Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Brighton v Liverpool : 3pm Sat 14th Jan

Read 7776 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Pre Match : Brighton v Liverpool : 3pm Sat 14th Jan
      Reply #92: Jan 13, 2023 09:54:15 am
      Keira wasn't in training photos last week but was still in the squad

How often is Keita in any training photos anyway? :D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #93: Jan 13, 2023 10:04:19 am
      Would have liked us to try three centre halves for this one but won't ever happen under Jürgen.

Me too.  Giving the fit players I think it would work well. 3-5-2 maybe ?

----------- Gomez - Matip - Konate -----------
      - Trent - Hendo - Fab - Thiago - Robbo ----
         ------------ Salah - Gapko ---------
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #94: Jan 13, 2023 10:43:45 am
      Would have liked us to try three centre halves for this one but won't ever happen under Jürgen.

And we have the players to do it, with Trent and Robertson so good in attack as wing backs.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #95: Jan 13, 2023 10:53:00 am
      6 points from the last 5 head to head matches. A bit of a banana skin. Must win yet concerned, worried, afraid, fear, negative.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #96: Jan 13, 2023 11:14:13 am
      Me too.  Giving the fit players I think it would work well. 3-5-2 maybe ?

----------- Gomez - Matip - Konate -----------
      - Trent - Hendo - Fab - Thiago - Robbo ----
         ------------ Salah - Gapko ---------

I like 3 CB as well but don't think you need Fabinho there. Far too conservative.

3 4 3

With Elliott or someone behind the front 2
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #97: Jan 13, 2023 12:02:11 pm
      I like 3 CB as well but don't think you need Fabinho there. Far too conservative.

3 4 3

With Elliott or someone behind the front 2

Ideal for Bobbi when fit.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #98: Jan 13, 2023 12:02:36 pm
      Nunez is a doubt. waiting on scans.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #99: Jan 13, 2023 12:08:29 pm
      2 years ago if you would've asked me: Would you see yourself be in favor for oil states to own Liverpool, I would've said fck NO. But after seeing what the FSG is doing to this club, I'm starting to reconsider my position. If we lose this game which is likely, I don't want season free of Europe and No Europa league or conference league.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #100: Jan 13, 2023 04:44:29 pm
      I see the perennial thorn in our side Trossard is not in the squad for this one due to a disciplinary issue in training with Brighton.

Can be no bad thing but tomorrow could be a really painful experience either way.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #101: Jan 13, 2023 05:16:06 pm
      I see the perennial thorn in our side Trossard is not in the squad for this one due to a disciplinary issue in training with Brighton.

Can be no bad thing but tomorrow could be a really painful experience either way.

Good news. Could do with their midfield having similar issues. I'm expecting us to be well beaten tomorrow. We could pull our finger out ... but I don't see it.

The team is getting alot of scrutiny. Ridiculed after Brentford ... and retorted with that awful response against wolves. Doesn't seem to be much if a siege mentality. More of a feeling sorry for ourselves mentality.

At the very least tomorrow i want to see us more organised, more compact, sitting deep and frustrating them and being hard to break down. And hit hard on the counter. The reality is we will start the game in a coma, concede early and be wide open, slow, mistake ridden and chaotic till the end. Just rinse and repeat ... like we did nothing in training all week. All this sounds negative ... I'm struggling to find much positivity.

But il be there tomorrow at 3pm ... hoping to see an improved performance that yields something to build on in the difficult weeks ahead.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #102: Jan 13, 2023 05:31:35 pm
      Jürgen  on our biggest issue: you do well to read the entire quote.
      "The way we play, and it's ball-orientated defending, I think that's no secret. That means whoever has the ball on the pitch he should face one in an ideal world, two in a perfect world, three players... one has to challenge, win it or lose, but if you lose then the next one is there, picks the ball up and we go from there. So, I've explained it in a very simple way, but that's how it is.

If you don't win the ball there, if you put that much legs on that side where the ball is, and you don't win the ball, players can get out. Yes, then the pitch looks incredibly big and that was obviously the situation we had too often in the last game. We were there, everything was right, three players, and still the Wolves player could get out. So, in one-v-one situations we lost challenges too easy, or didn't tackle, I don't know exactly how to explain it but you know what I mean. You cannot win a football game without winning challenges, it's absolutely not possible, and we drew a football game with not winning a lot. That shows already if we would win more that would be very helpful, and that's what we have to do. My job is to help the boys to bring them in the right spaces where they will have the challenges. But I cannot win challenges for them, that's now not possible. I cannot do that. That's obviously what we're clearly talking about and it's something we have to do, and that will change a lot. Especially now against Brighton, it's really important.

