Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      5 (12.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      11 (28.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (2.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (2.6%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      2 (5.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (12.8%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (2.6%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      5 (12.8%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (5.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      3 (7.7%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Nat Phillips
      3 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: Dec 26, 2022 09:53:27 pm

Manchester City 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 7941 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Manchester City 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #276: Dec 22, 2022 11:05:42 pm
      Sounds like a bit of illness around the squad
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #277: Dec 22, 2022 11:23:09 pm
      Come on Man. That's no way to talk about a top young prospect on our team. He hasn't even grown into his body yet, and you are expecting him to flourish against De Bruyne, Rodri and Gundogan. He is showing a lot of promise, even if this was a rough night.

I remember seeing Stevie G in December of '98 vs. Newcastle, one of his first appearances for the senior team. He came on for Steve McManaman who was injured (from a Dietmar Hamman challenge) in the first half. He played for the remainder of the half and then GOT SUBBED OFF at halftime. The greatest Red of a generation. If you don't want him playing for us again, there are a lot of clubs who will gladly snatch him out of our hands.

It's the stout and frustration talking homie.

He does seem to have an usual upright stance and rigged movement. Kind of weird looking, especially from a DM. The club seem to love him and I'm drunk, so I'd go with your take rather than mine.

Was really hoping to lay down a marker tonight for the 2nd half of the season. Instead we got a repeat of the first half of the campaign. I get VVD, TAA, Diaz, Ali, and Jota were no where to been seen, but this is Liverpool. We should have better players than Gomez and Kieta coming on to the pitch. We really need a rebuild, and it's frustrating because the writing has been all over the wall for yeas now, but continued to be ignored.

Oh well, on to boxing day. Sorry for the rant fellas.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #278: Dec 22, 2022 11:30:14 pm
      Some familiar problems, a tad disheartening after a long break, but in truth I think it would have been a surprise if we'd got a result there. Too many hangers on, nearly men and players who don't seem to learn their lesson. Villa by far the bigger fish to fry anyway.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #279: Dec 22, 2022 11:45:19 pm
      Darwin was through 4 times, first one was a great tackle stopped him, second he hesitated, looked up then shot wide, third he cut it back to Mo to score, forth he hesitated again after looking up then pulled it wide. Hit the post when he was offside. Just didn't connect with the free kick cross and knocked it wide.

If his pace gets him through he has to concentrate on hitting the target rather than looking up. On another day he scores 2. He's better through the middle but when Bobby is fit he might be out wide while Diaz recovers. Obviously all strikers miss but it's his pace that creates chances for himself. We need to work harder to give him and Mo better chances. Not the long ball necessarily but release it quicker.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #280: Dec 23, 2022 12:03:31 am
      Just out the cinema watching the longest movie ever (avatar)

3 goals conceded. That’s gutting.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #281: Dec 23, 2022 08:32:01 am

I find it's more on Gomez going to sleep during the game. At fault for all three goals.

Our midfield seemed a bit lightweight compared to theirs.

Ah well.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #282: Dec 23, 2022 08:59:06 am
      I find it's more on Gomez going to sleep during the game. At fault for all three goals.

Ah well.

I could see Big troll fella sneaking past gomez for the first goal, it was so obvious.

1st game back, we competed and played decent in patches. No a massive issue, maybe a case of the old its a blessing to be out especially with the fixture congestion this season.

And yes our MF was lightweight, Thiago shoved off the ball 1st 5 mins. :(
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #283: Dec 23, 2022 09:06:08 am
      With our midfield not being competitive in defensive mode, it clearly needs revamping. I’m a huge supporter of FSG for how they’ve rebuilt the infrastructure of the club, the training facilities and the ground.
      Now we need huge investment in the team. If they can’t support that, it’s certainly time to sell up.
      Last night couldn’t have been a clearer indication of the chalk snd cheese midfields of the two sides.
      Summer will be too little too late. Needs to be Jan before we get cut adrift from the top four.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #284: Dec 23, 2022 09:06:59 am
      Why can Fabio never play more than a half?

