Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      5 (12.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      11 (28.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (2.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (2.6%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      2 (5.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (12.8%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (2.6%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      5 (12.8%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (5.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      3 (7.7%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Nat Phillips
      3 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: Dec 26, 2022 09:53:27 pm

Manchester City 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 7930 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Re: LIVE: Man City v Liverpool (League Cup)
      Reply #253: Dec 22, 2022 09:57:30 pm
      they are obviously a good team, not as good as the media make them out to be. But our defending is just shocking, we didn't deserve anything tonight. Nunez needs to work out whether he is a footballer or not, as he is pretty sh*te or pretty good.
      Harrisimo

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Re: Manchester City 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #254: Dec 22, 2022 09:57:58 pm
       Yes defensive errors, very poor playing out from the back, losing possession as a result. No press as they played out. Trademark this season. Not that important in the grand scheme etc,

On to Villa on boxing day.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #255: Dec 22, 2022 09:58:05 pm
      Good game.  Home advantage probably helped a little bit.

They've just got a bigger squad and de Bruyne was on the top of his game tonight whereas we just haven't got that in our midfield.

Three points required Boxing Day though - that's the main focus in the next few weeks.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #256: Dec 22, 2022 10:01:12 pm
      Rodrigo should have had 2 red cards.. but only got 1 yellow. Ridiculous how much the officials favour City and the stuff they get away with.

Other than that, a poor performance. Nunez was terrible.. with rare bright sparks. Summed up our team tonight.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #257: Dec 22, 2022 10:01:16 pm
      The Scottish kid who plays right back and sat on the bench for the whole game?

Brilliant so he's classed as below Milner and Joey Gomez.

A 35 year old midfielder and an ungainly centre half
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #258: Dec 22, 2022 10:02:53 pm
      I hope those games hammer it home to Jürgen and the club that you just cannot outcoach a more talented team. We need to pump more money into the team or those City, PSG etc. will runaway eventually.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #259: Dec 22, 2022 10:04:04 pm
      We need new owners. It's evident as ever. They will allow no big money to go to club investment and allow Klopp the likes of Jones, Gomez, Milner, Ox, etc. F**k off
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #260: Dec 22, 2022 10:04:30 pm
      Had every sympathy for joe Gomez but he is sh*te
      Harrisimo

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Re: LIVE: Man City v Liverpool (League Cup)
      Reply #261: Dec 22, 2022 10:04:31 pm
      they are obviously a good team, not as good as the media make them out to be. But our defending is just shocking, we didn't deserve anything tonight. Nunez needs to work out whether he is a footballer or not, as he is pretty sh*te or pretty good.

He arrived in the middle of a slight downward trend. Obviously needs to be sharper but he does contribute. He will improve I think but the team overall has to work harder to get possession, then get it up to Mo and Nunez much quicker.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #262: Dec 22, 2022 10:06:59 pm
      It's always disappointing to lose any game and I want to win every cup we are in BUT it's obvious Klopp wanted everyone to have a run out and it probably cost us the game but we've got a huge game coming up on 26th that we have to win.
      Nunez still massively a work in progress . We need at least 2 young quality midfielders to replace Ox, Keita and Milner.
      Whatever we do or don't do in the transfer market we MUST keep our place in the CL
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #263: Dec 22, 2022 10:08:25 pm
      Well that sucked
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #264: Dec 22, 2022 10:10:03 pm
      We need new owners. It's evident as ever. They will allow no big money to go to club investment and allow Klopp the likes of Jones, Gomez, Milner, Ox, etc. F**k off

Amen.
      Harrisimo

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #265: Dec 22, 2022 10:12:30 pm

Just doesn't react quick enough.Top defenders can smell danger. Let Haaland get at the ball even thou Joe was in front of him as the cross came in. Just looks half a second too slow when there's any danger.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #266: Dec 22, 2022 10:14:46 pm
      As I said earlier. Too lightweight in midfield for too long.

