Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool 2-2 Wolves: In game and post match discussion

Read 15481 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Wolves (FA Cup)
      Reply #506: Jan 07, 2023 11:08:09 pm
      Blatantly obvious now that the mid of Thiago, Fabinho and Hendo is an invite to get at our back 4. Thought of as our best midfield at the back end of last season but they just do not have the legs anymore.

Even a second string Wolves team ran through them. Brighton play with high energy from front to back, press the play and are full of running. It's a trend, high octane energy. Yes we have top quality on the ball but energy levels are running low and even when we should be relatively fresh, after the WC break.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #507: Jan 07, 2023 11:10:05 pm
      Because we work within a budget so if you take off two huge annual salary’s and bring in two younger players there is virtually zero net cost. And those players are now up and running this season.

Yet we brought in multiple players over the same period and extended the contracts of others - it doesn’t stop other players arriving
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #508: Jan 07, 2023 11:13:10 pm
      Yet we brought in multiple players over the same period and extended the contracts of others - it doesn’t stop other players arriving

Oh yeah I forgot the deep pockets of our owners ☺️
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #509: Jan 07, 2023 11:15:33 pm
      Football tactics are always evolving as do managers and coaches, I’m finding a bit depressing our lot can’t see the Forest from the trees.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #510: Jan 07, 2023 11:18:03 pm
      Oh yeah I forgot the deep pockets of our owners ☺️
      They're not slumming it fella....they've got plenty
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #511: Jan 07, 2023 11:18:25 pm
      Blatantly obvious now that the mid of Thiago, Fabinho and Hendo is an invite to get at our back 4. Thought of as our best midfield at the back end of last season but they just do not have the legs anymore.

Even a second string Wolves team ran through them. Brighton play with high energy from front to back, press the play and are full of running. It's a trend, high octane energy. Yes we have top quality on the ball but energy levels are running low and even when we should be relatively fresh, after the WC break.

Thiago has never had legs. He was brought in to do something different and if you look into our results last season it was clear that we won more games when he played. The difference is the two around him - Fabinho's form has dropped off a cliff and Henderson's legs have gone. He can put in a big performance every now and then but not consistently enough anymore. Elliott just doesn't have the skillset to play the position but for some reason Jürgen insists that he does. The rest of them are too injury prone to even talk about.

I would love to see Thiago play with two younger, hungry midfielders alongside him.

Prime
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts | 12 
      Reply #512: Jan 07, 2023 11:18:45 pm
      Ultimately fsg have seen the failure of ffp. They want out while their assets value is still high. A couple of seasons with no CL, even one and they'll be losing alot of money. They never have and never will back klopp and invest in the team.

Basically klopp told them he would need 150m plus to rebuild and they put their exit plan into overdrive. Time to bail basically and maximise our profit.

Ward wants out. We've no club doctor ... melo takes a weekly wage as does keita Ox and Jones ... head of research wants out. We're signing forwards and neglecting midfield and our defence is all over the place. We look old and get over run, outfought, outclassed and bullied most weeks now. Some blame lies with klopp, alot with the players but fsg are the instigators and if you think a world class coach like klopp is struggling imagine a lesser coach under fsg ... like another brendan . Its a shambles.

We need to go 4231 ... 2 players deep infront of the back 4. Close the space infront of our centre backs. Be compact and hard to break down. Be a countering attacking team with the pace we have.
      You just made all of that up in your head and are speaking like it’s factual.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #513: Jan 07, 2023 11:22:14 pm

The first paragraph is probably as accurate as can be.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #514: Jan 07, 2023 11:23:20 pm
      Thiago has never had legs. He was brought in to do something different and if you look into our results last season it was clear that we won more games when he played. The difference is the two around him - Fabinho's form has dropped off a cliff and Henderson's legs have gone. He can put in a big performance every now and then but not consistently enough anymore. Elliott just doesn't have the skillset to play the position but for some reason Jürgen insists that he does. The rest of them are too injury prone to even talk about.

