Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

FORMULA 1 2023

Read 19421 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: FORMULA 1 2023
      Reply #46: Mar 22, 2023 10:20:08 pm
      Not read that Walt you got the link.

Toto has said the zero pod concept is dead. They will be adopting the RB/AM type pods
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #47: Mar 24, 2023 09:35:15 am
      https://www.facebook.com/reel/942623386755673?fs=e&s=aEkTS0                         Take a look at this  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #48: Mar 25, 2023 10:54:42 am
      Nelson Piquet fined the equivalent of nearly a million dollars in Brazil for his racist attacks against Lewis Hamilton.

Not surprising coming from such a reprehensible character but comments that were allowed to gestate freely without any attempt of moderation by Red Bull during that fractious 2021 season.

A c**t of a human being. Biggest shame in f1 is that he has the same amount of titles as his compatriot Senna.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #49: Apr 02, 2023 11:01:10 am
      F1 is turning into the French league. Boring.
      They need to change it up a bit. The excitement seems to have been taken away.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #50: Apr 02, 2023 12:26:11 pm
      F1 is turning into the French league. Boring.
      They need to change it up a bit. The excitement seems to have been taken away.

I got up 5.50am to watch it and it was worth every second of it on the first lap when Mercs went 1 & 2 and Stappen squealing like a pig that Lewis rode him off the track.  :lmao: Stappen is like some of these yanks! they can give it but can’t take it.  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #51: Apr 02, 2023 01:25:49 pm
      Wretched race direction at the Auatralian Grand Prix. Masi's presence in the paddock clearly having an effect!

What's clear is that the sport is becoming badly compromised by too much of an awareness towards 'the show'. Masi's antics in 2021 has opened a pandora's box that the governing body is struggling to contain. Not made any easier by the wretched presidency that now overlooks the FIA.

Has to be harder than this for Max and Red Bull. They've created a beast - enjoy one of the greatest cars ever made. That said, when these regulation changes were brought in last year, I'm not sure if this is what Ross Brawn envisaged. Max overtaking Lewis as though it was a different formula altogether. Ultimately though, the fault lies with Mercedes, Ferrari and all the other challengers to Red Bull. Some big technical leadership failings in Merc and Ferrari especially.

Also, doubts creeping in about Leclerc?
      « Last Edit: Apr 02, 2023 01:30:51 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #52: Apr 02, 2023 01:38:58 pm

Also, doubts creeping in about Leclerc?

Doubts are justified too. Always said he had temperament issues as good as he is and once again proving the case. Doesn’t help that Ferrari can’t get any reliability in and out of the car either. Unless Mercs can get the necessary upgrades Stappen will make it No 2
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #53: Apr 02, 2023 02:18:31 pm
      Doubts are justified too. Always said he had temperament issues as good as he is and once again proving the case. Doesn’t help that Ferrari can’t get any reliability in and out of the car either. Unless Mercs can get the necessary upgrades Stappen will make it No 2

The best Mercedes can do is hope to finish the year as the second fastest on the grid.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #54: Apr 02, 2023 02:23:52 pm
      The best Mercedes can do is hope to finish the year as the second fastest on the grid.

I’d take that now being honest. See the way that racist tw@t went passed Lewis 😱 Was like F1 v F2 🤢
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #55: Apr 02, 2023 02:37:33 pm
      I’d take that now being honest. See the way that racist tw@t went passed Lewis 😱 Was like F1 v F2 🤢

Like taking candy from a baby. Exposed the gulf between the two cars. Don't think Liberty will want to see too much of that again in future but it's a sight they'll have to get used to in 2023.

Feel for Russell - supremely unlucky.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #56: Apr 02, 2023 02:49:01 pm
      Like taking candy from a baby. Exposed the gulf between the two cars. Don't think Liberty will want to see too much of that again in future but it's a sight they'll have to get used to in 2023.

Feel for Russell - supremely unlucky.

Awful to the eye isn’t it, especially to Hamilton fans. 🤢
      I’m liking more and more of Russell  but did think he was complaining far too early ( couple of laps ) about Lewis being aggressive and trying to overtake.  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #57: Apr 02, 2023 07:46:56 pm
      Awful to the eye isn’t it, especially to Hamilton fans. 🤢
      I’m liking more and more of Russell  but did think he was complaining far too early ( couple of laps ) about Lewis being aggressive and trying to overtake.  ;D

Ha ha, I suppose if its your team mate you're going to get a bit angsty. Regardless, always handy to remember your team mate isn't going to go away to easily, especially if it's Lewis Hamilton!

I feel Verstappen could have lapped the field if he wanted to! An absolute luxury to basically coast for most the race once he dispatched Lewis.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #58: Apr 02, 2023 07:57:45 pm

I feel Verstappen could have lapped the field if he wanted to! An absolute luxury to basically coast for most the race once he dispatched Lewis.

