Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Brighton v Liverpool : 3pm Sat 14th Jan

Read 7771 times
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Re: Pre Match : Brighton v Liverpool : 3pm Sat 14th Jan
      Reply #46: Jan 12, 2023 06:09:32 am
                    Ali
      TAA  Matip Konate Robbo
      Keita Hendo Fab Thiago
              Mo Nunez

4-4-2
      Compete in the middle, protect the back 4, and get quick ball to the front 2 and let them use their pace.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #47: Jan 12, 2023 08:11:50 am
      I agree, but Ox is part of the squad and should be utilised when fit, otherwise he is getting paid for nowt.

Anyway. Just my thoughts on what I think Klopps thoughts might be. ;-)

I would not put AOC near the starting XI. Not now, that we have Gakpo.

AOC showed his best before Roma's injury and that was behind our striker, most advanced midfielder.

Come on Reds, please win and hope that City get back to their form to win against Utd.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #48: Jan 12, 2023 09:00:50 am
      I would not put AOC near the starting XI. Not now, that we have Gakpo.

AOC showed his best before Roma's injury and that was behind our striker, most advanced midfielder.

Come on Reds, please win and hope that City get back to their form to win against Utd.

Personally Im not that fussed, I just think klopp may utilise him while fit, 60mins ox, 30mins Gapko type of thing, but it could be the other way round as well.

We shall see.

Jones is fit again as well, thats another option as well as young carvhalo.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #49: Jan 12, 2023 09:13:53 am
      If chamberlain starts infront of gapko then that's a joke. We've paid him to do nowt for best part of 3 years. So I wouldn't change that 5 months before he leaves for good. No business starting Saturday. He's not good enough .... end of story.

Only way that would be happening is if something was a miss Gapko. Ox days are finished as a Liverpool player ( or should be )
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #50: Jan 12, 2023 09:24:01 am
      Only way that would be happening is if something was a miss Gapko. Ox days are finished as a Liverpool player ( or should be )

Obv. hes gone in the summer. Just saying klopp will probably utilize him while fit. could be as a sub or starting we shall see.
      Same goes for Naby, need to use him while he is fit.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #51: Jan 12, 2023 10:11:33 am
      Obv. hes gone in the summer. Just saying klopp will probably utilize him while fit. could be as a sub or starting we shall see.

Neither have been good enough for me, Ox always flattered to deceive and Naby just hasn’t ever fitted in, injuries or otherwise, tbf to him he hasn’t had a decent run of games for him to establish a regular slot, dunno anyone ever to be as injury prone as him, Ox wasn’t ever good enough to play central midfield for Liverpool, his favoured position, he wasn’t even good enough for f***in Arsenal ffs, both have had their moments of course but, if your happy with either in your favourite X1, then you’re setting your standards low,
      The names Naby Keita or Oxlade chamberlain don’t roll off the tongue like say Gerrard, Souness, Macdermott, McMahon, Whelan, Kennedy, Case etc etc etc do they ??

Different era, obviously but the quality levels go through the roof !!!

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #52: Jan 12, 2023 10:18:11 am

Neither have been good enough for me, Ox always flattered to deceive and Naby just hasn’t ever fitted in, injuries or otherwise, tbf to him he hasn’t had a decent run of games for him to establish a regular slot, dunno anyone ever to be as injury prone as him, Ox wasn’t ever good enough to play central midfield for Liverpool, his favoured position, he wasn’t even good enough for f***in Arsenal ffs, both have had their moments of course but, if your happy with either in your favourite X1, then you’re setting your standards low,
      The names Naby Keita or Oxlade chamberlain don’t roll off the tongue like say Gerrard, Souness, Macdermott, McMahon, Whelan, Kennedy, Case etc etc etc do they ??

Different era, obviously but the quality levels go through the roof !!!

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A

Chill Bill. L O L

Not in my 1st 11, just saying I reckon klopp will use them both when fit.

Both good players that have been very unlucky with injuries, thats it.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #53: Jan 12, 2023 10:59:40 am
      Personally Im not that fussed, I just think klopp may utilise him while fit, 60mins ox, 30mins Gapko type of thing, but it could be the other way round as well.

We shall see.

Jones is fit again as well, thats another option as well as young carvhalo.

