Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool 2-2 Wolves: In game and post match discussion

Read 15474 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Wolves (FA Cup)
      Reply #483: Jan 07, 2023 10:40:19 pm

1.  what’s wrong with giving Jones a new contract when it’s a player that Klopp clearly likes

2. How many bids did we receive for AOC or Keita ?

That’s why you need a strong director of football.

Klopp would probably hand out contracts like confetti, he’s like a friend|father to that squad.
      Milner and Hendo contract extensions in hindsight have set us back at least a season.

Prime
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts | 12 
      Reply #484: Jan 07, 2023 10:42:22 pm
      Thought Doak did well when he came on.
      But when Elliot and Keita came on we had a midfield that didn't tackle anymore.
      Thought Gomez did OK but is he gonna give more going forward than TAA.
      AOC won't be digging us out of any hole.
      Jota and Diaz will give us some options up front, but that's about it.
      Think our best bet might be to change formation/style of play to be harder to beat, though maybe less attractive to watch. Not sure Jürgen will do that though.
      I don’t know what the solution is, but something has to change. This is why you pay a coach big money.. to figure it out. There are a million coaches out there who can manage a team when everything is humming along. Doing the same thing is just stubborn.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #485: Jan 07, 2023 10:42:37 pm
      S'not just in front of the back 4 that's the problem, it's about time Trent was moved, Ramsey or Joe with Trent in mid would strengthen that side. We lose so much possession down that side and Trent could fill that void between Mo and the full back position.

Teams get at us down that side, and through the middle. V Brighton I'd go 4-4-2..with Trent Keita, Hendo and Fabinho with Mo & Darwin pace up top. We have to play 4 in midfield to protect the back 4 and get a feckin' grip.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #486: Jan 07, 2023 10:43:07 pm
      Cant see any bid for AOC coming in. We should have just terminated his contracted few years ago, to free up some space for another homegrown player. Im not sure who decides things like that, but sometimes you just need to be brutal.

Clubs very rarely terminate players contracts in that way unless they have done something wrong

He actually managed 30 games last season did ok during the ofcon popping up with some decent games and goals

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #487: Jan 07, 2023 10:44:33 pm

Klopp would probably hand out contracts like confetti, he’s like a friend|father to that squad.
      Milner and Hendo contract extensions in hindsight have set us back at least a season.

Christ everyone was demanding Henderson was given a new deal but I don’t see how it sets back a team for a season
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #488: Jan 07, 2023 10:45:09 pm

A really good point. I was working with a firm, and i got to be a mentor for this kid. He couldnt manage to close any deals. One time he showed up smelling cigerates and his dress was really mismatched, meaning too loose and not his size and so on. That was for a deal that was supposed to save the firm. I was told to fire him, and i just could not do it. I knew his faults, and i knew he wasnt meant for this work but i just couldnt be a jerk to him.

I think that goes for JK too i guess, he just likes the lad. He meets them everyday and he hopes that they are going to turn it around.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #489: Jan 07, 2023 10:46:24 pm

Christ everyone was demanding Henderson was given a new deal but I don’t see how it sets back a team for a season

You are big on watching the match god forbid the stats.

Even you can surely see 😳

Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #490: Jan 07, 2023 10:47:58 pm
      have they? i havent seen any article suggesting that. im no fsg fan, im just wondering if they have come out and said that they cant compete with others?

Ultimately fsg have seen the failure of ffp. They want out while their assets value is still high. A couple of seasons with no CL, even one and they'll be losing alot of money. They never have and never will back klopp and invest in the team.

Basically klopp told them he would need 150m plus to rebuild and they put their exit plan into overdrive. Time to bail basically and maximise our profit.

Ward wants out. We've no club doctor ... melo takes a weekly wage as does keita Ox and Jones ... head of research wants out. We're signing forwards and neglecting midfield and our defence is all over the place. We look old and get over run, outfought, outclassed and bullied most weeks now. Some blame lies with klopp, alot with the players but fsg are the instigators and if you think a world class coach like klopp is struggling imagine a lesser coach under fsg ... like another brendan . Its a shambles.