Hope to never see Batjetic in Red again. Kids sh*t. Stiff hipped and slow. Maybe I'm being like Fergy with Hendo? 😆

I'm very negative atm, sorry guys. Merry f**king Christmas. See you Fulkerson Monday. A win and this shits water under the bridge and a glad to be out the sh*t cup. Anything less than 3 points and this thing stays bigger than a WC final loss 🤣

Well thank F**k your not his agent then, you’d have him starring for Blueshite reserves going by your assessment, Ffs fella he’s still a kid, and your throwing him under the f***in bus, give your head a wobble lad, and then wobble it again,
      There are plenty of players of this club who had nightmare games as kids developing into the ‘ Liverpool way’ and there will be plenty to come too, in recent decades we’ve seen the likes of Macca, Owen, Carra, Gerrard, Trent, etc all snivelling noses, doe eyed and bricking it on the whitewash making their debuts,

Your just another who wants us to be awash with dollar so we too can just buy whoever the F**k we want and F**k the development of young talent, stifling future football star’s careers just to appease the plastic variety of fans that emerge from a plastic club, like Chavs, like Citeh, like Newcastle will too, none  of them Cnuts have history like our own, built by developing young players to become men, become quality individuals and for some world class status, 

We may as well burn down the f***in AxA and build another housing estate  !!!

Hope over Fear  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #285: Dec 23, 2022 09:20:53 am

Ah well.

Lightweight ? More handful of crisps to a sack of spuds, we had Thiago, lightweight, Elliot, featherweight, and Bajcetic, bantamweight,  up against Gundogan, KDB & Rodri, three cruiser weights, never gonna work was it ??
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #286: Dec 23, 2022 10:30:42 am
      Think a few on here we’re expecting us to roll over City and magically give a performance of a CL final, that’s naivety at its worst and just plain silly at best, we were up against it before teams were announced, and if your honest wouldn’t expect to get thru, and we didn’t, not too upset at that but at the same time miffed we couldn’t defend it, you can’t expect us to be free flowing and on it after virtually 5 weeks of inactivity, basically it was a pumped up pre season dick swinging contest with bite,

City got off the blocks quicker and caught us with our pants down within a matter of seconds, and there’s your starter for ten, it took us ten minutes for us to shake off the Dubai sand and inevitable rust, and then we lose that goal with Gomez half asleep on the six yard line, funny how conceding seemed to spark some life into us, we started to ping the ball around and create a couple of openings, more on Darwin later,

Thought Carv took his goal with a air of nonchalance, no panic, no fear, just composed, for such a young lad, that’s impressive, contrast that with Darwin, look, let’s get one thing absolutely and abundantly clear here, he is a f***in beast this fella, ATM tho it’s just not happening, but, it will, we can all see it will, some say he’s trying too hard, some will say he’s sh*te and doppleganging Andy Carrol, but truth is Andy Carrol couldn’t tie his boot laces,

Remember, he’s just a young lad too, like Carv, like Harv, like Baj, like Morton, like Ramsey, like Doak, some flowers take longer to bloom than other’s, but the good thing about Darwin is, he’s getting into the right positions, he’s making the right runs, he creates spaces and chances for Mo & others, he just needs to fine tune, add perhaps a bit more composure, he’ll come good, and when he does he’ll be virtually unplayable,

For a pre-season dick swinger it was pretty damn good though, don’t you think, I mean F**k sake, I seen a line saying it was as good as the WC final itself, and that isn’t too far off, the quality on show was incredible, and if you can’t admire the quality of KDB ( that cross for Ake) ffs, then your watching the wrong sport, he had a few worldly moments last night and when you have a player of his calibre, his skill level, his intelligence you virtually start 1 nil up, and there’s practically F**k all you can do about it unless you hoof him up in the air every chance you get,

We had our moments too, and at least for the last 15 first half minutes we were dominant, and that was encouraging to see, without Trent, Virgil, without Fab 1st half, without Diaz, Jota, Bobby, Hendo too for 65 mins, signs were there, to produce a performance like that was uplifting, all we can do is to hope we continue to be better than the start of season, and once we get one or two more off that physio’s bench I can see us romping up a few places in the league, I still believe we’ll finish bridesmaids again, and never, never never ever rule us out of No 7 either !!

Merry crimbo & a Happy New Year Fuckers !!!!

Hope over Fear 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #287: Dec 23, 2022 11:10:31 am

Lightweight ? More handful of crisps to a sack of spuds, we had Thiago, lightweight, Elliot, featherweight, and Bajcetic, bantamweight,  up against Gundogan, KDB & Rodri, three cruiser weights, never gonna work was it ??

