Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Homegrown Issue

Read 877 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Homegrown Issue
      Jan 13, 2023 08:33:44 am
      Wee seemingly have a problem with homegrown players next season, especially when milner and the ox leave.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/01/liverpools-new-homegrown-squad-issue-and-the-players-who-can-solve-it/
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Homegrown Issue
      Reply #1: Jan 13, 2023 03:58:25 pm
      Wee seemingly have a problem with homegrown players next season, especially when milner and the ox leave.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/01/liverpools-new-homegrown-squad-issue-and-the-players-who-can-solve-it/

Quickly browsing through the article it also lists Kelleher as homegrown, who will probably want to leave this summer for a first-team opportunity.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2: Jan 13, 2023 05:07:31 pm
      What this really speaks to is the quality of players being produced at our Academy over the past 6 years or so. Even now our top young prospects are players we purchased (Doak, Bajcetic, Harvey, Gordon). Nothing wrong with that but the ones we grow ourselves tend to end up at a Championship side or lower.

Harder for young players to get a chance at big.clubs I know, but that is why the rule is there for.

Is Tyler Morton counted in this? (I see it now, they kind of middle the fact that U21 players CAN be registered as part of the 25 - Morton I think will be part of the first team squad next season).
      « Last Edit: Jan 13, 2023 05:16:36 pm by Robby The Z »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: Jan 23, 2023 01:15:18 pm
      What this really speaks to is the quality of players being produced at our Academy over the past 6 years or so. Even now our top young prospects are players we purchased (Doak, Bajcetic, Harvey, Gordon). Nothing wrong with that but the ones we grow ourselves tend to end up at a Championship side or lower.

Harder for young players to get a chance at big.clubs I know, but that is why the rule is there for.

Is Tyler Morton counted in this? (I see it now, they kind of middle the fact that U21 players CAN be registered as part of the 25 - Morton I think will be part of the first team squad next season).

Morton seemingly having a good loan spell, be interesting to see him in our squad next season.

Quick Reply