But again, we will not change now the way we play just to knock them constantly down and get yellow or red cards. We never had that. We just want ask ourselves to make this last step into a challenge, block the ball or then the ball is out, fine, there's a throw-in or whatever. But then we are really there more present – that's the idea. If we can do that, against a team who is really playing football, who has ball-playing build-up from the goal-kick, in open play, in all these kind of things, super drilled, two sixes, two 10s, no real striker – there's a striker, of course, but it's not really that he's always in the last line – they're all everywhere and that's where we have to be really aware. There are ways to defend it – other teams did it as well, we found our way as well, we just have to execute it now. It's a basic thing to win challenges and that's why we were talking a little bit about it."

Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #103: Jan 13, 2023 05:36:06 pm
      Jürgen looked pretty irritated and fed up today in his presser. Worrying times.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #104: Jan 13, 2023 05:36:18 pm
      Good news. Could do with their midfield having similar issues. I'm expecting us to be well beaten tomorrow. We could pull our finger out ... but I don't see it.

The team is getting alot of scrutiny. Ridiculed after Brentford ... and retorted with that awful response against wolves. Doesn't seem to be much if a siege mentality. More of a feeling sorry for ourselves mentality.

At the very least tomorrow i want to see us more organised, more compact, sitting deep and frustrating them and being hard to break down. And hit hard on the counter. The reality is we will start the game in a coma, concede early and be wide open, slow, mistake ridden and chaotic till the end. Just rinse and repeat ... like we did nothing in training all week. All this sounds negative ... I'm struggling to find much positivity.

But il be there tomorrow at 3pm ... hoping to see an improved performance that yields something to build on in the difficult weeks ahead.

Mate, I don’t think you have a positive bone in your body, was you born this way or did someone piss on your crisps when you were a kid ?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #105: Jan 13, 2023 05:55:54 pm
      Jürgen looked pretty irritated and fed up today in his presser. Worrying times.

Maybe he is just a bit annoyed with the constant dribble about transfers
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #106: Jan 13, 2023 06:12:21 pm
      If Nunez is out then

Alisson

TAA
      Matip
      Konate
      Robbo

Fabinho
      Henderson
      Keita

Elliot
      Gakpo
      Salah
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #107: Jan 13, 2023 06:30:38 pm
                     Allison
      Trent - Matip - Konate - Robbo
         Hendo - Fabinho - Keita
            Doak - Salah - Gakpo
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #108: Jan 13, 2023 07:12:19 pm
      Think Milner should come in. Not universally appreciated despite his efforts here but he can put a shift in. Important game as all away games are but this has a bit of extra edge due to recent setbacks. Hendo, Fabinho, Milner in mid, Keita if the Boss thinks we need 4 in mid but he's generally an attacking coach.

1-2.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #109: Jan 13, 2023 07:35:05 pm
      Think Milner should come in. Not universally appreciated despite his efforts here but he can put a shift in. Important game as all away games are but this has a bit of extra edge due to recent setbacks. Hendo, Fabinho, Milner in mid, Keita if the Boss thinks we need 4 in mid but he's generally an attacking coach.

1-2.

I would put Milner in too
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #110: Jan 13, 2023 09:13:08 pm
      Milner never let's the side down when called upon, including him tomorrow, could be a good choice.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #111: Jan 13, 2023 09:46:20 pm
      Milner never let's the side down when called upon, including him tomorrow, could be a good choice.

Probably not from the start however as I think he's only been back two days.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #112: Jan 14, 2023 05:25:30 am
      Backs against the wall game, expect the Lads to come out firing and get all 3 points.

Just do us a favour lads, don't F***ing concede in the first 5 minutes!!!
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #113: Jan 14, 2023 05:38:23 am
      Try not to depress anybody on this form, but I just saw a video from a few years ago, when our heavy metal football was in full effect. We beat them 5-1 at Brighton. Can scored the first goal on a beautiful header from a corner.

Hoping for the best outcome tomorrow.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #114: Jan 14, 2023 07:45:44 am
      Backs against the wall game, expect the Lads to come out firing and get all 3 points.

Just do us a favour lads, don't f**king concede in the first 5 minutes!!!

That f**king Trossard will score a brace minimum.

Quick Reply