Yeah it didn’t work. F**k me, if we had a KDB we would rule the world.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #288: Dec 23, 2022 11:17:15 am
      It is pretty obvious now, we need a big athletic bob to box midfielder.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #289: Dec 23, 2022 11:46:59 am
      Gomes was awful, midfield poor but a couple of young players playing against a strong team, felt a lot stronger when Nat came on Carvlho was to lightweight and was constantly intimidated, and is Darwinhad his finishing boots on we would have walked it, so all round not to bad a performance
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #290: Dec 23, 2022 11:58:04 am
      Disappointing to go out of the cup to City, but it must be full steam ahead to pick up  as many points as possible in the  league, starting at Aston villa on Boxing day.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #291: Dec 23, 2022 12:35:02 pm
      Well it sucks but the disappointment will soon be gone, Klopp will be happy now because the defeat also means less games in the coming weeks. With our current squad and injury record it is probably a good thing to reduce the amount of games.

One can only hope that we bring in some new players in January.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #292: Dec 23, 2022 12:37:50 pm
      Feel like the scoreline flattered us. There is an expectation to me that playing away to Citeh you will get periods of the game where they will put pressure on us and control the game (in which we need to defend well). Felt like happen a bit too much for my liking but when it comes to depth Citeh are just deeper then us talent wise so a near perfect showing would of been needed (which it wasn't).

Despite the lack of control if Nunez had his finishing boots and convert one of the chanced it might of swing the momentum back our way.

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #293: Dec 23, 2022 01:31:38 pm
      Feel like the scoreline flattered us. There is an expectation to me that playing away to Citeh you will get periods of the game where they will put pressure on us and control the game (in which we need to defend well). Felt like happen a bit too much for my liking but when it comes to depth Citeh are just deeper then us talent wise so a near perfect showing would of been needed (which it wasn't).

Despite the lack of control if Nunez had his finishing boots and convert one of the chanced it might of swing the momentum back our way.

Yes and what has to be remembered is that of the 5 chances Darwin had, one was from the swinging free kick which he sliced wide, the other 4 where down to his pace and strength getting clear of the defense. One of the 4 he squared to Mo to score, one was stopped by a great tackle, the other 2 he hesitated looking up for Mo when he should concentrated fully on hitting the target.

My main point is Darwin created those chances with his pace and strength. Be a bit more selfish and hit the target and his goal tally will increase.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #294: Dec 23, 2022 05:48:58 pm

Honestly, the decline of Gomez since his major knee injury has been shocking and sad.  He had such a promising career ahead of him -- him and VVD looked the 2 best CB's in the league for a stretch.  Now, I just can't see him getting back to the level we need, even as 4th choice.  I think its time to sell (along with Nat) and replace with another player similar to Konate. 
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #295: Dec 23, 2022 10:18:38 pm
      Honestly, the decline of Gomez since his major knee injury has been shocking and sad.  He had such a promising career ahead of him -- him and VVD looked the 2 best CB's in the league for a stretch.  Now, I just can't see him getting back to the level we need, even as 4th choice.  I think its time to sell (along with Nat) and replace with another player similar to Konate.

I don't think  he ever read the game all that well, but was plenty quick to recover from those fine margins or error. Knee injuries have robbed him of that and his lack of anticipation is glaring now
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #296: Dec 24, 2022 12:55:59 pm
      I don't think  he ever read the game all that well, but was plenty quick to recover from those fine margins or error. Knee injuries have robbed him of that and his lack of anticipation is glaring now

Whatever his current form situation, with Jurgens loyalty policy, joes likely to be starting v Villa, unless VVD and konate are deemed ready to return following w c exploits.
      I thought we were gonna regroup following the work cup, but it seems to have left us more disjointed than ever.
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #297: Dec 24, 2022 02:08:50 pm
      Whatever his current form situation, with Jurgens loyalty policy, joes likely to be starting v Villa, unless VVD and konate are deemed ready to return following w c exploits.
      I thought we were gonna regroup following the work cup, but it seems to have left us more disjointed than ever.

No reason VVD will not return.  He will partner Matip
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #298: Dec 24, 2022 07:38:53 pm
      Disgusting to hear that out of our fans threw a coin weighted plastics glass and it hit a young girl in the face

Quick Reply