I would love to see Thiago play with two younger, hungry midfielders alongside him.
      Don't mean to be cruel, but I don't see anything to suggest Elliott has what it takes at this club....Young I know ...but I can't see it
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #515: Jan 07, 2023 11:24:55 pm
      Don't mean to be cruel, but I don't see anything to suggest Elliott has what it takes at this club....Young I know ...but I can't see it

He's a number 10 for me but we don't use that position under Jürgen.

He's a promising player, as is Carvalho but neither fit the current system so will likely end up being players we move on for profit in the future.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #516: Jan 07, 2023 11:26:42 pm

The rest of them are too injury prone but let's build two fresh legs around Thiago who is always fit
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #517: Jan 07, 2023 11:27:44 pm
      All out thoughts and ideas are made in the head, it's where our brain is..And, he/she wasn't speaking, they were writing.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #518: Jan 07, 2023 11:28:04 pm
      Truly awful performance, Wolves deserve more than a replay they should have won the game.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #519: Jan 07, 2023 11:32:40 pm
      The rest of them are too injury prone but let's build two fresh legs around Thiago who is always fit

I didn't say we should build around Thiago, I said I would like to see him play with two players with fresher legs at times. Thiago is not the long term future but currently he is by far the best midfielder we have so we need to play to his strengths for the short term at least because we're not signing the three midfielders we need this month.
      Gomo
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #520: Jan 07, 2023 11:35:09 pm
      Fabinho is the biggest problem for me. He's gone from being one of the best DMs in the world to utterly useless. He's slow, ponderous and think he's forgot how to tackle.

I'd put hendo in his position, he passed his best but he will put In a shift and track back.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #521: Jan 07, 2023 11:36:45 pm
      With the defence yet again absent without leave, it wasn't an ideal night for Alisson to do his best Karius impression!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #522: Jan 07, 2023 11:38:25 pm
      At least we still have chance in replay game, coyr  :scarf:
      I haven't sleep a minites whole night for the game and it's 6:30 morning ;D
      Goodnight my beloved Reds  :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #523: Jan 07, 2023 11:43:12 pm

We do have a club doctor
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #524: Jan 07, 2023 11:44:13 pm
      I didn't say we should build around Thiago, I said I would like to see him play with two players with fresher legs at times. Thiago is not the long term future but currently he is by far the best midfielder we have so we need to play to his strengths for the short term at least because we're not signing the three midfielders we need this month.

Yeah even though Thiago is not the future

Tackles made

Hendo - 0
      Fab   - 1
      Thiago - 6
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #525: Jan 07, 2023 11:44:49 pm
      Sitting on ass for 4 seasons when it comes to the midfield. Big big window and we have to sign someone to help us fight for top 4. And then we have to go HAM in the summer. Screw Jude coming in, we need a LOT of players. If yall think life sucks right now, imagine it without CL money. We're very very dependent on that

For the first time under Klopp, not sure of the clubs direction.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #526: Jan 07, 2023 11:48:01 pm
      A really good point. I was working with a firm, and i got to be a mentor for this kid. He couldnt manage to close any deals. One time he showed up smelling cigerates and his dress was really mismatched, meaning too loose and not his size and so on. That was for a deal that was supposed to save the firm. I was told to fire him, and i just could not do it. I knew his faults, and i knew he wasnt meant for this work but i just couldnt be a jerk to him.

I think that goes for JK too i guess, he just likes the lad. He meets them everyday and he hopes that they are going to turn it around.

That basically nails it. Klopp is said to love his players too much, so he tends to get rid of them too late. That what makes his magic (because players who feel their manager trusts them and keeps them DESPITE better players available will play for him like for a father), that what makes him vulnerable (because at certain points you cannot hide facts of weaker players).
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #527: Jan 07, 2023 11:54:59 pm

Hendo can't do box to box, his all round game has dropped off. Fabinho has somehow lost the desire, not pressing, hunting, getting tight, ball watching. Play going on around him. Thiago dwells on the ball, again doesn't do the basics. Sees a pass but younger fitter players swarm around him.

It's a age thing..between the 3 of them they have clocked up over 1,600 games.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #528: Jan 08, 2023 12:01:24 am
      When's the replay?

Quick Reply