Had we started stronger, perhaps they wouldn’t have been able to waltz through us so easily.
      Defending wasn’t great, but under pressure with the middle being weak.
      Created enough chances but finishing was poor again.
      We don’t seem to have improved from the start of the season whoever gets the nod.
      Afraid Bellingham isn’t gonna fix that. We need him, but also a solid quality ball player alongside him. But it needs to be a seasoned pro !
      So disappointing to be a big step down with just three players missing 🤷‍♂️

Can FSG see what’s required or not ? And if they can, will they act.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #267: Dec 22, 2022 10:16:17 pm
      Their 3rd, why are all our players hogging the peno spot?, we had enough, but they defended to order which didnt work
      Harrisimo

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #268: Dec 22, 2022 10:17:15 pm
      The key to Darwin and Mo is winning the ball in midfield or breaking up an attack and releasing the pace boys. Happened for our second goal but we just didn't hunt it down in midfield. We had concerns over a Thiago, Elliott and Bajcetic midfield. All through the game we didn't WORK hard enough to close down. They passed it around at will.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #269: Dec 22, 2022 10:17:29 pm

I think Nat Phillips is a better centre back and I suspect Ramsay is a better right back.

But as much as that is an issue - it's fairly obvious to everyone we are lacking in midfield.  We've actually got a full complement of players available there at the minute and it's just not up to scratch. 
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #270: Dec 22, 2022 10:30:03 pm
      I think Nat Phillips is a better centre back and I suspect Ramsay is a better right back.

But as much as that is an issue - it's fairly obvious to everyone we are lacking in midfield.  We've actually got a full complement of players available there at the minute and it's just not up to scratch. 
      central or right back,too slow read the game, not in pace, but too slow to recover
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #271: Dec 22, 2022 10:32:08 pm
      Why can Fabio never play more than a half?

Hope to never see Batjetic in Red again. Kids sh*t. Stiff hipped and slow. Maybe I'm being like Fergy with Hendo? 😆

I'm very negative atm, sorry guys. Merry F***ing Christmas. See you Fulkerson Monday. A win and this shits water under the bridge and a glad to be out the sh*t cup. Anything less than 3 points and this thing stays bigger than a WC final loss 🤣
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #272: Dec 22, 2022 10:38:24 pm
      lots of salient points posted tonight...Midfield recruitment...defence slow to react...etc.etc. But when we create presentable opportunities to score then we just have to take them...have to...Got to hit the target. Having said all that we're shipping goals at an alarming rate.

On to Boxing Day

Harrisimo

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #273: Dec 22, 2022 10:40:54 pm

Hope to never see Batjetic in Red again. Kids sh*t. Stiff hipped and slow. Maybe I'm being like Fergy with Hendo? 😆

I'm very negative atm, sorry guys. Merry f**king Christmas. See you Fulkerson Monday. A win and this shits water under the bridge and a glad to be out the sh*t cup. Anything less than 3 points and this thing stays bigger than a WC final loss 🤣

Well yes the game passed Bajcetic by in the first half but Thiago and Elliott didn't do much better.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #274: Dec 22, 2022 10:46:51 pm

I'm very negative atm, sorry guys. Merry f**king Christmas. See you Fulkerson Monday. A win and this shits water under the bridge and a glad to be out the sh*t cup. Anything less than 3 points and this thing stays bigger than a WC final loss 🤣

Thats bit harsh tho. A few years back, before TAA made it bigtime, he played a game against scum. It was really early in his career, and no one knew how good his right foot was. He had a awful game, like a headless chicken and didnt manage one good touch in the first half. Alot of us, me included just plained said that he wasnt good enough for us. Then he got some games, got his confidence and got to show what he was capable of.

My point is that normally young players are nervous and need some confidence to get going. There are some out there who manage to make it from game 1 but thats rare. Lets give the lad few chances to show what he can do.

Merry xmas :)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #275: Dec 22, 2022 11:05:39 pm

Come on Man. That's no way to talk about a top young prospect on our team. He hasn't even grown into his body yet, and you are expecting him to flourish against De Bruyne, Rodri and Gundogan. He is showing a lot of promise, even if this was a rough night.

I remember seeing Stevie G in December of '98 vs. Newcastle, one of his first appearances for the senior team. He came on for Steve McManaman who was injured (from a Dietmar Hamman challenge) in the first half. He played for the remainder of the half and then GOT SUBBED OFF at halftime. The greatest Red of a generation. If you don't want him playing for us again, there are a lot of clubs who will gladly snatch him out of our hands.

Quick Reply