Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

FORMULA 1 2023

Read 19862 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Re: FORMULA 1 2023
      Reply #23: Mar 05, 2023 04:20:45 pm
      Fernando P3 8) 8)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,023 posts | 2089 
      Reply #24: Mar 06, 2023 01:28:38 pm
      Thought Alonso was mighty - that final stint was spectacular. Red Bull - imperious, unbeatable even?

Mercedes - Lewis and George doing the best they could really. But my word, it's extremely disappointing to see how they've not stepped forward. Ocon - pretty much the racing equivalent of Sideshow Bob stepping on rakes with the rulebook. Can't deny that it was amusing. :laugh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #25: Mar 06, 2023 01:42:35 pm
      Thought Alonso was mighty - that final stint was spectacular. Red Bull - imperious, unbeatable even?

Mercedes - Lewis and George doing the best they could really. But my word, it's extremely disappointing to see how they've not stepped forward. Ocon - pretty much the racing equivalent of Sideshow Bob stepping on rakes with the rulebook. Can't deny that it was amusing. :laugh:

Much as I’m not a fan of Alonso I did enjoy watching him get a justified podium position. I didn’t watch the ending though thank god to see that tw@t pick up the trophy. I didn’t even listen to the post race comments.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #26: Mar 06, 2023 02:19:18 pm
      Aston Martin with the second fastest car over a race distance.
      Disappointed to see Mercedes locked themselves into the zero sidepod concept again.
      There is common ground being found on some of the aero concepts and Mercedes and
      McLaren are not there with theirs.

https://twitter.com/fiagirly/status/1632442478996381696?s=20
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #27: Mar 06, 2023 03:08:57 pm
      Much as I’m not a fan of Alonso I did enjoy watching him get a justified podium position. I didn’t watch the ending though thank god to see that tw@t pick up the trophy. I didn’t even listen to the post race comments.

I'm a huge Alonso fan and hope the Aston's keep pace this season. Would be great to see him duelling with Max
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #28: Mar 06, 2023 03:16:46 pm
      I'm a huge Alonso fan and hope the Aston's keep pace this season. Would be great to see him duelling with Max

Great start for them mate but can you really see Aston getting any where near red bull in a short space of time? That’s a big ask for me and can’t see it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #29: Mar 06, 2023 03:24:58 pm
      Great start for them mate but can you really see Aston getting any where near red bull in a short space of time? That’s a big ask for me and can’t see it.

Nah don't see it in all honesty but great to have them up there at least for a few races. Even if there among Ferrari and Merc could give us some interest while Max flies off into the distance
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #30: Mar 19, 2023 05:06:05 pm
      Yes Fernando!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #31: Mar 19, 2023 05:07:47 pm
      Even without a time penalty won't stay there. That RedBull is rapid
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32: Mar 21, 2023 03:41:03 pm
      Even without a time penalty won't stay there. That RedBull is rapid

Still wild to see Alonso in the second fastest car on the grid.
      Plenty of podiums to be had before Mercedes bring a Red Bull / Aston Martin concept to track.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #33: Mar 21, 2023 04:02:30 pm
      Still wild to see Alonso in the second fastest car on the grid.
      Plenty of podiums to be had before Mercedes bring a Red Bull / Aston Martin concept to track.

It's fantastic.

Hope he makes the most of this early season pace.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #34: Mar 21, 2023 05:20:34 pm
      It's fantastic.

Hope he makes the most of this early season pace.

I’ve had a turn around in thoughts.  :roll: Due to the Mercs not being in the running I’d like Alonso to do well this year. He won’t be frighten of getting in a brawl with that tw@t Stappen.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35: Mar 21, 2023 08:15:07 pm
      I’ve had a turn around in thoughts.  :roll: Due to the Mercs not being in the running I’d like Alonso to do well this year. He won’t be frighten of getting in a brawl with that tw@t Stappen.

Give him the car and we’ll get fireworks 💥
      Depends on how Aston Martin develop across the season
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #36: Mar 21, 2023 09:17:05 pm
      Give him the car and we’ll get fireworks 💥
      Depends on how Aston Martin develop across the season

Can’t see AM maintaining it but will be great for the sport if they can. Not enjoying F1 at the moment and not watching it as much as I normally do.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #37: Mar 21, 2023 09:34:21 pm
      Can’t see AM maintaining it but will be great for the sport if they can. Not enjoying F1 at the moment and not watching it as much as I normally do.

