Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17492 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Jan 15, 2023 11:21:32 am

What we do know is that you know f**k all about the club behind the scenes - there isn’t “chaos” , it’s embarrassing people reacting as bad as they are over a drop in form

Drop in form 🤣

Shut up yah plank our stats show we are playing bottom of the league football.

Oh yeah I forgot you don’t do stats 🤔
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #668: Jan 15, 2023 11:23:16 am
      I didn’t watch it yesterday but was it worse than that 3-0 loss at Watford quite soon after he took over?

I thought so not a lot in it mind.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #669: Jan 15, 2023 11:32:08 am
      Drop in form 🤣

Shut up yah plank our stats show we are playing bottom of the league football.

Oh yeah I forgot you don’t do stats 🤔

“Bottom of the league football”
      It’s a drop in form that they will sort out

It seems some can’t find a middle ground
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #670: Jan 15, 2023 11:37:13 am
      What we don't need is the "I told yer so" brigade. Nearly everybody on here expected this. We were lucky it wasn't 5/6 and that was down to Brighton not being clinical enough.

The tactics were a mess and Klopp actually said he was playing a 3-5-2...but we were playing a flat back 4. He said "Trent wasn't getting high enough"...so as well as the midfield being overrun, tactically we were all over the place with the manager not really knowing what system we were playing.

What next ?...good question.....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #671: Jan 15, 2023 11:56:44 am
      Christ - can remember a lot of games even worse

Off the top of my head

Bolton and Bristol City knocking us out of the cup in successive seasons
      Northampton Town
      Peterborough
      Strasbourg
      Coventry away was it 5-0 or 5-1 under Souness
      Stoke City 6-1 under Rodgers

I've seen far, far worse days than yesterday!!

rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #672: Jan 15, 2023 11:58:38 am
      Christ - can remember a lot of games even worse

Really in Klopps tenure ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #673: Jan 15, 2023 12:01:45 pm

Crystal Palace at home with Big Sam in charge was a bad day, far worse than yesterday.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #674: Jan 15, 2023 12:05:17 pm
      Crystal Palace at home with Big Sam in charge was a bad day, far worse than yesterday.

Not for me they had 28% possession and our cutting edge was non existent but at least we had a structure just one of those games . Yesterday was awful in every aspect just lacked everything
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #675: Jan 15, 2023 12:13:58 pm
      Not for me they had 28% possession and our cutting edge was non existent but at least we had a structure just one of those games . Yesterday was awful in every aspect just lacked everything

Hahaha yeah remembering that structure falling to bits as Benteke took the piss scoring two ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #676: Jan 15, 2023 12:19:41 pm

Yeah probably the worst I have seen under Klopp yesterday.

You know it’s bad when the club have players out on social media.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #677: Jan 15, 2023 12:36:00 pm
      https://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/294

Don't talk to me about bad results..I still haven't got over this 3-0 yet..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #678: Jan 15, 2023 12:42:46 pm
      https://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/294

Don't talk to me about bad results..I still haven't got over this 3-0 yet..

Hahahaha 😆

Ah a simpler time of bent refs, watches as gifts etc etc
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #679: Jan 15, 2023 01:36:37 pm
      Just spent 200m in one window the strings aren't that tight.  Doesn't include Maguire ,Sanch ,Pogba , Lukaku, etc etc

I read somewhere that the ÂŁ200m was the limit to their transfer budget making future signings not straightforward.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #680: Jan 15, 2023 05:44:14 pm
      I could name you 100s of international players that played in the World Cup that not good enough to play in the championship let alone the PL.  :f_doh:

He’s had years of being a sh*t player, he wasn’t even that good when he first came and was overrated by many. I really don’t know what your watching when you see him play?   Not sure you can know that much about football if you think he’s good enough to play for Liverpool. However, hope Klopp listens to you and gives him another contract and plays every week, you’ll be very happy and so will I.  ;D

Brother..They had Danny Welbeck and Adam Lallana.

My point wasn't that Ox is an incredible player.

You chose to take my comment and make it about Ox.

The 3-0 scoreline is not because Ox played.

My point was, no matter who is selected. We should not be losing 3-0 to Brighton.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #681: Jan 15, 2023 05:48:33 pm

My point was, no matter who is selected. We should not be losing 3-0 to Brighton.

That's arrogance talking, they've become a decent team under De Zerbi, they were good at Anfield under him too!!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #682: Jan 15, 2023 05:56:14 pm
      That's arrogance talking, they've become a decent team under De Zerbi, they were good at Anfield under him too!!

How is that arrogance? They aren't a team that are 3-0 better than us , with adam lallana in midfield ;D. The players let us down.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #683: Jan 15, 2023 05:59:31 pm
      How is that arrogance? They aren't a team that are 3-0 better than us , with adam lallana in midfield ;D. The players let us down.

It is if you take into account their F***ing performance and how they played.

We got beat, suck it up lad and move on. We go again!!
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,611 posts | 365 
      Reply #684: Jan 15, 2023 06:46:35 pm
      Off the top of my head

Bolton and Bristol City knocking us out of the cup in successive seasons
      Northampton Town
      Peterborough
      Strasbourg
      Coventry away was it 5-0 or 5-1 under Souness
      Stoke City 6-1 under Rodgers

I've seen far, far worse days than yesterday!!

Villa away 2020 still brings me out in a cold sweat when we kept getting cut open with our high line.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #685: Jan 15, 2023 07:45:15 pm
      I liken things right now to our team during that first half season (a bit more) Klopp was in charge. We went on a couple of Cup runs but  we lost a string of league games in the run-in and it was evident we weren't going to qualify for Europe unless we won the UEFA Cup (which we didn't, thanks in part to the referee ignoring two Seville handballs in the area). /

Still there were promising signs as Klopp implemented his system, even with a team full of Brendan's players. It was going to take a while to transition, but there were some young players getting vital experience, and he was identifying some veterans he could rely on (like Bobby). The following season we didn't have European football and this impacted revenue and potentially recruitment, but JĂźrgen continued building a  new team, with some youngsters getting extended runouts with the team (they didn't all make it). That first full-year team qualified for the Champions League and that team made it to the final the following season. Both of those teams led the league at some point in the Premier League season.

This team will strive to do what it can, but I'm writing off this season in terms of results. I expect no European football next year. Despite that, I expect our manager and the management team to build another top-level team over the next season and a half. It is a drop from what we have gotten accustomed to the past few seasons, but these things take some time when you can't just spend without restriction. It was worth waiting for the first time and it will be again.

In the meantime I will keep watching and supporting the team for every game - and believing in our manager to bring us happiness on the park.

Take heart, true Reds.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #686: Jan 15, 2023 08:03:22 pm
      Villa away 2020 still brings me out in a cold sweat when we kept getting cut open with our high line.

Actually the cup semi in 2015 was far more grim.

I've pretty much accepted the pandemic season with empty souless stadiums was always going to throw up some freak results.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #687: Jan 15, 2023 08:06:54 pm
      Spurs when Lovren was ripped apart
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #688: Jan 15, 2023 08:07:21 pm

But playing with Ox is like playing with ten men, he gives you nothing back.  What’s his weekly wage?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #689: Jan 15, 2023 08:08:05 pm
      But playing with Ox is like playing with ten men, he gives you nothing back.  What’s his weekly wage?

Has Ox done something to upset you 🤷‍♂️

He is the last person to score a league goal for us

Quick Reply