Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18294 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Jan 14, 2023 05:33:51 pm
      Quite simply at the moment we loom mentally and physically shot
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #530: Jan 14, 2023 05:33:56 pm
      We don't need a new system and voice, we need a few top midfielders and our injured players back.

That's all.

Klopp is still a brilliant manager he just needs to accept the midfield needs an overhaul.

Milner, Keita, Ox need to go asap. Hendo and Fab need to be phased out with better quality over next two seasons.

That's 5 midfielders we need to bring in over the next two seasons.

We also need a new CB as we can't rely on the fitness of Matip and Konate.

Why haven't we had that already then? Why have we signed Nunez and Gakpo instead of two top midfielders or even one top midfielder? I feel like Klopp still thinks his midfield can do the job and is loyal to more than a few players when they have no right to have his loyalty.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #531: Jan 14, 2023 05:34:14 pm
      Missed the game due to my boy's football team's bowling get together...

What did I miss?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #532: Jan 14, 2023 05:35:53 pm

What did I miss?

Like you I missed it.

I guess we're as sh*te as we have been with the same tired old system
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #533: Jan 14, 2023 05:36:00 pm
      Amidst the disarray, shout out to Brighton who were phenomenal. What a well run club they are and capable of playing supreme football as well. The perfect antidote to a league being increasingly marred by the blood stained money that swamps it nowadays.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #534: Jan 14, 2023 05:36:07 pm

What did I miss?

Nout
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #535: Jan 14, 2023 05:36:22 pm
      Why haven't we had that already then? Why have we signed Nunez and Gakpo instead of two top midfielders or even one top midfielder? I feel like Klopp still thinks his midfield can do the job and is loyal to more than a few players when they have no right to have his loyalty.

That’s exactly what Klopp thinks - or he has his targets in mind and can’t get them at the moment

The Gakpo signing will seem the strange one because he doesn’t look like the type of player who fits into how we play
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #536: Jan 14, 2023 05:36:54 pm
      Amidst the disarray, shout out to Brighton who were phenomenal. What a well run club they are and capable of playing supreme football as well. The perfect antidote to a league being increasingly marred by the blood stained money that swamps it nowadays.

Yes head and shoulders better than us. As I said earlier they'd beat us every week.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #537: Jan 14, 2023 05:37:43 pm
      There is nowhere to go with this nonsense.

Hahaha that divvy is just doing the reverse of the blueshite conspiracy theories about our players being asthmatic wink wink ;)
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #538: Jan 14, 2023 05:38:13 pm
      Boss just admitted the system was wrong and it's down to him. Brighton were outstanding but this system..433 with Thiago higher up left too much space in midfield and against a fast moving super confident team it was difficult to defend so much space.

Needs a serious re think.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #539: Jan 14, 2023 05:38:21 pm
      We are missing VVD, Diaz, Jota, Firmino and Nunez. Those are needed quick because Klopp can't and won't change the formation.

What did Carvalho do to not play a second after his goal against City.

:(
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #540: Jan 14, 2023 05:38:59 pm

What did I miss?

Nitoma and March giving us the run around.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #541: Jan 14, 2023 05:39:59 pm

Got eased off the ball far too easily in defensive positions would be my guess.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #542: Jan 14, 2023 05:41:24 pm
      Got eased off the ball far too easily in defensive positions would be my guess.

Yes he is physically weak
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #543: Jan 14, 2023 05:41:30 pm
      Boss just admitted the system was wrong and it's down to him. Brighton were outstanding but this system..433 with Thiago higher up left too much space in midfield and against a fast moving super confident team it was difficult to defend so much space.

Needs a serious re think.

You could see the difference when Naby came on
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #544: Jan 14, 2023 05:41:35 pm

What did I miss?

Brighton looked like prime Barcelona against us.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #545: Jan 14, 2023 05:42:39 pm
      We are missing VVD, Diaz, Jota, Firmino and Nunez. Those are needed quick because Klopp can't and won't change the formation.

You can only guess that Carvalho isn't showing enough on the training pitch to justify selection.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #546: Jan 14, 2023 05:42:41 pm
      Boss just admitted the system was wrong and it's down to him.

It's his one flaw, he'll defend his players no matter what. Tbh I'd rather have Klopp than Lampard or Marsch who are only too happy to throw players under the bus.

The players need to start performing for him though.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,485 posts | 217 
      Reply #547: Jan 14, 2023 05:42:46 pm
      We don't need a new system and voice, we need a few top midfielders and our injured players back.

That's all.

Klopp is still a brilliant manager he just needs to accept the midfield needs an overhaul.

Milner, Keita, Ox need to go asap. Hendo and Fab need to be phased out with better quality over next two seasons.

That's 5 midfielders we need to bring in over the next two seasons.

We also need a new CB as we can't rely on the fitness of Matip and Konate.

A brilliant manager does not allow the midfield to get to this state nor does a brilliant manager have to be convinced in not being loyal to dead wood

The problem is klopp refuses to adapt

He had the funds but keeps buying strikers or wingers and won’t buy cm and hasn’t done for 3 seasons now

Rafa is there and waiting to save our season, he has unfinished businesses

Time to put the club first and we cannot carry someone past their prime
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #548: Jan 14, 2023 05:43:11 pm

What did I miss?

Trent....picked it up...on the half way line...and...set himself...then did a fantastic....er...throw in...MOTM..
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      Reply #549: Jan 14, 2023 05:44:14 pm

Ok but his creative input was needed.

We had a couple of physically weak players playing and without his creative input.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #550: Jan 14, 2023 05:45:15 pm
      A brilliant manager does not allow the midfield to get to this state nor does a brilliant manager have to be convinced in not being loyal to dead wood

The problem is klopp refuses to adapt

He had the funds but keeps buying strikers or wingers and won’t buy cm and hasn’t done for 3 seasons now

Rafa is there and waiting to save our season, he has unfinished businesses

Time to put the club first and we cannot carry someone past their prime

F***ing hell you are stilll going on about Rafa

Are you actually serious
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      Reply #551: Jan 14, 2023 05:45:20 pm
      You can only guess that Carvalho isn't showing enough on the training pitch to justify selection.

Aoc and Fabinho are smoking Klopp pipe than to be playing.

Quick Reply