He had it coasting in automatic  drive 🤢
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #59: Apr 02, 2023 10:02:59 pm
      Just seen the highlights.

That final restart. Absolute carnage.

I'm loving the Alonso renaissance. Finally makes the right move at the right time.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #60: Apr 03, 2023 11:59:46 am
      Just seen the highlights.

That final restart. Absolute carnage.

I'm loving the Alonso renaissance. Finally makes the right move at the right time.

It's great to see - I haven't seen him this happy / on it since maybe his first stint at Renault? Which, given that such a period pre-dated Lewis Hamilton, is an extraordinarily long time!

He's a remarkable driver. It's just a shame that his temperament has failed him too often because that's probably his only flaw (admittedly a big flaw).
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #61: Apr 13, 2023 10:43:46 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Wretched race direction at the Auatralian Grand Prix. Masi's presence in the paddock clearly having an effect!

What's clear is that the sport is becoming badly compromised by too much of an awareness towards 'the show'. Masi's antics in 2021 has opened a pandora's box that the governing body is struggling to contain. Not made any easier by the wretched presidency that now overlooks the FIA.

Has to be harder than this for Max and Red Bull. They've created a beast - enjoy one of the greatest cars ever made. That said, when these regulation changes were brought in last year, I'm not sure if this is what Ross Brawn envisaged.

No it isn't, but now it's the Mercs turn to know what trailing a dominant car race after race feels like.

Masi bears no responsibility whatsoever for the hopeless incompetence of those who replaced him. Yet again, the headlines after a race are all about the steward who came in last year threatening to apply every law in the book to the letter, (even jewellery regulations) and even with VAR around to ensure that's what he did, it turns out he's useless.

Now it's off to Baku and back to the sprints. There are only 2 more races this season not part of double headers. The nature of racing nowadays means F1 has to get as much of a show in as possible, to retain those still watching.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #62: Apr 21, 2023 07:40:34 pm
      James Allison returns to the Technical Director role at Mercedes. Interesting move but probably the right one. Mike Elliott takes Allison's position.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #63: Apr 21, 2023 07:44:28 pm
      James Allison returns to the Technical Director role at Mercedes. Interesting move but probably the right one. Mike Elliott takes Allison's position.

I like the change, let’s hope it gets us back on track.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #64: Apr 21, 2023 08:44:11 pm
      I like the change, let’s hope it gets us back on track.

He's great. Clever mind and a great communicator. Pivotal to the development of Schumacher's string of early 00s Ferrari's and Alonso's mid 00 Renaults. And of course, pulled a rabbit out of the hat with some masterfully designed cars for Lotus a decade ago. Glad they've kept him and Elliott on and re-jigged to correct course and both responsible enough to realise they had to correct course.

Always enjoyed James' race debrief vlogs. A great communicator and a great leader I'm sure. I feel we could do with hearing more from tech leads in general. It's a shame that f1 media spends too much time talking to the team principles because the Technical leadership is where the really insightful stuff comes from. F1 broadcasts have moved away from that. I remember back in the early 00s, you'd hear as much from Ross Brawn, Adrian Newey, Patrick Head almost as much as Jean Todt, Ron Dennis and Frank Williams. Then again, those were the ITV days, who didn't focus too much on sensationalism and forced chumminess like Sky Sports.
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2023 09:31:47 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #65: Apr 22, 2023 10:21:04 am
      He's great. Clever mind and a great communicator. Pivotal to the development of Schumacher's string of early 00s Ferrari's and Alonso's mid 00 Renaults. And of course, pulled a rabbit out of the hat with some masterfully designed cars for Lotus a decade ago. Glad they've kept him and Elliott on and re-jigged to correct course and both responsible enough to realise they had to correct course.

Always enjoyed James' race debrief vlogs. A great communicator and a great leader I'm sure. I feel we could do with hearing more from tech leads in general. It's a shame that f1 media spends too much time talking to the team principles because the Technical leadership is where the really insightful stuff comes from. F1 broadcasts have moved away from that. I remember back in the early 00s, you'd hear as much from Ross Brawn, Adrian Newey, Patrick Head almost as much as Jean Todt, Ron Dennis and Frank Williams. Then again, those were the ITV days, who didn't focus too much on sensationalism and forced chumminess like Sky Sports.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12862571/mercedes-reshuffle-technical-team-as-james-allison-and-mike-elliott-swap-roles
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #66: Apr 29, 2023 02:40:34 pm
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Stappen doesn’t like a taste of his own medicine does he  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Doesn’t like it when others who have nothing to lose stick their shoulders out going round bends. He did it all to often with Hamilton in the passed. What goes around comes around. Fcuking w@nker.  :tosser:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #67: Apr 29, 2023 03:13:45 pm
      Stappen called Russell a dick head on TV   :lmao: #lovinit  :lmao:
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #68: Apr 29, 2023 06:06:31 pm
      If Leclerc can hold on to a podium tomorrow it will have been a great week for him!

Quick Reply