.

I'd rather take the oil billions ta

We'd blow them away and don't worry I'm sure Ratcliffe's money is just as dodgy.

Just the oil baron's are richer than these supposed "British born" billionaires who still need  a consortium of shadowy rich bas**rds to try get the money needed to compete.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #12: Nov 23, 2022 01:50:48 pm
      Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

Mukesh Ambani is worth around $90b. Ok, but he's also the head of some company (Reliance?). Steve Balmer is worth about $80b, but a LOAD of that is tied up in shares with Microsoft (or something like that). Jim Ratcliffe is worth about $13.5b. All his own?

Then there is HBSE for example, whose two owners have a worth of around $7b and are (rumoured to be) interested in buying us. Only $7b - but surely they wouldn't buy us only to see over half their fortune disappear? Toon's owners are worth around £320b so forget that because money is no object.

So what actual money do these entities have available, to spend? What should I be looking at, personal wealth, total wealth, just the company wealth?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13: Nov 23, 2022 02:26:35 pm
      Nothing to fear here, we as a club are a far better attraction than that f***in sh*t hole, where we are seeking new investment for transfer’s, that lot need a complete overhaul including Stadia, training facilities and the billions it’s likely to cost to build a competitive squad,

We’re but a couple of £hundred million away from a brand new shiny midfield and re-joining the title race, they are basically a rudderless raft of driftwood heading into a shitstorm, like I keep alluding to, Manure, before Fergie were a mediocre outfit languishing in mid table security, they say football is cyclical, looks like that isn’t far from being true, shitty club, shitty fans, shitty ground, have zero class and soon no f**ker will want them, once the Glazers have bled them dry 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, C*NT’S !!!

Y  N  W  A

Wake up you silly scouse kunt.

As a brand United are by far a bigger attraction than you lot! Arguably the biggest brand in football and certainly above you lot anyway. I’m not going to debate/argue shitty this shitty that as we will go round the houses.  :lmao:

On a serious note though to think the two most respected/converted teams in English football seem to be up for sale is a little frightening isn’t it ( we’ll I think so anyway) This once again highlights the massive change in football as a whole.

If we as fans don’t go along with it and except that either team could now be taken over by oil barons you will become the also rans. I don’t want to be a 33/1 chance every time we play. The new norm in society well and truly taking over and I’m glad I’m not a young teenager coming into the sport.

I hate the way the world is going and not looking pretty for us fans. Simple truth is we have to except it or fcuk off from the sport, the latter being very hard to do for most fans.
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2022 03:02:26 pm by Keith Singleton »
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #14: Jan 09, 2023 08:04:23 pm
      Wake up you silly scouse kunt.

As a brand United are by far a bigger attraction than you lot! Arguably the biggest brand in football and certainly above you lot anyway. I’m not going to debate/argue shitty this shitty that as we will go round the houses.  :lmao:

On a serious note though to think the two most respected/converted teams in English football seem to be up for sale is a little frightening isn’t it ( we’ll I think so anyway) This once again highlights the massive change in football as a whole.

If we as fans don’t go along with it and except that either team could now be taken over by oil barons you will become the also rans. I don’t want to be a 33/1 chance every time we play. The new norm in society well and truly taking over and I’m glad I’m not a young teenager coming into the sport.

I hate the way the world is going and not looking pretty for us fans. Simple truth is we have to except it or fcuk off from the sport, the latter being very hard to do for most fans.

True.
      Sell your soul or become obsolete.

Personally I’d rather we had a 33/1 chance of winning titles with our identity than becoming Scouse Oil FC who play their home games at the BP stadium.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15: Jan 09, 2023 08:08:39 pm
      True.
      Sell your soul or become obsolete.

Personally I’d rather we had a 33/1 chance of winning titles with our identity than becoming Scouse Oil FC who play their home games at the BP stadium.

Sadly Bob that’s how it’s all looking if we want to move forward. You rather go with the times or be left behind.   :f_wah:
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #16: Jan 09, 2023 08:10:23 pm
      Sadly Bob that’s how it’s all looking if we want to move forward. You rather go with the times or be left behind.   :f_wah:

What would you rather?
      Personally I think if you sell out your history should reset so your proud history isn’t tarnished.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17: Jan 09, 2023 08:17:47 pm
      What would you rather?
      Personally I think if you sell out your history should reset so your proud history isn’t tarnished.

Great question and I’m not sure really what the answer is. What I will say though is I don’t think either us could have our reputations tarnished because we are by far the two most successful clubs.

I do want success again though obviously, the only way I really see that is a takeover bid, think same applies to you lot now even though Klopp arguably No1 in many peoples eyes.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18: Feb 16, 2023 11:32:37 pm
      Bid coming in by Qatari investors before 10pm tomorrow nite. 🙏🙏🙏 GET THE YANKS OUT  :lmao:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #19: Feb 17, 2023 10:02:17 am
      Bid coming in by Qatari investors before 10pm tomorrow nite. 🙏🙏🙏 GET THE YANKS OUT  :lmao:

Would you be open to buying a few shares yourself, if it was remotely possible Keith
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #20: Feb 17, 2023 10:22:53 am

Plus Ratcliffe (Ineos) and a consortium of yanks & Saudi's!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21: Feb 17, 2023 02:31:04 pm
      Would you be open to buying a few shares yourself, if it was remotely possible Keith

Not in the slightest David.  ;D
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #22: Feb 17, 2023 07:38:52 pm

The Manchester derby will be like watching BP having a scrap with Esso.

Quick Reply