Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Man Utd also up for sale

Read 12144 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Man Utd also up for sale
      Reply #69: Feb 18, 2023 01:29:45 pm
      There appears to be a significant difference between the Glazers and FSG. The Glazers are holding a very public auction and they appear to only care about how much money they get with no concern for the club's future. FSG are doing things slowly and quietly and appear to have a genuine desire to sell some or all of the club to people who will be good owners rather than accepting the highest bid.

A cynical person might suggest that FSG just have a better PR department but we'll not know if that is correct until the 2 clubs are sold (or United is sold and FSG get a significant investment and declare Liverpool is not for sale).

They need to pay off loans they have taken out just on a larger scale than G & H. So they want to pay them off and make a profit. Hence the 5 billion price tag.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #70: Feb 18, 2023 01:30:52 pm
      If Ratcliffe buys Utd there won’t be much change from the Glazers in that he will pile debt onto the club.

Not too sure he'll pile it on like the Glazer's have.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #71: Feb 18, 2023 01:54:38 pm
      Not too sure he'll pile it on like the Glazer's have.

I read that any debt needed to buy the club would be on Ineos accounts, not United.

I think Radcliffe would probably be the best owner for United- from the area, appears to be a genuine fan and a good businessman but he could get outbid. I don't think he has as much money as a state backed bid, I assume that the Qatari bid is state backed even if they have to try to hide this from PL and EUFA.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #72: Feb 18, 2023 01:59:00 pm
      I read that any debt needed to buy the club would be on Ineos accounts, not United.

I think Radcliffe would probably be the best owner for United- from the area, appears to be a genuine fan and a good businessman but he could get outbid. I don't think he has as much money as a state backed bid, I assume that the Qatari bid is state backed even if they have to try to hide this from PL and EUFA.

Yeah seen something similar, plus were as others have made noises about Chelsea, Spurs etc, Ratcliffe has made it known he's only interested in utd.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #73: Feb 18, 2023 02:10:00 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #74: Feb 18, 2023 02:13:28 pm
      Ha ha! Love you too Keith!

But honestly, it beggars belief why Mab Utd would need let alone want Qatari owners. Unlike City back in 2008, United are big enough to sustain and be victorious on their own. Without the need to financially dope and corrupt their way to the top. As a Liverpool supporter, Ratcliffe would worry me more because he savvy and would probably develop United in a way that was self sufficient and sustainable long after he leaves / sells the club.

Those fans gagging for state ownership have to envision an end game years down the future. The chances are that with oil rich dictatorships it will end in tears.

Some have already tethered themselves dangerously close to Russia over the last year. It's not inconceivable that these states will find themselves on the wrong side of a diplomatic divide between East and West in future. And then what? Sanctions galore. City's owners are expunged from UK and assets are seized. Miraculously all the totally non UAE affiliated sponsors of City disappear and the club find themselves close to insolvency.

There's a lot of Qatari and Middle Eastern money flowing around Britain at the moment. Not least London and Manchester. So some will say, it can never happen because we're financially bound to these corrupt states. Well, that's what they said about Russian money in London throughout the last 20/30 years and now look at that.

And yet some Liverpool and Man Utd fans are gagging for that.

I am of the opinion there’s no longevity in having a state owned club for the reasons you’ve openly stated. It’s like a quick fix to the on going problems in our game. Obviously I like the quick fix from my prospective but since I can’t have my choice ( Jeff Bezos even though he’s a yank  🤣  ) beggars can’t be choosers.

Football off the field is arguably in the worse state it’s even been and the sweeping changes I’m pretty sure the majority don’t like where it’s heading.

I honestly believe the reason why many United & Liverpool for it is merely because they’re all fed up of city walking away with it year on year out.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #75: Feb 18, 2023 02:17:15 pm
      There appears to be a significant difference between the Glazers and FSG. The Glazers are holding a very public auction and they appear to only care about how much money they get with no concern for the club's future. FSG are doing things slowly and quietly and appear to have a genuine desire to sell some or all of the club to people who will be good owners rather than accepting the highest bid.

A cynical person might suggest that FSG just have a better PR department but we'll not know if that is correct until the 2 clubs are sold (or United is sold and FSG get a significant investment and declare Liverpool is not for sale).

I’m not so sure Gaz. Personally I think who ever loses out in the battle to get United may well go for Liverpool. They’re the two biggest clubs with the most privileged history. Time will tell.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #76: Feb 18, 2023 02:21:09 pm
      I’m not so sure Gaz. Personally I think who ever loses out in the battle to get United may well go for Liverpool. They’re the two biggest clubs with the most privileged history. Time will tell.
      I can imagine the spin they'd have to put out if that happened. "Yeah, we weren't really going to buy Utd. We were just making sure we hiked the sale price by taking part in a phony bidding war."