We need to go 4231 ... 2 players deep infront of the back 4. Close the space infront of our centre backs. Be compact and hard to break down. Be a countering attacking team with the pace we have.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #491: Jan 07, 2023 10:48:04 pm
      Shocking performance and actually really pissed me off seeing a full crowd turn up for a Saturday night fixture with high expectation we'd bounce back with some fight and perhaps score a few to make a point.

First half up until the equaliser we were absolutely woeful. Slow, lacking any rhythm or cohesion on the ball, comical mistakes. Second half slightly better overall from an attacking perspective with some better link up play but defensively still all over the place, with space for Wolves to run into at will. They probably should have won truth be told.

F*ck knows where we go from here. Never expected the decline of this team to be so precipitous. I think it underlines that we were treading a finer line in seasons gone by with the quality in the squad and it's now affecting us badly.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #492: Jan 07, 2023 10:48:34 pm
      You are big on watching the match god forbid the stats.

Even you can surely see 😳

Why does Milner getting a year deal and the club captain getting a contract set the club back ? It doesn’t stop other players being bought 🤷‍♂️
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #493: Jan 07, 2023 10:49:38 pm

Clubs very rarely terminate players contracts in that way unless they have done something wrong

He actually managed 30 games last season did ok during the ofcon popping up with some decent games and goals

It still happens. Im thinking of paying out rest of their instead of terminating them. I think he is a burden in the team, and a wrong rolemodel for young players. Id rather have a young academy player taking his role, and have played in those games. I know it sound ruthless, but i honestly think we need to be more ruthless to achieve success.

Look at fergie at his prime. He didnt give a F**k
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #494: Jan 07, 2023 10:52:17 pm
      A really good point. I was working with a firm, and i got to be a mentor for this kid. He couldnt manage to close any deals. One time he showed up smelling cigerates and his dress was really mismatched, meaning too loose and not his size and so on. That was for a deal that was supposed to save the firm. I was told to fire him, and i just could not do it. I knew his faults, and i knew he wasnt meant for this work but i just couldnt be a jerk to him.

I think that goes for JK too i guess, he just likes the lad. He meets them everyday and he hopes that they are going to turn it around.

Good for you....F**k me you'd have to be a right bast**d to fire someone because his suit didn't' fit and he'd had a ciggie!!!
      BTW I don't think the gaffer keeps players because he likes them...I'm sure he liked Mimimino
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #495: Jan 07, 2023 10:52:43 pm
      It still happens. Im thinking of paying out rest of their instead of terminating them. I think he is a burden in the team, and a wrong rolemodel for young players. Id rather have a young academy player taking his role, and have played in those games. I know it sound ruthless, but i honestly think we need to be more ruthless to achieve success.

Look at fergie at his prime. He didnt give a f**k

Why is he a wrong role model ?! Christ the man has suffered some awful injuries with us - and no doubt would be desperate to do well

But clubs don’t pay up contracts on any regular basis
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #496: Jan 07, 2023 10:53:06 pm
      Ultimately fsg have seen the failure of ffp. They want out while their assets value is still high. A couple of seasons with no CL, even one and they'll be losing alot of money. They never have and never will back klopp and invest in the team.

Basically klopp told them he would need 150m plus to rebuild and they put their exit plan into overdrive. Time to bail basically and maximise our profit.

Ward wants out. We've no club doctor ... melo takes a weekly wage as does keita Ox and Jones ... head of research wants out. We're signing forwards and neglecting midfield and our defence is all over the place. We look old and get over run, outfought, outclassed and bullied most weeks now. Some blame lies with klopp, alot with the players but fsg are the instigators and if you think a world class coach like klopp is struggling imagine a lesser coach under fsg ... like another brendan . Its a shambles.

We need to go 4231 ... 2 players deep infront of the back 4. Close the space infront of our centre backs. Be compact and hard to break down. Be a countering attacking team with the pace we have.

