Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Julian Ward to leave Liverpool role at end of season

Read 10936 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Julian Ward to leave Liverpool role at end of season
      Reply #115: May 10, 2023 07:24:57 am
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #116: May 10, 2023 08:19:55 am
      Sounds alright to me. Dont know enough to make any real Judgements.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #117: May 10, 2023 09:31:05 am
      German sources stating it's a 3 month deal to help the club out this summer whilst local sources saying it's until 2026.

Interested to see how it pans out and whether this is a stop gap until our long term target is available.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #118: May 10, 2023 05:17:07 pm
      3 month deal as a consultant.

What’s he consulting on 🤷‍♂️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #119: May 10, 2023 06:03:48 pm
      Don't know how in the F**k I would know enough about this guy to say whether it's a bad or good signing. If he has a good relationship with Klopp then let's see where it takes us.

I guarantee not one of the folks decrying his hiring would be able to know 3 suitable alternatives.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #120: May 10, 2023 06:59:51 pm
      Looks a bit like Hopper from Stranger Things. Bodes well?

Hopefully he can wrap up some nice deals for us. I have no real idea what a DOF does other than negotiating transfers and offering a view on new signings.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #121: May 10, 2023 07:14:20 pm
      German sources stating it's a 3 month deal to help the club out this summer whilst local sources saying it's until 2026.

Interested to see how it pans out and whether this is a stop gap until our long term target is available.

Jan Aage Fjortoft has said it’s a 3 month deal and sometimes he gets things very wrong
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #122: May 11, 2023 12:49:20 pm
      3 month deal as a consultant.

What’s he consulting on 🤷‍♂️

Probably to pick up on the work Julian is leaving behind during a summer transfer window

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #123: May 11, 2023 01:37:08 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0atJaLasf4

Throw in coach is also leaving (interesting video)
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #124: Aug 08, 2023 03:51:57 am
      So far, despite a nice start to our summer business, the fears I had and voiced in this thread seemed to be, at least partially, justified. Our transfer strategy is vague if not completely imperceptible. An overall frustrating sluggishness in the way we make our business and react to things.

We started well with Mac and Szobo which indicated some vision and a plan. If you remember,  after those two deals, talk around a midfielder slowed down and the CB situation started being discussed. That's when it started going downhill and it doesn't seem like it will go back up in my opinion. We were, once again, interested in one CB who, as per chance, was one of the only young CBs that is completely unavailable. Chelsea shut the door and we haven't heard a single thing about that position after that.

Then came bids for Hendo and Fabinho which, at the end of the day, the club can accept or refuse. However, I understand the player might make it clear he'd like to move so we'll assume this is what happened in both cases. It took 3 weeks for those deals to be completed. I thought oh great, we must be working on stuff behind the scenes so that the arrival of reinforcements is more or less synchronized with the departures (for all the usual reasons you'd like to conclude that type of business before announcing departures). Nope. Here we are. We were ''interested'' in Lavia for 3/4 of the summer and we seem to be spending the remaining quarter of it bidding below the asking price while time is running out and we have no CDM (I guess someone is going to tell me Bajcetic will be our CDM and all that good stuff. If so then suit yourself. Wont say anything. I'll be hoping you are right and he can pull it off).

Overall sluggishness, lack of vision and most importantly what seems to be a state of cognitive dissonance between what the manager is hinting that he wants and what the club is doing on the market (not much) which translates into what can be described as an illogical approach to the market.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #125: Aug 12, 2023 01:38:50 pm
      My mind keeps going back to this thread and the questions that were asked in it back in January and later on before the season was over. Turns out it was all just as bad as some (including me) were worried it was if not worse.

We hired a guy from Germany to be our DOF a week before the window opened despite Ward leaving having been announced in November. We didn't plan for a more established DOF, no transition, no nothing. Just hired Jorg 5 days before the window opened and seemingly told him to ''work with the manager''. Nothing more, nothing less.

As far as transfer target it pretty much seems like we also had no plan whatsoever. I think the manager pretty much knows what positions he wants to reinforce, but as far as an actual plan with primary targets and secondary targets goes, nothing. The only signing that looked sort of planned was Mac Allister and then again, wasn't that in the works before the season was even over?

Just to give you an idea of how unprepared and completely clueless we are we were surprised by Fabinho and Henderson leaving for 3 straight weeks while their transfers was being completed. Then we spent another week being surprised they had actually left after we had signed deals with their respective Saudi clubs. We then turned around and said ''we need a DM'' (when everyone agreed we needed one before Fabinho was ever touted to leave) and our primary target was revealed to be 50M Romeo Lavia. Fast forward 2 weeks later and our secondary target appears to have been 110M Moises Caicedo! Nothing weird here at all, move along!

I wont describe the rest of the situation as it just unfolded in front of us in the last 48hrs. Great stuff.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #126: Aug 16, 2023 01:45:10 pm
      My mind keeps going back to this thread and the questions that were asked in it back in January and later on before the season was over. Turns out it was all just as bad as some (including me) were worried it was if not worse.

We hired a guy from Germany to be our DOF a week before the window opened despite Ward leaving having been announced in November. We didn't plan for a more established DOF, no transition, no nothing. Just hired Jorg 5 days before the window opened and seemingly told him to ''work with the manager''. Nothing more, nothing less.

As far as transfer target it pretty much seems like we also had no plan whatsoever. I think the manager pretty much knows what positions he wants to reinforce, but as far as an actual plan with primary targets and secondary targets goes, nothing. The only signing that looked sort of planned was Mac Allister and then again, wasn't that in the works before the season was even over?

Just to give you an idea of how unprepared and completely clueless we are we were surprised by Fabinho and Henderson leaving for 3 straight weeks while their transfers was being completed. Then we spent another week being surprised they had actually left after we had signed deals with their respective Saudi clubs. We then turned around and said ''we need a DM'' (when everyone agreed we needed one before Fabinho was ever touted to leave) and our primary target was revealed to be 50M Romeo Lavia. Fast forward 2 weeks later and our secondary target appears to have been 110M Moises Caicedo! Nothing weird here at all, move along!

I wont describe the rest of the situation as it just unfolded in front of us in the last 48hrs. Great stuff.

It does feel that there is no real leadership within the club at the moment. The owners tried to sell last year, couldn't, and now make the occasional trip over whenever we are playing at a ground that is close to Heathrow!
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #127: Aug 16, 2023 10:02:08 pm

We're a shambles mate. We don't plan for anything. We just sit on our hands because of the owners. That's why we got caught overtaken and left behind last season.

How long did we go without a head doctor? And now ward announces he's going in November and it's lastminute.com. to bring in his replacement.

Feels like Jürgen is all that stands between us and complete chaos. He's applying plasters and bandages everywhere currently.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #128: Sep 03, 2023 10:55:03 pm
      Some.rumours saying on his way back not sure how reliable.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #129: Sep 04, 2023 06:27:35 am
      Hope we start setting the wheels in motion for Mitchell. Bit confused about his situation, Monaco brought in his replacement and a new manager, but looks like he still might be around? Or the internet isn’t up to date.

Quick Reply