Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19850 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Jan 14, 2023 05:46:38 pm
      A brilliant manager does not allow the midfield to get to this state nor does a brilliant manager have to be convinced in not being loyal to dead wood

The problem is klopp refuses to adapt

He had the funds but keeps buying strikers or wingers and won’t buy cm and hasn’t done for 3 seasons now

Rafa is there and waiting to save our season, he has unfinished businesses

Time to put the club first and we cannot carry someone past their prime
      We are all fed up and angry...But Rafa is not coming back except in your dreams
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #553: Jan 14, 2023 05:46:38 pm
      It's his one flaw, he'll defend his players no matter what. Tbh I'd rather have Klopp than Lampard or Marsch who are only too happy to throw players under the bus.

The players need to start performing for him though.

Definitely.

It's a great quality and as I mentioned before it's what's made him successful.

Could also be his undoing if he doesn't be a bit more ruthless over the coming months.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,114 posts | 2131 
      Reply #554: Jan 14, 2023 05:46:38 pm
      A brilliant manager does not allow the midfield to get to this state nor does a brilliant manager have to be convinced in not being loyal to dead wood

He had the funds but keeps buying strikers or wingers and won’t buy cm and hasn’t done for 3 seasons now

To say Klopp refuses to adapt is just brain dead I'm afraid. You don't last 7 and a half years at a club having won every single trophy there is to win without having the ability to adapt.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #555: Jan 14, 2023 05:49:41 pm
      Looking at the result and the performance I didn’t except any other outcome to be honest. This team ages and is mentally fu**ed.

Wolves will be the next sh*t show followed by Chelsea next weekend. Knowing us we will help Chelsea kick back into gear then.

But like Klopp said they are working very hard every day  :roll:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #556: Jan 14, 2023 05:50:17 pm

F***ing hell you forgetting the whole Alonso/Barry saga. Then Aquilani.

I love Rafa thanks to Istanbul, but thinking he'll magically rework this midfield is madness
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #557: Jan 14, 2023 05:51:07 pm

Rafa?

Holy good F**k.

Love the man but he's yesterdays news.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #558: Jan 14, 2023 05:52:04 pm
      Definitely.

It's a great quality and as I mentioned before it's what's made him successful.

Could also be his undoing if he doesn't be a bit more ruthless over the coming months.

I agree, it depends how ruthless he is behind the scenes. My guess is he'll give them down the banks at Kirkby but refuses to do it in front of the cameras.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,010 posts | 225 
      Reply #559: Jan 14, 2023 05:52:21 pm
      Like the rest of the players  looking at our results lately
      But physically weak it’s ok for the hard championship
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #560: Jan 14, 2023 05:53:39 pm
      *keith is itching to get involved but is biding his time*

;D You know i never get involved in match threads mate.  :D Been on here to long and know how toxic it gets between your own fans without a manc joining in. Ive had a good day though. Surprised that some of you having ago at Klopp, it isn't really his fault imho.  I'm happy enough reading comments, that's why i very rarely get accused of wuming  coz its something i don't do.  The ones that do accuse me are basically just frustrated which i totally get. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #561: Jan 14, 2023 05:54:24 pm
      Like the rest of the players  looking at our results lately

