Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      17 (25.8%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      2 (3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      35 (53%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      11 (16.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: Jan 03, 2023 09:55:27 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10580 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Dec 30, 2022 10:34:36 pm
      3 points, not a good performance but it's a win. 2 points from 4th, 5 points from 3rd and all on 16 games.
      Starting to look like we can get into the top 4, much better position than we were in a few months ago.
      Thiago MOM, only midfielder that played well.
      Trent played well in defence.
      Nunez still needs time to settle but he creates chances for the team.

4 wins on the bounce will do that - absolutely fantastic to be right back in it.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #346: Dec 30, 2022 10:35:55 pm
      Ugly ugly performance, but in the win column it looks the same as our 9-0 thumping of the Cherries. Very thankful for 3 points tonight.

On to a brentford and hopefully a better performance. Hope Robbo and Elliot okay
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #347: Dec 30, 2022 10:42:35 pm
      Not pretty, 3 points move on Trent MOTM for me .
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #348: Dec 30, 2022 10:50:29 pm
      Thank f**k that’s over. We looked like we could concede every time they had the ball.
      Motm has to be Trent or Tiago. Think just about everyone else bar Alison made a dangerous cock up at one time or another.
      Three deserved points, but only just. Should have had 4 or 5 but always looked shaken at the back.
      I think it stems from lack of cover from midfield. We seem to be reactive when lose the ball instead of being proactive to cover their out ball to midfield.
      They then had players we were chasing, instead of being on them before the ball went to them.
      So frustrating to watch that, when you can see the schoolboy errors, but nothing changes. They don’t seem to be aware 🤷‍♂️
      Won’t keep getting luck like it, we gotta change it soon.

Tell JK, he does not to see it for some reason
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #349: Dec 30, 2022 10:52:41 pm
      That was terrible but comedy central from Faes.

Words at FT were Thank F**k for that!

Thiago wow what a performance.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #350: Dec 30, 2022 11:01:06 pm
      That was terrible but comedy central from Faes.

Words at FT were Thank F**k for that!

Thiago wow what a performance.
      Fck all that what did you predict 🤣🤣
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #351: Dec 30, 2022 11:05:03 pm
      Most of the boys were awful tonight, gotta say our Captain was probably the worst.

But F***ing ay. Three points 😄
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #352: Dec 30, 2022 11:07:54 pm
      Thiago was gantayik midfield but I went with Darwin for MOTM.

Was involved in virtually everything up front and if he keeps that up surely the goals have to follow?

He seems like a great player. Fast, got skill and an eye for goal but if he's got more than like a second or two to think when he gets a chance...hmm at the moment .

He must be a c**t to play against and he turns teams around to f**k. He's good but not a natural finisher. I don't think he could ever be your main number 9 type player.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 666 
      Reply #353: Dec 30, 2022 11:17:32 pm
      He seems like a great player. Fast, got skill and an eye for goal but if he's got more than like a second or two to think when he gets a chance...hmm at the moment .

He must be a c**t to play against and he turns teams around to f**k. He's good but not a natural finisher. I don't think he could ever be your main number 9 type player.
      Hit the net plenty for Benfica....and he'll hit the net plenty for us, absolutely sure of it. The arrival of Gakpo will sharpen up his eye for goal.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #354: Dec 30, 2022 11:26:34 pm
      Fck all that what did you predict 🤣🤣

2-1  :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #355: Dec 30, 2022 11:35:50 pm
      That was a hard watch
      Just wish some of Diaz chances had fallen to Salah

Salah fu**ed up his own chances, why would you have given him any more?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #356: Dec 30, 2022 11:36:49 pm
      Ay, we were sh*te but, we won, and F**k me, while bevvied, those two own goals were pretty F***ing funny. Imagine being that daft tw*t tonight. Ha ha.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #357: Dec 30, 2022 11:38:07 pm
      Thiago was gantayik midfield but I went with Darwin for MOTM.

Was involved in virtually everything up front and if he keeps that up surely the goals have to follow?

Yep, he terrorizes the other team, he will come good. Think there’s quotes from Klopp about how Lewa was having the same issues early in his career. He will sort it out.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #358: Dec 31, 2022 01:36:32 am
      Ay, we were sh*te but, we won, and f**k me, while bevvied, those two own goals were pretty f**king funny. Imagine being that daft tw*t tonight. Ha ha.

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #359: Dec 31, 2022 03:14:35 am
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #360: Dec 31, 2022 05:46:24 am
      I forgot that we had a game tonight and only noticed when I received the notification.

We were very lucky but you need luck in everything in life. We need to be clinical in front of goal because we're having so much chances.

Thiago was a monster in midfield, creating and making things happen and even his well timed tackles.

Nunez is so raw, when he stops thinking about it, he will score. He should at least had a brilliant assist to Salah, apart the post ( own goal).

