Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

FORMULA 1 2023

Read 19423 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: FORMULA 1 2023
      Reply #69: Apr 29, 2023 06:25:14 pm
      If Leclerc can hold on to a podium tomorrow it will have been a great week for him!

Hopefully, Stappen got bee in his bonnet so fingers crossed he loses it again like he did today.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #70: Apr 29, 2023 07:53:30 pm
      Hopefully, Stappen got bee in his bonnet so fingers crossed he loses it again like he did today.

Leclerc needs to not get in his own head and push when there is no need, I am hoping the crash won't play on his mind.

I think it will end up Max, Perez & Leclerc.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #71: Apr 29, 2023 07:57:32 pm
      Leclerc needs to not get in his own head and push when there is no need, I am hoping the crash won't play on his mind.

I think it will end up Max, Perez & Leclerc.

Thatā€™s the only problem I have with LeClerc, heā€™s prone to mistakes, invariably theyā€™re big ones.   :f_doh:
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #72: Apr 29, 2023 07:59:26 pm
      Thatā€™s the only problem I have with LeClerc, heā€™s prone to mistakes, invariably theyā€™re big ones.   :f_doh:

Yeah I am a Leclerc fan boy but he won't be a world champion if he can't cut that sh*t out.

When it comes to pure pace I think he is the best on the grid.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #73: May 06, 2023 06:20:52 pm
      Iā€™m desperate 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø Unless Hamilton- Russell - LeClerc or Norris go in a red bull no one can touch this kunt.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #74: May 06, 2023 06:25:00 pm
      Iā€™m desperate 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø Unless Hamilton- Russell - LeClerc or Norris go in a red bull no one can touch this kunt.

Another dead rubber season
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #75: May 06, 2023 09:17:38 pm
      Love Hulk. Great having him back in f1

Mercedes look grim this weekend. Can't imagine where they would be if they only had a good / decent lineup in that car.

Two world class drivers dragging round a gypsy wagon.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #76: May 06, 2023 10:46:57 pm
      Iā€™ll take that  :lmao: Stappen 9thā€¦
      Once again another crash for Leclerc  :f_doh: dear oh dear.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #77: May 06, 2023 10:47:19 pm
      Alonso front row 👀
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #78: May 07, 2023 10:36:16 pm
      Wouldn't be surprised if Red Bull do a clean sweep. If Perez had won then it would have made team dynamics at Red Bull interesting. Don't think this was what Ross Brawn and Co had in mind when rejigging the technical regs.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #79: May 08, 2023 09:41:30 am
      Wouldn't be surprised if Red Bull do a clean sweep. If Perez had won then it would have made team dynamics at Red Bull interesting. Don't think this was what Ross Brawn and Co had in mind when rejigging the technical regs.

All they've done is change the team that's dominating.
      Wasn't much in the way of DRS free passing either.
      The cars are just too big now.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #80: May 08, 2023 10:05:13 am
      An absolute procession.  Barring an accident that keeps him out long term the title is a boring 1 horse race. Even if he missed 5 or 6 races through injury he'd win the championship. An absolute snoozefest.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #81: May 08, 2023 11:12:19 am
      George Russel reckons Red Bull are actually sandbagging holding back from their true pace. Verstappen over took two cars at once as if they were standing still. A boring season ahead.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #82: May 08, 2023 02:22:32 pm

I donā€™t think Perez winning would make a blind bit of difference mate. Heā€™s not even close to being in the same league as that kunt. Perez is just a good driver in a world class motor.  Put  Hamilton - Russell - Lando - or even LeClerc who is prone to smashing his car up would make it a closer championship than Perez.

My viewing time has dropped significantly now that red bull become a class act. Stappen could start last and still win such the dominance of the car. Fair play though, much as I donā€™t like it credit whereā€™s credit due.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #83: May 08, 2023 09:00:04 pm
      I donā€™t think Perez winning would make a blind bit of difference mate. Heā€™s not even close to being in the same league as that kunt. Perez is just a good driver in a world class motor.  Put  Hamilton - Russell - Lando - or even LeClerc who is prone to smashing his car up would make it a closer championship than Perez.

