Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Brighton v Liverpool : 3pm Sat 14th Jan

Read 7762 times
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: Pre Match : Brighton v Liverpool : 3pm Sat 14th Jan
      Reply #23: Jan 11, 2023 01:31:14 am
      4–3 win.

Hard to be positive but you have to be really, otherwise what’s the point.

I’d go

Alison
      TAA
      Robertson
      Konate
      Gomez

Henderson
      Fabinho
      Keita

Salah
      Nunez
      Ox

From last seasons almost quadruple to this shambles it like being bipolar.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24: Jan 11, 2023 01:48:41 am
      Did Klopp say somewhere that Gakpo won't be starting?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #25: Jan 11, 2023 03:04:58 am

Boy, a win would feel good!!! Would do a lot for the players spirit's. Would make this place a lot less miserable, too.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #26: Jan 11, 2023 07:29:58 am
      I think we’re all dreading this match
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #27: Jan 11, 2023 07:37:09 am

What happened?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #28: Jan 11, 2023 10:08:54 am
      Klopp may well chuck the OX back in to start with. Really need to use him while hes fit. Gapko 2nd half sub, ease him into things.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #29: Jan 11, 2023 10:17:33 am
      Klopp may well chuck the OX back in to start with. Really need to use him while hes fit. Gapko 2nd half sub, ease him into things.

I don't agree with that mate if he does that. Ox has no business being in there. Gapko is the future. We need him bedded in asap. He's going to have had a full weeks training leading into this match. He starts. Wtf is it going to achieve putting Ox in there.

It's bad enough we've bought another forward when we need midfielders . Be even worse to then put him on the bench and for Ox to start.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30: Jan 11, 2023 10:45:06 am
      I don't agree with that mate if he does that. Ox has no business being in there. Gapko is the future. We need him bedded in asap. He's going to have had a full weeks training leading into this match. He starts. Wtf is it going to achieve putting Ox in there.

It's bad enough we've bought another forward when we need midfielders . Be even worse to then put him on the bench and for Ox to start.

I agree, but Ox is part of the squad and should be utilised when fit, otherwise he is getting paid for nowt.

Anyway. Just my thoughts on what I think Klopps thoughts might be. ;-)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31: Jan 11, 2023 10:52:33 am
      It’s clear something needs to change, V Brighton it’s a tough gig at the best of times but we’re a wounded soul and miles off any sort of form, so shake things up a bit with the resources we have available……I’d go with this……………

Allison
               Trent. Matip Konate Robbo
                     Bacjetic.  Fabinho
               Salah.    Thiago.   Gakpo
                     Nuuuunezzzzzz

Hendo hasn’t got the legs to press like he/we used to, Fabinho likewise but his job is to protect the back four so he can sit back slightly and Bacjetic can do the hard yards,

Thiago in the hole with Mo & Cody either side with Nunez up top, we can’t press like normal so we need to contain more but hit on the counter,
      First & Foremost sort out the defence, get it back somewhere near what it was like in 20/21, Solid, and cut out the schoolboy errors,

Another defeat here could put a possible top four finish out of reach, that’s what we should concentrate on and nothing else, FA cup or even the CL, although the longer we stay in it (CL) the more dollar we get,

And we definitely need more of that, massive summer for us coming up, I’m expecting whole sale changes with some going and more coming in, but we’ll see, a £300m cash injection would be most welcome !!

Can’t honestly see us winning this going by recent performances, but that corner we’ve been wanting to turn is, Ha, just around the corner 🤔

Heart says 1-2, brain says….just don’t f***in lose again !!!!!!