Things like Aston Martin running near the front of the grid is what keeps my interest.

You lost interest the Mercs have lost pace Keith? Since you're boy isn't fighting for the wins??
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #38: Mar 21, 2023 09:42:33 pm
      Things like Aston Martin running near the front of the grid is what keeps my interest.

You lost interest the Mercs have lost pace Keith? Since you're boy isn't fighting for the wins??

Yeah I can see why Si, much as I went off Alonso for his dirty antics over the years I’ve quite enjoyed his turn around and great for the sport..

Yes I have lost interest for the reasons you state, just isn’t the same at the moment. Big Hamilton fan as you know and just like when our football teams don’t perform it does affect you mentally and also drains you, well it does me.  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #39: Mar 21, 2023 09:54:52 pm
      Yeah I can see why Si, much as I went off Alonso for his dirty antics over the years I’ve quite enjoyed his turn around and great for the sport..

Yes I have lost interest for the reasons you state, just isn’t the same at the moment. Big Hamilton fan as you know and just like when our football teams don’t perform it does affect you mentally and also drains you, well it does me.  ;D

Think me not have one 'favourite' driver helps me keep interested every season, well until it becomes a procession if one driver sews it up early, and think I'll always have that interest in the sport.

I'm a fan of Max, but also Alonso, and also Norris etc etc ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #40: Mar 21, 2023 10:00:56 pm
      [quote author =srslfc link=topic=53293.msg2539218#msg2539218 date=1679435692]
      Think me not have one 'favourite' driver helps me keep interested every season, well until it becomes a procession if one driver sews it up early, and think I'll always have that interest in the sport.

I'm a fan of Max, but also Alonso, and also Norris etc etc ;D
      [/quote]

You’re right not having a fav does help for sure.  ;D Also big fan of Norris and will be my No 1 when Hammy calls time. Thing is he’s also having it rough. 🤢🤣
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41: Mar 21, 2023 10:19:48 pm
      You’re right not having a fav does help for sure.  ;D Also big fan of Norris and will be my No 1 when Hammy calls time. Thing is he’s also having it rough. 🤢🤣

He'll be gone from McLaren soon if they don't sort their car out.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42: Mar 21, 2023 10:33:58 pm
      He'll be gone from McLaren soon if they don't sort their car out.

I know and Red Bull mentioned. 🤢🤢🤢
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #43: Mar 22, 2023 06:40:54 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      Much as I’m not a fan of Alonso I did enjoy watching him get a justified podium position. I didn’t watch the ending though thank god. I didn’t even listen to the post race comments.

In fairness, none of us did, not even me. For once, there was more important events going on. Take a look.

https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,53393.msg2512201/topicseen.html#new

Quote from srslfc

That would be the same Aston Martin car that also broke last year's budget cap, I see, driven by  someone who told Hamilton his honest opinion of him in Spa last year. Why would anyone here support him then?

Dumb and Dumber struck again in the stewards room in Saudi. They are not even suitable to officiate a karting event in front of six men and a dog, let alone the biggest events at the top of the sport, with a global audience watching at all hours of the day and night. First Alonso was penalised for starting not in the wrong grid slot, but in merely the wrong side of his grid slot. Then the SC was sent out for no reason. Then Alonso was penalised again for the grid slot issue, 35 laps and a podium ceremony later. Eventually 3 hours after that, someone in the room had an outbreak of common sense, and decided that the podium result should stand.

Whatever happened to the 5/10 second stop/go penalty or the drive thru pit lane penalty? Have they gone out of fashion or binned off or something? Adding on token penalties at the end of races is farcical and is no deterrent to the drivers or teams. But forcing them to take a separate penalty in the pit lane losing half a minute in the process, will make them comply with the regulations more. And give Dumb and Dumber in the stewards room less chances to embarrass themselves after every race weekend.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #44: Mar 22, 2023 06:42:44 pm
      very bullish noises coming from Merc about upcoming developments they are going to look pretty silly if they dont improve massively on the first two races
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #45: Mar 22, 2023 06:54:24 pm
      very bullish noises coming from Merc about upcoming developments they are going to look pretty silly if they dont improve massively on the first two races

Not read that Walt you got the link.

Quick Reply