My viewing time has dropped significantly now that red bull become a class act. Stappen could start last and still win such the dominance of the car. Fair play though, much as I donā€™t like it credit whereā€™s credit due.

Interesting that your viewing time has dropped since the guy you like isn't winning anymore.

I'm genuinely curious if you found the Mercedes dominance in anyway monotonous or is it just because you don't like Max and RB?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #84: May 08, 2023 09:15:23 pm
      Interesting that your viewing time has dropped since the guy you like isn't winning anymore.

I'm genuinely curious if you found the Mercedes dominance in anyway monotonous or is it just because you don't like Max and RB?

Think itā€™s the rose tints Si. Youā€™re basically right in what youā€™ve said. Guilty as charged. Use to like red bull years ago but since Stappen arrived  along with Horner been pretty much kunts.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #85: May 28, 2023 09:08:43 pm
      pretty easy day for Max nobody near them really.
      Caught some of the Indy 500 and what a sham its just a series of crashes and red flags. Now 3 laps to go after the latest Red Flag and now we seem to have a Hamilton situation with the leader with one lap to go being set up to be overtaken. It appears it is not only football that has idiot administrators
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #86: May 29, 2023 12:11:29 pm
      pretty easy day for Max nobody near them really.
      Caught some of the Indy 500 and what a sham its just a series of crashes and red flags. Now 3 laps to go after the latest Red Flag and now we seem to have a Hamilton situation with the leader with one lap to go being set up to be overtaken. It appears it is not only football that has idiot administrators

A pity Aston Martin didn't keep Alonso out for one more lap and make it interesting.
      They dropped the ball there. Maybe they need a new weather radar.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #87: Jun 01, 2023 04:40:11 pm
      From a competitive aspect it would be unfair to penalise Red Bull for getting it so right (ala Ferrari and the one tyre rule in 2005). But at the same time, forgetting about the one car dominance, the cars themselves are horrifying. Hasn't made overtaking any easier and they've only become more cumbersome and heavy looking. Downright ugly to watch and listen to - kind of like Anne Widdecombe. It's night and day from the light, nimble vivacious cars of even 10 years ago. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #88: Jun 01, 2023 04:57:06 pm
      From a competitive aspect it would be unfair to penalise Red Bull for getting it so right (ala Ferrari and the one tyre rule in 2005). But at the same time, forgetting about the one car dominance, the cars themselves are horrifying. Hasn't made overtaking any easier and they've only become more cumbersome and heavy looking. Downright ugly to watch and listen to - kind of like Anne Widdecombe. It's night and day from the light, nimble vivacious cars of even 10 years ago. 

Well they did change the rules somewhat when the Mercs were dominating every year. Let them fcukers have a taste of what we got.   ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #89: Jun 01, 2023 05:16:46 pm

The FIA altered the floor edge dimensions in a way that penalised Mercedes more than Red Bull because of the differing concepts.
      What they should have done is penalised Red Bull for the overspend.

That however doesn't offset Mercedes going down the wrong development road and handing Red Bull an 18 month head start.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #90: Jun 02, 2023 02:22:05 pm
      The FIA altered the floor edge dimensions in a way that penalised Mercedes more than Red Bull because of the differing concepts.
      What they should have done is penalised Red Bull for the overspend.

That however doesn't offset Mercedes going down the wrong development road and handing Red Bull an 18 month head start.

Was that the 2021 rule change (favouring the high rake concept?) I remember Mercedes struggling badly in ore season testing that year so did well to be as competitive from the outset as they were that year.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #91: Jun 02, 2023 03:07:09 pm
      Was that the 2021 rule change (favouring the high rake concept?) I remember Mercedes struggling badly in ore season testing that year so did well to be as competitive from the outset as they were that year.

Yeah that was the final year before the big shake up.
      Hurt the Mercedes low rake concept, which worked around the rear tyres.
      They still came back with to win the Constructers.
      Cost cap has probably limited Mercedes more than most in how it responds to Red Bull
      in so far that they can't just outspend them in a development war.

Quick Reply