Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool 2-2 Wolves: In game and post match discussion

Read 15477 times
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Wolves (FA Cup)
      Reply #529: Jan 08, 2023 12:28:17 am
      This reminds me of Brendan last season. Expect a spanking from Brighton and its going to be 7-2 Aston Villa level.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Wolves: In game and post match discussion
      Reply #530: Jan 08, 2023 12:43:39 am
      Gone for a 2-2 draw in the Prediction League

Ah well. Swings and roundabouts.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #531: Jan 08, 2023 12:46:35 am
      Blatantly obvious now that the mid of Thiago, Fabinho and Hendo is an invite to get at our back 4. Thought of as our best midfield at the back end of last season but they just do not have the legs anymore.

Fabinho and Henderson have been great for us over the last few years. But their legs are gone.

Thiago, three Hollywood passes per 90 minutes and thats it.

I think all three of them should be replaced but it isn't cheap.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #532: Jan 08, 2023 01:08:37 am
      Fabinho and Henderson have been great for us over the last few years. But their legs are gone.

Thiago, three Hollywood passes per 90 minutes and thats it.

I think all three of them should be replaced but it isn't cheap.

Spot on
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #533: Jan 08, 2023 01:33:37 am
      Saturday night games, ay.

I done that thing when I go out to a mate's to watch the game but get absolutely twatted and chat pure sh*t while the game is on. I know it was 2-2 🙃
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #534: Jan 08, 2023 01:35:00 am
      Saturday night games, ay.

I done that thing when I go out to a mate's to watch the game but get absolutely twatted and chat pure sh*t while the game is on. I know it was 2-2 🙃

But, ay....FSG OUT innit
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #535: Jan 08, 2023 04:39:23 am
      Ah well a week to think about this before we get run over and smashed by Brighton Hove Albion .... the next 5 months are going to be very painful and I hope to god JĆ¼rgen makes it through it.

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #536: Jan 08, 2023 05:24:54 am
      Ah well, we didnā€™t lose the game.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #537: Jan 08, 2023 06:32:17 am
      Ah well a week to think about this before we get run over and smashed by Brighton Hove Albion .... the next 5 months are going to be very painful and I hope to god JĆ¼rgen makes it through it.

Well maybe the defeat is just delayed  :D If Wolves put out a half decent physical performance in the rematch with their home supporters on their site it will be nearly impossible for this current Liverpool team to get anything out of this game.

Squad currently consist of a bunch of tired old mules that are either too injured to play or too tired to run for 90 min every game in the midfield.

Just so tiring that every game we play we go down 1:0 and chase the game. By then you know we will not win that game unless the other team makes some major mistakes like Leicester did. Brighton next.... don't know what to expect from the team there.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #538: Jan 08, 2023 08:46:19 am
      Another lacklustre performance, another disappointment, another game where we looked like a trying Blueshite side, another game where itā€™s a difficult watch, yada yada yada, if you didnā€™t know already this side is done, and I mean done, look back to how we were only two seasons ago, ah such fond memories, the fear we held over any opponent, the aura we took onto away pitches, GONE, consigned to the history books as a particular golden era under Klopp,
      So, as that old band Orange Juice used to belt out, ā€œRip it up and start againā€, and thatā€™s exactly what should happen, is happeningā€¦..

ā€¦..but that takes a little bit more time these days, and a sh*t load of money that we donā€™t haveā€¦..Yetā€¦.but we willā€¦.and thatā€™s part and parcel of why we will struggle not only for the rest of this season but more than likely next season tooā€¦.and unless these new FSG partners come in flashing the cash pronto, by the summer hopefully, then weā€™ll fall further behind, and then the sh*t will hit the fan ā€¦.

