Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Liverpool 2-2 Wolves: In game and post match discussion

Read 15484 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Wolves: In game and post match discussion
      Reply #552: Jan 08, 2023 12:26:42 pm
      If we can go into next season with Rice, Maddison and Bellingham I’ll have hope but the problem is now we have a queue of players who are ready to be binned.

VVD has been below par for ages. Salah as well. Firmino no longer influences games. Milner and Ox and keita offer nothing any more. Phillips isn’t good enough and Gomez is not much better.

We didn’t improve when we were on top of the world and now we are sliding back to top 4 challengers at best.

The football we offer is predictable now and easy to play against. We don’t have it in us to grind out a 0-0 or scrape a 1-0 win.

FSG and Klopp can take a lot of credit for incredible success and efforts in their tenure but sometimes a fresh start can do the world of good. And I’m not wishing Klopp to leave, there is no one better than him in my opinion, but sometimes things just stop working.

Fsg take no credit whatsoever. Sorry. Jürgen won inspite of them and imagine what we would have won if they'd actually backed him on the few occasions he needed it.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #553: Jan 08, 2023 12:28:21 pm

Seriously, though some of the mistakes are beyond anyones control.

Matip nearly cost us a goal in the same move ali made his 1 a season cock up

Don77

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #554: Jan 08, 2023 12:30:25 pm
      Not getting into all the doom and gloom. At end of day we were punished for stupid mistakes again. 2 goals directly from players fuk ups. Same as last game.

Cut out the stupid the mistakes please next game.

Yeah 2 goals from 2 mistakes. Lucky to get away with their would be winner and all the other chances they missed.

If we played great and gave 2 soft goals away then ok. But we were awful and were walked all over and walked through and we should have lost. Yeah doom n gloom. But the truth. Hammered by Brentford., lucky against leicester, even Southampton had enough chances and would have beat us but for Ali. Plus all the other horrific performances. Yeah it's doom n gloom. But it's the truth and we've got 3 weeks of this window to try and start sorting the self inflicted mess out.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #555: Jan 08, 2023 12:34:22 pm
      Fsg take no credit whatsoever. Sorry. Jürgen won inspite of them and imagine what we would have won if they'd actually backed him on the few occasions he needed it.

So FSG get the blame when it goes wrong but when it goes right they get no credit 🤷‍♂️
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #556: Jan 08, 2023 12:38:47 pm

FSG have to take some credit.
      They have enhanced our revenue, increased our capacity, improved the youth set up…

And look at what we won under the previous owners (nothing) and before that only sporadic cup success since the 80s then I think to win a league title, champions league, fa cup and 2 league cups in 12 years is a decent outlay for the owners to take some credit for.

It helped that Klopp is a genius but a lot of other genius managers have gone to clubs and been financially supported by their owners and have achieved little to no success.

Our owners could have been better, sure, but they also had their hands tied a little as this league only benefits the oil clubs. To compete with them you have to not see your investments as a business but more an expensive hobby.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #557: Jan 08, 2023 12:49:09 pm
      We have absolutely no dynamism in midfield, closing down is now slow, transition is slow, back 4 are left wide open everytime the oponents attack. Henderson ,egs have gone, Tiago never had them a luxury player, and the kids need more seasons under their belt. We need signings and quick.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #558: Jan 08, 2023 01:24:44 pm
      Aye.
      But you know how crap the season is going when Klopp goes full strength in the 3rd round of the cup!

Midfield is finished. Henderson and Thiago and Fabinho may as well all be 39 years old. But sadly our defence needs an overhaul as well.
      VVD and matip have aged as well and are in that 39 year old group. And Gomez just hasn’t improved since he was 18.
      Add to that that salah has morphed back into the salah that was at Chelsea and you are looking at issues that can’t be fixed in one window.
      Our squad has all aged together. It reminds me of the squad kenny left us with in the early 90s.
      Over the hill.

Bellingham won’t fix this.

A rather sad comment about the team's overall quality and aspirations!
      What is astounding is your support for FSG and the ridiculous assertion that FSG AND Klopp were responsible for any measure of success attained!

If the owners had invested in the asset that is LFC instead of relying on the genius of Klopp to move mountains the deficiencies in the team you yourself describe would not exist.
      They should have faith in the best  manager on the planet to run our club successfully and give him the means to do so.

How many seasons have passed without FSG backing the manager when it was obvious we were falling behind our competitors?
      The results of their lack of faith are instrumental in your withering observation of the team's ability to compete.

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #559: Jan 08, 2023 01:27:45 pm
      Seriously, though some of the mistakes are beyond anyones control.

Matip nearly cost us a goal in the same move ali made his 1 a season cock up

Yes Matip wasn't decisive enough but it slipped through to Alisson who rolled it to Thiago who then tried to dribble out, ball was nicked off him but he made a great saving tackle knocking it back cleanly to Alisson...then..boooom..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #560: Jan 08, 2023 02:03:57 pm
      Salah as in the guy who scored?

One goal does not make a performance.
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #561: Jan 08, 2023 02:04:15 pm

A rather sad comment about the team's overall quality and aspirations!
      What is astounding is your support for FSG and the ridiculous assertion that FSG AND Klopp were responsible for any measure of success attained!

If the owners had invested in the asset that is LFC instead of relying on the genius of Klopp to move mountains the deficiencies in the team you yourself describe would not exist.
      They should have faith in the best  manager on the planet to run our club successfully and give him the means to do so.

How many seasons have passed without FSG backing the manager when it was obvious we were falling behind our competitors?
      The results of their lack of faith are instrumental in your withering observation of the team's ability

Indeed, FSG were instrumental in actually trying to destroy the legacy of LFC and turn us into a franchise in the European Super League.  Since then they get no credit from me. 