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #32: Jan 11, 2023 11:22:50 am
      It’s clear something needs to change, V Brighton it’s a tough gig at the best of times but we’re a wounded soul and miles off any sort of form, so shake things up a bit with the resources we have available……I’d go with this……………

Allison
               Trent. Matip Konate Robbo
                     Bacjetic.  Fabinho
               Salah.    Thiago.   Gakpo
                     Nuuuunezzzzzz

Hendo hasn’t got the legs to press like he/we used to, Fabinho likewise but his job is to protect the back four so he can sit back slightly and Bacjetic can do the hard yards,

Thiago in the hole with Mo & Cody either side with Nunez up top, we can’t press like normal so we need to contain more but hit on the counter,
      First & Foremost sort out the defence, get it back somewhere near what it was like in 20/21, Solid, and cut out the schoolboy errors,

Another defeat here could put a possible top four finish out of reach, that’s what we should concentrate on and nothing else, FA cup or even the CL, although the longer we stay in it (CL) the more dollar we get,

And we definitely need more of that, massive summer for us coming up, I’m expecting whole sale changes with some going and more coming in, but we’ll see, a £300m cash injection would be most welcome !!

Can’t honestly see us winning this going by recent performances, but that corner we’ve been wanting to turn is, Ha, just around the corner 🤔

Heart says 1-2, brain says….just don’t f***in lose again !!!!!!

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A

Hendo will start, no way he drops the captain after a full weeks rest.

But defo agree Fab needs help, so hendo and Fab sitting together, then let the rest go for it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #33: Jan 11, 2023 11:35:17 am
      when we win this game we will gain at least a couple of points on some rivals' who all play each other.

Come on the red machine !!!
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #34: Jan 11, 2023 11:42:48 am
      I'm absolutely dreading this game. Brighton have one of the hardest working midfields in the league, and we've been overrun in midfield all season.

We are gonna try and control the game as per usual, create half chances, and eventually lose to goals conceded on the counter attack.

I'd start..

Alisson

Trent
      Konate
      Matip
      Robbo

Naby
      Fabinho
      Henderson

Salah
      Darwin
      Gakpo

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #35: Jan 11, 2023 12:31:48 pm
      Hendo will start, no way he drops the captain after a full weeks rest.

But defo agree Fab needs help, so hendo and Fab sitting together, then let the rest go for it.

Get where your at Brezi, regards to Hendo, but the Hendo we’re getting now is similar to the Hendo we had in his early yrs here, his brain works but his legs don’t, if indeed Jürgen uses the press he’ll need a better engine than what Hendo can provide, think Porsche turbo as opposed to a Prius,

Bajcetic has the legs but lacks the experience and Fabinho can still do what Fab does best without having to go too far forward, that’s Bacjetic’s job now, Fab can also cover Trent as Hendo would normally do,

Didn’t expect too much from Cody V Wolves but he did reasonably well for a debut, we don’t know it yet but I think Jürgen has pulled another rabbit with him, once he gets his feet under the table we’ll start seeing why, I like the notion of Nuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnezz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz up top thru the middle, let’s face it, he’ll have to move anyway when Diaz comes back in, so slot him thru the middle and give him the time to get used to it, and dare I say thrive ?

Subsequently I’d be inclined  to rest Mo more, as with  everyone else the legs go first, so I’d preserve Mo’s legs by tugging him earlier and chucking young Doak in there to frighten the sh*te out of tired legs and minds, to me we’re not too far off our incredible best, we just need a injection of pace & power in company of youthful exuberance, I keep referring to Arsenal, they went thru their period of transition of late but look where they are now, there is absolutely no reason we can’t do the same,

Like I alluded to above this is a massive summer for us, and I just hope that whoever it is FSG opt for as their investors, they are in before the season’s end, and allows Jürgen enough time to get his targets over the line,

But I’m not holding my breath!!

Hope over Fear 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 !!