Im not saying what you are saying is wrong. Im just saying that where you got this information from. I also think that they want to get in some cash, or sell the club BUT they are not stupid, a club in top 4 will sell alot more then a club that is in 10th position in the league.

I dont think FSG are stupid enough to let things rot as H&G did. Not because they love us, but because that will cost them alot of money.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #497: Jan 07, 2023 10:53:07 pm
      And it's not just the defense that comes under pressure when we don't press or work hard enough to win back possession, it's the attack as well. How many chances did we create 2nd half. Just 2/3.

To gain from Darwin's pace and indeed Mo you need to win the ball then release. Ball watching or token cover play lets teams play and encourages them to look for the ball. We saw Wolves start doing that after 15-20 minutes as they realised we were giving them time and space.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #498: Jan 07, 2023 10:55:43 pm

What Jones done wrong to be the new target ?

And we have a doctor and also a new scout/researcher has joined
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #499: Jan 07, 2023 10:56:18 pm
      Why is he a wrong role model ?! Christ the man has suffered some awful injuries with us - and no doubt would be desperate to do well

But clubs don’t pay up contracts on any regular basis

thats the thing. we cant have a passenger who is injured alot, and when he is fit then isnt good enough. I dont have anything against the lad, but he isnt good enough.

Its true that its rare that clubs pay the rest of contract to get rid of a player. you are right but he has been doing this a looong time now. Its not going to get better and no one is gonna pay a penny for the lad. Lets focus on the future, get a academy player in and let him have that playing time to develop.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #500: Jan 07, 2023 10:59:24 pm
      For senior players Salah and Thiago were dreadful
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #501: Jan 07, 2023 10:59:35 pm
      thats the thing. we cant have a passenger who is injured alot, and when he is fit then isnt good enough. I dont have anything against the lad, but he isnt good enough.

Its true that its rare that clubs pay the rest of contract to get rid of a player. you are right but he has been doing this a looong time now. Its not going to get better and no one is gonna pay a penny for the lad. Lets focus on the future, get a academy player in and let him have that playing time to develop.

That doesn’t make him the wrong role model

He has a contract - no club is bidding for him so you either play him to try and get something out of him or he just sits doing nothing.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #502: Jan 07, 2023 11:00:06 pm
      Good for you....F**k me you'd have to be a right bast**d to fire someone because his suit didn't' fit and he'd had a ciggie!!!
      BTW I don't think the gaffer keeps players because he likes them...I'm sure he liked Mimimino

Fair enough, i had it coming. :D
      they meant that they are paying the lad for something that he isnt delivering. unfortunately thats the way it works in the private sector.

I never thought Minamino was his signing, my guess is that we signed him to get into Japan area. Scum are big there, and we wanted some of that market.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #503: Jan 07, 2023 11:02:34 pm
      That doesn’t make him the wrong role model

He has a contract - no club is bidding for him so you either play him to try and get something out of him or he just sits doing nothing.

OR like i said. You get rid of him, you tell him he isnt wanted anymore. You either pay rest of his contract or mutually agree on a fee. Free up a place in the team, to get a academy player in.
      I know er disagree, and i see where you are coming from. I just think that we need to be ruthless now after these performances.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #504: Jan 07, 2023 11:03:28 pm
      Why does Milner getting a year deal and the club captain getting a contract set the club back ? It doesn’t stop other players being bought 🤷‍♂️

Because we work within a budget so if you take off two huge annual salary’s and bring in two younger players there is virtually zero net cost. And those players are now up and running this season.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #505: Jan 07, 2023 11:06:59 pm
      OR like i said. You get rid of him, you tell him he isnt wanted anymore. You either pay rest of his contract or mutually agree on a fee. Free up a place in the team, to get a academy player in.
      I know er disagree, and i see where you are coming from. I just think that we need to be ruthless now after these performances.

But don’t do it - it’s just not going to happen , I can’t even remember the last time it did

Quick Reply