The idea of having three ageing forwards all approaching end of contract was always going to cause problems, and now the midfield has gone the same way.  By the time someone sorts out that conundrum we'll have two ageing defenders who'll need replacing, plus Konaté and Gomez, who doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

No, the whole re-build should have started during the CL/PL winning years when they had the money but, as usual with FSG, it'll be too little, too late.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #562: Jan 08, 2023 02:07:00 pm
      One goal does not make a performance.
      Obviously.

The point is the poster was saying Ben Doak contributed more than Salah which, while a nice sentiment, wasn’t really true.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #563: Jan 08, 2023 02:08:24 pm
      If we can go into next season with Rice, Maddison and Bellingham I’ll have hope but the problem is now we have a queue of players who are ready to be binned.

VVD has been below par for ages. Salah as well. Firmino no longer influences games. Milner and Ox and keita offer nothing any more. Phillips isn’t good enough and Gomez is not much better.

We didn’t improve when we were on top of the world and now we are sliding back to top 4 challengers at best.

The football  we offer is predictable now and easy to play against. We don’t have it in us to grind out a 0-0 or scrape a 1-0 win.

FSG and Klopp can take a lot of credit for incredible success and efforts in their tenure but sometimes a fresh start can do the world of good. And I’m not wishing Klopp to leave, there is no one better than him in my opinion, but sometimes things just stop working.

Rice - Maddison &  Bellingham? You already been bought out by a Middle East club.   ;D
       Yeah quite a few passed there sell by date hence joining United in transition. I’m of the opinion the only reason you didn’t improve was no money in the kitty for Klopp to purchase and yes your right you’ve now become a team fighting for top 4 again.

Personally I’m of the opinion the only thing needs changing are the owners, Klopp would be the last person I’d let go, would move on  every player before parting with him. He’s the Fergie of  Liverpool.  ;D

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #564: Jan 08, 2023 02:13:00 pm
      Good for you....F**k me you'd have to be a right bast**d to fire someone because his suit didn't' fit and he'd had a ciggie!!!

That's capitalistism for you!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #565: Jan 08, 2023 02:18:07 pm
      Fabinho is the biggest problem for me. He's gone from being one of the best DMs in the world to utterly useless. He's slow, ponderous and think he's forgot how to tackle.

I'd put hendo in his position, he passed his best but he will put In a shift and track back.

And why is that? Possibly burnt out from continual playing and not having anybody to replace him during that period of success we had.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #566: Jan 08, 2023 02:20:00 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #567: Jan 08, 2023 02:23:22 pm

And they also have to take some sh*t for the way the midfield has been allowed to get old.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #568: Jan 08, 2023 02:26:42 pm
      Obviously.

The point is the poster was saying Ben Doak contributed more than Salah which, while a nice sentiment, wasn’t really true.

It's a pretty fair description though.

Salah hung about on the right with lots of nice inter-changing play and pretty much F**k all else.
      When Doak came on he wanted the ball and just went at Wolves.

That's why most people AT the game were impressed with Doak when he came on, myself included.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #569: Jan 08, 2023 02:31:28 pm
      Usual stuff in all honesty.

Majority of the team looks fu**ed they way it tired last night. Midfield letting people drift away from them without a challenge.

All the usual mistakes from us F***ing about at the back and generally back to being a bag of nerves from corners.

Mentally they look shot.
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #570: Jan 08, 2023 02:54:45 pm
      Rice - Maddison &  Bellingham? You already been bought out by a Middle East club.   ;D
       Yeah quite a few passed there sell by date hence joining United in transition. I’m of the opinion the only reason you didn’t improve was no money in the kitty for Klopp to purchase and yes your right you’ve now become a team fighting for top 4 again.

Personally I’m of the opinion the only thing needs changing are the owners, Klopp would be the last person I’d let go, would move on  every player before parting with him. He’s the Fergie of  Liverpool.  ;D

Top 4?!  I reckon this season we'll be lucky not to finish in the bottom 10.

Yes, Klopp's worked miracles with the funds he's had but everything comes to an end.  Even SAF stayed two or three years too long.

Top 4 will be (in no order) Arsenal, Man City, Man United and - Newcastle? 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #571: Jan 08, 2023 02:55:13 pm
      Usual stuff in all honesty.

Majority of the team looks fu**ed they way it tired last night. Midfield letting people drift away from them without a challenge.

All the usual mistakes from us f**king about at the back and generally back to being a bag of nerves from corners.

Mentally they look shot.

Refreshing read.  :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #572: Jan 08, 2023 02:59:13 pm
      Top 4?!  I reckon this season we'll be lucky not to finish in the bottom 10.

Yes, Klopp's worked miracles with the funds he's had but everything comes to an end.  Even SAF stayed two or three years too long.

Top 4 will be (in no order) Arsenal, Man City, Man United and - Newcastle? 

Newcastle who got dumped out of the cup by a championship team.

Yeah I wouldn't go predicting our demise just yet!!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #573: Jan 08, 2023 03:20:27 pm
      It's a pretty fair description though.

Salah hung about on the right with lots of nice inter-changing play and pretty much f**k all else.
      When Doak came on he wanted the ball and just went at Wolves.

That's why most people AT the game were impressed with Doak when he came on, myself included.
      I was also very impressed, as I have been every time I’ve seen him, but a 5 minute cameo isn’t a bigger contribution than a goal. I would have thought that was fairly obvious and think the OP probably said it in jest.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #574: Jan 08, 2023 03:28:50 pm
      We will go way weaker then yesterday. Anyone wanna predict the lineup for the 17th?

Quick Reply