Y  N  W  A

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #36: Jan 11, 2023 01:20:10 pm

Get where your at Brezi, regards to Hendo, but the Hendo we’re getting now is similar to the Hendo we had in his early yrs here, his brain works but his legs don’t, if indeed Jürgen uses the press he’ll need a better engine than what Hendo can provide, think Porsche turbo as opposed to a Prius,

Bajcetic has the legs but lacks the experience and Fabinho can still do what Fab does best without having to go too far forward, that’s Bacjetic’s job now, Fab can also cover Trent as Hendo would normally do,

Didn’t expect too much from Cody V Wolves but he did reasonably well for a debut, we don’t know it yet but I think Jürgen has pulled another rabbit with him, once he gets his feet under the table we’ll start seeing why, I like the notion of Nuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnezz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz up top thru the middle, let’s face it, he’ll have to move anyway when Diaz comes back in, so slot him thru the middle and give him the time to get used to it, and dare I say thrive ?

Subsequently I’d be inclined  to rest Mo more, as with  everyone else the legs go first, so I’d preserve Mo’s legs by tugging him earlier and chucking young Doak in there to frighten the sh*te out of tired legs and minds, to me we’re not too far off our incredible best, we just need a injection of pace & power in company of youthful exuberance, I keep referring to Arsenal, they went thru their period of transition of late but look where they are now, there is absolutely no reason we can’t do the same,

Like I alluded to above this is a massive summer for us, and I just hope that whoever it is FSG opt for as their investors, they are in before the season’s end, and allows Jürgen enough time to get his targets over the line,

But I’m not holding my breath!!

Hope over Fear 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 !!

Y  N  W  A

Yea Hendo not same as he was a year or 2 ago, but apart from young Bajcetic there isnt much options. Morton has just signed a new deal, but he is just another prospect.

Mo will be rotated a bit more when we start playing every few days again which is pretty soon. Replay next week. :(

Defo massive summer, at least 2 leaving from the MF and need the same back in.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #37: Jan 11, 2023 07:02:11 pm
      Will take a draw now, but will most likely get  a beating, Brighton will dominate and create more, hopefully Ali saves us and we nick a win

All bases covered then :laugh:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #38: Jan 11, 2023 07:54:05 pm
      I agree, but Ox is part of the squad and should be utilised when fit, otherwise he is getting paid for nowt.

Hopefully his thoughts are to use his best, most fit, players from the beginning.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39: Jan 11, 2023 08:01:11 pm
      I think Bajcetic is out injured for this one, sorry to say.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #40: Jan 11, 2023 08:59:36 pm
      They are below us in the league by the way and we would normally go there full of confidence. But this season we have been out run in some games and have been 2nd best in midfield too many times.

We have to work harder off the ball, that's no surprise to anybody. But we are not a basket case and are more than a match for Brighton.

Prediction: Pending.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #41: Jan 11, 2023 09:20:14 pm

If sooner pay him for nowt to be honest.

I'll be pissed if Chamberlain starts ahead of Gakpo to be honest.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #42: Jan 11, 2023 09:48:27 pm
      I was at anfield for the 3-3, Christ we were so bad. No expectations of anything different.
      We have most of the ball and miss a few chances
      They take theirs
      Ali has a great game

Tossard scores at least 1

Most we can hope for is a draw
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43: Jan 11, 2023 10:49:03 pm
      Tough game. Improvement needed. But let's not talk like a result isn't possible. We can win this.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #44: Jan 11, 2023 11:10:30 pm
      Tough game. Improvement needed. But let's not talk like a result isn't possible. We can win this.
      Took the words out of my mouth...Underperforming as you say, and the players, and the boss need to step up, but we're not a basket case.
      I don't think we'll lose.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #45: Jan 12, 2023 03:34:34 am
      Hopefully his thoughts are to use his best, most fit, players from the beginning.

If sooner pay him for nowt to be honest.

I'll be pissed if Chamberlain starts ahead of Gakpo to be honest.

If chamberlain starts infront of gapko then that's a joke. We've paid him to do nowt for best part of 3 years. So I wouldn't change that 5 months before he leaves for good. No business starting Saturday. He's not good enough .... end of story.

Quick Reply