I'm not happy seeing Jones or AOC on the line-up. Carvalho is on a different level then them however, after the City game, Klopp did not use him afterwards.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #54: Jan 12, 2023 11:17:07 am
      I'm not happy seeing Jones or AOC on the line-up. Carvalho is on a different level then them however, after the City game, Klopp did not use him afterwards.

Carvalho like Elliot are not central midfielders even though Klopp has been shoe horning him into that position, would be a disaster to include him in a 3 man midfield against Brighton.
      Further forward they are more likely to offer something coming on as subs against tiring legs.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #55: Jan 12, 2023 11:19:28 am

I said they were options. probably option from bench.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #56: Jan 12, 2023 11:20:14 am
      Carvalho like Elliot are not central midfielders even though Klopp has been shoe horning him into that position, would be a disaster to include him in a 3 man midfield against Brighton.
      Further forward they are more likely to offer something coming on as subs against tiring legs.

Agree with this. for me elliott is best being wee mo's sub, but young doak is looking a better option for that already. Crazy.
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #57: Jan 12, 2023 12:19:13 pm
      I've got a feeling in my bones that we'll defy logic and actually get something from this game.  However, we'll need to control midfield, otherwise they'll cut through us like a hot knife through butter:

Alisson
      TAA  Konaté  Matip  Robbo
           Hendo  Thiago  Keita
           Nunez  Salah  Gakpo

Keita deserves a start: the polar opposite of Fabinho.  If Bajcetic was fit I'd have gone 4-4-2 and put Gakpo on the bench. 

Then again, as sure as night turns into day, Klopp will start Hendo, Fab and Thiago in midfield and they'll probably be 3-1 up at half time.

It's the hope that kills you! 
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #58: Jan 12, 2023 01:50:45 pm
      Is Naby fit? He's been predicted by a few of us to start. I think he'd be injured before matchday. I'm that hopeless. :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #59: Jan 12, 2023 02:08:16 pm

Utilize what though Brez? I don’t see what you see on this one and for the life of me I just can’t see Klopp playing him unless he’s desperate, obviously Klopp been that desperate recently he gave him a chance but honestly! he offers your team Jack sh*t.

Think I read somewhere on here he may get a new contract.  :o Christ if that does happen financially  you lot must be in worse  state/position than I thought. He’s not good enough to play in the PL anymore and is very much a championship player at best now.

Hope he does get a contract though.  :f_whistle:  ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #60: Jan 12, 2023 03:33:17 pm
      Need to pull out all the stops, to achieve anything against, Brighton on Saturday. Obviously not gifting them with any silly goals. It would be great to come away with a win but easier said than done nowadays.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #61: Jan 12, 2023 03:33:20 pm
      Utilize what though Brez? I don’t see what you see on this one and for the life of me I just can’t see Klopp playing him unless he’s desperate, obviously Klopp been that desperate recently he gave him a chance but honestly! he offers your team Jack sh*t.

Think I read somewhere on here he may get a new contract.  :o Christ if that does happen financially  you lot must be in worse  state/position than I thought. He’s not good enough to play in the PL anymore and is very much a championship player at best now.

Hope he does get a contract though.  :f_whistle:  ;D

Ox needs a run of games to get the best out of him, I can just see klopp rotating him and Gapko while the latter settles in.

And no chance of a new contract that was just BS on twitter.  If it was serious it would be reduced wages an pay as you play, If I was ox id be heading off to somewhere sunny in a slower league. l o l
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #62: Jan 12, 2023 03:57:23 pm
      Rumours, yet to be confirmed, that Nunez is out for 3 weeks  :mad:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #63: Jan 12, 2023 03:59:42 pm

Another injury, seemingly jinxed this season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #64: Jan 12, 2023 04:06:27 pm
      Believe it when klopp confirms it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #65: Jan 12, 2023 04:07:28 pm

And where are these rumours coming from?

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #66: Jan 12, 2023 04:11:48 pm
      Nunez wasn't in training today. Could have been a media day some have said.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #67: Jan 12, 2023 04:16:01 pm
      Nunez wasn't in training today. Could have been a media day some have said.

F***ing hell the weird cu*ts counting players in Kirkby need to have a day off!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #68: Jan 12, 2023 04:24:15 pm
      F***ing hell the weird cu*ts counting players in Kirkby need to have a day off!!

Indeed.

Quick Reply