Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Sepp van den Berg -> Mainz

Read 1762 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Sepp van den Berg -> Mainz
      Jul 13, 2023 11:46:48 am
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2023 11:00:29 am by racerx34 »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Sepp van den Berg -> Mainz/Ajax
      Reply #1: Jul 13, 2023 11:48:06 am
      Choices. l o l
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Re: Sepp van den Berg -> Mainz/Ajax
      Reply #2: Jul 13, 2023 09:03:11 pm
      include a buy back clause from Ajax  :f_tongueincheek:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Sepp van den Berg -> Mainz
      Reply #3: Jul 14, 2023 11:00:36 am
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4: Jul 14, 2023 11:02:59 am
      Good loan for the lad.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5: Jul 19, 2023 04:46:56 am
      It is a good move for the lad, however he should be banging on our doors by now, not pondering another loan deal, seems to me the lad is struggling to reach the level required to play alongside Virg et al, but some flowers take longer to bloom than others, so if Jürgen feels he can improve further who am I to argue!!

YNWA
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #6: Jul 19, 2023 06:49:26 am
      It is a good move for the lad, however he should be banging on our doors by now, not pondering another loan deal, seems to me the lad is struggling to reach the level required to play alongside Virg et al, but some flowers take longer to bloom than others, so if Jürgen feels he can improve further who am I to argue!!

YNWA

He’s still 3 years younger than Konate who is really only just starting to get going properly and he’s a beast of a human being physically and potentially.

He’s got plenty of time still, I think if he impresses this year we might see him involved in the cup runs in the 24/25 season.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #7: Jul 19, 2023 03:43:46 pm

YNWA
      He was unlucky last season, Billy. They loaned him to Schalke and the lad quickly became a starter and their fans were praising him (yeah I did the thing where you go to Schalke fan forums and google translate his player thread :D), but he tore a ligament in his ankle and spent pretty much the rest of the season recovering. He only came back for Schalke's last 5 games of the season, playing the full 90 minutes in 4 of those games (the first game back from injury he was subbed on for a 15 minutes spell or so).

I'm pretty sure that had he not got injured last year he'd be competing for a spot in the team this summer because I watched 2 of those first 4 games he played early on for Schalke last season (it was games against Dortmund and Bochum) and he looked pretty good. He was partnered with Maya Yoshida (Japanese CB that used to play for Southampton for quite a few years) in a back 4. I'd argue he was Schalke's best defender in both games. Quick, very calm, when the ball is at his feet he's very composed and has a nice range of passes and overall I feel like he reads the game well.

Another loan to the Bundesliga makes sense in my opinion. We loaned him to Preston and that went well for him even if he was playing as a wing-back. The next logical step is to loan him to a league where the level of football is up a notch or two from the Championship. Of course all of this should've happened last year, but its the cruel nature of football sometimes, completely wasted season for him last year. I'll be eager to see if he put on some muscle in the off season (I think it's something he needs) and how he looks overall on the pitch with Mainz.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #8: Jul 19, 2023 04:11:23 pm
      He's out of contract next summer. Unless he becomes VVD overnight, i think he will go on a free. Seems like a good young player though.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #9: Aug 14, 2023 02:40:48 pm
      On loan to Mainz 05 until the end of 2023-24 season. Locked

Quick Reply