No sloppy seconds here.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #77: Feb 18, 2023 02:31:26 pm
      I can imagine the spin they'd have to put out if that happened. "Yeah, we weren't really going to buy Utd. We were just making sure we hiked the sale price by taking part in a phony bidding war."

No sloppy seconds here.

It’s what billionaires do, that’s why there billionaires  ;D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #78: Feb 20, 2023 07:36:02 pm
      Imagine if FSG has just played a blinder in destabilising Utd by drumming up a sale they know will turn out badly in the long run!

Admittedly, quite how the billions available for players are going to be a negative, is something I'm still working on.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #79: Feb 20, 2023 07:38:03 pm
      Imagine if FSG has just played a blinder in destabilising Utd by drumming up a sale they know will turn out badly in the long run!

Admittedly, quite how the billions available for players are going to be a negative, is something I'm still working on.

Well they’re Yanks so don’t rule it out.  :lmao:

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #80: Feb 21, 2023 11:22:28 am
      All gone quiet across the road. Keith, what's happening with your lot? Are you about to become the noisier neighbours or something?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #81: Feb 21, 2023 11:44:02 am
      Both bids about £2bn below what they want for the club if reports are correct

What it has done is show Neville to be a huge hypocrite
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #82: Feb 21, 2023 11:46:09 am
      All gone quiet across the road. Keith, what's happening with your lot? Are you about to become the noisier neighbours or something?

I’m hoping so Rushie  ;D

These things take time with so much money involved. Hopefully all sorted before the summer transfer window will do me just fine as long as we do have new owners.  Let Glazers hit & run, they’ve made enough.

Annoyingly they can leave us with so much debt yet the Oilys prepared to right it as off as loose change if the transfer goes through. The mind boggles  :f_doh:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #83: Feb 21, 2023 12:38:52 pm
      I’m hoping so Rushie  ;D

These things take time with so much money involved. Hopefully all sorted before the summer transfer window will do me just fine as long as we do have new owners.  Let Glazers hit & run, they’ve made enough.

Annoyingly they can leave us with so much debt yet the Oilys prepared to right it as off as loose change if the transfer goes through. The mind boggles  :f_doh:
      You are going to be insufferable. I just know it :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #84: Feb 21, 2023 02:21:53 pm
      You are going to be insufferable. I just know it :D

Me!! I’m not that bad am I  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #85: Feb 21, 2023 06:15:29 pm
      given the money UTD have spent I am not sure how having Qatari money will make much difference? .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #86: Feb 21, 2023 06:35:59 pm
      given the money UTD have spent I am not sure how having Qatari money will make much difference? .

Got a manager now mate, that’s the difference.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #87: Apr 11, 2023 10:04:23 pm
      Looks like final round of the bidding for us lot!  goes in the end of April. Apparently 7 interested parties but 5 of them are minority stakes.

Hope your all calling me a dirty oily manc soon.  :lmao:
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #88: Apr 12, 2023 10:20:10 am
      Looks like final round of the bidding for us lot!  goes in the end of April. Apparently 7 interested parties but 5 of them are minority stakes.

Hope your all calling me a dirty oily manc soon.  :lmao:

Whatever suits you I guess…
      I think most fans nowadays just want to win. If they all got together like they did to protest about the super league and instead demanded salary caps and transfer limits perhaps we could see real change.

Personally I think it’s too late for football now. Only a monumental financial collapse could save it.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #89: Apr 12, 2023 10:26:43 am
      Whatever suits you I guess…
      I think most fans nowadays just want to win. If they all got together  like they did to protest about the super league and instead demanded salary caps and transfer limits perhaps we could see real change.

Personally I think it’s too late for football now. Only a monumental financial collapse could save it.

United still currently working on a salary cap so not dead in the water yet. Thing is if one club has the balls to do it and the sheep follow will be great for the fans as these greedy footballers are just like fooking owners, they just want more.   :f_steam:
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #90: Apr 12, 2023 10:36:03 am
      United still currently working on a salary cap so not dead in the water yet. Thing is if one club has the balls to do it and the sheep follow will be great for the fans as these greedy footballers are just like fooking owners, they just want more.   :f_steam:

Aye.
      I can’t see it now. Might as well just accept it and rest football like tv series where you are not emotionally attached but you get an hour a week or so of entertainment.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #91: Apr 28, 2023 08:40:58 pm

Quick Reply