It has come to the point now where we really do need to spend some serious amounts of dollar holding onto the coattails of Citeh, Arse, Chavs, Newcastle and we canā€™t rule out the Munts either, we need to be shopping at Harrods rather than Aldi,

Iā€™m talking about going and getting Bellingham for one, Rice another, maybe that Fernando fella Munts are pimping themselves over, Iā€™m thinking Ā£270m as a starter for ten, no more f***in about with a restrictive budget, just get out there and buy what the F**k we need, it may not be Bellingham it may not be Rice either, but thatā€™s the kind of calibre we need, then we can surround them with your Tyler Mortonā€™s your Stefan Bacjeticā€™s , your Harvey Elliotā€™s, Gakpo, Doak, etcetera etcetera, etcetera,

You can no longer win, or expect to win any major honours continuing to use tired legs, both our attack & our defence is fairly youthful or elementā€™s thereof, but the midfield are done for me, still exceptional players donā€™t get me wrong but they no longer have the legs nor the stamina to work in a Klopp pressing system,

This is how I see things now, we are in transition but itā€™s the length of transition that could determine where weā€™re at this season but next one as well, weā€™re two yearā€™s  late in the rebuilding of this side, a new Klopp side, so Iā€™m expecting two years/seasons of struggle for top 4 as a worse cases scenario,

On a plus side tho, we do have Diaz & Jota to come back, but they will need supplying and as great as having those two back is, we still have the same midfield issues holding us back !!!

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #539: Jan 08, 2023 08:59:49 am
      Yeah but we can't, in all fairness, land on Alisson. He has saved the defense so many times that I've lost count. He's had a poor game but he's getting no decent cover.

Arguably his poorest game of the season but in all honesty heā€™s been your best player this year so far. Like you said though could of been a lot worse if he wasnā€™t in net.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #540: Jan 08, 2023 09:23:39 am
      Arguably his poorest game of the season but in all honesty heā€™s been your best player this year so far. Like you said though could of been a lot worse if he wasnā€™t in net.

Aye.
      But you know how crap the season is going when Klopp goes full strength in the 3rd round of the cup!

Midfield is finished. Henderson and Thiago and Fabinho may as well all be 39 years old. But sadly our defence needs an overhaul as well.
      VVD and matip have aged as well and are in that 39 year old group. And Gomez just hasnā€™t improved since he was 18.
      Add to that that salah has morphed back into the salah that was at Chelsea and you are looking at issues that canā€™t be fixed in one window.
      Our squad has all aged together. It reminds me of the squad kenny left us with in the early 90s.
      Over the hill.

Bellingham wonā€™t fix this.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #541: Jan 08, 2023 09:31:43 am
      Not getting into all the doom and gloom. At end of day we were punished for stupid mistakes again. 2 goals directly from players fuk ups. Same as last game.

Cut out the stupid the mistakes please next game.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #542: Jan 08, 2023 09:35:49 am
      Aye.
      But you know how crap the season is going when Klopp goes full strength in the 3rd round of the cup!

Midfield is finished. Henderson and Thiago and Fabinho may as well all be 39 years old. But sadly our defence needs an overhaul as well.
      VVD and matip have aged as well and are in that 39 year old group. And Gomez just hasnā€™t improved since he was 18.
      Add to that that salah has morphed back into the salah that was at Chelsea and you are looking at issues that canā€™t be fixed in one window.
      Our squad has all aged together. It reminds me of the squad kenny left us with in the early 90s.
      Over the hill.

Bellingham wonā€™t fix this.

Your right Bellingham wonā€™t fix it but is a big cog in the wheel to get you back on track. You need at least two new additions in midfield as you no longer have the legs in that position.

Think Klopp made the right call to go full strength due to your position in the league as highly unlikely your bring a trophy home this season and realistically the FA Cup was the best chance of silverware.

VVD certainly doesnā€™t need replacing even though heā€™s not been at his usual high standards for a while. Many think thatā€™s down to Pickford.

Thereā€™s nothing more I can say about Gomez that Iā€™ve not already said, heā€™s in the same camp as Ox for me, sh*te.

It is a ageing squad though as you do now appear to be in serious transition, welcome to the club.  :f_doh:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #543: Jan 08, 2023 10:07:36 am
      We need new players for sure but also we need our players to do their job and cut the errors.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #544: Jan 08, 2023 10:22:38 am
      Awful defending, far too much side and back passing. Forwards not scoring enough goals, no wonder we are such a mess. Teams no longer fear coming to Anfield, probably relish the idea !
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #545: Jan 08, 2023 10:30:51 am
      In October 2021 we took virtually the same team to Old Trafford and thrashed United 5-0 (Alisson, TAA, VVD, KonatĆ©, Robertson, Keita, Henderson, Milner, Salah, Jota and Firmino).  Arguably, with Thiago, Darwin and Gakpo, last night's team was even stronger, but we couldn't even beat a Wolves reserve team. 

