Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Moises Caicedo (Brighton)

Read 42104 times
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt
      • Started Topic

• 495 posts | 80 
      Moises Caicedo (Brighton)
      Jan 07, 2023 11:59:06 am
      Surprised there isn't a thread here for him already. My 2nd choice CM to come in behind Jude.

Press resistant, defensively astute, has a trick or two and runs around like a Gini used to!

Rumoured to cost norther of £60 Mil though  :f_steam:
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2023 09:57:34 pm by RedPuppy »
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Re: Moises Caicedo
      Reply #1: Jan 07, 2023 01:20:30 pm
      I think you mean a CM   ;D

As I myself never believe we could get Jude Bellingham so sign this Caicedo boy in this month is happy enough.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2: Jan 07, 2023 02:02:20 pm
      £70mil plus for a guy who has played 28 games in the Prem - no thanks
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt
      • Started Topic

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #3: Jan 07, 2023 02:23:08 pm

He is very very good, the appearances aren't my gripe, but that price tag is mental
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #4: Jan 07, 2023 03:07:07 pm
      Don't think we will sign him. You expect proven quality at a higher level for that kind of money. Reminds me of the links to Bissouma only this guy is gonna be double the price.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #5: Jan 07, 2023 03:39:07 pm

Watching him now in FA Cup vs Boro. What I've noticed this far is his close control. His little touches in a tight space are very clean. He is playing in a box to box role. He does remind just a little of Gini.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #6: Jan 07, 2023 04:26:30 pm
      Watching him now in FA Cup vs Boro. What I've noticed this far is his close control. His little touches in a tight space are very clean. He is playing in a box to box role. He does remind just a little of Gini.

I can see where Jürgen might be able to work with him, but 70 Million must be someone having a laugh.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #7: Jan 07, 2023 04:56:58 pm
      He wouldn't be playing an FA cup match if there was the slightest chance of him moving on.
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #8: Jan 07, 2023 10:00:58 pm
      Good player. He gets out of tight spaces well, is assured on the ball, and has a decent range of passing. I wouldn’t want to pay more than 50 million though. We need two midfielders to come in imo.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #9: Jan 07, 2023 10:23:20 pm
      Good player. He gets out of tight spaces well, is assured on the ball, and has a decent range of passing. I wouldn’t want to pay more than 50 million though. We need two midfielders to come in imo.

I think we need 5
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #10: Jan 08, 2023 09:21:34 am
      Watched him with some interest this season after the links over the summer. Excellent young player who would suit us perfectly.

Brighton are very tough negotiators though as we've seen with Cucurella and White. So if 70m is what they want, 70m is probably what they'll get from someone whether that's us or not.
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #11: Jan 08, 2023 03:39:14 pm
      Haha that’s extreme but yeah one isn’t enough. I’d be satisfied with two for now, but wouldn’t mind 3. It’s going to depend on how much we will spend and whether we drop a huge chunk of cash on Bellingham.

Ox, Keita, Milner all should (and most likely will) go in the summer. I think Hendo’s role should be a reduced so that he effectively becomes Milner.

I’d give Fab another chance next season but if he doesn’t improve with more energetic players around him then I’d ship him out. I’d definitely keep Thiago and Elliot but I don’t think they work in a midfield three together. I’d consider shipping Jones out as he can’t seem to stay fit, but he just signed a new contract so I think he will still be here after the summer window ends.

That leaves us with:
      Fab, Hendo, Thiago, Elliot, Jones, Bajcetic, Carvalho (not really a CM). Two players minimum are needed and they must have legs.
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #12: Jan 09, 2023 02:24:08 pm
      Watched him with some interest this season after the links over the summer. Excellent young player who would suit us perfectly.

Brighton are very tough negotiators though as we've seen with Cucurella and White. So if 70m is what they want, 70m is probably what they'll get from someone whether that's us or not.
      We should offer £50m + Naby and Ox. I always thought Tielemans would be the prefect Gini replacement and his contract runs out in the summer.. but we've never seemed interested.

If we could get Caicedo in and Jude in the summer I think we'll all be delighted.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #13: Jan 09, 2023 02:30:10 pm
      We should offer £50m + Naby and Ox. I always thought Tielemans would be the prefect Gini replacement and his contract runs out in the summer.. but we've never seemed interested.

If we could get Caicedo in and Jude in the summer I think we'll all be delighted.

Nobody wants Naby or Ox.  They are overpaid players who spend more time in the treatment room than on the pitch.  Not only do they have zero value in transfer dealings, but they are guaranteed to absorb wages until their contracts expire. 
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #14: Jan 15, 2023 09:48:09 am
      Did not see anything special to suggest he is a 70 million football player. the state our midfield is at the moment you think he would ripped right through it.
      Brighton can sell him and replace him with a 12 million player who would do the same job or even better.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #15: Jan 15, 2023 09:59:23 am
      Did not see anything special to suggest he is a 70 million football player. the state our midfield is at the moment you think he would ripped right through it.
      Brighton can sell him and replace him with a 12 million player who would do the same job or even better.

Agree. No way he's a 70 mill player. We are in danger of way overspending on players. We need to be smarter with our signings as a significant overhaul is needed in the Summer and we don't have 500 mill to spend.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #16: Jan 15, 2023 10:25:44 am
      He's going to end up at Chelsea anyway.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #17: Jan 15, 2023 10:26:51 am
      It's going to cost around 250 Million to rebuild the midfield over the next few seasons.
      If it was done right, big IF, one midfielder (maybe this guy) would arrive in January,
      then Bellingham in the Summer.

I wouldn't like to see Liverpool go the way of PSG, City and Newcastle.
      Certainly though, looking at Chelsea at the moment, there are questions over FSG right now.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #18: Jan 15, 2023 10:41:45 am
      He is decent enough but madness for anyone paying £70mil for him
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #19: Jan 15, 2023 11:16:01 am
      He is decent enough but madness for anyone paying £70mil for him

Chelsea might do it  :lmao:

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #20: Jan 15, 2023 12:28:21 pm

Problem is he's not a £70 million pound player. That's only because he's playing for a premier league team.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #21: Jan 15, 2023 03:08:20 pm

They can have him for 70.
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 10 
      Reply #22: Jan 15, 2023 03:31:59 pm
      The thing is tho boys he’s a lot better than most of what we’ve got in r midfield at present.
      Going forward do we stick with what we’ve got and hope we get r intensity back, personally I don’t think we will or twist like other clubs r currently doing, even are next opponents are spending and they’re down near the bottom of the table ffs its embarrassing! We are LIVERPOOL 💪

Quick Reply