On to the next one, hope to have a better year than this one. I want the UCL since the league is gone.

Happy New Year Red family!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #361: Dec 31, 2022 06:41:45 am
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #362: Dec 31, 2022 06:51:04 am

Uncanny  :lmao:
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #363: Dec 31, 2022 09:44:48 am
      feels like a defeat..relying on two OGs to beat anyone
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #364: Dec 31, 2022 10:25:39 am
      Lucky result for us tonight , Our midfield was Thiago with a little support from Henderson ,Young Harvey was missing most of the game so really a 2 man midfield ! Some awful passing from Henderson and Robbo tonight gave our defence worries. Darwin seems jet-heeled and always willing to run ,a defender's nightmare to play against ,midfield was better when Keita came on but he does seem so slow ...makes Thiago look like Usain Bolt ! 3 points though ,I'll happily take that .
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #365: Dec 31, 2022 10:32:56 am
      feels like a defeat..relying on two OGs to beat anyone

Not too gratifying but the OG's were a result of intense pressure on their defence in the second half.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #366: Dec 31, 2022 11:34:32 am
      Well, that was a bit of a sh*t show was it not, really thought we were gonna batter that lot last night, but hey, who the F**k cares how we win, just so long as we do, and we did, but F**k me, it was like basketball at times and we can’t play like that again and get away with it,

They walked straight through us on too many occasions, simply walked right thru our middle, Why didn’t Henderson hack down Dewsbury-Hall, he should have taken one for the team, if Fab had been there, no way does he get thru and Robbo was caught in two minds which didn’t help either, if that scraggy f***in lot were more clinical we’d all be in hiding this morning, thank F**k they weren’t!!

Not gonna pontificate over the proceedings, it wasn’t exactly a stand out performance from any of our boys, ( am I still allowed to say boys ?) mustn’t upset the woke lot, but gave my MAN of the match to Thiago, cos, he is a man, and no women were playing, and he was Star of the show, but only in my opinion which hopefully doesn’t offend any Cnut, with a pulse !!

And what about Nuuuuunezzzz, I noticed that the Sky comms lot are tiring already of the ‘he’ll come good’
      Opinions to that of ‘ He must Score’ opinion and immediately refer his goal scoring prowess to that of that ugly blonde Cnut @ Citeh, knew it wouldn’t take long for that fuckinshower of Manc Cnuts at Sky would start sticking the knife in !!!

He Will prove them all wrong, all these neg heads & naysayers, all these so called experts telling us all what terrible a signing he is and £85m for a sh*t Andy Carroll is laughable, well I propose we start calling him Darwin Carroll cos he’ll never shake that tab off now, same as the bin-dipper badge or the ‘Sign on’ sing-a-long from opposing fans, wherever, whenever we play,

Personally I don’t give a shiny sh*te what they sing, cos for me we have a player who has everything, pace, power, passing, passion, never gives up, he’s f***in Electrifying, something always happens when he’s involved, always, you just can’t keep your eyes off him, he reminds me of my Missus’s Tits(when she was young) couldn’t keep my eyes or hands off them, now, I just reach for her knees 🤪, sorry, couldn’t resist,

I don’t care he’s not scoring, it’s what he gives us that alleviate his lack of goals, the position’s he gets into, the opportunities he creates, not just for himself, the ever growing relationship with Mo, the link up play he joins and implement’s, if you so happen to be a defender in the EPL, and see what this fella can do you have to be thinking, holy F**k, how the F**k do we stop this f**ker !!

What’s we gonna be like when Diaz rejoins the party, or Jota for that matter, what we’re seeing is the slow eventual changing of the guard, Mane already in Germany, Bobby could follow this summer, it’s not the sweeping changes so many clubs do that curtails progress, this is a rebuilding process that given enough time, and dare I say, Spondoolies that will work to our advantage in the long run, on a budget, which we should all embrace now as ‘The Klopp Effect’, Trent,  Tsimikas, Konate, Ramsey, Elliot, Morton, Bacjetic, Gordon, Jones, Kelleher, Clarke, and Doak have all been given the opportunity to play 1st team full on football by Jürgen Klopp, there are a few other’s of which names desert me atm but look at those names and not one of them is over 23, and of course the new kid on the block Gakpo is also only 23,

Is the future Bright, you better f***in believe it, my only wish is for everyone and I mean everyone to be fit, healthy and ready to do their upmost whenever called upon, of course that’s football’s utopia having a fully fit healthy squad to choose from but, if we can get somewhere near it, there won’t be many who’ll get the better of us, and that’s a promise!!!

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A

Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #367: Dec 31, 2022 12:21:53 pm
      Leicester must be gutted. Take the 3 points but we are so average in large parts of games. Nunez for all his faults and lack of finishing is at least a threat

Quick Reply