A little bit of upper body strength and he'll be fine, plus he's still regarded as a kid and in his first season with us. It's not on him to dig us out of the mess every week!
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 136 
      Reply #562: Jan 14, 2023 05:54:41 pm
      Said before KO that we would be battered by them. They are a mirror image of what we were - high pressing, getting stuck in when they needed too, chasing balls, and being able to stick the ball in the net - everything we WERE good at.
      It was so depressing listening to it.  :mad:
      I am fed up people saying how good FSG are. Yes, a new stadium extension, yes a new state of the art training facility but you have to ask yourself what is the point of it all when they perform like this?
      Injuries notwithstanding we should at least be showing some desire, some passion for the shirt.
      Klopp may have his faults but realistically he has been a miracle worker within the confines imposed on him by FSG - but enough is enough. We need quality players and we need them now. 
      Oh and can someone tell me why Carvalho is sat on his backside and we have OX in the starting 11? :f_steam:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #563: Jan 14, 2023 05:55:18 pm
      ;D You know i never get involved in match threads mate.  :D Been on here to long and know how toxic it gets between your own fans without a manc joining in. Ive had a good day though. Surprised that some of you having ago at Klopp, it isn't really his fault imho.  I'm happy enough reading comments, that's why i very rarely get accused of wuming  coz its something i don't do.  The ones that do accuse me are basically just frustrated which i totally get. 

Manc b***ard ;)

Had a good day? :laugh:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #564: Jan 14, 2023 05:57:47 pm
      Well we had best smack Wolves on Tuesday or the season is over for us
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,248 posts | 1226 
      Reply #565: Jan 14, 2023 05:58:36 pm
      Gutted. When nobody thinks you'll win and you hope we can defy those expectations and show our mettle but end up getting battered it knocks the stuffing out of you. We need a shot in the arm of something quick as we are in a deep rut.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #566: Jan 14, 2023 05:59:54 pm

Wolves will batter us. Isn't it Brighton away as well next round. I don't fancy another hiding down there.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #567: Jan 14, 2023 06:00:12 pm

That'll be when Madrid dump us out if you want to be totally depressive ;) but it's about time the squad stopped feeling sorry for itself and grew a set.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,527 posts | 224 
      Reply #568: Jan 14, 2023 06:01:53 pm
      To say Klopp refuses to adapt is just brain dead I'm afraid. You don't last 7 and a half years at a club having won every single trophy there is to win without having the ability to adapt.

How did he adapt in that time? Adapting comes from when things don’t go well not when things are going well

He builds Great teams but has a blind spot to loyalty and it costs him, what happened in his last club is happening here, carbon copy.

When things get tough is when to really judge a very good manager from a great one, klopp can’t and won’t adapt, just like he didn’t in the past and just like wenger and Jose didn’t, klopp is being left behind, he has to leave his sentiment behind but it’s too late, the team will suffer a lot now and it’s time to put the club first over a managers stubbornness

Liverpool is bigger than the manager and always will be
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #569: Jan 14, 2023 06:02:09 pm
      We are becoming so easy to beat its worrying. Only chelsea and everton are worse than us. We are absolutely fu**ed from last season.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,527 posts | 224 
      Reply #570: Jan 14, 2023 06:02:47 pm

Oh crap, forgot about this one. This will be a horror show, hopefully we keep the defeat respectable
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,944 posts | 452 
      Reply #571: Jan 14, 2023 06:03:11 pm
      That'll be when Madrid dump us out if you want to be totally depressive ;) but it's about time the squad stopped feeling sorry for itself and grew a set.

Indeed it is
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,527 posts | 224 
      Reply #572: Jan 14, 2023 06:04:12 pm
      F***ing hell you forgetting the whole Alonso/Barry saga. Then Aquilani.

I love Rafa thanks to Istanbul, but thinking he'll magically rework this midfield is madness

His tactical ability and adaptability is exactly what we need
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #573: Jan 14, 2023 06:05:55 pm
      His tactical ability and adaptability is exactly what we need

And go all defensive and draw against teams we regularly beat under Klopp.

You forgot that bit lad - the draws that used to cost us under Rafa!!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,243 posts | 1112 
      Reply #574: Jan 14, 2023 06:06:16 pm
      Rafa in for Klopp, ;D. Put the meth pipe down homie  :lmao:

I will say, if Klopp had just a lil bit of Rafas coldness to players it would help. Bench some of the under performing players and play the likes of Doak and Barjetic. I mean what so you have to lose?

Klopps one real flaw is is faith in the system and older players.

Quick Reply