Klopp needs to explain why this team's form has dropped off a cliff and stop making excuses for FSG's criminal lack of investment.  Sadly, I think it's time to say thanks for the memories JĆ¼rgen, but it's time to move on. 

If I was Kelleher or Carvalho I'd be fuming at the lack of game time I was getting.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #546: Jan 08, 2023 11:08:21 am
      Lots of negativity on here ,and yes I get it given our form recently .People wanting to get rid of JĆ¼rgen ,for a run of bad form despite giving us success in abundance .I do think our back four need to be much better to give confidence to our midfield ( Thiago was constantly looking backwards to check positional play ) We do need a midfielder that's clear ,someone like Souness/Gerrard character who can disrupt and break down attackers but not too many players like that around ! Maybe there is too much pressure on the players to achieve success which in the last few seasons came easier .I believe in Klopp and feel sure this is a problem he can solve
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #547: Jan 08, 2023 11:22:03 am
      Midfield is shocking and requires immediate investment every game someone runs through the middle of the park and as usual weā€™re one nil down how long has this gone on. Yesterday Thiago was permanently playing the ball backwards as the was no forward options, the is no off the ball movement, when will this be addressed
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #548: Jan 08, 2023 11:23:27 am
      In October 2021 we took virtually the same team to Old Trafford and thrashed United 5-0 (Alisson, TAA, VVD, KonatĆ©, Robertson, Keita, Henderson, Milner, Salah, Jota and Firmino).  Arguably, with Thiago, Darwin and Gakpo, last night's team was even stronger, but we couldn't even beat a Wolves reserve team. 

Klopp needs to explain why this team's form has dropped off a cliff and stop making excuses for FSG's criminal lack of investment.  Sadly, I think it's time to say thanks for the memories JĆ¼rgen, but it's time to move on. 

If I was Kelleher or Carvalho I'd be fuming at the lack of game time I was getting.

In other words hit the panic button then play the back up team...well yes that's one way of looking at it..
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #549: Jan 08, 2023 11:35:34 am
      The morning after the night before.

Been in work this morning thinking to myself.... that was the reaction/response to the Brentford debacle. That was our response infront of a full house at anfield in a cup game at night vs wolves light. That was our response with the best 11 we could have picked. Very worrying times.
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #550: Jan 08, 2023 12:13:51 pm
      In other words hit the panic button then play the back up team...well yes that's one way of looking at it..

There is no back up team.  There is no Plan B.  I'm not even sure we've still got a Plan A.

I don't think it's reactionary to talk about Klopp leaving: we're at the end of a cycle and the team needs a massive re-build which will take time and probably far more money than FSG are prepared to pay. 

Klopp's said himself he won't be here in 3 or 4 years so maybe somebody else would be better placed to see it though?
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #551: Jan 08, 2023 12:17:30 pm
      Your right Bellingham wonā€™t fix it but is a big cog in the wheel to get you back on track. You need at least two new additions in midfield as you no longer have the legs in that position.

Think Klopp made the right call to go full strength due to your position in the league as highly unlikely your bring a trophy home this season and realistically the FA Cup was the best chance of silverware.

VVD certainly doesnā€™t need replacing even though heā€™s not been at his usual high standards for a while. Many think thatā€™s down to Pickford.

Thereā€™s nothing more I can say about Gomez that Iā€™ve not already said, heā€™s in the same camp as Ox for me, sh*te.

It is a ageing squad though as you do now appear to be in serious transition, welcome to the club.  :f_doh:

If we can go into next season with Rice, Maddison and Bellingham Iā€™ll have hope but the problem is now we have a queue of players who are ready to be binned.

VVD has been below par for ages. Salah as well. Firmino no longer influences games. Milner and Ox and keita offer nothing any more. Phillips isnā€™t good enough and Gomez is not much better.

We didnā€™t improve when we were on top of the world and now we are sliding back to top 4 challengers at best.

The football we offer is predictable now and easy to play against. We donā€™t have it in us to grind out a 0-0 or scrape a 1-0 win.

FSG and Klopp can take a lot of credit for incredible success and efforts in their tenure but sometimes a fresh start can do the world of good. And Iā€™m not wishing Klopp to leave, there is no one better than him in my opinion, but sometimes things just stop working.

Quick Reply